• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Injustice: Gods Among Us |OT| With Super Friends Like These, Who Needs Enemies?

Tek

None of my "local" - use that term loosely cause the closest one is pretty far - TRU's have Injustice.

I'm never going to get this game.

FWIW - I got Best Buy to price match Toys R Us yesterday since all of my local TRU were sold out

Dereck

I just figured out who Cyborg kinda looks like to me.
newcyborg-jpg.5242

50Cent

As well as a bunch of my extended family members >_>
Ayo Fifty!

Gah! Went against my first Raven.. It was just horrible. Spammed me away with her projectile then if I got close, she'd use her long range grab.. Good thing I still won tho, Swamp Hands save me everytime.

Yeah, I would've preferred it to be more exact too. But I'm glad that classic costumes are happening.

Compatibility packs are for those who didn't buy the DLC, when the pack is downloaded they will still be able to fight against people who have the DLC characters online. The issue was people in the past (MK9) wouldn't download the compatibility packs because it was extra data they didn't want on their hard drive and made a big stink about it.

Extra costumes are the incentive for downloading.

This is what I don't get. Why not just force people to download it via a patch on start up? If you don't download it you can't play online anyway.

Pig of the Hut has your hookup on how to wreck the unblockable dive. Killer Frost gets around 60% on him if he tries it lol.When in doubt though just forward dash once he clears the screen. He'll whiff...unless your on Bane trait recovery.

Stay Free Doomsday's Dive

Im gonna test Sky Alert and MB Sky Alert vs this. If it works thats a top of the screen juggle state to exploit every time.

Thank you so much.

Time to practiceee

Dat Aquaman punish so smexy

NEO0MJ

Hey, does anyone know if the DLC for this game is region free? Would anyone mind helping me test it if they don't know?

Khezu

I thought I was going insane at one point, everytime I used Jokers Super online, I thought I was hearing someone whisper "oh shit" when it connected. Like the first time it happened I just figured it was the dude I was playing against, but it kept happening.

Turns out there is just a weird "shhh" sound effect that is randomly in his super for some reason.

Also I finally heard a song in game that I actually noticed and wasn't drowned out by the games sound effects, the song that plays in lex's lab area. Sounds like something out of the Matrix.

S.T.A.R Lab 220

Black Adam vs Killer Frost and Shazam With falling ice that damages and freezes you
Win after being hit by a super.

Get The Fuck OUT

S.T.A.R Lab 220

Black Adam vs Killer Frost and Shazam With falling ice that damages and freezes you
Win after being hit by a super.

Get The Fuck OUT

Yeah that was one of the most frustrating missions for sure. One tip that helped A LOT: Relentlessly use the robot intractable on the far right side of the stage. It's a grab, and you just keep grabbing the enemy, jumping over them to get on the right side again and continue grabbing and throwing them into the robot. Made the challenge MUCH easier once I figured out this nice loop of damage, just watch out for being stage transitioned.

Yeah that was one of the most frustrating missions for sure. One tip that helped A LOT: Relentlessly use the robot intractable on the far right side of the stage. It's a grab, and you just keep grabbing the enemy, jumping over them to get on the right side again and continue grabbing and throwing them into the robot. Made the challenge MUCH easier once I figured out this nice loop of damage, just watch out for being stage transitioned.

3 starred it but It has frustrated me and annoyed me.

Wonder Woman and Ares might have to wait till tomorrow. Anything really annoying in them?

I was alright with the star labs stuff until Cyborg. His missions are fucking dumb.

Cyborg might have the worst 10 in the game. Nightwing has some douche objectives also.

After I got done with Cyborg its been pretty plain sailing. Grundy was the only real hiccup until the last 2 Black Adam missions.

Wonder Woman and Ares might have to wait till tomorrow. Anything really annoying in them?

Ares has another one of those "high/low rocks you bat away" sequences but I think if you've been doing them in order then you've passed the difficulty hump for the most part after that Black Adam mission. Though I forgot if that Black Adam mission is after the second "dodge the missiles" mission which was also a pain. Honestly the most frustrating minigames for me were all the non-fighting game related ones. Hated them in MK9 and hate them here.

Edit: Ryuhza is right, the Ares spear mission is also annoying. Though it's only 10 spears so it's not as annoying as missing a rock in wave 3 of the rock challenges.

Ryuhza

Banned

Ares has this not too difficult but really friggin boring fight where you have to dodge ten spears (thrown one at a time over the course of way too long) by pressing one button. The whole task is literally press one button at the right time, ten times. Then fight Hawkgirl.

So yeah, it's not a big challenge, but I still hated it.

Requiem

Having a hard time finding a secondary after maining Bane...

Seems like everyone elses combos are either too complicated or to fast for me :(

Any suggestions?

shaowebb

Having a hard time finding a secondary after maining Bane...

Seems like everyone elses combos are either too complicated or to fast for me :(

Any suggestions?

