• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Injustice: Gods Among Us |OT| With Super Friends Like These, Who Needs Enemies?

KevinCow

Banned
Guys shut up. Stop saying that Marvel vs. DC is an actual possibility. I don't want to get my hopes up. :(

oh my god i'm already making character wishlists in my head make it stop

and if it was done by netherrealm so it had an awesome story mode oh my god

shaowebb

Guys shut up. Stop saying that Marvel vs. DC is an actual possibility. I don't want to get my hopes up. :(

I've had my character list drawn up before UMVC3 had an EVO bro. Its cool to dream like this. Especially with so many positive signs that could lead to it in the next few years in some way shape or form.

Coolest thing is that if it happened through WB that'd mean NRS wouldn't be limited to the way Marvel guys have played in past fighters since they never worked on those titles and since their combo systems work differently than capcoms. Magneto working like Ermac with Ares style projectile traits as he grabs metal and slings it? Cyrax/Deathstroke style play for Cable? Spiderman playing like a mix of Lobo and Mileena?

Just the idea of new playstyles for these faces is enough of a shakeup to make me happy. Redesigned movesets would be great.

BadAss2961

Marvel vs. DC
shaq.gif

BELIEVE
sucklez2u9x.gif

Just got all the achievements on the 360 version, been busy running the game in my local comic book shop for new people to check out (this week's TRU deal combined with some experience with the full version of the game got some people to pick it up which was cool) and looking to pick up Ares for my third character. Loving the game so far but I hope whatever the DLC (and the balance patches that come with them) brings us doesn't sour this game's future. I really wish they would let the game stay as it is for as long as possible.

I've had my hopes up for a while! Just imagine characters having all the dream matches that could happen. D:

The story... The things that need to happen now.

Doomsday's splash hitbox makes no sense

There's no contact what so ever but it still hits lol.

I mean this game is clunky but at least get things right..or remotely right

KevinCow

Banned
Batman vs. Captain America
Superman vs. Hulk
Wonder Woman vs. Ms. Marvel
Flash vs. Spider-Man
Green Lantern vs. Iron Man
Aquaman vs. Thor
Green Arrow vs. Hawkeye
Martian Manhunter vs. Vision
Catwoman vs. Wolverine
Joker vs. Loki
Lex vs. Green Goblin
Deathstroke vs. Deadpool

Swamp thing vs. Man-Thing

YOU GUYS MADE ME DO IT :(

Edit: Instead of Marvel vs. DC, call it something like AVENGING INJUSTICE.

I know the working relationship between WB and DC quite well. But considering you dont see Marvel bending over backwards to utilize only Disney studios given they have tied their license off to Activision, Sega, Gazillion, Gameloft and Capcom over the past few years alone its really not out of the question that they'd contact and work out a relationship with WB games and NRS in particular given they have a proven track record of making profitable tie in products to comic book licenses.

Its all about profits. Besides comic book publishers have known for decades cross publication events draw huge crowds to both publishers. Its why Amalgam happened in the 90's and why so many one offs have happened in the past to draw crowds from each fanbase into the other products.

I see Marvel going to WB games for some kind of game deal as a very real possibility over the next few years given how they've lost money by taking chances on several other developers. It'd likely be mutually beneficial to both parties to pursue such a venture so dont rule it out because of the "their rivals" idea that comic book fans tout so hard. Its not stopped them in the past from doing comic book crossovers. I doubt it'd stop them from doing a game crossover with a proven profitable studio.

Yeah those crossovers haven't happened since like 2003, way before both were acquired. I seriously doubt WB is looking to give up their advantage in having a far better situation in the games market for DC just so they can make some minor one off profit on a marvel game. These companies look long term, no reason for them to give their biggest rivals a successful product that increases the quality of their brand name. The only thing I could see happening is a crossover game like DC vs. Marvel. Definitely don't see any form of a marvel exclusive game being developed by WB studios.

