• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Injustice 2 |OT| Grodd's Among Us

ZeroX03

Banned
Are Diamond boxes that important anyway, though? Like...sure, Platinum boxes get you 1-3 epics, from my experience, and I assume Diamond are slightly better than that (I have 12 I have to open), but...considering you can get specific and random epics from Multiverse completion and random epics pop up pretty frequently in Bronze through Gold motherboxes anyway, it's just like a slightly quicker way to farm epics? Or am I missing something about what Diamond boxes contain?

Edit: that said, schedules for the biggest reward multiverses seem like a good idea for community happiness, for sure, so not trying to take away from that complaint.

2-5 epics, usually 3 or 4. Having had 21 diamond boxes in the past day, that's a lot of epics. It's not like they hand out platinums that often either, that many epics that quickly isn't easily done. No multiverse event is handing out more than like five epics for full completion, and those are character sets. I got 30 epics from 11 fights.

Doesn't help that gold boxes are worthlessly expensive. Go bronze en masse, and win the highest level boxes you can.

bubumiao

Anyone know whether having you're main set for gear drop priority affects gear inside of mother boxes or just post battle gear drops?

ZeroX03

Banned
Anyone know whether having you're main set for gear drop priority affects gear inside of mother boxes or just post battle gear drops?

I believe it's just post battle. God knows motherbox drops are so weird it's hard to glean any patterns.

Also I've got a couple hundred epics at this point and just realized I still don't have more than two of any special gear set pieces. That's insane.

Chamber

love on your sleeve
I believe it's just post battle. God knows motherbox drops are so weird it's hard to glean any patterns.

Mother Boxes almost seem weighted to give you gear for characters you DON'T use. God knows I'm getting a Swamp Thing/Firestorm/Catwoman epic from every damn box I open.

bubumiao

Mother Boxes almost seem weighted to give you gear for characters you DON'T use. God knows I'm getting a Swamp Thing/Firestorm/Catwoman epic from every damn box I open.

Also I've got a couple hundred epics at this point and just realized I still don't have more than two of any special gear set pieces. That's insane.
I see. I have mine set to give my main priority, but I wonder if turning that off would be better.

Hex

Banned
I'm not sure what MMOs "making everybody even" has to do with this. This isn't a matter of skill, its a matter of time. You aren't getting those boxes because you are a better player, you're getting those boxes because you just happen to be on at the right time. Having them scheduled wouldn't take away anything from the event and it would benefit all of us.

The problem is, there is no benefit of us all.
If they start scheduling them straight out, there will still be people who can not get on whether it is because they are at work, or they are on the other side of the world.
Then you get the complaints about how they are scheduling them.
Why is it so hard to see them as a nice bonus or a happy surprise and instead they have to be some kind of "I deserve this" thing?

I see. I have mine set to prioritize for my main, but I wonder if turning that off would be better.

You can adjust drop chance?

ZeroX03

Banned
I see. I have mine set to prioritize for my main, but I wonder if turning that off would be better.

Keep it on, unless you want random gear post battle instead of for your main. Occasionally you'll get a useful piece of gear.

If they start scheduling them straight out, there will still be people who can not get on whether it is because they are at work, or they are on the other side of the world.
Why is it so hard to see them as a nice bonus or a happy surprise and instead they have to be some kind of "I deserve this" thing?

One hour glitchy events aren't a nice bonus.

Many multiverse events last for a reasonable enough time for everyone to access them. One to three days is more than enough. The Wonder Woman one will be live for two weeks. Defending super time limited, randomly dropped events is dumb. They want people to be able to access this content. There's a reason the three hour multiverse is always garbage. Literally nobody is complaining about the events that are scheduled with a decent window to play.

hamchan

I'm in a weird place with this game.

I'm barely playing the single player anymore because I let my AI do everything for me. I go off and do laundry or watch TV and then press X once in a while and my numbers go up. This game is now like a clicker for me, except with less interaction.

bubumiao

You can adjust drop chance?
I was happy to get home from work last night and find out there was another diamond box multiverse. It seems like the way they're doing it is okay right now. Of course I'm sure I'll miss some, but I think they'll give more than just one opportunity for certain stuff, at least I hope so.

Yeah, it's in game settings.

bubumiao

I'm in a weird place with this game.

I'm barely playing the single player anymore because I let my AI do everything for me. I go off and do laundry or watch TV and then press X once in a while and my numbers go up. This game is now like a clicker for me, except with less interaction.
I don't think they intended for people to do the turbo controller thing though.

Hex

Banned
I was happy to get home from work last night and find out there was another diamond box multiverse. It seems like the way they're doing it is okay right now. Of course I'm sure I'll miss some, but I think they'll give more than just one opportunity for certain stuff, at least I hope so.

Yeah, it's in game settings.

Appreciate the heads up.
I think Superman and ATROCITUS who I will never play has acquired enough items lol.

I have been lucky enough to catch a couple of the diamond events, I have missed a couple also due to work or whatever.
I do not mind because I am excited when I see them and it keeps the game fresh.

bubumiao

Hopefully we get a QoL patch for mother boxes because I just spent the last hour opening 150 silver boxes instead of playing the game.
And probably an, "Are you sure?" Prompt before allowing you to leave your guild. A lot of people seem to have left guilds by accident because of opening mother boxes.

