• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Infinity Blade |OT| Free Updates TF2 Style, First Update Next Week

neojubei

Will drop pants for Sony.
69393.jpg
ThVNe.jpg

Universal 'Infinity Blade' is out NOW

Updated the OP with reviews

Pocket Gamer - 9

Touch Arcade

IGN - 9

Infinity Blade iTunes Link

Silde to play - 4(must have)

Lonely1 said:
How big is the download?

318 MB

Requirements: Compatible with iPhone 3GS, iPhone 4, iPod touch (3rd generation), iPod touch (4th generation), and iPad. Requires iOS 3.2 or later

butsomuch said:

First Infinity Blade Update Coming

The update will include a higher level cap, more gear, and a new enemy called the Marrow Fiend. The Marrow Fiend is an orc-like monster with a sword and shield made of bones. We're hoping that this intimidating-looking sword and shield set are going to be among the five new swords, shields, helmets, and single new ring that will be arriving in the update as well.

Another, goofier update is the antler-like Holiday Helm, adding Infinity Blade to the long list of App Store games that throw in a little Christmas cheer this time every year.

Finally, Infinity Blade's level cap has been raised from 40 to 45, you can now purchase virtual gold with real-world money, and the game now supports playing your own music.

http://www.slidetoplay.com/story/first-infinity-blade-update-coming-tomorrow

dKrG0.jpg

wURAl.jpg

0gcND.jpg

woCbr.jpg

PgMSX.jpg

MNC

Consider me fucking amazed with these screenshots (Though bullshots? What's the native res for the iPad?)

is this a game proper or a sucky gladiatoresque game? I remember there being an awesome engine but nothing done with it.

Lonely1

Unconfirmed Member
MNC said:
Consider me fucking amazed with these screenshots (Though bullshots? What's the native res for the iPad?)

is this a game proper or a sucky gladiatoresque game? I remember there being an awesome engine but nothing done with it.

1024 × 768 is the iPad resolution.

Thunderbear

Mawio Gawaxy iz da Wheeson hee pways games
Want this game. IGN's coverage of this game has left me very excited! Especially for such a cheap game!

MNC said:
They are calling it an "action RPG".

itxaka said:
that looks too good to be real screens.
Lotta people saying this, but they already released the tech demo the game is based on, and that game runs perfectly smooth with awesome graphics.

bernardobri

Steve, the dog with no powers that we let hang out with us all for some reason
My iTouch 2g definitely won't run this at a decent framerate :lol

EDIT: Oh god, it won't run at all. :lol

... :(

Talon

itxaka said:
that looks too good to be real screens.
That's what I said until I ran Epic Castle (or whatever) on my iPhone 4. Granted, it's a tech demo with nothing but art assets, but it looked incredible.

mattiewheels

And then the LORD David Bowie saith to his Son, Jonny Depp: 'Go, and spread my image amongst the cosmos. For every living thing is in anguish and only the LIGHT shall give them reprieve.'
Thanks Nirolak, I'll put them in the OP

But it's the next post up... :lol

Is this like a brawler with swipe controls? I don't see gameplay details anywhere.

loosus

Banned
They're going to end up making me get a fucking iPad. I can feel it. :(

How do you control this game? Touch screen only, or can you tether a Bluetooth controller?

Skilletor

loosus said:
They're going to end up making me get a fucking iPad. I can feel it. :(

How do you control this game? Touch screen only, or can you tether a Bluetooth controller?

Can you do this with any iOS game?

mattiewheels

And then the LORD David Bowie saith to his Son, Jonny Depp: 'Go, and spread my image amongst the cosmos. For every living thing is in anguish and only the LIGHT shall give them reprieve.'
brain_stew said:
No dynamic shadows confirmed then.
:lol

Anyway, hope there's a trial version of this.

Plasma

Banned
Tobor said:
Cannot wait!

And supposedly their porting Shadow Complex next. :D

I wonder if they'll be porting this to the 360 for kinect, controls could work I guess, swiping motions.

Will be picking this up day one looks really cool.

neojubei

Tobor said:
Cannot wait!

And supposedly their porting Shadow Complex next. :D

Yup that is the rumors. I bet if Infinity Blade sells well, we might see Shadow Complex on the iOS.

God damn this looks AMAZING. So happy I'm hanging on to my 4G iPod. Even though I haven't used it since I got my Droid, I will be pulling it out to play this non-stop.

bernardobri said:
My iTouch 2g definitely won't run this at a decent framerate :lol

EDIT: Oh god, it won't run at all. :lol

... :(
Yeah, unlike Rage, this game takes advantage of the new GPU Apple put in the 3GS/third gen iPod Touch and above, and probably the extra RAM as well.

neojubei

Dreamwriter said:
Yeah, unlike Rage, this game takes advantage of the new GPU Apple put in the 3GS/third gen iPod Touch and above, and probably the extra RAM as well.

Probably not since it supports the iphone 3GS and iPad, both of which have 256MB of ram

edit: oh yeah the GPU forgot about that. The game might be better on the iphone 4 because of ram.

LCfiner

neojubei said:
Probably not since it supports the iphone 3GS and iPad, both of which have 256MB of ram

edit: oh yeah the GPU forgot about that. The game might be better on the 4th gen ipod touch and iphone 4 because of ram.

4th gen ipod touch has 256 MB of ram, not 512

Top Bottom