• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Injustice: Gods Among Us |OT| With Super Friends Like These, Who Needs Enemies?

Xevren

I assumed with the solid roster and Lobo reveal they were going for something good.

Between the $35 sale withing 2 weeks to the shit DLC roster picks. I'm not giving this studio money day 1 ever again.

33 and 23 relaunching all day into easy mode combos.

Yup. She has some great sword/shield stuff in the corner, but I wouldn't attempt it online. Only reason I use her is just because of how friendly she is online. My favorite characters just don't work well with input lag.

vazel

Banned
Does Batgirl do anything differently from Batman?
She'll probably do a taunt where she puts on makeup after she beats an opponent.
kekeke.gif

1Uy9w8x.jpg

Khezu

Does Batgirl do anything differently from Batman?

Well I suppose they could start by making her fight like how Batman actually fights in the comics, and not the weird ass character we got in the game.

I want smoke pellets, teleports, grapples for movement, batmany things.
Maybe I will consider buying her then.

Well I suppose they could start by making her fight like how Batman actually fights in the comics, and not the weird ass character we got in the game.

I want smoke pellets, teleports, grapples for movement, batmany things.
Maybe I will consider buying her then.
Batman teleports in the comics?

Khezu

What did people not like about the MK season pass? Freddy?

Ya, people really hated Freddy, myself included.
Though I eventually bought him months later out of boredom, and honestly, he was a really well designed and fun to play character, and now I really want him to return for MK10, or at least his moveset.

I think some people didn't care much for Skarlet, as she was just a new female ninja.
I liked her visually, but she was kinda hard to use.

Batman teleports in the comics?

No, but he disappears and reappears out of shadows, which basically translates to teleports in fighting games.

J-Tier

Batgirl will only be interesting to me if its Cassandra Cain or Oracle (in wheelchair)
Just Babs. I read enough New52 Bat-family to know Cass isn't ever happening.

Oracle isn't happening but I'd buy another copy of injustice for my friend if it ever happens rofl.

TDLink

Batgirl is available for download on 360, but the download fails (like Lobo a few weeks ago).

Bombs Have Been Dropped!

I'm sorry, TDLink. D:

I...well. I'll admit I was wrong first off. Although I still maintain I had complete faith in my source. I am honestly stunned that I'm wrong here. Not sure what happened or why I was fed false info (or why he would have thought differently).

I can admit I'm wrong though, and I am very disappointed that this appears to be right. Batgirl and Zod are just boring choices considering we already have Batman, Nightwing, and Superman. I am sure they will make them play differently enough but they are still entirely mediocre picks. Scorpion is an abomination of a choice and should not be in this game, but I understand why they are doing it.

The positive side of this is there will almost certainly be a second round of DLC...but that is about the only positive side.

I really wanted MMH, and I was so convinced we were getting him :/

I am sorry to those who believed me and are now let down, but know that I was not just speculating, I had been told the information I was previously so confident in. Again, the fact that it is apparently wrong is still stunning me.

Yeah. Though MK9 was already reaching the threshold of viable characters to add to the roster. So it was okay IMO.

Not the same case here.

I started thinking about what other post MKIII-era characters I'd want for MK10, and Kenshi was my obvious first choice, but they added him already. I was thinking possibly Li Mei, Fujin, Shinnok, and Frost. The list isn't very long, lol. They are gonna need some new folks.

Back to Injustice, I'm reserving judgment until I see some gameplay.

vg260

I'm actually OK w/ Batgirl, just the no MMH and Scorpion thing is indefensible and a flat-out shameless cash grab at the DC fans' expense and the integrity of the game. I find it sad they had to she-horn Scorpion into this game.

Feels like a missed opportunity for DLC characters. I'm cool with everyone besides Scorpion but it doesn't make any sense to not have fan favorites like Martian Manhunter or Zatanna.

Oh well, I didn't buy the season pass. The netcode is way too unstable for me to commit any money to it.

TDLink

I'm actually OK w/ Batgirl, just the no MMH and Scorpion thing is indefensible and a flat-out shameless cash grab at the DC fans' expense and the integrity of the game. I find it sad they had to she-horn Scorpion into this game.

Frankly with all the hints/teases by Boon/NRS about Martian Manhunter, the fact that he is apparently not going to be in (at least in this first batch of DLC) takes Boon's trolling to another level. It was a big reason I believed my source so strongly.

