• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Injustice 2 |OT| Grodd's Among Us

sinkfla87

I'm enjoying Dragon's showcase of Poison Ivy.

Is it just me or does it seem like Green Lantern's moveset is lacking?

GL's moveset is extremely simplified from I1. He didn't even use his lantern bombs though, wtf. I don't know why he chose Blue Beetle. I feel like DJT stopped giving a fuck there lol.

Come on comp!!!!

sinkfla87

It's okay, Comp. You're not out yet! Run that shit back! Is Superman's F2, D1 unsafe on block?

Edit: people have been complaining about deadshot but honestly Aquaman needs a nerf. All that chip damage for 1 is fucking dumb and is the same problem he had in 1.

In the right hands, all these characters have the ability to be scary. People are still figuring out everyone with this only being 12 days in. I expect some real dark horses in the future.

Drewfonse

Someone school me on meter burn. I have no idea how to use it. You use it to amplify the effect of a combo? I guess it would help if I knew what actually constituted a combo for Catwoman.

Stick users, what button layout are you using? I've been using preset 2 for a couple of days now and I'm not sure if I'll stick with it. At the very least I think I might swap Interact with Flip Stance to make it a 6 button config.

sinkfla87

Someone school me on meter burn. I have no idea how to use it. You use it to amplify the effect of a combo? I guess it would help if I knew what actually constituted a combo for Catwoman.

It's basically like EX moves in SF but the timing of the MB input is always after the standard command, with timing differentiating between moves. It also grants armor for B3 and F3 ground/wall bounces.

Depends on the combo. Some are restands, some are knockdown, it all depends. Go to practice with Catwoman and look at her novelist. Combos with meter burn will have the trigger icon under them.

patchday

one thing I hate bout this tournament it is difficult to tell who is who. Like how do you know which guy was Slayer and which guy was Compbros? Is the dude sitting to the left also the player in the game to the left?

the announcers do an awful job of announcing the players sometimes

BlizzKrut

Banned
I didn't really follow the scene for IGAU, how's the start compared to I2? Just now I saw 23k on the main stream on Twitch, this is pre-Top 8.

bubumiao

Do tutorial ASAP.
Stick users, what button layout are you using? I've been using preset 2 for a couple of days now and I'm not sure if I'll stick with it. At the very least I think I might swap Interact with Flip Stance to make it a 6 button config.

I think that's what mine is. Playing on pad usually though.
P=trait/character power
I=interactable

12MB
3PI

one thing I hate bout this tournament it is difficult to tell who is who. Like how do you know which guy was Slayer and which guy was Compbros? Is the dude sitting to the left also the player in the game to the left?

the announcers do an awful job of announcing the players sometimes

They sit like normal. So stage right is the player on the right and so on. What side of the screen do you sit on if you're player 1/2? There is your answer :p

I didn't really follow the scene for IGAU, how's the start compared to I2? Just now I saw 23k on the main stream on Twitch, this is pre-Top 8.

Remains to be seen. NRS games start strong and lose steam HARD.

lol, Aquaman and Ivy are not at all on the same level.

In the right hands, those two characters are dangerous as hell. They both have really similar habilities and can spam the shit out of you. In the last few matches I've seen some really cool, cool shit.

edit: holy moly, Comp with Canary its so fun to watch!

I use
1 2 MB
3 T Stance

I use button shortcuts so I just press 1+2 for interact

Urgh, I'm too tired. Don't think I can keep my eyes open until the trailer. Wanted to se Compbros and it and then make a thread but I don't think I can.

Whoever ends up making it, might be a good idea to have Red Hood's bio in the OP:
“CAN'T FIGHT CRIME WITHOUT CRACKING A FEW SKULLS.”

Jason Todd once served as Batman’s second protégé "Robin" before being brutally murdered by The Joker. Years later, the powerful healing waters of the Lazarus Pit brought Jason Todd back to life. However the power of the pit comes at a cost, and a change takes hold in Jason. He now uses the mantle of the Red Hood to wage a lethal war on crime.

Roussow

Alright! Beat that story, went back and wrapped up the the chapters with two optional fighters, spent a few hours in the multiverse.

Having a pretty great time here considering I've never spent more than like 3 hours with a fighting game in the past, I've been pretty scared off by them to the point that I wouldn't want to buy one, suck at it, and then bail. But I'm sticking with this one hopefully, I feel like I'm over the initial learning curve.

Spending most of my time (outside of the story) with Supergirl and Harley Quinn. I've got a decent handle on Batman and Superman, too, probably just because I spent a decent amount of time with them in the story. I ended up checking out Poision Ivy for a multiverse challenge, fuck me, she's weird. I love everything about her aesthetically, but boy is she weird to play, that one special where you're planted like a turret -- I couldn't even work out how to cancel out of it. Loved the look of Black Canary too, but most of her play seems to be about counters and such, I don't have the timing down well enough to play that sort of character,

Any characters I should be playing as a real beginner-ass-beginner to properly learn the ropes? I feel like I'm probably missing some basic ass fundamentals here, at least this time I'm using the d-pad (that's correct right? I used the stick once and I feel like that's a bit of a faux pas). Give me the most basic of tips imaginable, too. I'm to going to feel patronized.

Seijuro

Why are people expecting "just" a Red Hood trailer soon? Are they releasing the DLC fighters one at a time and not the whole fighter pack simultaneously?

Top Bottom