• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Injustice: Gods Among Us |OT| With Super Friends Like These, Who Needs Enemies?

I think I'm pretty decent with my Bane and Flash now, I just wish I could test it online but I keep getting pitted up against way out of my league players. By out of my league I mean people that do massive combos, counter everything, and have a HUGE W/L ratio. I'm gonna try the lobbies and if that doesn't work it seems my fighting partner for the rest of this game will be the COM on hard.

If anyone wants to have a match with me then just add me. Just to let you know though I'm not a pro at this game, I'm more of a beginner.

GrayFoxPL

I think I'm pretty decent with my Bane and Flash now, I just wish I could test it online but I keep getting pitted up against way out of my league players. By out of my league I mean people that do massive combos, counter everything, and have a HUGE W/L ratio. I'm gonna try the lobbies and if that doesn't work it seems my fighting partner for the rest of this game will be the COM on hard.

If anyone wants to have a match with me then just add me. Just to let you know though I'm not a pro at this game, I'm more of a beginner.

You on EU PSN?

You on EU PSN?

US PSN

You're not going to get good at playing against people unless you play against people.

While true I like to ease my way into a fighting game on its online with the bad players and then work my way up to the good players. I don't like fighting good players in the beginning because it just feels like I'm out of my league, instead of easing into it and working on what I need to so I can match up to my player range.

Btw I just went up against an Aquaman who stood in the corner and used that trident coming from the ground move the whole match. Every time I got close he'd use the repeat trident stab on me so I couldn't even touch him. When I did get an edge on him I punished him but I really hate that Aquaman can be used like that. Since I'm playing as Bane it's 10x harder for me to get close. I tried to charge at him but he kept repeating his attacks over and over again. It was literally the most boring match I've ever had online. Not to mention I accidentally pressed rematch and had to fight that spammer again. The match I had before that spammer guy was pretty fun even though I lost, really love the beginners only room in the lobby right now. Feels like I'm in my sweet spot in there.

That sucks. My first online ranked match was against an 0-3 Flash that didn't understand the concept of blocking.

Luck of the draw I guess.

I really like this game and hate it at the same time. The interactive environments piss me off, and no one seems willing to turn them off either. Just not use to it I guess. Plus all the zoning I ran into online left me super salty. Haven't been destroyed by zoning this badly since the first week of SF4.

Also have a lot of trouble landing my combos with Batman online. I even did a ton of practice in training mode, and still can't land them consistently. I really want to get good with Batman.

Fuck Superman

I like using Superman though. :[
His the only character I can use T-T.

His super is really easy to juggle into I'll admit, and he is pretty easy to use. A player as bad as me needs that though. :D

That sucks. My first online ranked match was against an 0-3 Flash that didn't understand the concept of blocking.

Luck of the draw I guess.

Yeah, whenever I fight randoms I usually get matched against who don't know how to play very well. I had a match today where I fought a Cyborg who kept trying to use an interctable from full screen and I kept shooting him with Harley. He kept going and I kept shooting... He died before he got to throw it.

Superman super is really good that you have to be cautious about whether to throw a move out because his super can hit confirm from full screen. I faced a player twice using Superman and I've been caught by his super twice from full screen.

Yeah, whenever I fight randoms I usually get matched against who don't know how to play very well. I had a match today where I fought a Cyborg who kept trying to use an interctable from full screen and I kept shooting him with Harley. He kept going and I kept shooting... He died before he got to throw it.

I remember playing this one player who would only use interactables to defeat me, but sadly for him I won like 4-5 games with Harley/Raven.

Friend was playing Supes and just jumped back and did air laser sweep. Figured I'd counter with Green Lantern and his air turbine and still lost. Was salty.

vocab

I haven't played more than 2 hours of this game. Damn depression making me not even want to even learn a character.

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
Superman has a godlike super, but the whole meter managment metagame here is very interesting to me to the point where you can essentially negate his fullscreen punish super by clashing on the next hit and taking advantage of his 0 meter. I find myself rarely using supers due to the clash, I like having the meter advantage.

sephi22

The 7th can't come soon enough. I feel weird playing this build of the game knowing its going to change so soon.
Have to stop my Ares habits because of the b+2,3 nerf, but then I don't use that reset much anyway.
I was learning Cyborg because of the iaFireballs, but I'm going to wait till the 7th to put anymore time into him.

Tell people to stop sucking
No. They make me look good.

KevinCow

Banned
His super is really easy to juggle into I'll admit

Easy to juggle into? He can hit confirm it from full screen with his laser eyes. He can catch his opponent anywhere on the screen except way in the air if they're doing anything they can't immediately block out of. And for some inexplicable reason, it's an overhead, so you can't block it low.

