• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Injustice: Gods Among Us |OT| With Super Friends Like These, Who Needs Enemies?

Grimsen

My game is installed to the 360, but the disk keeps spinning as if it isn't. Now it's freezing every time I try to play. Downloaded games on my hard drive play just fine. What's wrong?

Same thing happened to me this evening. I deleted and re-downloaded the latest patch. Then it worked fine.

Nice, I just found something cool, and it worked online. XD

Doomsday, Corner Combo:

123, 12 Earth Shake(MB), 12 Super Nova - 33% [D3 - 7%, j.D3 - 9%]

At the right time, and at the right height. Between ES to 12 SN, you will end up against the wall. D3 cross-up j.D3. Repeat!

So, basically you can end up with 49% plus whatever you do after the cross-up.

Kurod

Banned
I don't know what's up with my connection. I go into a room and see guys with 3 and 4 bars playing KOTH. I join the game and all of a sudden everyone in there is now 0 or 1 bar. Every single time.

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
My game is installed to the 360, but the disk keeps spinning as if it isn't. Now it's freezing every time I try to play. Downloaded games on my hard drive play just fine. What's wrong?

Wow, my game keeps freezing too. Figured it was just me.

KevinCow

Banned
I'm pretty sure Nolan North does the default Nightwing voice. He sounds pretty Northy to me.

No idea who does the Regime Nightwing voice though.

I just found something else, pretty useful as well. More towards the corner sense its actually useful there.

Say you do:

123 12 Air Snatch(MB) - 31%

If you dash once towards them, you be in the middle of their body, as soon reach it, jump directly up and D3. It'll cross-up, no matter. If they jump during the time, they can still combo'd into, you would still have enough time to do something.

Ban Puncher

After scouring various Twitter pages and comparing voices on YouTube, I've come up with a cast list that I'm 100% confident in.

Stephen Amell - Arrow
Troy Baker - Nightwing & Sinestro
Adam Baldwin - Green Lantern
Amy Carle - Announcer
Kevin Conroy - Batman
Grey DeLisle - Catwoman
Debra Doetzer - Narrator
Susan Eisenberg - Wonder Woman
Richard Epcar - The Joker
Jennifer Hale - Hawkgirl & Killer Frost
J.G. Hertzler - Deathstroke & Ares
Phil LaMarr - Aquaman
Neal McDonough - The Flash & Regime Nightwing
Joey Naber - Shazam & Black Adam
George Newbern - Superman
Khary Payton - Cyborg & Doomsday
Mark Rolston - Lex Luthor
Tara Strong - Harley Quinn & Raven
Fred Tatasciore - Bane & Solomon Grundy
Alan Tudyk - Green Arrow

Not surprisingly, there are four actors left matching the four leaked DLC characters.

Kimberly Brooks - Batgirl (she voiced Barbara Gordon in both Arkham games)
Nolan North - Zod (he's never voiced Zod, but he's a big name voice actor)
Patrick Seitz - Scorpion (he voiced Scorpion in MKvDCU and MK9)
David Sobolov - Lobo (he confirmed it himself)

Wasn't there a patch coming that removed the effects applied to Raven's voice to have it more in line with Strong's Teen Titans voice and the trailers?

Ryce

I don't know about a patch, but that's what they should do. Leave the demonic effect exclusive to her demon stance.

That's interesting, because he's also been played by Nathan Fillion.

Baldwin's alright, but I wish they'd gotten Josh Keaton from GL:TAS.

Huh. I'm usually pretty good at picking out his voice.
I wanted to forget!

Not a big deal but has NR said anything about avatars?
someone said there was something a month or two back on twitter about them coming.

J-Tier

LeMaximilian is right. Rage quitters should be punished severely. Super severely.

The penalty should be equivalent to like 20 losses or something.

If I were NRS, I would've set it up to where the first 3 disconnects don't have any penalties as it may have been internet issues, black outs, etc. But any time after that the penalty gets enforced as it's clear that it's habitual.

KevinCow

Banned
I drew this for Miiverse:

VbbyvXg.png

Grimsen

LeMaximilian is right. Rage quitters should be punished severely. Super severely.

The penalty should be equivalent to like 20 losses or something.

If I were NRS, I would've set it up to where the first 3 disconnects don't have any penalties as it may have been internet issues, black outs, etc. But any time after that the penalty gets enforced as it's clear that it's habitual.

I'd be okay with a loss for the quitter and a win for me.

I think I'm really liking WW. Even though she's supposedly low tier

She's not low tier. She has to be one of the most, solid, well rounded characters in the game. Good meterless damage, great mobility, good 50/50, good footsies, good punisher. What's she missing! Only flaws I can think of is her risk, she has no safe special to use as a wakeup or cancel a d+1 into.

G-Fex

She's not low tier. She has to be one of the most, solid, well rounded characters in the game. Good meterless damage, great mobility, good 50/50, good footsies, good punisher. What's she missing! Only flaws I can think of is her risk, she has no safe special to use as a wakeup or cancel a d+1 into.

I don't know why I listen to those idiots in chat. I had a feeling she wasn't low tier.

