• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Injustice: Gods Among Us |OT| With Super Friends Like These, Who Needs Enemies?

Grimsen

It is despite what some at TYM would have you believe.

One of the messages that appear during load/on top of the screen in lobbies says one of the outfits is unlockable at 25 online ranked wins.

I have no idea what that outfit is. I think I have more than 25 ranked wins, and I don't remember getting anything.

The prereq for that outfit was either changed, or it's an outfit that has multiple unlock methods.

Odinson

Still loving Catwoman. TYM has been a wealth of information. I'm thinking of either Black Adam or Shazam as a secondary. I like shazams play style a little better though. Anyone here playing him?

Grimsen

360 seems to use the Trueskill system fairly well. The randoms I play on my gamertag in Ranked are all quite tough now but when I played some Ranked round my friend's place, the level of play was way down. My Trueskill rating is 30, his is 16, we've both played around 100 games. I figure that's why the quality of randoms has seemingly gone up. The odd derpy button-basher still slips through but it's mostly players who either know their characters or know effective online gimmicks.

Just read up a bit on the Trueskill thing from Microsoft. Very interesting. Thanks!

Tizoc

So Injustice #16 was fucking hilarious
even Rick's death which I admit is wrong but...I'm sorry it just felt that way to me.
...and lol at the badguys stop fighting when Bats finds him dead

Also dat Harley
HgEMaXv.jpg

Mmmm.
Thank goodness her og outfit is gonna be in the game, despite how faptastic her current outfit is, it's still stupid and tasteless.

Xevren

Since I reached 100 wins with Hawkgirl, I think I'll try to learn some other characters, starting with Green Arrow. I haven't really seen any good ones. The ones I've played don't ever seem to understand that they have three other arrow types besides the useless regular arrow.

Messing around with him in training mode, it seems like fire arrows are the best for zoning. They do 8% each, and you get three of them.

It also seems like he's not very good with combos... which makes sense, I guess, since he's mainly a zoning character. Still, I was able to get some decent ~20% combos, 25-30% if I have an ice arrow ready.

I can't seem to figure out what the shock arrows are for, though. They do less damage that fire arrows, plus you only get two, so there's no reason to use them for zoning. But they also don't seem to stun guys long enough to follow up, so they're not really useful in combos, either. I'm probably just missing something.

I just hope I don't forget how to play Hawkgirl while learning another character.

Using GA as a zoner just sounds awful to me. He has great strings to use for mixups (b23 has massive frame advantage and the b2 is a really fast overhead. f2d13 is very fast mid,low,overhead.) While his damage isn't the best you can push to the corner pretty great, and his corner combo's are nuts. I only use ice arrows unless they're almost dead I'll go for chip via fire.

How can you view your own trueskill profile scores?

Try going to the leaderboards section.

I still need to purchase the Season Pass! I need those 3 costumes which would make me complete on all the costumes you can get (except for Elseworld Flash.)

I also don't care much for who we get, I already have Lobo. And I would appreciate extra characters to use no matter what, besides they may be your most favorite character to use. ^^

Kizer

Do people really have that much of an issue playing against doomsday? I heard someone to day bitchfitting about how he is in need of a nerf. Namely his body splash cross up. I disagree.

Khezu

Do people really have that much of an issue playing against doomsday? I heard someone to day bitchfitting about how he is in need of a nerf. Namely his body splash cross up. I disagree.

I'm not a huge fan of that one move he has that hits overhead then low, or low then overhead, which ever it is.

MGrant

I don't think he needs a nerf. I find that you have to make him guess where you're going at all times, and hope that he guesses wrong, because if you get predictable, he will easily win. But the strength of his crossups is balanced by his lack of low normals, big startup on certain moves, and his armor kind of sucks after it loses its first hit. I like to stay at about jump-in range at all times; makes things a bit easier.

I do get salty about it being basically impossible to time a backdash out of his meter burned gamma crush online, but the solution to that is don't try to zone him full screen.

Kizer

I'm not a huge fan of that one move he has that hits overhead then low, or low then overhead, which ever it is.

You need to fuzzy block that. It's not so bad since he lacks a lot of low options.

I don't think he needs a nerf. I find that you have to make him guess where you're going at all times, and hope that he guesses wrong, because if you get predictable, he will easily win. But the strength of his crossups is balanced by his lack of low normals, big startup on certain moves, and his armor kind of sucks after it loses its first hit. I like to stay at about jump-in range at all times; makes things a bit easier.

I do get salty about it being basically impossible to time a backdash out of his meter burned gamma crush online, but the solution to that is don't try to zone him full screen.

As a doomsday player, I'd much rather stay on the offensive than play a defensive game. I feel like my defensive tools are very limited. Perhaps others feel that way too.

G-Fex

huh apparently when I went to wal-mart at the last minute I got MK vs. DC universe free with Injustice. Ah whatever, onto Injustice!

NEO0MJ

Yo, my UAE brahs, visit your bros down south and grab from that there. I'm sure I've seen Injustice at some of the shops here.

Gonna wait for the Season Pass to be 10 Pounds or less on EU PSN, should happen in a month or 2.

What's the best way to buy euro points? I don't think our store will get the DLC.

Ryce

So… just for the sake of conversation, assume the end credits/Season Pass INI/Portuguese Facebook leaks are authentic and that Batgirl, Zod, and Scorpion will round out the first set of DLC characters. Which four characters would you expect to see (not want to see) in a potential second wave?

