• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Injustice: Gods Among Us |OT| With Super Friends Like These, Who Needs Enemies?

Khezu

I still want this as a DLC costume for Joker, like really badly.
STsOIGO.png

TDLink

I don't mean to beat a dead horse, but is dlc actually coming to the Wii U?

I haven't bought this game solely because of that, and if it ends up without DLC then it looks like I will be passing on this game..

If I can't have EVERY. SINGLE. costume, then I rather not have the game at all as crazy as that may sound to some of you

Nintendo has said it is and the box has said it is. Probably best to wait till May 7th to see what happens with Lobo at this point though anyways.

ReiGun

Animal Man, Booster Gold, Blue Beetle, Power Girl, Zatanna, Circe, Brainiac, Grodd, Cap Cold, and J'onn are my wishlist.

Zephyrus

Banned
I'm expecting to see 6 dlc characters. 3 heroes and 3 villains.

For the heroes I'm hoping they're Martian Manhunter, Power Girl and Booster Gold.

For the villains Lobo, Atrocitus and Ra's Al Ghul.

Ryce

Yeah, I don't really see how they could do more than six DLC characters without having to dramatically redesign the character select screen. Adding a new row fits perfectly...

Q8Iu2B6.png

...but a sixth row would screw everything up. It would look odd with only two characters, too.

TDLink

Yeah, I don't really see how they could do more than six DLC characters without having to dramatically redesign the character select screen. Adding a new row fits perfectly...

Q8Iu2B6.png

...but a sixth row would screw everything up. It would look odd with only two characters, too.

Probably why their current plan (AFAIK) is to only do 6 max (2 extra provided the first few do well). Although, I do think they could continue to shorten the height on the character tiles to keep adding rows without issue if they really wanted.

Q8Iu2B6.png

A new column perhaps? In place of a new row? It's still possible that instead of a new row/column, an offside DLC slot will be used akin to the implementation of DLC characters in MK9.

Ryuhza

Banned

Q8Iu2B6.png

They could just have one slot for DLC characters like they did with Mortal Kombat. It'd be ugly though, BUT I AM CONFIRDENT THAT OUR MIN AND WIMENZ AT NEVVERRURM STURRIO CAN GOOD JOB!

Daingurse

Preaching to the choir my friend, the Fourth World saga is my favorite thing ever.

I'm about to read it actually, hope it scratches that Cosmic itch I got. Can't wait for Avengers 2 and Guardians of the Galaxy, then I'll go through the Infinity Gauntlet and Thanos Imperative again.

Wow.... that has to be one of the worst designs ever.

Uh one of the most iconic covers ever.

I don't mean to beat a dead horse, but is dlc actually coming to the Wii U?

I haven't bought this game solely because of that, and if it ends up without DLC then it looks like I will be passing on this game..

If I can't have EVERY. SINGLE. costume, then I rather not have the game at all as crazy as that may sound to some of you

Box says it will have DLC I think. You should just buy it on another console if you have one, with the TRU deal going on for cheap injustice and guranteed DLC.

Q8Iu2B6.png

But the DLC slots are on the side of the current roster.

tim1138

I'm about to read it actually, hope it scratches that Cosmic itch I got. Can't wait for Avengers 2 and Guardians of the Galaxy, then I'll go through the Infinity Gauntlet and Thanos Imperative again.

I wish I could read that all again for the first time.

But the DLC slots are on the side of the current roster.

Perfect. I suspected two packs/season passes of four characters. That fits with adding an additional column.

I guess it depends on how the DLC characters are implemented in-game. I can see Netherealm adding an additional column on either side of the character select screen, offering potentially more than four heroes/villains, but limiting the characters to a balance between the terms.

If the DLC characters are selected via a single character slot as in Mortal Kombat however, I think there's more cause to ignore the balance between heroes and villains.

Is this confirmed how they are doing it?

Interesting...

That image is the in game dlc slots activated by modders. I think its missing one under the 2nd player select.

