• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Injustice: Gods Among Us |OT| With Super Friends Like These, Who Needs Enemies?

KevinCow

Banned
So I came across two things I'm not sure how to block.

The first is Green Lantern's ring grab, where he just grabs you out of midair or whatever you're doing. The problem is that it's hard to see it coming so I don't know when to block or evade. Played against a GL that would not stop doing that last night. The second is Aquaman's move where he opens a portal to the sea under you. Any advice?

Also, I'm still trying to find a main, and I've been using Black Adam more and more...but Superman is also looking pretty good.

Block. Block low if that's not working. I can't remember off the top of my head if Aquaman's seismo is low or not. Though you want to block low most of the time against Aquaman anyway thanks to that scoop.

If someone's using the same moves a lot, then bait it out of them, block, and then punish.

If Green Lantern is doing his grab when you get close, try dashing in, immediately blocking, and then attacking after his grab fails.

If he keeps catching you when you jump in, then... well, stop jumping in. Sometimes your strategy just isn't working and you have to try another approach. I play Hawkgirl and I abuse the hell out of her flight, but for some characters or players that just means free hits, so I have to stick to the ground.

As for Aquaman's seismo, you just need to slowly push your way in. Block, dash. Block, dash. Repeat until you get close enough to attack. The same goes for most zoning, like Deathstroke's guns. God help you if you play a good Cyborg, though.

And just a general piece of advice: if you keep having trouble with a specific move, go into training mode with your character and the one you have trouble with, then select Record from the AI options. Record the opponent doing the move and then holding back for a moment afterwards. Now he'll just keep doing that move, and you're free to experiment with different approaches. Try blocking and then countering, for example. If he blocks it (since you held back after doing the move), then it's not a good punish. But if you can hit him, it means you can hit him before he's even able to block. So, you know, do that.

Sorry if it sounds like I'm talking to you like you're an idiot. I don't know your level of experience, and these are the kinds of things I wish people had told me when I was first trying to figure out fighting games.

WatTsu

Block. Block low if that's not working. I can't remember off the top of my head if Aquaman's seismo is low or not. Though you want to block low most of the time against Aquaman anyway thanks to that scoop.

If someone's using the same moves a lot, then bait it out of them, block, and then punish.

If Green Lantern is doing his grab when you get close, try dashing in, immediately blocking, and then attacking after his grab fails.

If he keeps catching you when you jump in, then... well, stop jumping in. Sometimes your strategy just isn't working and you have to try another approach. I play Hawkgirl and I abuse the hell out of her flight, but for some characters or players that just means free hits, so I have to stick to the ground.

As for Aquaman's seismo, you just need to slowly push your way in. Block, dash. Block, dash. Repeat until you get close enough to attack. The same goes for most zoning, like Deathstroke's guns. God help you if you play a good Cyborg, though.

And just a general piece of advice: if you keep having trouble with a specific move, go into training mode with your character and the one you have trouble with, then select Record from the AI options. Record the opponent doing the move and then holding back for a moment afterwards. Now he'll just keep doing that move, and you're free to experiment with different approaches. Try blocking and then countering, for example. If he blocks it (since you held back after doing the move), then it's not a good punish. But if you can hit him, it means you can hit him before he's even able to block. So, you know, do that.

Sorry if it sounds like I'm talking to you like you're an idiot. I don't know your level of experience, and these are the kinds of things I wish people had told me when I was first trying to figure out fighting games.

No, man, it's good. I've been playing fighting games since SF2 in the arcades but I'm still no dang good at them. Thanks!

G-Fex

I like how when the AI panics with Killer Frost it keeps her spamming that fucking ice spike.

I wonder if playing anyone online is any different.

Dorrin

So I finally faced Bane online for the first time, took me down as both GL and Sinestro. Basically the guy kept traiting up and then shoulder charging me. I could block but felt like the push back was enough I couldn't counter. Any tips? Can I grab after blocking that charge if I'm GL?

A Pretty Panda

fuckin' called it, man
I mean Qistoptier, the poster on Neogaf. His Killer Frost is pretty good, believe me.

So I finally faced Bane online for the first time, took me down as both GL and Sinestro. Basically the guy kept traiting up and then shoulder charging me. I could block but felt like the push back was enough I couldn't counter. Any tips? Can I grab after blocking that charge if I'm GL?

You can try GL's jedi lift thing. Not sure if you can use it to punish on block but if Bane is charging towards you I'm sure he'll put himself in range for it.

galvatron

I mean Qistoptier, the poster on Neogaf. His Killer Frost is pretty good, believe me.

