• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Injustice: Gods Among Us |OT| With Super Friends Like These, Who Needs Enemies?

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
I wonder what the fan reaction is gonna be if the list w/ Scorpion is true.

I think it's awful, especially if they waste a spot on an MK guest character when there's finally a decent DC Universe fighter. If true, I hope they get a lot of criticism. The is truly a waste of a spot. It's funny how in one of those final battle videos Boon, specifically mentioned MM as one of the characters that people really wanted and even had that twitter thing.

They seemed so against the idea of putting an MK character in here. It would be a waste, and I still really hope the signs pointing to it are all wrong. After Lobo, whatever they show is basically going to confirm the rest. I'm very much hoping to see Martian Manhunter as not only would he be a great and highly asked for fit, it would tie into the much better rumor of having power girl and atrocitus.

vg260

They seemed so against the idea of putting an MK character in here. It would be a waste, and I still really hope the signs pointing to it are all wrong. After Lobo, whatever they show is basically going to confirm the rest. I'm very much hoping to see Martian Manhunter as not only would he be a great and highly asked for fit, it would tie into the much better rumor of having power girl and atrocitus.

That's the thing, even the MK fans I'm seeing aren't thrilled with the idea when there's a chance for a never-before-seen DC character. Do you have a link to where they were talking about the possibility? Aside from Lobo, these seem so out of line with the requests, it doesn't seem right, but maybe DC is pulling a Marvel.

Personally I hate cameos. I feel like it kills the integrity of the in-game universe in a non-crossover game, even for something as crazy as a comic game.

Yeah, that rumored DLC list is awful. Basically an evil Superman, Batman with boobs, and a non DC character. What a fucking waste that would be.

TDLink

I'm still maintaining those "dlc characters" are not the DLC characters. My "bet" of a month ban from NeoGAF if Scorpion is one of the 4 DLC characters still stands. That is how sure I am.

When Martian Manhunter is announced as the next DLC character hopefully this rumour dies.

Gbraga

How do I get the Arrow skin?

By the way, Guilherme Briggs is an amazing voice actor, I never play games dubbed in portuguese, but I might make an exception for this game.

kyo27

I like Scorpion. He's a great character and one of my favorites from the MK universe. But... he really doesn't fit here. This was a chance to push a new IP out the door, and what better way to do it than by making it a DC Comics game? Putting in a Mortal Kombat character just kinda... ruins that, and might show that the Injustice IP can't stand on its' own.

tl;dr I like Scorpion and would use him, but he doesn't fit and shouldn't be in.

I have no problem with Scorpion. It's a guest character that is DLC and will probably be the most popular DLC. The game will stand on it's on just fine judging by the positive overall reception of the game and what seems like pretty solid sales early on. People are really overreacting about this. Did Heihachi ruin Soul Calibur when he was a guest character?

Ferrio

Banned
I have no problem with Scorpion. It's a guest character that is DLC and will probably be the most popular DLC. The game will stand on it's on just fine judging by the positive overall reception of the game and what seems like pretty solid sales early on. People are really overreacting about this. Did Heihachi ruin Soul Calibur when he was a guest character?

I don't think it's ruin, just more of a missed opportunity.

vg260

No, but Vader and Yoda did. ;)

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
That's the thing, even the MK fans I'm seeing aren't thrilled with the idea when there's a chance for a never-before-seen DC character. Do you have a link to where they were talking about the possibility? Aside from Lobo, these seem so out of line with the requests, it doesn't seem right, but maybe DC is pulling a Marvel.

Personally I hate cameos. I feel like it kills the integrity of the in-game universe in a non-crossover game, even for something as crazy as a comic game.

I honestly can't remember where I saw stuff like that, I think on twitter somewhere. I'll try to find something.

It's more than just scorpion for me. All the rumors about him also have batgirl and zod with him, and even if they end up playing well I just can't get excited for those characters. There are way more interesting choices to represent the game.