I suppose they could be expanded if needed to include 2 more slots on each side alternatively a single slot like MK9

Ryce

Perfect. I suspected two packs/season passes of four characters. That fits with adding an additional column.
If anything, this makes that less likely...

The top two slots on the P1 side and bottom two on the P2 side need to be kept empty so not as to completely obscure the character images.

Considering WB had Stan Lee in the Battle Arena and he's been talking about DC a bit lately its looking more and more likely that Marvel is romancing WB Games for stuff since Capcom utterly failed to make them money while WB game studios have been pulling profits down on the DC license pretty well so far. Even MK vs DC pulled profit so NRS working with Marvel looks to be a pretty possible thing in the upcoming years.

If it happens the salt from elitists who shit on NRS will be glorious.

WB owns DC, that would be like MS going to Sony to make Halo.

The top two slots on the P1 side and bottom two on the P2 side need to be kept empty so not as to completely obscure the character images.

Would two more slots above and below on either side, obscure the character images enough to deter additional characters though? I'm not able to check in-game right now, but are there characters who's profile/face would be obscured from view?

TDLink

That image is the in game dlc slots activated by modders. I think its missing one under the 2nd player select.

I suppose they could be expanded if needed to include 2 more slots on each side alternatively a single slot like MK9

That makes sense since AFAIK they hadn't yet started work on the 4th character when the game shipped.

Eh, they would obscure some of the character images but only a little bit, it could still work if they decided to do it that way. Frankly it would be completely weird if they did 2 on the bottom on one side and 2 on the top on the other.

Do people really have that much of an issue playing against doomsday? I heard someone to day bitchfitting about how he is in need of a nerf. Namely his body splash cross up. I disagree.

Super great rushdown and pressure. He's got a really fast high low combo. His trait also lets him get in easier against zoners. Not sure if the "great" players consider him top tier but I've had plenty of trouble with him online.

Eh, they would obscure some of the character images but only a little bit, it could still work if they decided to do it that way. Frankly it would be completely weird if they did 2 on the bottom on one side and 2 on the top on the other.

I agree. I don't think the aesthetic of the character select screen lends itself to only having two slots on either side. It just comes off as unfinished for lack of a better word. I don't think it'd be that big an issue if parts of the character images were obscured, provided the characters are still recognisable and the effect is the same.

Ryce

Well, for what it's worth, I just went through the trouble of ripping certain files to my computer, and Batgirl, Zod, and Scorpion are in the .INI file -- I suspected that might have been a hoax, but it definitely isn't.

Just picked this game up Sunday and i love it so far, but the online community for this game is shitty right now. A bunch of fucking whiners. Can't get a decent set going with anyone.

Anyway, is there some way to dodge Doomsday's ex supernova? That shit has been raping me.

Xevren

Just picked this game up Sunday and i love it so far, but the online community for this game is shitty right now. A bunch of fucking whiners. Can't get a decent set going with anyone.

Anyway, is there some way to dodge Doomsday's ex supernova? That shit has been raping me.

For the first part, try asking on here for some sets maybe that will help.

2nd part, you can try and forward dash but I always struggle to avoid it. If I have meter I meter burn my back or forward 3.

TDLink

Well, for what it's worth, I just went through the trouble of ripping certain files to my computer, and Batgirl, Zod, and Scorpion are in the .INI file -- I suspected that might have been a hoax, but it definitely isn't.

Sure, but keep in mind:

1. Boon likes to troll and knew people would go digging (he has talked about falsifying code or putting easter eggs in code before)
2. They could just be alternate costumes if they do in fact appear in the game in some way
3. That .INI file does not list all of the playable characters in the location where Batgirl, Zod, and Scorpion are.

Ryce

Sure, but keep in mind:

1. Boon likes to troll and knew people would go digging (he has talked about falsifying code or putting easter eggs in code before)
2. They could just be alternate costumes if they do in fact appear in the game in some way
3. That .INI file does not list all of the playable characters in the location where Batgirl, Zod, and Scorpion are.
1. That doesn't explain the Portuguese dubbing leak (or even the English end credits). The actress listed for Batgirl is the same one who voiced the character in the Portuguese Batman dub.
2. That might make sense if they came with Lobo's compatibility pack, but they don't. Why would those alternate skins appear in the .INI file and not Flashpoint Batman, classic Cyborg, etc.?
3. Because those other characters don't have non-Regime/Insurgency alternate skins (which are located elsewhere as costume "V").

