• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Injustice 2 |OT| Grodd's Among Us

I think the thing that's not working for me is how combo intensive the game is. Individual hits do very little damage, so I find I'm being forced to go for fairly elaborate combos if I want to get anywhere

I've asked this a couple of times, but I haven't seen an answer; have there been issues reported with achievements and/or trophies not unlocking?

The trophy for winning ten ranked matches remains locked for me, despite having won ten at this point. The relevant Hero Card background and icon unlocked, just not the trophy. I'm at work, so I'm unable to try ranked again to see if maybe the in-game counter is off.

Bubba77

sorry if been posted. Anyone know which controller config is best for us joystick users? I have a sf5 madcatz stick and the default controls are terrible and much better for dualshock users.

Quick reminder that Xbox, being the redheaded stepchild, still has openings for the guild. I'm off work in 4 hours so I'll go on an acceptance spree. Jist be sure to send me a GAF PM.

What is the fastest way to hit level 5? Story mode?

I hit Profile Level 5 after finishing the Multiverse mode tutorials. There are only three and they are extremely easy to complete. Just make sure to use your Special Move in every battle where possible and try to use the environment to your advantage for additional EXP bonuses.

Pre-ordered this from amazon (ultimate edition) but can't select Darkseid or Braniac. Didn't get any pre-oreder codes.

Anyone else?

I believe there have been a few posts regarding similar problems. Best contact Amazon Customer Support, if you haven't already done so. I'm sure they can supply you with the codes for Darkseid and the shaders, etc.

Brainiac is unlocked after beating Story mode. You won't be able to select him before then.

Khezu

Further confirmation
49HoJ4X.jpg

Slaythe

I really wish they had something else for player matches and having to activate competitive mode.

I feel like most players don't even know and they get crushed by my more powerful character, or some actively refuse to use it and I have no interest playing with uneven gear characters D: .

Maybe I missed something ?

So apparently your AI team can get you the character specific trophies. Just finished a match where my AI Ivy won and got her Deadly Nightshade trophy.

wamberz1

Some casual impressions of some of the characters I've been maining online so far -

Swamp Thing

- Special moves are all insane, he feels like a boss character

- Normals have uuuge range, back 2 is godly for approaching and starting combos

- His lariat (down back 2 I believe) special is fantastic for dealing with pesky teleporters ala supergirl/darksied

- His hit-you-from-behind special is just..... phenomenal. If the opponent know to look for it they can deal with it but at the very least it helps deal with zoners who do nothing but spam, especially with the meter burn version.

- Trait is cool but the fact that basically doing anything/getting hit cancels it I don't find much uses

- Only weakness so far seems to be slow startup on normals and being susceptible to hard rushdown...

Grodd

- Nice rushdown game

- wish trait didn't burn during grapples and between rounds because he relies on it heavily, but whatever

- 2, 2 is a good approach/combo starter

- Some of his grapple combos feel totally unnecessary

- I'm having a lot of trouble getting his combo grabs to come out online for some reason. I'll go into practise and they come out just fine but then where it matters I'll hit it perfectly/mash and nothing happens. Can't tell if it's an input issue or just the game.

Karak

Some casual impressions of some of the characters I've been maining online so far -

Swamp Thing

- His lariat (down back 2 I believe) special is fantastic for dealing with pesky teleporters ala supergirl/darksied

- His hit-you-from-behind special is just..... phenomenal. If the opponent know to look for it they can deal with it but at the very least it helps deal with zoners who do nothing but spam, especially with the meter burn version.

- Trait is cool but the fact that basically doing anything/getting hit cancels it I don't find much uses

- Only weakness so far seems to be slow startup on normals and being susceptible to hard rushdown...

Grodd

-

Love him but the "only weakness" can be exploited by most other characters. He will get a nerf I suppose but still have seen it countless times

Swamp Thing

Grodd

-

I haven't tried Swamp Thing yet, but he sounds great based on these impressions alone. I'll give him a go once I complete Story mode.

wamberz1

Love him but the "only weakness" can be exploited by most other characters. He will get a nerf I suppose but still have seen it countless times
Getting stuffed is definitely where I've been having the most trouble. Been reliant on the lariat cause it has decent speed, but when I run into people who give me no time I've been getting destroyed.

