• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Infinite Undiscovery |OT|

Cianalas

cjelly said:
Is there going to be a demo?
I think we would have gotten it by now if there was one. I might be wrong but I think each JRPG demo on the marketplace (at least the NA one) has come out at least a month before the game's retail release.

What the hell? This game comes out so soon? I thought it was months off!

I'll be leaving the country for a while, but this is the first game I'll be picking up when I get back.

Great banner Himuro; good write-up duckroll.

Needless to say: day 1. I *STILL* don't know if I will play ToV first or wait for this one -- nevertheless, this is a must-buy. I really, really hope that this is good.

HiResDes

Its not quite up to par with the usual neogaf official threads but its the best I can do
LINK

I asked this question over in the other thread, but got no answer...Does anyone have any pictures of Michelle/Miruce in game.

joesmokey

Can throw this somewhere in the OP
nohevr.jpg

Credit to Gamersyde for the original image.

Error

Jealous of the Glory that is Johnny Depp
HiResDes said:
Its not quite up to par with the usual neogaf official threads but its the best I can do
LINK

I asked this question over in the other thread, but got no answer...Does anyone have any pictures of Michelle/Miruce in game.
1009_0046.jpg

1009_0047.jpg

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
Three major rpgs in a short time span. Not bad per say, but overwhelming. My head is going to explode.

Teknoman

goldenpp72 said:
what's the third one? last remnant isn't until november I think.

On 360? Tales of Vesperia, Infinite Undiscovery, Last Remnant.

If you've got other systems, the list expands alot.

HiResDes

Oh I thought that was her. I even have that first pic in my thread, but I wasn't sure if it was here or Aya...But yeah I think she's the cutest character of all, I'm love with teh pixels.

Rpgmonkey

Nice thread. :)

Probably won't be playing this until around the holidays though, I lack the time right now anyway for games. :(

HiResDes

burgerdog said:
Can't wait to play this, my last JRPG was FFXII.

Really? You didn't like Lost Odyssey? I found the game to be quite enjoyable once I got to the middle of disc 2, it has tons of secrets though, and you don't commit yourself to trying to find them you can easily miss out on an entire quarter of the game.

I watched the combat video on IGN today and it looks a little frantic and messy...I really can't decide between this and ToV. I guess I'll have to wait for the hype to die down from both.

JudgeN

Ugh i know I shouldn't buy this due to backlog and me buying a house but fuck i can't help it. I'm such a weak person :lol

burgerdog

HiResDes said:
Really? You didn't like Lost Odyssey? I found the game to be quite enjoyable once I got to the middle of disc 2, it has tons of secrets though, and you don't commit yourself to trying to find them you can easily miss out on an entire quarter of the game.

I have zero interest in Lost Odyssey.

burgerdog

Teknoman said:
But Sakaguchi, Uematsu, tears, and thousand year stories.

:lol I don't know. I was looking forward to LO before it came out, I didn't bother picking it up on release date and after that I simply lost all interest in it.

Ermac

Proudly debt free. If you need a couple bucks, just ask.
Classic_Gs said:
I am really hyped for IU but I am concerned that the length seems to be around 25hrs.

Perfect length for me. Especially this year I don't have enough time for 40+ hour games. Plus it's Tri-Ace, so I'm sure there will be plenty of side-quests and secrets to delve into.

Teknoman

burgerdog said:
:lol I don't know. I was looking forward to LO before it came out, I didn't bother picking it up on release date and after that I simply lost all interest in it.

Oh, well that happens. Same thing happened with me and Mercenaries 2. Big fan of the first one, but after so long i've lost interest.

Cosmo Clock 21 said:
Twenty-five hours is a respectable length for a game. JRPGs are too long these days, anyways.

Well these days 50 assumed hours is usually the "i've got my money worth" sweet spot for RPGs. Besides its not going to take anyone "25 hours" the first time through. You got to count game overs, side quests, leveling, etc.

clashfan

Classic_Gs said:
I am really hyped for IU but I am concerned that the length seems to be around 25hrs.

That seems about the length of Mass Effect and I though that was a perfect length for me.

Llyranor

There's a lot of GAF hype around this game, and I'm genuinely interested in many aspects of it (AP's, Force, Situation Battles, Private Events, etc). I guess I'm pretty much sold, but maybe not day1 sold (I'm picking Vesperia just before anyway for the co-op.... aahhhh, don't kill me). As nice as all this sound, I'm still skeptical enough that I'll wait for the people around here to have actually played the game and given extensive impressions before I diminuendo dive in. Given its relatively short length, this shouldn't take more than a few days, maybe one or two weeks at most.

25 hrs is a great length, so long as it's 25 hrs of awesome minus any tedium that a longer JRPG would potentially have.

alanias

cjelly said:
Is there going to be a demo?

Personally, as much as I'd love a demo, I think demos of JRPGs generally show kind of poorly. A lot of people were turned off by the ToV and Blue Dragon demos for example. For some reason the genre just doesn't translate well into a little snippet of gameplay.

alanias said:
Personally, as much as I'd love a demo, I think demos of JRPGs generally show kind of poorly. A lot of people were turned off by the ToV and Blue Dragon demos for example. For some reason the genre just doesn't translate well into a little snippet of gameplay.

I think it just depends on what section of the game the demo is based on. I remember the FF7 and FF8 demos being awesome and I bet the demos helped sell the games not hinder them. The FF12 demo on the otherhand was pretty terrible. In the end I enjoyed FF12 a lot more than either of those two games so judging a game based on it's demo might not be the best idea. However, my point is that good demos can be made for RPG games.

Still, I don't need a demo for this game. Going to buy it day one.

alanias

Himuro said:
They were just shitty demos then. FF7, 8, and 10 had the best game demos ever. Then again, they had actually good pacing and really impressive areas at the beginning of the game that was full of action.

Yeah, it seems to depend on the game and the section chosen for the demo. I guess I'd like a demo for this game just to see how it plays. It has so many different gameplay systems it's kind of overwhelming without the experience of playing it.

Top Bottom