The first set of DLC consists of 2 Gadget heroes and 2 Power villains, so I think for the sake of balance the second wave would include 2 Power heroes and 2 Gadget villains.

Martian Manhunter - This goes without saying. There have been countless MMH hints thrown our way over the past few months.

Booster Gold - Booster Gold has never been directly hinted at, but as far as potential Power type heroes go, he's definitely the most popular character after Martian Manhunter. He's not unlike Lobo in that he's a wise-cracking '90s fan favorite with a cult following.

Professor Zoom - Ed Boon said in interviews last year that Professor Zoom is his favorite Flash villain and that he really wanted to include him in Injustice, but because he's so similar to Flash other characters were prioritized. Boon also asked via Twitter last month if people would rather see MMH or Zoom as DLC -- who's to say he wasn't seriously considering both? If NetherRealm can make Black Adam unique from Shazam, Batgirl unique from Batman, and Zod unique from Superman, then I'm sure they can differentiate Zoom from Flash. He could utilize dirty boxing techniques (headbutts, toe stomps, and cheap shots), teleports, as well as some of Flash's MKvDCU attacks that didn't make the jump.

Poison Ivy - The on-disc roster is 1/4 Batman characters and 1/4 female; Batgirl as one of the DLC characters retains this balance. With 4 female heroes and 3 female villains, Poison Ivy would not only even this representation out as the fourth female villain, but she would also preserve the 1/4 Batman, 1/4 female ratio. She also has a ton of moveset potential, she's popular, and the game is lacking in a plant elemental character.

Grimsen

Still hoping for anything but Scorpion and Batgirl. Zod I don't mind.

MMH, Power Girl, Bizarro and Zatanna should be in this game.

Ryce

Still hoping for anything but Scorpion and Batgirl. Zod I don't mind.

MMH, Power Girl, Bizarro and Zatanna should be in this game.
I wouldn't be surprised if WB/DC pushed for Zod and NetherRealm had to change their plans for Supergirl or Power Girl to Batgirl. One Superman-inspired character is tolerable, but two would be excessive.

vg260

So… just for the sake of conversation, assume the end credits/Season Pass INI/Portuguese Facebook leaks are authentic and that Batgirl, Zod, and Scorpion will round out the first set of DLC characters. Which four characters would you expect to see (not want to see) in a potential second wave?

i.e. What should have been the first wave. :(

I don't believe there will be a second. I'm back to being prepared for disappointment.

Dude Abides

Banned
I wonder if, for the DLC characters who are less powerful in the comics, they will try to somehow explain how they can fight Superman the way they did with Joker et al. in the main story, or if they'll just let it be.

Honestly, if everything turns out to be real and we do end up getting a second batch of characters.

I would really want to have Martian Manhunter, Swamp Thing, Black Canary, and Huntress/Zatanna.

Using GA as a zoner just sounds awful to me. He has great strings to use for mixups (b23 has massive frame advantage and the b2 is a really fast overhead. f2d13 is very fast mid,low,overhead.) While his damage isn't the best you can push to the corner pretty great, and his corner combo's are nuts. I only use ice arrows unless they're almost dead I'll go for chip via fire.

Try going to the leaderboards section.

Yup exactly, green arrow is not meant to be a zoner. His rush down is crazy good his whole game is getting you into the corner and abusing his corner combos. That's where his damage comes from. 111 sky alert 111 ender after what ever juggle(either 113, f2d13, b2haven blast or anything else that puts you into juggle state)is crazy good.

Also while I don't use electric arrows that much they're are decent combos with them I pull out when ever I'm feeling show offy. They're useful. There's also arrow reload combos that involve electric arrow and d2 that are just nuts. I'm working on getting them down because they're so awesome

So Injustice #16 was fucking hilarious
even Rick's death which I admit is wrong but...I'm sorry it just felt that way to me.
...and lol at the badguys stop fighting when Bats finds him dead

Also dat Harley

Mmmm.
Thank goodness her og outfit is gonna be in the game, despite how faptastic her current outfit is, it's still stupid and tasteless.

<3 <3 Certainly, the best thing of the Batman craze is that I get to see her outside of New52.

I see that pic of Cyborg out there.... sooooo when are we seeing classic Harley goodness?

I need it in my veins.

J-Tier

<3 <3 Certainly, the best thing of the Batman craze is that I get to see her outside of New52.

I see that pic of Cyborg out there.... sooooo when are we seeing classic Harley goodness?

I need it in my veins.

I think tomorrow, so I'm pretty hyped. I LOVE TAS Harley. Would've probably been my main if that was her default at launch. Now that this costume is coming out though...reconsidering that...

Stick users, what kind of layout are you using? I'm using the TVC stick on Wii U and this is my layout.

Light, Medium, Heavy, Meter burn
Power, interact, throw, stance switch

TriniTrin

war of titties grampa
Stick users, what kind of layout are you using? I'm using the TVC stick on Wii U and this is my layout.

Light, Medium, Heavy, Meter burn
Power, interact, throw, stance switch

Light, Medium, Heavy , stance switch
Meter burn, power, interactable, throw

I do manual Throws (1+3) and hardly use stance switch if ever.

Light, Medium, Heavy, Something
Meter Burn, Trait/Power, Something, Something

I use the key combos for throw, interactable and stance change, so I can't remember on which button each of them are.

MGrant

I just stuck to the default layout for my six buttons.

1 2 Interactable
3 4 Meter Burn

I like it because throws are just like SSF4, the only awkward thing is supers require a "triangle" finger setup which I sometimes fuck up if I'm trying to combo.

Top Bottom