• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Injustice: Gods Among Us |OT| With Super Friends Like These, Who Needs Enemies?

Ferrio

Banned
I would have taken Freakazoid over Lobo, to be perfectly honest.

If Freakazoid was on the roster I'd legitimately consider buying the game twice just to support that kind of awesome.

tumblr_ljbwzyrSxE1qe97wjo1_500.jpg

HUGBEES

People will get over Scorpion like people got over Freddy. Only difference is Scorpion is (accidentally) revealed early and he's a more obvious selection than Freddy.

I hope they make Scorpion invincible to projectiles to TRULY replicate the Freddy DLC experience. :p

Eh, I don't know if I am over Freddy yet. Probably one of the things that turned me off from MK9 (alongside them not releasing the second costume pack due to all the online issues they had).

I'm mixed on Scorpion. I am a big MK fan so it will be nice to have some familiarity, but at the same time they did an awesome job at making a pure DC fighting game and universe, so why muck it up? Its not necessary.

Ed Boon tweeted this lol

http://www.quickmeme.com/meme/3pv8pm/

Just encountered a glitch in the Great Hall

I was practicing with Flash, and I tried to go off the little car missile looking type thing, and now hes stuck in animation lol. The CPU is right under him so that may be why.

Ah figured out how to do it.

Go into slow mode with Flash, then try to use the thing that you usually ride across from side to side on, then he'll be stuck in a funny looking animation

Ryce

A better translation of the Facebook post practically confirms Zod, Batgirl, and Scorpion.

There seems to be a difference with the material we recorded and that which was finalized in the game. We will check on this.
They admit that they recorded audio for those characters.

Khezu

Why is everyone so against Zod? Don't say because he is a clone, because most of you want PG. Any kryptonian is fine by me, as long as they turn out better then that floating gorilla we call Superman.

My only issue with Scorpion is that he is a part of the season pass, if they wanted him in the game, he should have been either a hidden unlockable in the base game, or a 5th bonus DLC character.
Well this game is similar to MK9, it is different enough where it would be cool to see what they do to him to make him work in this.

The only bad choice is Batgirl, if they wanted another Batcharacter and a female, they should have gone with Poison Ivy, she would at least be interesting with her unique powers and look cool.
Fuck Babs.

KevinCow

Banned
Why is everyone so against Zod? Don't say because he is a clone, because most of you want PG. Any kryptonian is fine by me, as long as they turn out better then that floating gorilla we call Superman.

Because he's boring. Power Girl at least has personality, and... other assets.

Kizer

My only issue with Scorpion is that he is a part of the season pass, if they wanted him in the game, he should have been either a hidden unlockable in the base game, or a 5th bonus DLC character.
Well this game is similar to MK9, it is different enough where it would be cool to see what they do to him to make him work in this.

The only bad choice is Batgirl, if they wanted another Batcharacter and a female, they should have gone with Poison Ivy, she would at least be interesting with her unique powers and look cool.
Fuck Babs.

I don't want Zod because I don't want him. It's really as simple as that. I don't think he is a compelling Superman villain and would rather have had any other superman villain before him, honestly.

I don't want scorpion because, as others have stated, DC has such a healthy roster that it is a waste to take another from something else. Why? To pander to MK fans? There are so many DC characters that could and should take that position instead.

aborath

Neo Member

Fuck Babs.

Lobo is fine, whatever. I enjoyed his books in the '90s. Zod is a complete snoozer from my perspective, zero exposure to the character outside of the Reeves movies. I would 100% prefer PowerGirl as a Kryptonian inclusion. The Palmiotti/Conner run of her comic was fantastic, and really endeared her character to me as something more than a boob joke. The Scorpion inclusion is just a shame. I realize that he's Boon's vanity character, but that slot comes at the cost of hundreds of more deserving DC heroes/villains. Batgirl is an uninspired choice, and I agree that Ivy would've been more interesting from a gameplay stance.

Starting to regret buying my season pass (if this proves true).

TDLink

RE: The DLC

I still am on the MMH/Atrocitus/Power Girl train for the DLC characters. I maintain that if Scorpion is one of the 4 DLC characters I am willing to have my GAF account banned for one month.

Even if the recordings are legitimate they could just be for character skins (like the Arrow and Damian Nightwing skins already in the game) rather than full separate characters.

Before we even knew the full launch cast I pretty much had Zod pegged for the alternate skin/voice treatment on Superman due to the upcoming movie...I still hold that belief.

vg260

I still am on the MMH/Atrocitus/Power Girl train for the DLC characters. I maintain that if Scorpion is one of the 4 DLC characters I am willing to have my GAF account banned for one month.

Even if the recordings are legitimate they could just be for character skins (like the Arrow and Damian Nightwing skins already in the game) rather than full separate characters.

Before we even knew the full launch cast I pretty much had Zod pegged for the alternate skin/voice treatment due to the upcoming movie...I still hold that belief.

I want to believe but I don't share your confidence. I'm prepping for the worst.

Kizer

Before we even knew the full launch cast I pretty much had Zod pegged for the alternate skin/voice treatment on Superman due to the upcoming movie...I still hold that belief.

I am going to feel so terrible if those wishes do not come true. Honestly.

shaowebb

I suspect they'll fix this in the first patch. But yeah, pretty dumb for the time being.