How's this for someone who:
- hasn't played a fighting game since 2011's Mortal Kombat and nothing before that since Tekken 4 on PS2
- is mainly interested in single player/offline content
- has zero experience fighting online, but might want to give it a try if it's newbie friendly
- didn't play Injustice 1

RedHill

Banned
End of story spoilers
Liked the story, found the ending to be lackluster. Also, as most people I picked Batman first, so the last ending I saw was the Superman one, leaving me a bit soured. I wonder where Injustice 3 will go.

Karak

Getting stuffed is definitely where I've been having the most trouble. Been reliant on the lariat cause it has decent speed, but when I run into people who give me no time I've been getting destroyed.

Yep. It also leaves you open for their own stuff. But admittedly its a different kind of overall weakness than most expect probably. BUT strangely enough I feel like its a cool idea

- hasn't played a fighting game since 2011's Mortal Kombat and nothing before that since Tekken 4 on PS2 -
- is mainly interested in single player/offline content -
- has zero experience fighting online, but might want to give it a try if it's newbie friendly -

my answers
Its a fighting game and not magical. If you havent played since 2011 then...
Next answer its got a metric shitton of unlockables
Prepare to get smoked when you jump online. We all have that for a bit
Not playing Injustice isn't horrid but you might want to watch the crib note videos

Vic_Viper

Since both Guilds on PS4 are full and there is no third one yet i created one.

Name: GAFs House of Ls 3

ID: 1TPS1

Send a request to the ID ingame with addition of your GAF username and PM me here on GAF.

Just applied for the Guild on PS4! Sending PM now also.

- hasn't played a fighting game since 2011's Mortal Kombat and nothing before that since Tekken 4 on PS2
- is mainly interested in single player/offline content
- has zero experience fighting online, but might want to give it a try if it's newbie friendly

This is a great game for a relative newcomer to the fighting genre. You can enjoy the game without even opening the Online menu.

Injustice 2 has a wealth of single player content, including a cinematic Story mode, Multiverse (an ever changing collection of challenges that have their own objectives, fight conditions and rewards, that are updated in real time), Arcade and Survival modes. The addition of Guilds also grant access to further online-based PVE challenges and events. These have their own rewards.

There are adequate training modes and tutorials. Each character has their own tutorial that helps you learn to execute their special moves. These will help prepare you for the Online modes.

The addition of gear and character customisation gives you something visual to work towards, or unlock, whether it be a new shader, or a Premier Skin. You are rewarded with gear every couple of matches, regardless of whether you win or lose.

The story might be lost on you because you didn't play the first game, but it's still engaging and worth experiencing.

As I'm playing the story, I just need to say two more things.

1. Can I punch Damian Wayne in the face in real life?

2. Guess I can't really punch Wonder Woman but can I give her the "I'm deeply disappointed in you" look?

double jump

you haven't lived until a random little kid ask you "how do you make love".
I've asked this a couple of times, but I haven't seen an answer; have there been issues reported with achievements and/or trophies not unlocking?

The trophy for winning ten ranked matches remains locked for me, despite having won ten at this point. The relevant Hero Card background and icon unlocked, just not the trophy. I'm at work, so I'm unable to try ranked again to see if maybe the in-game counter is off.

Did you win ten in a row ? Thats usually how it works.
Oh if you got the card then it must be glitch.
Might wanna report that on Twitter or the nrs forums.

Reszo

So I'm loving blue beetle and having such a fun time with him. But my other favorite black Adam; I'm having a bit of trouble trying to figure out how to play with him.

Is he supposed to be a zoner or rush down? Guess I'm not sure what I'm suppose to be doing with him.

I'm losing a lot with black Adam as opposed to when I use blue beetle

double jump

you haven't lived until a random little kid ask you "how do you make love".
Wasn't ​there a comic that was supposed to come with the Amazon version ? I hope they didn't mean that crap that came inside the tin.

Did you win ten in a row ? Thats usually how it works.
Oh if you got the card then it must be glitch.
Might wanna report that on Twitter or the nrs forums.

Based on the current description, you only need ten ranked matches to unlock it. Given there have been similar trophies in MKX and INJ1 that required ten wins in a row, it's possible the description is wrong.

Having gear that gives 300-400exp per match for not jumping seems extremely overpowered. but i'm not complaining since it's cutting my leveling time almost in half.

Top Bottom