Moaradin

I don't have a problem with Batgirl, Zod, w/e. They are DC characters and they won't be gameplay clones. No MMH would be a big shame though.

vg260

Feels like a missed opportunity for DLC characters. I'm cool with everyone besides Scorpion but it doesn't make any sense to not have fan favorites like Martian Manhunter or Zatanna.

It most certainly is. Some people may think it's silly, but I feel like it shows a huge lack of artistic integrity to the project for putting an MK character in this. Yeah, we get it, you made MK. Move on for one freakin game and show some creative diversity! You have the chance to make a new fun character AND please DC fans. Yet they go to the well AGAIN. It's kinda sad to me. Not to mention it's a huge kick in the nuts to the DC fans who supported this game.

Frankly with all the hints/teases by Boon/NRS about Martian Manhunter, the fact that he is apparently not going to be in (at least in this first batch of DLC) takes Boon's trolling to another level. It was a big reason I believed my source so strongly.

Yeah, that was especially shitty.

Zephyrus

Banned
So you've seen Batgirl and Zod's gameplay trailers already?

do you really have to see their gameplay?

Nobody asked for those characters.

I believe batgirl lost the poll when Boon posted it. Another freaking Batman character and not even a good one. Robin, Azrael, Ra's Al Ghul, Talia Al Ghul... all far better choices.
To make things worse, we get the loser nobody wanted and we won't get to see Power Girl...

Then we have Zod a.k.a another Superman.

And finally we get the one character nobody really wanted. Scorpion from Mortal Kombat. Because HEY those guys did Mortal Kombat. Wouldn't it be fun to play with a character whose mechanics really don't mix with Injustice mechanics? Oh it will be fun having to try to react to Scorpion's teleport punch on a laggy netcode.

Martian Manhunter, Swamp Thing, Atrocitus, Power Girl, Booster Gold, Blue Beetle, Zatanna...
Not good choices apparently.

Man do I regret having bought that season pass.

WatTsu

The more I think about Batgirl, the more I'm OK with her. Even though I would have preferred Cassandra or Stephanie, I like Barbara just fine.

That said, I'm still not convinced Martian Manhunter won't show up at some point.

Edit: Also, isn't that an awfully tiny unlock? Unless they include the DLC characters in a title update ala PS All-Stars. Didn't they confirm these characters weren't finished yet? I don't remember how big the unlocks were for MK9.

Zephyrus

Banned
i cant see how this is true they promised tons of free skins

And you believed them...

Well I might as well make someone's day after this train wreck

Below is an european Ps3 code for the Arrow skin. First come first served

RELR-L9N7-3366

Had about 10 friends over last night to play locally for long sessions and convinced more to buy a copy. Not saying anything either way on the dlc characters until we see them in action.

Marz

This thread seems to be just a bunch of whining instead of actual gameplay discussion....guess that's to be expected though.

Zephyrus

Banned
The more I think about Batgirl, the more I'm OK with her. Even though I would have preferred Cassandra or Stephanie, I like Barbara just fine.

That said, I'm still not convinced Martian Manhunter won't show up at some point.

Edit: Also, isn't that an awfully tiny unlock? Unless they include the DLC characters in a title update ala PS All-Stars. Didn't they confirm these characters weren't finished yet? I don't remember how big the unlocks were for MK9.

Martian Manhunter will show up. The model on the stage is too detailed to not to.
You're just going to have to pay extra for him since they stuck the character nobody wanted on the season pass and lured you in with one of the most requested ones, Lobo.

Shady business at best.

vg260

I find this season pass thing to be more offensive than a lot of DLC practices people complain about.

They obviously know which characters are in the season pass, they haven't told anyone, yet they're actually selling it. That's crappy. If you're selling something and know what's in it, you darn well should tell customers what they're paying for. To me, that is offensive.

Yeah, it's your bad if you buy a mystery item, but it shouldn't be a mystery item if they're charging people for it.

Lost Fragment

Obsessed with 4chan
Martian Manhunter will show up. The model on the stage is too detailed to not to.
You're just going to have to pay extra for him since they stuck the character nobody wanted on the season pass and lured you in with one of the most requested ones, Lobo.

Shady business at best.

Yeah that's a stretch.

Khezu

Shady business at best.

He's really not that detailed actually, and I really doubt we will get any more DLC after Scorpion.

Grecco

This thread seems to be just a bunch of whining instead of actual gameplay discussion....guess that's to be expected though.

theres lots of actual discusion on gameplay too

its to be expected that after a disapointing news like the batgirl thing happens then theres whining

Top Bottom