It's pretty annoying how I need to hold back in ranked matches because I fear of rage quitters. I don't understand how netherrealm can give the player that didn't quit a loss.

It's pretty annoying how I need to hold back in ranked matches because I fear of rage quitters. I don't understand how netherrealm can give the player that didn't quit a loss.

I messaged them on Twitter about it. They responded saying they'll try to fix it.

Also the week of Doomsday I'm getting online is making me notice how stupid this character is lol

Who designs this shit and says it makes sense?

Just got my first rage mail with Aquaman woooo!

Got called a spamming piece of shit, and a big pussy

ayeeeeeeee

DR2K

Banned
Batman vs. Captain America
Superman vs. Hulk
Wonder Woman vs. Ms. Marvel
Flash vs. Spider-Man
Green Lantern vs. Iron Man
Aquaman vs. Thor
Green Arrow vs. Hawkeye
Catwoman vs. Wolverine
Joker vs. Loki
Lex vs. Green Goblin
Deathstroke vs. Deadpool

YOU GUYS MADE ME DO IT :(

Edit: Instead of Marvel vs. DC, call it something like AVENGING INJUSTICE.

I'd like to see DC x Marvel from NRS and Marvel x DC from Capcom.

I hate to sound like that guy, but MVC engine is just a more natural fit for super powers clashes. Injustice needs a lot of time in the oven.

I really hope zoning gets a huge nerf all around.

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
Jumping around to do the battle ladder with more people, I'm liking the feel of Nightwing and Black Adam. Adam hits like a fucking truck.

Batman vs. Black Panther
Superman vs. Blue Marvel
Wonder Woman vs. Captain Marvel/ Power Princess
Flash vs. Quick Silver
Green Lantern vs. Quasar
Aquaman vs. Namor
Green Arrow vs. Hawkeye
Catwoman vs. Black Cat
Joker vs. Loki
Lex vs. Dr. Doom
Deathstroke vs. Punisher
Static vs. Magneto

Fixed. clones vs clones.

Nyx

Tried some online matches last Sunday but it was very hard to find any... (ranked and player)

Was I unlucky or is this normal? (EU 360)

KevinCow

Banned
Are you people kidding me? Lex's rival would be Dr. Doom

But Doom is so boring. Even his name is boring. :/

I'd like to see DC x Marvel from NRS and Marvel x DC from Capcom.

I hate to sound like that guy, but MVC engine is just a more natural fit for super powers clashes. Injustice needs a lot of time in the oven.

I very much disagree. I've always thought MvC did an awful job at capturing the essence of its superheroes. It's just so... Japanese.

Injustice feels like they sat down with the intention of making a superhero fighting game, and they were already fans who understood these characters. MvC feels like it was made by some guys who just wanted to make an excessively chaotic fighter and happened to have the Marvel license, despite having only a vague understanding of these characters who come from a completely different culture.

That's one hell of a mismatch.

Eh. I couldn't figure out who to match Thor with. The match was less about their powers and more about them both being royalty of mythological cities.

I very much disagree. I've always thought MvC did an awful job at capturing the essence of its superheroes. It's just so... Japanese.

Injustice feels like they sat down with the intention of making a superhero fighting game, and they were already fans who understood these characters. MvC feels like it was made by some guys who just wanted to make an excessively chaotic fighter and happened to have the Marvel license, despite having only a vague understanding of these characters who come from a completely different culture.

I agree completely.

Injustice is an authentic superhero fighting game, with the collateral damage, citywide destruction angle, throwing cars at each other, etc.

MvC is a DBZ fighter reskinned with American superheroes.

DR2K

Banned

Considering how powerful these characters are MVC engine is more true to their abilities. NRS takes things like air dash, Capcom lets them dash in every direction. A lot of mechanics just seem like 1v1 marvel light with a splash of MK. It's fun, but limiting considering the source material. Injustice kind of reminds me of X-Men COTA in some ways.

