• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Injustice: Gods Among Us |OT| With Super Friends Like These, Who Needs Enemies?

vg260

Just disappointed all around with the DLC.

I'll still pick it up.

I guess there's always Injustice 2..

You know, screw that. I'm still burned up about the Scorpion thing and this whole season pass nonsene (a.k.a We know what the content is, but are going to withhold that information to, sell it to you anyway, then screw you over with a gutless cop-out pick).

Seriously, there's no way the content of this season pack has not been finalized and/or submitted to MS and waiting to post. How is it ok to sell it, yet refuse to reveal what it actually is. I'm actually not easily offended by DLC, and this really rubs me the wrong way. What's worse is how blatantly they teased MMH as being one of the characters. I hate people throwing around the term bait and switch incorrectly, but isn't this pretty darn close?

I was gonna go back to the Star Labs stuff I'm grinding, but I might just drop this game for a while. My copy is from Gamefly until the 360 digital version came out, but I'm seriously reconsidering.

I guess no MMH is fitting as I had almost all of the Super Powers figures as a kid, but MMH was one of the few I never got.

G-Fex

Barbara

Gordon

Barbara

Pennyworth

vZgu9VY.jpg

A Pretty Panda

fuckin' called it, man
GGs Q!

Trying to find another dude to play as. Green Lantern and Batman are clearly not that lol.

I don't like how I can't confirm anything with Nightwing.

Gaaah I hate Killer Frost's uppercut

I'm ready for those DLC characters! :D Got the Season Pass! Now I have every costume you can get at the moment. Except for Elseworld Flash.

El Sloth

Banned
I'm watching a stream and just saw a Wonder Woman get completely destroyed by a Doomsday doing down 1-> ground pound over and over in the corner. Is ground pound an overhead and then a low or something? I'm asking because she could not block it at all.

Lost Fragment

Obsessed with 4chan
I'm watching a stream and just saw a Wonder Woman get completely destroyed by a Doomsday doing down 1-> ground pound over and over in the corner. Is ground pound an overhead and then a low or something? I'm asking because she could not block it at all.

Overhead then a low. It goes from overhead to low super fast so it's pretty fucking hard to block online.

A Pretty Panda

fuckin' called it, man

Yah goes from overhead to low. Goes between the two extremely fast. If you mb it'll just be a low

Xevren

Even offline it's not the easiest thing to block. Earth Shake is really annoying. The WW could have at least push blocked though.

KevinCow

Banned
Well, just the fact that:

-Its not updated to how it is currently.
-There's still no actual confirmation on the DLC.
-If I remember correctly, it isn't as great graphic wise from PS3/360. I dunno.

I've played all three versions, and they all look pretty much the same to me. Whichever version you get, the game looks and runs great. Some people have said that the PS3 has more jaggies, but I didn't notice.

It's pretty much:

PS3 - Deal with some jaggies that you'll probably never notice unless you're looking for them

360 - Deal with a controller that's absolute garbage for fighting games.

Wii U - Deal with sub-par (potentially even nonexistant) post-release support like patches and DLC, but get the bonus of off-screen play.

So pick your poison.

KevinCow

Banned
I'd rather have Oracle than Batgirl.

Let me kick ass in a wheelchair.

Figuratively, of course.

Oracle can't kick, on account of she can't use her legs.

A question before I purchase this game tomorrow. Are their any infinite loop combos, special moves, etc. in the game so far? I'd just hate to go online and see a whole bunch of people doing the same move over and over again like in other fighters I've played without knowing first. I still remember going online on Naruto Ultimate Ninja Storm and everyone selected Deidara just to use that unblockable combo. Just want to know if I should be prepared for those kinds of combos. It won't make me not purchase the game if their is, it's just nice to be aware beforehand.

Ryce

I'm trying to remain hopeful -- the season pass says "all DLC packs will be released by August 2013," but the first four characters are on track to be released by June 18. What if a second wave of characters is announced in time for Comic-Con and released from late July to late August? The season pass would allow you to download any 4 of the 8 characters (it doesn't specify which), with the option to purchase a second pass.

Xevren

A question before I purchase this game tomorrow. Are their any infinite loop combos, special moves, etc. in the game so far? I'd just hate to go online and see a whole bunch of people doing the same move over and over again like in other fighters I've played without knowing first. I still remember going online on Naruto Ultimate Ninja Storm and everyone selected Deidara just to use that unblockable combo. Just want to know if I should be prepared for those kinds of combos. It won't make me not purchase the game if their is, it's just nice to be aware beforehand.

No infinites to worry about, especially online. Loops exist but you'll drop out after a few.

J-Tier

I'm trying to remain hopeful -- the season pass says "all DLC packs will be released by August 2013," but the first four characters are on track to be released by June 18. What if a second wave of characters is announced in time for Comic-Con and released from late July to late August? The season pass would allow you to download any 4 of the 8 characters (it doesn't specify which), with the option to purchase a second pass.

It's easy to appease the fans with more characters. That'd be the ideal.

G-Fex

No it's not unfair crap like Marvel

A Pretty Panda

fuckin' called it, man
My Ares has become quite good now, if I do say so myself.
Still #50 in the world. #SWAGYOLO420

Yeah well I'm top 600 something. Actually that was a week ago so I'm probably way lower than that.

Yes it's a fighting game.

vg260

I doubt it would be a pick-4. Maybe a second set if anything. That would make it easier to handle the choices in this one. The idea of playing this online and facing MK characters still bugs me though. I doubt we'll actually see more. I think it's just more hot air.

Grecco

theres this here like any other fighting game tbh

KevinCow

Banned
theres this here like any other fighting game tbh

Yeah, this game's no exception to that. Deathstroke's guns, Superman's laser eyes, Doomsday's slam.

Still, even when the Deathstrokers were at their worst, it wasn't as bad as most fighting games I've played online. I actually see a good variety of characters online. And once you figure out how to deal with those strategies, those matchups just turn into free wins because most people who rely on that kind of stuff don't have a backup strategy.

Top Bottom