DR2K

Banned
There's a super girl icon in the portrait section, if that isn't a hint of a future character I don't know what is.

Ruin was a strong word on my part and I apologize, but my opinion still stands. IIRC, Netherrealm seemed against having any "guest characters" in this and this was a perfect opportunity to rake in a bunch of sales from comic book fans(sort of what this game caters to to begin with). Having a character from an established fighting game franchise is cool and everything, but it's really a missed opportunity.

And obviously Heihachi didn't ruin Soul Calibur by being in, but how I see it is that game already had 3 previous entries in the series to help build the franchise(Soul Edge, Calibur, and arcade version of II).

vg260

And obviously Heihachi didn't ruin Soul Calibur by being in, but how I see it is that game already had 3 previous entries in the series to help build the franchise(Soul Edge, Calibur, and arcade version of II).

Yeah, for the first entry in the series and first non-MK fighter, let DC have its day and don't feel like you need an MK reference in there to validate it. Save it for sequels.

Zod and Batgirl could easily just be costume swaps with new voice work.

If it was Cassandra Cain as Batgirl I would endorse putting her in even though there are a lot of batman characters already. She also is a lot different than the other bat family and isn't as much of a gadget character. I was thinking maybe something like an alpha counter like trait or snk roll or s groove dodge, since she can read body language and react to it. But of course it seems that DC doesn't seem to like her for some reason and she hasn't even shown up or really been mentioned in the new 52.

Yeah, for the first entry in the series and first non-MK fighter, let DC have its day and don't feel like you need an MK reference in there to validate it. Save it for sequels.

Did MK suffer from having Freddy Krueger in it? C'mon folks, you're acting like the franchise is doomed now that Scorpion had pretty much been confirmed.

They should focus on adding DC characters that deserves to be in Injustice GAU. Scorpion is cool to have him in, but I rather have just DC characters.

What annoys me about Scorpion being included (if it happens) isn't so much that it's a waste of a character slot but I know half my online matches from that point on will be spent fighting against a Mortal Kombat character, especially if MK9's online for the first few months is anything to go by. Not what I wanted from Injustice. At least Deathstroke is a DC character.

ReiGun

If they want a "guest," why not a Watchmen character? It's a popular franchise, DC owns it, and it's actually from a comic book. I'm sure people would like Rorschach or Dr. Manhattan.

That said, would rather it stay to traditional DC Comics characters.

If anyone wants to help me out I still need Arkham skins, red son skins and zombie stuff + blackest knight.

I'll unlock the iOS stuff as a trade but that's kind of useless.

Xbox.

Really would love some dlc for the game

J-Tier

Did MK suffer from having Freddy Krueger in it? C'mon folks, you're acting like the franchise is doomed now that Scorpion had pretty much been confirmed.

There's a difference though, with an original cast, adding a guest from a different universe is fine, especially when they're hitting the threshold of potential popular characters. With Injustice, it's a new IP with a cast from a universe that has a lot of people's favorites-- more than the roster could even accommodate, even with a 100 character roster.

That's when it gets disappointing. Scorpion over Martian Manhunter, Swamp Thing, Poison Ivy, Power Girl, Larfleeze, Penguin, Animal Man, Black Manta, Bizarro, Metallo, Darkseid, Katana, Starfire, Beast Boy, Booster Gold, John Constantine, Star Sapphire, Mera, Black Canary, Saintwalker, Atrocitus, Jonah Hex, Circe, Dr. Polaris, Two Face, Riddler, Scarecrow, Red Hood, Superboy Prime, Zatanna, Plastic Man, Alan Scott, Huntress, The Question, White Lantern Kyle Rayner, Doctor Fate, Brainiac...

It's not even comparable.

dc-universe-characters.jpg

Went against a Green Arrow, got him on his last bar half way while I was still on my second. He used his super, I jumped out of range then.. Rage quit! So laaame.

