• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Infinity Blade II |OT| Swiping never felt so good

Kevin

WARNING: If you own an ipod touch 4 with iOS 5.01 then don't bother buying this game. It doesn't run at all, crashes. I tried all the usual tricks like clearing memory, rebooting the device, turning off GameCenter, wifi, turning on airplane mode, etc and no luck. I am hoping this is fixed soon because it's rather buggy.

- J - D -

Seems like the brunt of these issues are not affecting iPad 2 users, from reading the past few pages. I've had no problems on my iPad 2. Runs smooth, no glitches, crashes or loss of saved data. It's filled to the gills with content.

I haven't played the first one, but IB2 is pretty addictive. I don't understand a lick of the story so far in my 3 hours of play, so I picked up the book and will read it concurrently.

Berksy

WARNING: If you own an ipod touch 4 with iOS 5.01 then don't bother buying this game. It doesn't run at all, crashes. I tried all the usual tricks like clearing memory, rebooting the device, turning off GameCenter, wifi, turning on airplane mode, etc and no luck. I am hoping this is fixed soon because it's rather buggy.

I made it work like this:
-reboot
-close apps etc.
-run the game
-double tap home
-wait like a minute after logo disappears
-tap screen
-wait for the loading screen circle thing to go away
-insta double tap home button when you see a sword on top of the screen
-wait for intro to end (be patient)
-play the shit out of the game

My save also got lost at some point but then it miraculously came back. I don't have any other iOS device.

Enzom21

For those of you experiencing the lost save bug, you just need to go to the Character Slots menu and create a new character. Once it starts go back to the Character Slots menu and your original save should be there.

exYle

I'm finding my save is being more persistent now, but that's only because I refuse to force quit the application from Multi-tasking.

Also, I love the new heavy and dual-wielded weapons. Despite only making minimal differences, they feel like an entirely new combat system.
With dual-wielding, I have to remember that I don't have a fallback option with my shield - I have to know exactly what direction to dodge each attack. And sometimes with heavy weapons, the directional blocking goes in the opposite way the dodge normall does, so I have to keep that in mind. That, and the combo systems for dual-wielding and heavy are really quite different, and they feel so fresh.

Alright, I'm sure someone here can help me.

I beat the three
Blood Sentinels. The Archivist, the Stone Demon and the MX-Goliath.
What now?

Mike M

Nick N
I'm digging the fact that the variety of enemy types aren't always fixed at each encounter point. In the first one you would always encounter small/medium/large/dual wielding enemies at prescribed locations, though the skin would change. This time around, it seems completely random outside a few areas where the large and gigantic enemies wouldn't even fit.

Beat the Archivist, and then my next rebirth had a freakin' Wretch marching up the path for the first fight. Then the freakin' Black Knight got demoted to regular grunt or something, because he's the one that jumped me in the frame rate-killing third fight.

Berksy

Alright, I'm sure someone here can help me.

I beat the three
Blood Sentinels. The Archivist, the Stone Demon and the MX-Goliath.
What now?

They are high level. You better grind more skill points. Don't jump to powerful weapons fast. Master weak ones too. If creatures become so hard reset to bloodline 1 from options. Also equip helping rings at boss fights.

They are high level. You better grind more skill points. Don't jump to powerful weapons fast. Master weak ones too. If creatures become so hard reset to bloodline 1 from options. Also equip helping rings at boss fights.

I already beat those three :) I'm already mastering everything I can, it was more a question of where I should go now but I already found out.

deduce

What happens when you reset to bloodline 1? Is it like starting a new game or does your money/stats/items carry over?

wow some enemies are just horribly done imo.

Hate the random camera angles that makes it near impossible to see wtf the enemy is doing. Come on Justin, big flaws like this should not make it a 10 game =/

also the new 'big beast' enemy type is a pain in the ass to fight. I know it doesn't make a lick of sense, but why can't you parry them?

I forget, if you use a gem, are you able to remove it from the weapon?

yeah for a fee.

wow some enemies are just horribly done imo.

Hate the random camera angles that makes it near impossible to see wtf the enemy is doing. Come on Justin, big flaws like this should not make it a 10 game =/

also the new 'big beast' enemy type is a pain in the ass to fight. I know it doesn't make a lick of sense, but why can't you parry them?

Yeah, now that I'm further into the game things like this really stand out. Some fights in the dark are almost unplayable.

The big beast type is easiest when using dual swords IMO. I had to retry one enemy a few times until I got its patters down and then it was pretty much a cakewalk.