TDLink

1. That doesn't explain the Portuguese dubbing leak (or even the English end credits). The actress listed for Batgirl is the same one who voiced the character in the Portuguese Batman dub. To think that all of these convenient elements are contributing to some elaborate hoax ventures a little too far into tinfoil hat territory for me.
2. That might make sense if they came with Lobo's compatibility pack, but they don't. Why would those alternate skins appear in the .INI file and not classic Cyborg, etc.?
3. Because those other characters don't have non-Regime/Insurgency alternate skins.

1. Boon could have coordinated that also. Alternatively voice actors can voice other characters than just ones they have played in the past.
2. Good point, I really don't know. If they are full conversion kind of characters it may explain it though.
3. What is the explanation on some characters being listed twice then? (Batman I believe, though maybe I'm wrong since I am not staring at the file at the moment)

We'll see though.

ReiGun

None of my "local" - use that term loosely cause the closest one is pretty far - TRU's have Injustice.

I'm never going to get this game.

Ryce

3. What is the explanation on some characters being listed twice then? (Batman I believe, though maybe I'm wrong since I am not staring at the file at the moment)
+Unlocked=CHAR_Lobo
+Unlocked=CHAR_Batgirl
+Unlocked=CHAR_Scorpion
+Unlocked=CHAR_Zod
+Unlocked=CHAR_Aquaman_A
+Unlocked=CHAR_Bane_A
+Unlocked=CHAR_Batman_A
+Unlocked=CHAR_Batman_C
+Unlocked=CHAR_Batman_D
+Unlocked=CHAR_Batman_E
+Unlocked=CHAR_Catwoman_A
+Unlocked=CHAR_Deathstroke_A
+Unlocked=CHAR_Flash_A
+Unlocked=CHAR_Flash_B
+Unlocked=CHAR_GreenArrow_A
+Unlocked=CHAR_GreenLantern_A
+Unlocked=CHAR_GreenLantern_C
+Unlocked=CHAR_HarleyQuinn_A
+Unlocked=CHAR_Joker_A
+Unlocked=CHAR_LexLuthor_A
+Unlocked=CHAR_Nightwing_A
+Unlocked=CHAR_Shazam_A
+Unlocked=CHAR_SolomonGrundy_A
+Unlocked=CHAR_SolomonGrundy_B
+Unlocked=CHAR_Superman_A
+Unlocked=CHAR_Superman_B
+Unlocked=CHAR_Superman_C
+Unlocked=CHAR_Superman_D
+Unlocked=CHAR_WonderWoman_A
+Unlocked=CHAR_WonderWoman_B
+Unlocked=CHAR_WonderWoman_C
Characters listed multiple times have multiple costumes to unlock/download. The Regime/Insurgency costumes are in another file, which is why Doomsday/Hawkgirl/etc. aren't listed here.

TDLink

Characters listed multiple times have multiple costumes to unlock/download. The Regime/Insurgency costumes are in another file, which is why Doomsday/Hawkgirl/etc. aren't listed here.

Ok. I still don't think it makes much sense to list DLC characters with alternate costumes though.

TDLink

Well, Lobo's there, so it doesn't really matter what you think. :p

Ok, where are his other costumes listed? I think we should really wait until the Lobo patch comes out either way and see what that brings or doesn't bring in terms of code, costumes, and other news on further DLC characters.

shaowebb

WB owns DC, that would be like MS going to Sony to make Halo.

I know the working relationship between WB and DC quite well. But considering you dont see Marvel bending over backwards to utilize only Disney studios given they have tied their license off to Activision, Sega, Gazillion, Gameloft and Capcom over the past few years alone its really not out of the question that they'd contact and work out a relationship with WB games and NRS in particular given they have a proven track record of making profitable tie in products to comic book licenses.