So I'm gonna say "easy to juggle into" is a bit of an an understatement.

Easy to juggle into? He can hit confirm it from full screen with his laser eyes. He can catch his opponent anywhere on the screen except way in the air if they're doing anything they can't immediately block out of. And for some inexplicable reason, it's an overhead, so you can't block it low.

So I'm gonna say "easy to juggle into" is a bit of an an understatement.

I didn't know this. XD Just tried it out in practice mode. Holy shit.

I'm doing player matches and I just got three ragequits on me in a row. All in the span of ten minutes. I hate fighting randoms.

Anyone on XBL up for some matches? My GT is PR1M3 R1B

KevinCow

Banned
I don't get the damage scaling in this game. Sometimes I'll add moves to a combo and wind up with less damage, which makes absolutely no sense.

KevinCow

Banned
I figured it was something like that. And it's dumb. I could come up with a better system than that. In fact I already have, but hell if I'm gonna type up a long and technical post that nobody will read on this touch screen.

A Pretty Panda

fuckin' called it, man
I figured it was something like that. And it's dumb. I could come up with a better system than that. In fact I already have, but hell if I'm gonna type up a long and technical post that nobody will read on this touch screen.

Why's it dumb? I think it's fine.

Grimsen

Since Injustice gives out so many stats in the menus, and I had just popped a x5 multiplier, I decided to play 50 ranked matches and see what my win/loss is, which characters I faced, etc.

This was on XBL, with Green Lantern.

Highlights:

-35 wins, 10 losses, 5 rage quits (2 of those at the select screen!)
-Batman was by far the most played against, with 10 matches, followed by Deathstroke and Superman with 5 matches each.
-Most losses against Doomsday (3/4 matches) and Batman (3/10 matches). Lost my only match against Killer Frost. I need to train against DD and KF basically.
-10% ragequits is less than what I was expecting.

Complete data:
Character / wins / losses / Rage Quit / Total matches
Batman 6w 3L 1rq 10t
Deathstroke 3w 1L 1rq 5t
Superman 4w 1L 0rq 5t
Doomsday 1w 3L 0rq 4t
Aquaman 4w 0L 0rq 4t
Green Lantern 3w 0L 0rq 3t
Wonder Woman 3w 0L 0rq 3t
Shazam 3w 0L 0rq 3t
Black Adam 1w 1L 0rq 2t
Harley Quinn 2w 0L 0rq 2t
Joker 1w 0L 1rq 2t
Grundy 2w 0L 0rq 2t
Nightwing 1w 0L 0rq 1t
Killer Frost 0w 1L 0rq 1t
Sinestro 1w 0L 0rq 1t
Opp. Quit at select screen 2
TOTAL 35w 10L 5rq 50t

Just finished three starring Green Lantern's Star Labs missions. Officially at the halfway point having three starred 120/240 now. Cyborg is up next tomorrow.

They can be tedious after awhile, but they are pretty fun still. I love how Netherrealm actually makes fighting games with extras that will keep you occupied for a long time.

DorianD

Hey Gaf, has anyone been encountering problems with Injustice on lately (PS3)? I constantly get a screen saying, "The network connection to your system has been lost. Make sure you Ethernet cables and router are connected properly."

I have had this message pop up about 7-8 times in the past hour. I can log back into the game, but when I do, the screen would fade to black and freeze my ps3.

Has anyone encountered this strange anomaly?

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
I just beat Classic with Superman.
Why was Batman denied a shift? I found that funny.
These endings are so ridiculous.

He'd probably make another one to always have it, or something like that, to always have a way to get rid of superman if needed.

Honestly, that whole idea seems terrible. Any bad guy would be after that shit asap.

Gbraga

Is it just me or Nightwing's normals and chains are pretty much garbage?

I'm playing Batman, Flash and Nightwing, but I can't help but feel that Nightwing is by far my worst character.

Khezu

We will probably get more alts when Babs comes out.

Also pretty sure Raven is not getting a costume, only DS,Cyborg,WW,HQ, and Bats.

stn

Based on what I'm reading here there's a balance update coming on the 7th? Is there a change-log somewhere?????

Khezu

Based on what I'm reading here there's a balance update coming on the 7th? Is there a change-log somewhere?????

So far the only thing we know for sure is that it's fixing Ares and Cyborg.

Cyborg has a full screen block infinite with his projectiles, and Ares has a very dirty reset that some members of the cast can't actually escape from, so they are making one of his strings that was a hard knockdown into a soft knockdown.

Khezu

Oh, according to the Injustice twitter, I guess the Teen Titan pack comes with 3 skins, and the 3rd hasn't been shown yet.

My guess.
DbO7Bm1.jpg

Top Bottom