• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Injustice: Gods Among Us |OT| With Super Friends Like These, Who Needs Enemies?

KevinCow

Banned
What in the hell. Deathstroke's 3231 combo string does 25% on its own. Add a df1 gunshot at the end for an easy 31%. Then you can tack a couple things onto the front to get that up to 40% or so.

That's just... what? That's really good damage. That's Super level damage. That's damage that everyone else in the game has to work for. And he can get it out with a regular combo string, despite the fact that he's more of a zoning character.

What the hell.

J-Tier

I dunno why so many people want Red Hood (outside of GAF). Todd is cool and all, but I don't think he really needs a place on the roster as a full char (maybe as an alt). He doesn't really bring anything new to the table after all.

shaowebb

Guys, now i'm getting hopes again to get a Marvel guest character in Injustice. D: Boon wants to do a Marvel fighting game.

Considering WB had Stan Lee in the Battle Arena and he's been talking about DC a bit lately its looking more and more likely that Marvel is romancing WB Games for stuff since Capcom utterly failed to make them money while WB game studios have been pulling profits down on the DC license pretty well so far. Even MK vs DC pulled profit so NRS working with Marvel looks to be a pretty possible thing in the upcoming years.

If it happens the salt from elitists who shit on NRS will be glorious.

A Pretty Panda

fuckin' called it, man
What in the hell. Deathstroke's 3231 combo string does 25% on its own. Add a df1 gunshot at the end for an easy 31%. Then you can tack a couple things onto the front to get that up to 40% or so.

That's just... what? That's really good damage. That's Super level damage. That's damage that everyone else in the game has to work for. And he can get it out with a regular combo string, despite the fact that he's more of a zoning character.

What the hell.

That's fine.

KevinCow

Banned
I just stuck to the default layout for my six buttons.

1 2 Interactable
3 4 Meter Burn

I like it because throws are just like SSF4, the only awkward thing is supers require a "triangle" finger setup which I sometimes fuck up if I'm trying to combo.

What if you switched Meter Burn and Interact? Then it would be a little less awkward to do the super.

shaowebb

What the hell.

He needs it.

You mean 15%, with added Gunshot its 20%

I think you really want him to be cheap. Lol. Besides there's a bunch if characters who can do more damage then their super or close to it with simple things.

I love playing as Nightwing. Finally got some decent combos going. You just sort of get a feel for him and know when to switch up his stances. Solid rushdown and keepaway which you can switch up depending who you're fighting. Great character.

MGrant

I think you really want him to be cheap. Lol. Besides there's a bunch if characters who can do more damage then their super or close to it with simple things.

Yeah, I think Deathstroke is overhyped. Then again I've yet to play a decent one, so I can't be sure, but Harley has j.2 > b.2,2 xx db.3,1 > b.3 > j.2 > j.2 > 1,2 xx play doctor for 41% midscreen, 49% if you ex the play doctor, 40% if you do the much easier 1,2 xx gunshot finisher. Took me about an hour in training mode to get that one down.

Honestly, I can see it happening as well. With Boon's random tweets on Marvel, him wanting to make a Marvel fighting game, Stan Lee being on the Battle Arenas and having a copy of injustice. I just feel like there's so much hinting towards. And if they were to get a Marvel guest character...

The doors would finally be open! A Marvel vs. DC would definitely be a thing that could happen one day. And I would consider Boon the greatest person ever, for getting these two together.

Tizoc

I think tomorrow, so I'm pretty hyped. I LOVE TAS Harley. Would've probably been my main if that was her default at launch. Now that this costume is coming out though...reconsidering that...

Far as I know, Harley was CREATED FOR the 90s Batman cartoon before being made part of the DCU proper.
So TAS Harley design= Original design.

Nori Chan

What the hell.

what 40% no it doesn't.

My go to bnb is B1U2, D2, J2, 3231, DF1 and that does like 25-28%

Am I doing it wrong lol

Also have you not seen the batman 130% combo lol

Far as I know, Harley was CREATED FOR the 90s Batman cartoon before being made part of the DCU proper.
So TAS Harley design= Original design.

Yes it was. She was originally created because they had a scene planned for Joker that would look awkward and weird from him, so they created a female sidekick.

The Joker ended up doing that scene anyways, but they stuck with Harley. Since she was so popular, they eventually ported her to the main universe.

It seems that they're regretting that and thus why they keep ruining her nowadays, but oh well.

Xevren

What the hell.

Wut.

3231 = 15% Just kind of exaggerating a tad here. Even if you add the gun it's 20.

KevinCow

Banned

what 40% no it doesn't.

My go to bnb is B1U2, D2, J2, 3231, DF1 and that does like 25-28%

Am I doing it wrong lol

Also have you not seen the batman 130% combo lol

Wut.