Vice

But Doom is so boring. Even his name is boring. :/

Eh. I couldn't figure out who to match Thor with. The match was less about their powers and more about them both being royalty of mythological cities.
MVC nails the speed and movement of characters though. Nightwing and some others feel so stiff for the kind of characters they are.

I haven't seen many ragequitters to be honest. Though I did have a good one against Deathstroke tonight. Got him down to his second life bar when I was at around 195% and away he went. Was playing my scrubby Doomsday too. Basic MB Gamma Crush to get in and random df2, sweep, and body splash mixups from there.

I've always been so inept at fighting games. Not sure how to get over the hump. My brain has great difficulty sorting through all of my available options (and in fighting games there are a fucking lot) and reacting correctly in the very limited amount of time given.

Bleepey

I know the working relationship between WB and DC quite well. But considering you dont see Marvel bending over backwards to utilize only Disney studios given they have tied their license off to Activision, Sega, Gazillion, Gameloft and Capcom over the past few years alone its really not out of the question that they'd contact and work out a relationship with WB games and NRS in particular given they have a proven track record of making profitable tie in products to comic book licenses.

Its all about profits. Besides comic book publishers have known for decades cross publication events draw huge crowds to both publishers. Its why Amalgam happened in the 90's and why so many one offs have happened in the past to draw crowds from each fanbase into the other products.

I see Marvel going to WB games for some kind of game deal as a very real possibility over the next few years given how they've lost money by taking chances on several other developers. It'd likely be mutually beneficial to both parties to pursue such a venture so dont rule it out because of the "their rivals" idea that comic book fans tout so hard. Its not stopped them in the past from doing comic book crossovers. I doubt it'd stop them from doing a game crossover with a proven profitable studio.

I'd love for Warner to say you can make a Capcom Vs game only if Capcom make an MK vs SF game.

Grimsen

I'm going to play some KF as my second character. Played anough GL that I won't forget how to play him if I drop him for awhile.

Anything I should know beside slide invincibility and abuse? :)

I'd love for Warner to say you can make a Capcom Vs game only if Capcom make an MK vs SF game.

Yuck. Keep them separate please.

AEREC

Not sure why everyone wants this. MK without the gore and ultra violence would not be satisfactory.

I would love to see NRS do a DC vs. Marvel (injustice style) and then Capcom do a Marvel vs. DC (UMvC3 style)....much like they are doing with SFxT and TxSF.

Bleepey

Not sure why everyone wants this. MK without the gore and ultra violence would not be satisfactory.

I would love to see NRS do a DC vs. Marvel (injustice style) and then Capcom do a Marvel vs. DC (UMvC3 style)....much like they are doing with SFxT and TxSF.

There was a point in time when i was around 8 and for reasons unknown to me, i am assuming Capcom were allergic to money, and i expected this game to be made yet it wasn't. The game is a licence to print money and i want it to be made so badly that i'd even consider buying the DLC (Ondisc or not).*

*Actually i certainly won't buy any DLC but i'd consider it.

MGrant

I actually thought MvC3 did a great job of making the Superheroes fight the way you'd imagine them to fight. Ok, there are exceptions (Doom, Magneto, Storm, Sentinel), but they had other MvC games to live up to. But I thought they nailed Spider-man, Super Skrull, Dormammu, Hulk, Rocket Raccoon, and several others I can't think of right now.

EDIT: Taskmaster and Hawkeye were also spot-on.

Honestly, I would just want this so that it can finally ends the 90's crossover that was meant to happen at a point.

I would buy the hell out of it, not because of the game itself but just for that its happening. Plus I love, I absolutely love crossovers.

shuri

Banned
Boon said on Twitter that Midway approached Capcom several times about doing a crossover title over the years, knowing that it would print money; Capcom USA was super hype to it (and even did some speculative art) but Capcom Japan 'didnt get it'

I would LOVE to see that art.

Top Bottom