Berksy

What happens when you reset to bloodline 1? Is it like starting a new game or does your money/stats/items carry over?

You keep items/stats/money and creatures return to the state when you first start the game as far as i know. It worked that way in IB1.

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
Yes, but it costs a lot of money to do so.
Bleh, I probably won't touch gems for a while then...

Also noticed a bug where my controls won't work at all, my guy would just be standing there like an idiot. I'd get the enemy all dizzy up and my slashes won't register...meh. It's happened twice now so far

Also, dual wielding rox. Heavy weapons is cool but I rarely upgrade my shield stats and that would make that style a bit hard for me

The price depend of the price of the gem. Is quite cheap for low level gems. The best thing is to add it in the armour, that is the piece of equipment that you keep more time.

Yeah, now that I'm further into the game things like this really stand out. Some fights in the dark are almost unplayable.

The big beast type is easiest when using dual swords IMO. I had to retry one enemy a few times until I got its patters down and then it was pretty much a cakewalk.

some of the indoor stages have siris cover up like 70% of the screen. Makes it a bit hard to read wtf the enemy is about to do, especially when they use their 'charge up moves' which do get pretty complex in this game o_O.

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
Some of these XP bonus challenges are dumb. "Do 10 blocks"....uhh I'm using dual wielded weapons...

I actually increased my brightness on my phone because of this game :/

colinp

Banned
Some of these XP bonus challenges are dumb. "Do 10 blocks"....uhh I'm using dual wielded weapons...

I actually increased my brightness on my phone because of this game :/

Yeah I thought that was silly, too. Would be nice if they adjusted to the weapon type that you're using.

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
Yeah I thought that was silly, too. Would be nice if they adjusted to the weapon type that you're using.

That or like, give us the ability to quick swap weapon types in the world

The 'perfect/great' indicators for blocking/parrying is poor too. Okay, I got a great but I'm not sure how I did it? Is it based on timing? Directional swipe accuracy? I don't know! It doesn't tell me anything to improve

- J - D -

Press the block button in the right time. 10 times.

Is quite stupid that the bonus xp challenges are not scaled. Block with dual weapons, 10 blocks when you have 15 blocks, and the enemy took out 2 with each hit, etc.

Yes, yes, but I can't seem to get a feel for when the right time would be. Just before impact? Tried that.

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
My stats so far. Mostly putting points on attack...

fAgKn.jpg

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
Seems to play fine, but the sound is off.

Few sound bites from character, and sometimes the dialogue, when he's supposed to say something, just skips. I KNOW he's supposed to say something since the subtitles flash quickly, but the voice won't come.

Also during fights for me, the sound effects...kinda just disappear and I'm left with the character breathing afterwards.

Y'know this whole situation worries me about compatibility; ESPECIALLY with Apple's tendency to upgrade their fucking shit every year or so.

Will a game I buy now be able to work in 2 years time?! Is the Ipad and iOS like a console cycle, but more condensed?

Seriously, I feel bad for the Ipad 1 owners here...and I worry about what the fuck I'm going to do a year when the 3 or 2 years when the 4 comes out.

I hope Apple is taking all this into consideration.

edit: what I did play I GODDAMN LOVED! I think it's better than the first!

Since there's no Infinity Blade OT I figured you guys could help, Can anyone tell me how saving works? When I finished on my 4S I had fought 3 enemies but when I went to the iPad I was at the beginning of the 2nd fight.

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
Since there's no Infinity Blade OT I figured you guys could help, Can anyone tell me how saving works? When I finished on my 4S I had fought 3 enemies but when I went to the iPad I was at the beginning of the 2nd fight.

....This is the OT? Unless you mean first one? There is no iCloud on the first one

iCloud support on IB2 is screwed up and even resetting progress

ParityBit

Hi all,

So I just picked up IB2 and when I am in combat there is no sound outside of the normal music. i.e. no sfx. Is this a known issue? Or is there something I can do to fix it? My sfx slider in the options is up all the way.

Thanks!

EDIT: I killed the game and restarted the application and it works now.

So I think I finished it?
I beat the God King, freed the Worker, got betrayed by him and now I'm spending my sweet time in his prison with Raidriar. I saw Isa walk to the tower with a staff and then it restarted. Huh.