3231 = 15% Just kind of exaggerating a tad here. Even if you add the gun it's 20.

That must be part of the patch that the Wii U version didn't get then, because when I do it, it's 25-31%. j2, b1u2, 3231df1 is 39%.

Daingurse

Grodd. Grodd. Grodd. Grodd. Grodd. Grodd.

340720-128937-gorilla-grodd_super.jpg

Acceptable.

Khezu

Your playing on the WiiU version, I don't think it has gotten the day 1 patch yet.

In that patch it nerfed the shit out of DS's damage.

J-Tier

If we had to have another Batman character, these are characters that I think will bring new stuff to the table:

Poison Ivy: Control of plant life will ensure that she'll have zoning abilities along with vines that allow grappling and stasis type moves. Using poisons and pheromones, she'll also be able to buff and debuff causing all kinds of status effects. Possibly "teleport" options by going into the ground and "sprouting" up from a different location.

Scarecrow: Will have normals focused around the use if his sickle. His trait could possibly be his fear gas that makes the stage "nightmarish" and may also transform scarecrow himself into a creepier form kinda like a "stance change".

Penguin: Small hitbox alone will make him unique from the cast. His moveset will focus heavily on his gimmicky umbrella which can shoot bullets, extends blades, be used as a flamethrower, spew gas and acid, allow him to fly/float, be used as a shield, and more.

Ra's al Ghul: What would make him unique is that he'll be a disciplined sword fighter, exhibiting more grace and flourishes as he swings around his blade.

Killer Croc: He'll probably have moves that bring him on all fours, along with biting normals and use of his tail. Basically a more rush down oriented "big character".

Riddler: What he lacks in skill, he'll make up for in demeanor. He'll basically have moves that have the same start up, but different effects and hit boxes keeping the opponent guessing. His trait though is a bit if a puzzle to think up...

Those are my thoughts on Batman chars I'm most willing to accept.

If we had to have another Batman character, these are characters that I think will bring new stuff to the table:

Poison Ivy: Control of plant life will ensure that she'll have zoning abilities along with vines that allow grappling and stasis type moves. Using poisons and pheromones, she'll also be able to buff and debuff causing all kinds of status effects. Possibly "teleport" options by going into the ground and "sprouting" up from a different location.

Scarecrow: Will have normals focused around the use if his sickle. His trait could possibly be his fear gas that makes the stage "nightmarish" and may also transform scarecrow himself into a creepier form kinda like a "stance change".

Penguin: Small hitbox alone will make him unique from the cast. His moveset will focus heavily on his gimmicky umbrella which can shoot bullets, extends blades, be used as a flamethrower, spew gas and acid, allow him to fly/float, be used as a shield, and more.

Ra's al Ghul: What would make him unique is that he'll be a disciplined sword fighter, exhibiting more grace and flourishes as he swings around his blade.

Killer Croc: He'll probably have moves that bring him on all fours, along with biting normals and use of his tail. Basically a more rush down oriented "big character".

Riddler: What he lacks in skill, he'll make up for in demeanor. He'll basically have moves that have the same start up, but different effects and hit boxes keeping the opponent guessing. His trait though is a bit if a puzzle to think up...

Theorycrafting on DC? So it can be done.

Goddamn at those Batman combos! I'm going to start using my photographic reflexes to attempt these. :D

Thanks for posting your video Max!

KevinCow

Banned
Problem with Grodd is Bane, Doomsday, and Grundy kinda cover the big brute character archetype.

That's why we need Captain Boomerang.

Zephyrus

Banned

I vote for Ra's Al Ghul.

Because he's boss as hell

NeoUltima

omg. Thank you "alternate control". Solved my problem of random special moves coming out.

Course I wish it didn't turn the bf/fb moves to half circles, as those never were the ones the mess up. It was always the db/df moves that came out randomly whenever I switched directions I was blocking (and I just try to jab or throw).

I was on the verge of just playing the game with a pad instead...this game is not friendly to sticks on the default control scheme.

Daingurse

Bah no more Batman characters, fill the rest of the roster with fucking straight Meta's. Enough peak human bullshit.

I want some New Gods in this bitch.

New%20Gods%201.JPG

RiccochetJ

Gold Member
Was totally trolled by a superman in ranked. Let me take down his first bar then completely obliterated me. Humbled doesn't even describe how I felt :p

I would be blocking one of his combo ok but he would change up when he would go with an overhead or a lift or at least that's how I remember it when I was getting rushed down. I need to play him for a bit or play against more people who choose him to get an idea of how that works.

ohNOitsRO

I don't mean to beat a dead horse, but is dlc actually coming to the Wii U?

I haven't bought this game solely because of that, and if it ends up without DLC then it looks like I will be passing on this game..

If I can't have EVERY. SINGLE. costume, then I rather not have the game at all as crazy as that may sound to some of you

Top Bottom