I know! Thats almost completely safe. That has to get patched because defense shouldn't be that easy. Till its gone though Im gonna abuse that on folks. Its like a safe way to troll :D

Ferrio

Banned
I know! Thats almost completely safe. That has to get patched because defense shouldn't be that easy. Till its gone though Im gonna abuse that on folks. Its like a safe way to troll :D

Think it's a big deal out of nothing.

Overheads still work, crossups probably still work. You're left out in the open to those things if you do that.

I really hope a lot of this games mechanics were made to try and work towards a Street Fighter x Mortal Kombat. I am probably just dreaming, but I've been dreaming about it since the
90s lol.

Perfect World Guest Character = Marvel Hero
Most Realistic Guest Character = Scorpion
Best Case Scenario Guest Character = Rorschach
Wild Card Guest Character = The Mask/Big Head

Requiem

Looks like Bane will be my mane!

Currently 6 and 0

Edit: Ended up 8:2

I love this game...can't wait to get this fight stick

J-Tier

I don't want Zod because I don't want him. It's really as simple as that. I don't think he is a compelling Superman villain and would rather have had any other superman villain before him, honestly.

I don't want scorpion because, as others have stated, DC has such a healthy roster that it is a waste to take another from something else. Why? To pander to MK fans? There are so many DC characters that could and should take that position instead.
Yup, I agree entirely.

Ryce

Having had time to reflect on it, Scorpion's the only (supposed) DLC character who doesn't sit right with me. I'm fine with Zod and Batgirl so long as they're fun to play. If Scorpion was swapped out for Martian Manhunter I wouldn't be nearly as upset.

Chindogg

I'm not sure what's worse:

The final four Skullgirls options or the rumored last three DLC for Injustice.

DC has literally hundreds of characters, both male and female. Yet they picked Evil Superman, Lady Batman, and Scorpion. Where's Swamp Thing? Where's Zatanna? Where's Martian Manhunter? Where's Atrocitus? Where's Larfleeze? Blue Beetle? Poison Ivy? Cheetah? Mirror Master? The list continues.

This is just an overall blah casting idea. Lobo's fine because he can be unique, but then we have 3 retreads of previous ideas. Open the gates for creativity!

Having had time to reflect on it, Scorpion's the only (supposed) DLC character who doesn't sit right with me. I'm fine with Zod and Batgirl so long as they're fun to play. If Scorpion was swapped out for Martian Manhunter I wouldn't be nearly as upset.

I'm hoping if he IS in, he's a free character and not part of the season pass.

Kizer

DC has literally hundreds of characters, both male and female. Yet they picked Evil Superman, Lady Batman, and Scorpion. Where's Swamp Thing? Where's Zatanna? Where's Martian Manhunter? Where's Atrocitus? Where's Larfleeze? Blue Beetle? Poison Ivy? Cheetah? Mirror Master? The list continues.

This is just an overall blah casting idea. Lobo's fine because he can be unique, but then we have 3 retreads of previous ideas. Open the gates for creativity!

That is hard to answer. The entire skull girls voting thing was an utter mess. Like allowing people to vote for characters you aren't even sure could work in your game? Are you for real?

I'm hoping if he IS in, he's a free character and not part of the season pass.

Lets not believe things we know won't turn out to be true.

SOLDIER

Has there been a comparison between the three versions yet, in terms of performance?

How about online players? I wouldn't mind picking the Wii U version if it's the best looking, but I doubt it would have a robust amount of players on multiplayer.

Fully agree, I hope there is a second season pass with four more characters and all from dc. Scorpion is one huge wasted slot, love the character but stay in MK please.

If scorpion really is DLC I will be pretty disappointed. Freddy was horrible in MK mainly because he was so far removed from the lore of the game.

I'm fine with crossovers if logical.

DC has such a huge rosters and so many potentially amazing characters. Some of the actual cast of the game are fairly under whelming as it is to waste more slots would be such a shame.

Glad I didn't pick up the Season Pass, if true. Lobo is great and might pick him up, but I have no interest in Zod, as the one cool thing he had to add is already in the game as Regime Superman's victory pose. And Barbara Gordon is a waste and you all know that's the one Batgirl they'd choose. I mean, if they were going to include both Batgirl and Zod why not go ahead and include Power Girl (who is, you know, a really cool character) and another (Batman) villain?

And don't even get me started on Scorpion.

dubq

Does Mortal Kombat have literally hundreds of characters to choose from? No. Mortal Kombat can afford a guest character; save for one or two, all of the fan favorites are in MK9. There are dozens of DC characters with vocal fanbases being left out of Injustice for Scorpion. Thematically, Kratos and Freddy Krueger were good fits for Mortal Kombat. What's Scorpion doing in a superhero game?

LOL give it a rest.

Ryce

I mean, if they were going to include both Batgirl and Zod why not go ahead and include Power Girl (who is, you know, a really cool character) and another (Batman) villain?
Batgirl's infinitely more recognizable than Power Girl -- she's the better "mainstream" pick. Really, Power Girl's not as popular or important as the Internet makes her out to be. It's also much easier to come up with an original moveset for Batgirl than it is for Power Girl.

I don't think Batgirl or Power Girl should be in the game, but if I was running a business I would definitely go with the former.

LOL give it a rest.
Where am I wrong, exactly? I can name at least a dozen important DC characters who aren't in Injustice. The missing MK9 fighters are all D-listers. There's much more room for guest characters there.

Caspel

Business & Marketing Manager @ GungHo
If true, then the selection of DLC characters was miserable. When Lobo is the highlight, then it's disappointing.

Top Bottom