• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Injustice 2 |OT| Grodd's Among Us

Altairre

Im trying to land Harley Quinns combo consistantly but can't seem to hit the b3 in the string.

B22 db3 1 b3 u2 f13

Any tips on the timing?

You can do it earlier than you probably think, it's immediately after she finishes the cartwheel. I actually find that combo to be more lenient than some of the other b3 in the game (I have more trouble with Batman's after the 223).

What I have trouble with is ending the combo with playing doctor, I mess that motion up a lot. For that it's b22, db3, b3, j2, 2u3, dbf1 . I usually just get the gunshot when I want playing doctor. It does combo as well but it's not as much damage and I don't get the restand.

bubumiao

wow people losing their minds over the diamond events. I gotta give props to the devs they have created a well constructed skinner box for pve'ers. And there's no crafting system so people will be running their treadmill for months to come to complete their epic gear set collection. Bravo

I like loot too but I just want some items that look coo in ranked.

Also the multiverse events popup at random (as far as we can tell) so I can see pve'ers staying up all night long 24/7 for this LOL this is brilliant
Epic gear is nice for player matches because everyone wants their stats to go up as high as possible. How many abilities does each character have? Is there going to be more later?
Can someone tell me why my Ult lands sometimes and not others? It must have missed 10 times in a row while I was fighting in the Master Battle Simulator in the multiverse.
Maybe just whiffing/missing/blocked?

Razmos

wow people losing their minds over the diamond events. I gotta give props to the devs they have created a well constructed skinner box for pve'ers. And there's no crafting system so people will be running their treadmill for months to come to complete their epic gear set collection. Bravo

I like loot too but I just want some items that look coo in ranked.

Also the multiverse events popup at random (as far as we can tell) so I can see pve'ers staying up all night long 24/7 for this LOL this is brilliant
Jeez your attitude stinks. People can play the game however they want to.

patchday

Jeez your attitude stinks. People can play the game however they want to.

oh I have no problem with people grinding I just think it's kinda of funny to see all the anguish about the diamond events

(granted, folks probably just running their bots through it so they not really grinding)

bubumiao

oh I have no problem with people grinding I just think it's kinda of funny to see all the anguish about the diamond events

(granted, folks probably just running their bots through it so they not really grinding)
My AI did it, but it looked really easy. I could have handled it.

Kalentan

Ai Deadshot is some of the most BS stuff I've bore witness to

I do notice that some AI in this game are a lot harder than others at the same difficulty. Like Harley can be hard on Medium but then Ivy on Medium is super easy.

Robin on Medium can be super aggressive.

Drewfonse

It's a high so it's likely you are getting blocked. I like using it when they're in the air. Makes for a good juggle ender. You can also control how far she leaps, which helps depending on distance.

Ah, ok. How do you affect the distance?

Most of the time I jump over their head lol. Talk about deflating.

patchday

Epic gear is nice for player matches because everyone wants their stats to go up as high as possible. How many abilities does each character have? Is there going to be more later?

ya I go to ranked because there's bound to be someone with better stats plus its nice I can just pick the best looking items and not stress bout the stats. * Although I still do 1 unranked match before going ranked to make sure everything is all good 1st

But answer to your question I wish I knew. I am somehow missing 'staff of grayson' for my robin even tho he has like 3 skills or more unlocked. I am magically missing the only ability I wanted

All that said I dont use Robin in pvp. So far only Wonder woman

edit- btw my Robin not L20 yet so maybe that skill unlocks when he gets there

I do notice that some AI in this game are a lot harder than others at the same difficulty. Like Harley can be hard on Medium but then Ivy on Medium is super easy.

Robin on Medium can be super aggressive.
I'm pretty sure it's due to how they handle their AI. I'm guessing that for the sake of development costs, the AI that you fight in game runs off of the same system that the player uses to set up their own AI. I'm thinking that lower difficulties have lower points put into it in general, possibly randomly assigned points (with a skew towards a characters skill set). The problem being that sometimes they'll end up with full rushdown or combo stats (or zoning for chars like Deadshot) which leads to difficult situations for newer players who don't know how to combat those strategies. Combined with AI input reading its a huge pain.

Hex

Banned
I wish this game had some kind of online content.
Somewhere you could sign in and see your parts and pick ups and your battle card would be great.

bubumiao

I'm terrible with every character except Green Arrow. I need to watch some tutorial videos.
Go into practice mode and start banging out combos. Just messing around in there helps you learn a lot. Pin the combos to the screen with triangle or the Y (Xbox one) button.

patchday

Go into practice mode and start banging out combos. Just messing around in there helps you learn a lot. Pin the combos to the screen with triangle or the Y (Xbox one) button.

yeah I'm doing this with Robin right now. Granted I'm in versus mode rather than practice so I can earn xp. Want to get him to 20 only cause I want to try him out with a staff

so my point is this is solid advice. you'll see streamers do this all the time

Razmos

DA7_2YgXsAI8ew8
I like diamond boxes.

bubumiao

yeah I'm doing this with Robin right now. Granted I'm in versus mode rather than practice so I can earn xp. Want to get him to 20 only cause I want to try him out with a staff

so my point is this is solid advice. you'll see streamers do this all the time
Your method is actually a better idea since you'll earn XP too. I should be doing this, just too lazy to bother grabbing another controller. Maybe tonight.

Hasney

Adapt.

I know it's hard, but that's just how it rolls, eitherway Deadshot is getting nerfed in the next patch for sure.

By the way, why the hell is there so much chip damage in this game?

I'm going to see if I can re-roll a 4000+ ability Deadshot with x% extra block damage and see what messages I get online.

sinkfla87

Nerf his upclose pressure, and slightly reduce the chip or the pushback on his meterburn rifle.

Then he's fine.

I agree with this. FK had that match. He dropped a few combos and at the end he should have rolled with the bats en route and he could have taken that last fight.

Edit: FWIW, I don't think SonicFox will win this tournament.

DR2K

Banned
Adapt.

I know it's hard, but that's just how it rolls, eitherway Deadshot is getting nerfed in the next patch for sure.

By the way, why the hell is there so much chip damage in this game?

Same reason there are so many overheads. They don't want to encourage blocking as to go to defense in their games.

This match is hype! I don't get when people say NRS games aren't fun to watch. Literally jumping out of my chair right now.

edit: Tekken Master's spacing is ridiculous.

sinkfla87

This match is hype! I don't get when people say NRS games aren't fun to watch. Literally jumping out of my chair right now.

Tell me about it. I'm having more fun watching this than I have any other fg as of late. I really want noobe to win, despite liking TM as well.

What a set! Was so nervous Tekken Master wasn't going to pull out a victory after such an uphill comeback.

I'm not super familiar with the pro scene, but does Noobe normally buckle under pressure like that?

Definitely. A push block would have done wonders at the end there. What's funny is I can identify the factors of defeat in a match but I can't actually take my own advice in my matches for shit lol.
Haha, I can relate to that. Watching my buddies play, I'm yelling advice out, but when I start playing I do all the same shit they're doing.

sinkfla87

Haha, I can relate to that. Watching my buddies play, I'm yelling advice out, but when I start playing I do all the same shit they're doing.

Hahaha, hell I make even worse decisions! If I watched myself on stream at a tournament, I'd be breaking the TV.

Come on DJT! And everyone don't forget to root for Compbros!

kobu

That was a good set. Noobe should not have tried to extend that combo and by messing it up he put himself in the corner.

Top Bottom