• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Injustice 2 |OT| Grodd's Among Us

So glad we have this excellent DC fighting game with a huge variety of diverse characters who each have their own strengths and weaknesses only for everyone to play fucking batman or Harley Quinn.

Superman, Batman and Harley Quinn are like the Ryu, Ken and Chun-Li of the series.

Of course most people are going to be playing them.
Argh...there's so much instant high/low crap that it gets frustrating. Especially online. I don't know how anyone could take this game seriously on a competitive level
Part of it is character familiarity (Some characters have no low strings, so you can always block their strings standing or vice versa) and part of it is recognizing the strings and what followups are possible (Not every string leads into a high/low).

Also the online is pretty damn good, definitely better than SFV.

JJShadow

I think I'm spending far more time opening loot boxes than anything else in this game lol Every time I get into the Guild I get like 5-10 new boxes

I'm having trouble figuring out Swamp Thing's character power. I just can't manage to trap an enemy with it...

I think I'm spending far more time opening loot boxes than anything else in this game lol Every time I get into the Guild I get like 5-10 new boxes

Lol, I wish it was possible to open them all at once, it takes me far too long.

Marvel

could never
Likewise, lol.

I'm also approaching Destiny levels of time spent messing with my fashion in the customization screen.

OK so Wonder Woman [story spoilers]
has to be the main villain in IJ3 right? Cause I don't think there's any other explanation as to why she's such a cold-hearted bitch in this one.

OK so [story spoilers]
Wonder Woman has to be the main villain in IJ3 right? Cause I don't think there's any other explanation as to why she's such a cold-hearted bitch in this one.

Nah, I bet
she'll just be a side character once again. It seems like they just don't know what to do with her.
But maybe if people complain loudly enough, Netherrealm will try to course correct. When you think about it, she's the character they have butchered the most ever since MK vs DC.

Part of it is character familiarity (Some characters have no low strings, so you can always block their strings standing or vice versa) and part of it is recognizing the strings and what followups are possible (Not every string leads into a high/low).

Oh, that's definitely a big part. The worst is eating a super because I have no idea what it does >_<

I'm still not convinced of the online. I still notice a lot of delay. People keep saying SF5 netcode is garbage, but outside of matches here and there, it's almost like playing offline to me. Granted, I don't play very often, so may just be anecdotal

Xeteh

So glad we have this excellent DC fighting game with a huge variety of diverse characters who each have their own strengths and weaknesses only for everyone to play fucking batman or Harley Quinn.

I played Harley in the first game when absolutely no one did. I DON'T WANT TO HEAR IT.

FHIZ

There's currently a spot in PS4 House of Ls 2 (ID: E8WS5)

Note, I can't approve or anything, just pointing it out.

Khezu

I played Harley in the first game when absolutely no one did. I DON'T WANT TO HEAR IT.

So did I, but skipping this one because of her increased popularity.
Figured everyone was going to play her.

I basically abandoned everyone I played in I1 for Supergirl and Robin.
Potentially Red Hood if he doesn't suck.

Marvel

could never
This game is ludicously pretty, I'd like to know how much lag HDR adds though. Switch it off everytime I go online but always reluctantly.

wamberz1

Superman, Batman and Harley Quinn are like the Ryu, Ken and Chun-Li of the series.

Of course most people are going to be playing them.
Surprisingly I haven't seen a single superman online yet.
You'd think the DC posterboy would be more popular, but I guess bats has really ousted him in recent years.

Bob White

I'm liking the game so far but...I gotta disagree. Online makes the game unplayable at high levels. Take for example Robin. This game has like, no push back at all. So, if you block Robin successfully and try and walk back/jump back/jump/stay still/back dash or just keep blocking, Robin can mash anything to keep you there.

So, you kinda just have to mash to kill his pressure. Cool, no problem, right? Well, this game handles "block recovery" really fucking strangely. The timing in which you THINK you're outta block stun doesn't match what's on the screen. Kinda like Ken and FANG's -7 poison move from sf5.

Anyways, you have to visually see when your character is back in idle stance then press a button to punish Robin. And this is not fucking possible online. I've tried. Many times. There is just enough delay online to make small windows of punishment pretty much useless.

This game needs a "hold down the button you want to come out when your block stun is complete" like virtua fighter.

Lukemon

Anyone else getting issues with character levels after restarting the game? It's happened to me a few times already - Swamp Thing and Arrow both showed up at way below their actual level last week while still wearing their high-level gear, and now I got the same thing again with Bats and Ivy. Sure it'll work itself out again... it's just weird and annoying.

Village

The nature of the beast, whether's its mishima's, shoto's, nightmare and mistirugi , or Batman, supes and harley, the most popular characters will get played the most.

Hasney

Hnnng, the Superman ability with a meteor drop before the super. I just grinded him up to 20 for the metaverse event and on the final 12 person tower now for a bunch more epic gear. Cleaning it up. Plus that Bizarro Worse shader is awesome.

Might see how far this AI can get on endless.

drew713

accidentally left guild 3. was spammed by boxes and kept pushing x. ending up leaving the guild and now no option to rejoin. can anyone help?

Top Bottom