NetherRealm, hire me. I'm full of ideas :D

2-5 epics, usually 3 or 4. Having had 21 diamond boxes in the past day, that's a lot of epics. It's not like they hand out platinums that often either, that many epics that quickly isn't easily done. No multiverse event is handing out more than like five epics for full completion, and those are character sets. I got 30 epics from 11 fights.

Doesn't help that gold boxes are worthlessly expensive. Go bronze en masse, and win the highest level boxes you can.
Based on how this Platinum event has gone-seems like everytime I login there's a new one to be completed (I'm on my 3rd!), I'm actually okay with the generic "this weekend" scheduling.

Spinky

I love playing cheetah but I feel like she sucks. I also miss Injustice 1 Wonder Woman because she feels like half a character in this game.
Cheetah is (apparently) super good. She definitely feels it from what little I've played.

Zetta

Holy shit this damn Cat Call ability won't drop :( . I must have opened well over 1000 bronze boxes alone and still nothing, has anyone gotten this ability?

People's opinions on cheetah seem all over the place.

Playing around with Atrocitous more and he just seems weak overall, atleast in damage potential. Even with the life drain up (which really shouldn't break on damage), he damage pales in comparison to other characters I've played. Looks cool as fuck though.

Bizazedo

Is there a way to buy more than one mother box at a time? Closing in on a million coins and thinking I should use some.

Also, is there a way to see the endings you've gotten already?

erawsd

Anyone who wants to participate in the event should be able to, and I think that NRS should make that as accommodating as they can. Why not? If they start scheduling them, what will happen is that people will look at the schedule and figure out exactly which ones they can or can't participate in -- that is beneficial to everyone, even if you are someone that has obligations at work or elsewhere.

vg260

The other day I was opening loot boxes on this game on my PS4, while opening loot boxes on Overwatch on PC at the exact same time. This is my life.

SWEET, SWEET L00T.

This truly is the worst era of gaming.

I hate opening loot. At least one box at a time. And why do I have to hold down a button? So frustrating. I just want to know what I've got without hesitation.

It's obviously to build up suspense and get people excited about opening them, but I find the whole thing inane in practice. Just a waste of everyone's time.

People's opinions on cheetah seem all over the place.

Playing around with Atrocitous more and he just seems weak overall, atleast in damage potential. Even with the life drain up (which really shouldn't break on damage), he damage pales in comparison to other characters I've played. Looks cool as fuck though.
I *think* Pig Of The Hut placed 17th at Combo Breaker with him (he was playing Atrocitus when I saw him), so maybe check out his streams/videos for some strategy and looks at ways to do some decent damage?

bubumiao

Lovely.

In that case, if one of the others have a few available spots, I'd appreciate an ID.
As of last night there was 1 spot available in House of Ls 3. ID: 1TPS1 mention your GAF name when applying.
Is there a way to buy more than one mother box at a time? Closing in on a million coins and thinking I should use some.

Also, is there a way to see the endings you've gotten already?
Go to customize character screen and use L1/R1 (I think) to find a screen where you can view their endings (I think someone said you need to press square too).

On the lost in the dark multiverse it said I earned the performance awards for two missions but they never showed up. Anyone have this problem?
I did get the objective bonuses.

Chamber

love on your sleeve
On the lost in the dark multiverse it said I earned the performance awards for two missions but they never showed up. Anyone have this problem?
I did get the objective bonuses.

Yeah, just happened to me. I didn't get the Bronze and Silver boxes I was supposed to.

EDIT - Now they just showed up after restarting the game.

Hex

Banned
Anyone who wants to participate in the event should be able to, and I think that NRS should make that as accommodating as they can. Why not? If they start scheduling them, what will happen is that people will look at the schedule and figure out exactly which ones they can or can't participate in -- that is beneficial to everyone, even if you are someone that has obligations at work or elsewhere.

To a part I agree with you.
But the point of things like that is to keep people signed in, keep people on the game so that they can be on when these things happen.
It is marketing.
If they always say exactly when they will be up, and have them up at the same times then people will be able to sign on , have their bots do the fights, and sign off and go do something else.
User played statistic of maybe five minutes?
SO while I can see on one side, as a business model especially with T7 breathing down their necks they want people logged in and playing so when people ask "Hey how active is it" they will be able to say "very active"

Reszo

Finally got into a platinum mother box multiverse, glad I decided to check, get three diamond boxes too for completing it

patchday

wow people losing their minds over the diamond events. I gotta give props to the devs they have created a well constructed skinner box for pve'ers. And there's no crafting system so people will be running their treadmill for months to come to complete their epic gear set collection. Bravo

I like loot too but I just want some items that look coo in ranked.

Also the multiverse events popup at random (as far as we can tell) so I can see pve'ers staying up all night long 24/7 for this LOL this is brilliant

Drewfonse

Can someone tell me why my Ult lands sometimes and not others? It must have missed 10 times in a row while I was fighting in the Master Battle Simulator in the multiverse.

Top Bottom