Ryce

I've got to be honest... Zod, Batgirl, and Scorpion make perfect sense for the mainstream, "casual" audience. You've got Lobo for the hardcore fans, Scorpion for the MK fans, a Batman character (most people have heard of Batgirl), and a Superman character (the main villain of the new film).

If the rumor is true, though, hopefully there's another round of DLC with characters like Martian Manhunter.

J-Tier

I've got to be honest... Zod, Batgirl, and Scorpion make perfect sense for the mainstream, "casual" audience. You've got Lobo for the hardcore fans, Scorpion for the MK fans, a Batman character (most people have heard of Batgirl), and a Superman character (the main villain of the new film).

If the rumor is true, though, hopefully there's another round of DLC with characters like Martian Manhunter.

Still is lazy. Doesn't make me like the game any less, but man is that cast disappointing if true.

Batgirl = Clone
Zod = Clone
Scorpion = Port from MK9

They'll definitely have unique moves, but man is the DLC roster dull. Lobo ends up being the only good choice they made in this rumored DLC list.

Kyzon

Would you guys recommend the Wii U version or the PS3 version? Conflicted as in which one to get,

Wii U..... Just so I can have some gaffers to fight when the update hits >_>

Edit: Ugh I got zoned the fuck out by a hawkgirl in a KOTH room. I need to actually get competent with Harley

I wouldn't mind Scorpion now that I think about it...I want to see the look of Deathstroke zoners that eat a teleport punch to the back of the neck every single time they think about shooting a bullet.

Still is lazy. Doesn't make me like the game any less, but man is that cast disappointing if true.

Batgirl = Clone
Zod = Clone
Scorpion = Port from MK9

They'll definitely have unique moves, but man is the DLC roster dull. Lobo ends up being the only good choice they made in this rumored DLC list.

but its a different fighting engine. Thats like saying akuma, ryu, chunli are similar to their mvc3 counter parts.

Yeah they are similar in move sets but their move properties are drastically different.

J-Tier

I wouldn't mind Scorpion now that I think about it...I want to see the look of Deathstroke zoners that eat a teleport punch to the back of the neck every single time they think about shooting a bullet.

Ambush Bug could've done that...

but its a different fighting engine. Thats like saying akuma, ryu, chunli are similar to their mvc3 counter parts.

Yeah they are similar in move sets but their move properties are drastically different.

Wasn't my point. Have you seen how many characters are in the DC Universe? How many favorites being overlooked?

onionfrog

One thing I hope they patch:

In private matches we should have both an option for "Rematch" and "Return to Character Select".
Its really stupid that the rematch button takes you back to character select and there is no proper rematch button currently.

Ambush Bug could've done that...

Wasn't my point. Have you seen how many characters are in the DC Universe? How many favorites being overlooked?

Well its hard to see your point when you say "clone, clone, clone port".

Yes DC has a ton of characters but in the end they put character they think will sell well and is good for their marketing strategy.

Dahbomb

Lets wait on the game play of Zod and Batgirl before calling them clones (if they are revealed)). I mean you would figure that Sinestro and Green Lantern would be clones but they play very different from each other.

Unless the game has 100+ characters fan favorites are going to be overlooked.

J-Tier

Well its hard to see your point when you say "clone, clone, clone port".

Yes DC has a ton of characters but in the end they put character they think will sell well and is good for their marketing strategy.

Me said:
They'll definitely have unique moves...

I guess that was a bit ambiguous =B

Anyways, I'm going to rebel hard until the DLC is finally revealed. Don't mind it too much =D

Lets wait on the game play of Zod and Batgirl before calling them clones (if they are revealed)). I mean you would figure that Sinestro and Green Lantern would be clones but they play very different from each other.

Unless the game has 100+ characters fan favorites are going to be overlooked.
Lanterns are able to form constructs from their imagination. By nature, every lantern is unique.

DR2K

Banned

They were very similar. Really starting to regret this season pass if these garbage characters are true.

Top Bottom