Its all about profits. Besides comic book publishers have known for decades cross publication events draw huge crowds to both publishers. Its why Amalgam happened in the 90's and why so many one offs have happened in the past to draw crowds from each fanbase into the other products.

I see Marvel going to WB games for some kind of game deal as a very real possibility over the next few years given how they've lost money by taking chances on several other developers. It'd likely be mutually beneficial to both parties to pursue such a venture so dont rule it out because of the "their rivals" idea that comic book fans tout so hard. Its not stopped them in the past from doing comic book crossovers. I doubt it'd stop them from doing a game crossover with a proven profitable studio.

I see Marvel going to WB games for some kind of game deal as a very real possibility over the next few years given how they've lost money by taking chances on several other developers. It'd likely be mutually beneficial to both parties to pursue such a venture so dont rule it out because of the "their rivals" idea that comic book fans tout so hard. Its not stopped them in the past from doing comic book crossovers. I doubt it'd stop them from doing a game crossover with a proven profitable studio.

LEGOMarvelSuperHeroes.jpeg

TDLink

Lobo's? If he has any, I would imagine they're wherever Flashpoint Batman, classic Cyborg, and the others are (not on the disc).

Again, I don't see why they would list the DLC characters with the alternate costumes for characters already in the game. Moreover, the "DLC characters" are not listed in the same format as the rest of the list (with an underscore and letter).

Lobo on the list also isn't indicative that it is more accurate since adding a bit of credibility to something is what makes trolls more successful. Everyone knew Lobo would be a DLC character even before the game came out and it was "official". It could just be Boon playing his game.

Again though, as I have said in past posts, it is best to wait and see on all of this. Going back and forth on whether Zod/Scorpion/Batgirl will be the DLC (like you think) or MMH/Atrocitus/PGirl will be the DLC (like I believe) is sort of pointless currently until the next character is actually announced.

Ryce

Moreover, the "DLC characters" are not listed in the same format as the rest of the list (with an underscore and letter).
Those letters represent alternate costumes. "Batman_A" isn't his default costume, it's New 52 (or Arkham, I forget). Batman's standard outfit is just "Batman" (located in another set of files), like how Lobo is just "Lobo."

TDLink

Those letters represent alternate costumes. "Batman_A" isn't his default costume, it's New 52 (or Arkham, I forget). Batman's standard outfit is just "Batman" (located in another set of files), like how Lobo is just "Lobo."

Yeah I know, my point more being why would the DLC characters/their default costumes get listed with the alternates of others. It is just a weird and random place to put them.

Ryce

Yeah I know, my point more being why would the DLC characters/their default costumes get listed with the alternates of others. It is just a weird and random place to put them.
Costumes are technically individual characters from a programming standpoint, so it doesn't surprise me that they're mixed in together. Hell, in Marvel vs. Capcom 3, the "a new character has been unlocked" audio clip plays when you download a new costume pack.

shaowebb

My point exactly. Its Traveler's Tales but WB publishes those Lego Games. The relationship between WB and Marvel is quite warm right now. Dont rule out crossover potential in the next few years given the way the two have been acting towards each other. With Boon acting interested and having been teasing folks on twitter for the past year who knows if its already been tabled or not as a thing for NRS to get involved with later.

TDLink

Costumes are technically individual characters from a programming standpoint, so it doesn't surprise me that they're mixed in together. Hell, in Marvel vs. Capcom 3, the "a new character has been unlocked" audio clip plays when you download a new costume pack.

Yes but why segregate them at all then?

Like I said before...time will reveal all. And in this case the time we have to wait is relatively short.

My point exactly. Its Traveler's Tales but WB publishes those Lego Games. The relationship between WB and Marvel is quite warm right now. Dont rule out crossover potential in the next few years given the way the two have been acting towards each other. With Boon acting interested and having been teasing folks on twitter for the past year who knows if its already been tabled or not as a thing for NRS to get involved with later.

Marvel vs. DC
shaq.gif

BELIEVE

Top Bottom