Raven. Shit is free. Great damage, great punishes, great mobility. She has it all and is a great beginner character with good reward IMO. Other than her...Green Lantern. Same reasons.

Requiem

Doomsday or Grundy?

I feel like these characters are too similar to Bane and don't really offer a different style of gameplay. I want to be able to switch it up some times...

Raven. Shit is free. Great damage, great punishes, great mobility. She has it all and is a great beginner character with good reward IMO. Other than her...Green Lantern. Same reasons.

I did try Raven and like her. Maybe I need to stick with her longer and make a commitment. Haven't tried GL though

Green Lantern and Aquaman have simple combos plus they're fantastic characters at the moment.

I was working with Aquaman tonight and I couldn't get the timing down on some of his BnB's.

I guess I'll have to just stick with one person and make it work. Gonna try some more Raven tomorrow...

Doomsday or Grundy?

+1 for Doomsday being piss easy to play. You meter burn db2 which gets you in for free against the majority of players online. His basic combos include jumping d333 which is ridiculously easy and once you get a knock down, just mix them up with repeated jumping d3, d3 (sweep), and df2 attacks. Armor is pretty ballin too. If they keep jumping backwards when you have it engaged, just smack 'em with a db3.

edit - just read the above post. Doomsday might be a bit too similar to Bane.

J-Tier

+1 for Doomsday being piss easy to play. You meter burn db2 which gets you in for free against the majority of players online. His basic combos include jumping d333 which is ridiculously easy and once you get a knock down, just mix them up with repeated jumping d3, d3 (sweep), and df2 attacks. Armor is pretty ballin too. If they keep jumping backwards when you have it engaged, just smack 'em with a db3.

edit - just read the above post. Doomsday might be a bit too similar to Bane.

You can probably win all your matches just by getting them down then spamming that. They won't be able to block it. The splash has a crazy hitbox and will cross up and the sweep after ensures they go down especially in an online environment.

Take advantage of this before he gets nerfed! =B

You can probably win all your matches just by getting them down then spamming that. They won't be able to block it. The splash has a crazy hitbox and will cross up and the sweep after ensures they go down especially in an online environment.

Take advantage of this before he gets nerfed! =B

Inexperienced players are so free with Doomsday. Each jip33 combo is 25% and you have three or four good crossup/mixup options. Plus once they get to low%, you can just spam MB db2s until they die. Last night a Deathstroke super'd me and I was like "ok lol. Now I have four MB db2s to straight kill you with"

He seems to have a lot of trouble on defense against good players though, since most characters can outdamage him with combos. Batman can easily deal over 33% without MB while Doomsday can't even break 30% without MB (correct me if I'm wrong). Push blocking is something that I never do but should. I'm quite terrible at making good impulse decisions when they get in on me which is why I take the fight to them whenever possible.

Interested to see how they change the body splash. I haven't had constant success with it. Plenty of good players have blocked it regularly and as a crossup.

Running peoples' asses over with a venom fueled Bane is so much fun, especially when they don't know how to counter it (like... blocking).

Ryce

After scouring various Twitter pages and comparing voices on YouTube, I've come up with a cast list that I'm 100% confident in.

Stephen Amell - Arrow
Troy Baker - Nightwing & Sinestro
Adam Baldwin - Green Lantern
Amy Carle - Announcer
Kevin Conroy - Batman
Grey DeLisle - Catwoman
Debra Doetzer - Narrator
Susan Eisenberg - Wonder Woman
Richard Epcar - The Joker
Jennifer Hale - Hawkgirl & Killer Frost
J.G. Hertzler - Deathstroke & Ares
Phil LaMarr - Aquaman
Neal McDonough - The Flash & Regime Nightwing
Joey Naber - Shazam & Black Adam
George Newbern - Superman
Khary Payton - Cyborg & Doomsday
Mark Rolston - Lex Luthor
Tara Strong - Harley Quinn & Raven
Fred Tatasciore - Bane & Solomon Grundy
Alan Tudyk - Green Arrow

Not surprisingly, there are four actors left matching the four leaked DLC characters.

Kimberly Brooks - Batgirl (she voiced Barbara Gordon in both Arkham games)
Nolan North - Zod (he's never voiced Zod, but he's a big name voice actor)
Patrick Seitz - Scorpion (he voiced Scorpion in MKvDCU and MK9)
David Sobolov - Lobo (he confirmed it himself)

DRE Fei

My game is installed to the 360, but the disk keeps spinning as if it isn't. Now it's freezing every time I try to play. Downloaded games on my hard drive play just fine. What's wrong?

My game is installed to the 360, but the disk keeps spinning as if it isn't. Now it's freezing every time I try to play. Downloaded games on my hard drive play just fine. What's wrong?

I read up that a couple of people have been experiencing this. Try clearing your cache that seems to help most people.

Top Bottom