I seriously need to practice some more with her. I think I found my main <3. Sorry Green Arrow, you were far too technical for me.

ultim8p00

Banned
Jesus, am I the only one who can't do combos online? The combos are piss easy to do offline and I never drop them. Online nothing connects. Nothing comes out. You can't hit confirm in this game. You have to fully commit to a combo.

They need to put in a lag simulation in practice mode, seriously.

A Pretty Panda

fuckin' called it, man
Jesus, am I the only one who can't do combos online? The combos are piss easy to do offline and I never drop them. Online nothing connects. Nothing comes out. You can't hit confirm in this game. You have to fully commit to a combo.

I have this exact problem. But I think it's more of a me problem than the game's fault.

Khezu

I land my combos 90% of the time as Harley and Joker.

I did have some problems when I played Nightwing, but I only played him for a few matches before deciding he wasn't for me.

ultim8p00

Banned
I have this exact problem. But I think it's more of a me problem than the game's fault.

I don't think it's you. Or in my case I don't think it's me. I think the game has different windows of input depending on lag, which is horrible. I can do Aquaman combos 100% of the time in offline play. Online, I have the setups, I can do the strings, but the special moves don't come out unless I buffer them REALLY REALLY early in the string. This makes hit-confirming impossible.

If practice mode had an input delay system like Marvel does, it would have made things better.

EDIT: I searched on the internet and it seems like this is a really common problem actually.

shaowebb

Some GA stuff doesn't really work easy online. You get way less frames to link stuff. Any combos involving fire arrow and a lot of electric arrow ones in the corner drop for me. I've also heard some folks claim that jumping 2 into some strings doesn't work online for them consistently with him.

I think of it like online Spencer in vanilla Marvel. Treat your timing as tight as a one frame link. No leeway for some stuff.

C-Drive

Unless I'm blind, there is no optional install for PS3 copies, right? So a question for any of those who've experienced the disk and the PSN download versions of this game: Are the loading times a lot quicker? I'm almost down for buying a PSN copy when it goes on sale if so.

I never thought I'd ask a question like that, as I typically don't mind load times like these - I just feel like half the time I'm playing is spent on loading and want more time to play.

Nedjoe

Neo Member
I don't think it's you. Or in my case I don't think it's me. I think the game has different windows of input depending on lag, which is horrible. I can do Aquaman combos 100% of the time in offline play. Online, I have the setups, I can do the strings, but the special moves don't come out unless I buffer them REALLY REALLY early in the string. This makes hit-confirming impossible.

If practice mode had an input delay system like Marvel does, it would have made things better.

EDIT: I searched on the internet and it seems like this is a really common problem actually.

Yeah I had the same problem. You actually need to learn specific timing for online combos, input the buttons way earlier than you normally would.

DR2K

Banned
Unless I'm blind, there is no optional install for PS3 copies, right? So a question for any of those who've experienced the disk and the PSN download versions of this game: Are the loading times a lot quicker? I'm almost down for buying a PSN copy when it goes on sale if so.

I never thought I'd ask a question like that, as I typically don't mind load times like these - I just feel like half the time I'm playing is spent on loading and want more time to play.

The game installs on ps3, just not all at once.

C-Drive

The game installs on ps3, just not all at once.

I'm all the way through story mode and a few battles, so I imagine at this point it's installed itself? Or is it based on each time you play as one of the characters, it starts a local install of that particular character?

NEO0MJ

Decided to try using an arcade stick for this game, gonna make the switch from the fightpad. The Gameshark store are currently doing £90 off theStreet Fighter x Tekkken fightstick pro (think they're doing discounts in the US store too). Any recommendations for this stick?

http://store.gameshark.net/Street_Fighter_X_Tekken_Arcade_FightStick_PRO_Line_for_Xbox_360/5187/247

Probably the best stick you can buy, especially at its price range. Go for it.

DR2K

Banned
I'm all the way through story mode and a few battles, so I imagine at this point it's installed itself? Or is it based on each time you play as one of the characters, it starts a local install of that particular character?

No idea, just check game data and see the size. Iirc it's about 3gb total.

shaowebb

Tested it on 360 and folks are right. Update fixed Harley's super in the corner. I'm getting mixed reports on this for ps3 folks. Anyone able to verify?

vg260

Yeah that was one of the most frustrating missions for sure. One tip that helped A LOT: Relentlessly use the robot intractable on the far right side of the stage. It's a grab, and you just keep grabbing the enemy, jumping over them to get on the right side again and continue grabbing and throwing them into the robot. Made the challenge MUCH easier once I figured out this nice loop of damage, just watch out for being stage transitioned.

Deathstroke 73 (the rocks one) was infuriating to me. I kinda hate these things now. I wanna actually play the regular game, but I'm compelled to 3-star these dumb things first.

After having the game crash on me because of the patch this morning I finally got round to finishing up S.T.A.R Labs. WW and Ares felt like a cake walk after some of them.

Elseworld Flash is ugly.

I've still got the Red Son missions to play but those can wait.

Zephyrus

Banned
Deathstroke 73 (the rocks one) was infuriating to me. I kinda hate these things now. I wanna actually play the regular game, but I'm compelled to 3-star these dumb things first.

well then you're going to have fun on grundy, lantern and Ares's missions too since you loved that particular mission

Top Bottom