Thunderbear

Mawio Gawaxy iz da Wheeson hee pways games
No fix yet, still can't play the game. If this was any other high profile, platform exclusive title, there would be media coverage all over the place. iPad 1 user, don't have very many apps installed. Tried all the tricks (which I shouldn't even have to). 5.01. Very frustrating. Not even a word of apology from the developers? Usually I don't get upset but the developers aren't doing any damage control to make me feel like they care. So right now, 2 days after I bought the game and no word, I am started to get annoyed.

Imagine if this was Skyrim. Oh wait, a much smaller percentage of people were affected and there's been media coverage everywhere...

Chair -1.

GeekyDad

Ugh. Crashes. Lost save game. Boring anyways. Big letdown.

Deleted.

Not trying to be one of those annoying troll Gaffers, just curious. You say it's boring...did you play the first one? I would definitely be let down if the game kept crashing -- IB1 was pissing me off like crazy until I could stabilize it -- but I love the gameplay. Definitely repetitive, but this one seems to have a lot more going for it.

Zeth

So I'm on rebirth 11. I can't find the path to light the last corner of the triangle. I'm really loving the game. It would be nice if they could clean up the fast-forwarding to be more smooth. Gets pretty jerky even on iPad 2/4S.

They absolutely need to release an update that allows you to sell items you have one copy of. Money is now far more scarce than IB1 and I'm not even buying the best equipment, just starting at the bottom and working my way up. Shameless way of suggesting IAP for a game that costs $7. I'm hoping for an uproar in the reviews but I'm not seeing it.

Ipod Touch 3G 64GB still on 4.1, played a few hours and got no bug nor crash and it played smoothly 99.9% of the time. I don't have that many apps installed (max 20), I didn't reboot the device right before playing but it was the only app running.

I like the game better than the first, mainly because of the dual swords, they are awesome! I also like the potential bonuses from gems and the prize wheels are fun!
So yeah for now I think it's a really good game and worthy of my money.

While dual wielding, you can still equip a shield, even if you can't use it. I noticed you still get XP towards it, but do gem bonuses also count still?

So I'm on rebirth 11. I can't find the path to light the last corner of the triangle. I'm really loving the game. It would be nice if they could clean up the fast-forwarding to be more smooth. Gets pretty jerky even on iPad 2/4S.

They absolutely need to release an update that allows you to sell items you have one copy of. Money is now far more scarce than IB1 and I'm not even buying the best equipment, just starting at the bottom and working my way up. Shameless way of suggesting IAP for a game that costs $7. I'm hoping for an uproar in the reviews but I'm not seeing it.

Which bosses did you beat?

derFeef

Just bought it, it crashes after the Logo and I got to see a little bit of the intro. I am on iPad 1. Restarting, reinstalling, nothing works :/

Tunesmith

formerly "chigiri"
Keep getting black screens now, as in instead of a scene or fight loading the screen goes black with just music playing and the only UI is the pause button. Only way to get out of it is to terminate the game.

:/

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
iPad 1 and iPod Touch have issues because of memory or whatever, they stated it on the Epic forums. They didn't test the game on a device with a bunch of apps installed

GeekyDad

iPad 1 and iPod Touch have issues because of memory or whatever, they stated it on the Epic forums. They didn't test the game on a device with a bunch of apps installed

Which can likely attribute to the scores the game has received from reviewers. They probably played the game under similar conditions. Makes me wonder, though, if Rein is being completely forthcoming about the matter. It wouldn't surprise me if Epic recommended that reviewers clear their devices of all other apps while playing the game for review.

GDJustin

stuck my tongue deep inside Atlus' cookies
Which can likely attribute to the scores the game has received from reviewers. They probably played the game under similar conditions. Makes me wonder, though, if Rein is being completely forthcoming about the matter. It wouldn't surprise me if Epic recommended that reviewers clear their devices of all other apps while playing the game for review.

There was no communication from Epic/Chair regarding "recommended" review settings, including what device to play on. Both devices I played on were literally filled to the brim with apps, with one on iOS 5.01 and one on iOS 4.

Hopefully Chair will have a fix out soon. But it seems like the only fix will be to reduce the memory footprint, and I'm sure pre-launch the company crunched like crazy to optimize so... I don't envy their current task.

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
God this game is buggy. Do Super attack, stab the shit out of enemy with dual-wielding super, stay still like an idiot because I can't attack due to 'character freeze' bug. Well, I can dodge! But not attack. Wee.

This is like the 6th time this has happen now. I'd be pissed if I get to a boss and this happens

Oh, and my gem inventory is full, I guess that can happen. Time to sell!

Top Bottom