• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Injustice 2 |OT| Grodd's Among Us

Ravelle

Holy shit, Hellboy! This means characters from now on can be pretty much anyone if we're grabbing outside the DC/MK bucket.

Not too excited about Raiden, he's the least interesting of MK.

This is a point to consider though. No way are these 9 the only DLC characters, we might get a similar amount of characters next year too, and who knows what could happen. Spawn might actually show up there!
Goku and Geese in Pack 5 then?
Geese needs to show up in every fighting game now. MvC:I, SFV, Smash, DBFZ, MKXI, IJ2, KoF new Fighter Layer

vg260

If Spawn is in, a likely spot at this point for him would be last to give it a final jolt when the DLC is finishing up. It's quite probable that bottom right silhouette on the select screen is him.

Probably a female DC character, Atom, and last big guest (Spawn or Rorscach)

I'm not really convinced we're gonna see any more after these nine. When these nine wrap up, that's getting to NR current game support wrap-up time too.

delSai

If they do a second season (which they should and probably will do), they should add one returning character from I1 for each pack.

BRING BACK SHAZAM FFS

For the ones who read the comic, we've a new superhero now:
Just like in the BC arcade ending Connor Lance-Queen has sonic powers like his mother. Harley calls him Green Canary after he smashes Fake!Batman(who sounds more and more like Jason...)into a wall with his cry to protect Wildcat

ZeroX03

Banned
Raiden sucks but Sub Zero ended up being a lot more fun than Red Hood at least.

Black Manta is dope as fuck. Hellboy is a pretty inspired comic book guest pick.

Compbros

Boon said Jason, Alien, and Predator sold the best, but he didn't specify the order.

I've seen people with just Tanya and Jason just like I've seen people with just MMH and Scorpion from IGAU. Some people really do pick and choose and just got for guest (s) and characters they like. Casuals eat guest characters up though.

calliakitten

Neo Member
I mean, I can't say I'm not disappointed that Raiden was actually a character, but whatever.

That Hellboy reveal was really cool though. I wasn't expecting him at all.

Hopefully they're saving the best for last and the final pack will blow us away.

plzgivemebeastboy

Keym

Atom, Enchantress and Rorschach would be my call for the last DLC. It'd make sense with the Watchmen/DC event at the end of the year.

clockpunk

If the comics are being ignored completely (Black Manta), then I really hope Golden Glider makes the final cut. Could be a really fun moveset. (But I guess the last female character would be Enchantress, given the Suicide Squad link...)

Ryce

Based on the character select screen, I'm guessing the remaining DLC characters will release in this order:

September - Black Manta
October - Raiden (Mortal Kombat 25th anniversary)
November - Hellboy
December - Atom
January - Enchantress
February - Rorschach

I was thinking of getting Marvel VS Capcom Infinite but Marvel is so petty they won't let X Men in the game because Fox owns the rights to their movies. And here DC is fucking adding characters from different movie franchises mixing it up with all their biggest and brightest characters.

Ryce

From the other thread:

Ab1G6WF.jpg

patchday

Historically to my knowledge from IJ1 & MKX, NRS moves on due to their 2 yr release cycles. I do not expect future dlc after they have completed the 9.

I think voice work must be a big pain. Perhaps they even recorded all the voices upfront. Sometimes it's hard to get actors back I am guessing

All of this is totally out of my rear so it is only worth one penny

If they're tying with MKX I'm interested in crazy god Raiden's dialogue and maybe increased brutality. It also makes sense they have to pepper something in they have rights to when doing something like Hellboy.

Also, hell yes at the Hellboy reveal!

patchday

Gotcha

I still suspect NRS will move on though. The casuals gotta be getting bored with the multiverses. I looked at my guildmates in House of XL and vast majority barely touch online (and barely logon if at all- its hard to tell as a regular member). I am not sure if DLCs will bring them back.

Maybe if only they released these fighters in a bundle together along with gear updates & online improvements. Like REV2 Upgrade did for GG Xrd but without partitioning the community

It doesn't feel like they bothered to record much dialogue for the DLCs anyway they just kinda babble incoherently 90% of the time but that might be because of the strike.

Compbros

The base characters only use generic dialogue against the DLC characters. You won't hear Batman say "Red Hood," for example.

I think some people will say some DLC specific dialogue. NRS seems to record some lines for potential DLC and have them ready if the DLC is used. Zod had specific ones with his name said and I think Barbara did as well. Zatanna got it the worst though, pure generic nonsense shoe-horned in.

CaptNink

Alright Hellboy! I was hoping for Spawn, but Hellboy will do.

So glad I got the Ultimate Edition! Can't wait to see these fighters in action.

Khezu

Raiden looks like he is currently working at a male strip club to put himself through college.

He is my most hyped character though, from a gameplay perspective.

Hellboy is cool and all, but he's probably going to be boring.

Manta is well Manta.

tim1138

Why would Ron Perlman voice Hellboy? He hasn't done any kind of work with the character for almost 10 years. If they wanted to match it up for the movies it'd make more sense for it to be David Harbour, since he's the current Hellboy.

Top Bottom