You can try GL's jedi lift thing. Not sure if you can use it to punish on block but if Bane is charging towards you I'm sure he'll put himself in range for it.

It's a hit grab, so the armor on Bane's trait shoulder charge would eat the grab and still hit GL.

Haven't fought many bane's, but I'd try to grab or b13->gatling gun after blocking it. You can also use gatling gun to deal multple hits and keep him out while he's charging. If Bane's doing 2x venom charges then it'll still work and you can meter burn the gatling gun if you see it hitting. If he does level 3 venom charges, which are projectile immune, then you can likely just run to wait that out and punish while he's weakened by landing your buffed combos.

A Pretty Panda

fuckin' called it, man
It's a hit grab, so the armor on Bane's trait shoulder charge would eat the grab and still hit GL.

Haven't fought many bane's, but I'd try to grab or b13->gatling gun after blocking it. You can also use gatling gun to deal multple hits and keep him out while he's charging. If Bane's doing 2x venom charges that way and meter burn the gatling gun if you see it hitting. If he does level 3 venom charges, which are projectile immune then you can likely just wait that out and punish while he's weakened by landing your buffed combos.

Ah I see. Also tried it and it will not work as a reversal either.

GrayFoxPL

Single battle is very useful.

Put DeathStroke on hard and you have 2x your regular online deathstroke player.

I repeated the fight until I got him down with Flash - very useful practice against online Deathstrokes.

G-Fex

Single battle is very useful.

Put DeathStroke on hard and you have 2x your regular online deathstroke player.

I repeated the fight until I got him down with Flash - very useful practice against online Deathstrokes.

I do this a lot. Except I pick to fight against KF and put it on hard.

I don't think I've ever won with WW or Hawk Girl

sephi22

Panda are you on PSN? I wanna play more Gaffers besides Q and Ferrio

The first is Green Lantern's ring grab, where he just grabs you out of midair or whatever you're doing.
Hold back to block, mang.

The second is Aquaman's move where he opens a portal to the sea under you. Any advice?
Hold back to block, mang.

sephi22

No, it was bullshit because my sword didn't connect after my Godsmack combo and that let you get that wakeup grab off.
The match was over 10 seconds before it actually ended.

A Pretty Panda

fuckin' called it, man
Oh. I honestly haven't played against most of the characters you used so I couldn't really tell. Nice to have some amount of experience against them now.

sephi22

I should've stuck to Ares throughout. Ares has the worst wakeup options in the game. Ares-Nightwing has to be 7-3. Its ridiculous that staff mode Nightwing can outzone Ares and even prevent him from teleporting. Making his zoning and anti-zoning useless. I need the matchup experience.

I don't play Aquaman much nowadays except when I have to dethrone KOTH kings who are on big streaks. He's kinda boring. Also his combos are hard in lag. I can't autopilot them like I can do for Shazam, Ares or Grundy combos.

Gleethor

Having a really hard time 3 starring the batman mission where you fight grundy but can't use grenades if you want the third star. ughhhh

Having a really hard time 3 starring the batman mission where you fight grundy but can't use grenades if you want the third star. ughhhh

I think I spammed the light combo till he got in the corner then A/X + -> launch, Uppercut light punch as much as you can to juggle and repeat

What does release break do? I'm going to try and see if this helps my game experience.

Turns off negative edging I believe. Basically it means that when you release a button, it will count as a press. So you can do Y (then hold) quarter circle forward release Y and it will cancel into the move. Turning it off disables that.

Finally got the hang of canceling online, the game became a lot more enjoyable.

DorianD

Turns off negative edging I believe. Basically it means that when you release a button, it will count as a press. So you can do Y (then hold) quarter circle forward release Y and it will cancel into the move. Turning it off disables that.

Finally got the hang of canceling online, the game became a lot more enjoyable.

All right just played some matches online, and I must say that I'm doing much better. Thanks for the info, good sir.

shaowebb

Superman is about as well rounded as you get. He can do a bit of everything and he can get around the usual counters to someone's tools given his "just say no to armor" gimmick.

I say overwhelm him. Make a backup punish character and play to frustrate him and throw him off his game. Go with Killer Frost, Raven, Green Lantern, or Aquaman and punish the everloving shit out of him with low projectiles, slides, or grabbities if you get stuffed in sets until you mindfuck him out of his usual approaches.

That or interactible abuse :D

Top Bottom