• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Injustice: Gods Among Us |OT| With Super Friends Like These, Who Needs Enemies?

JosiahB

So I picked this game up for the Wii U last Sunday at Walmart (price matched for the TRU deal). I've played a couple other fighting games before, but I never really put any length of time into them. So does anyone have any tips for someone that's, essentially, new to the fighting game genre?

I played through the story mode on medium difficulty, and I beat classic battle mode with Deathstroke on medium; but if I try battle mode on anything harder than medium I get destroyed (not early on, usually around the 8th-9th opponent). I've been practicing some combos that I found on this site for Deathstroke and Aquaman, but it hasn't helped me much; I usually don't even get a chance to pull off the combos.

I'd appreciate any help, thanks!

Kizer

I beat catwoman's story mode and was kinda disappointed.. I mean
It kinda seemed like she was just like "Hey Batman, I'm good again!" But batmans all like "whatever selina" to which Catwoman's all like *sad meow* and she just spends the rest of the time trying to make it up to him and following him around like a lost kitten.
I thought she was supposed to be all I AM WOMAN HEAR ME ROAR! (note:i know nothing of the comics)

Both of those interpretations do not fit the "main" Selina (as in the one from Earth Prime). While yeah, she is strong willed and independent, she also prefers to stay within the "gray areas". I guess the best word to describe her is "ambiguous". She prefers to keep most people from getting to know her too well. This is, at it's core, a defense mechanism due to past traumas in her childhood. In the past she has described her world to be "shades of gray" and doesn't like being committed to one thing or another. Ultimately she is out for herself but has stuck her neck out for other people several times in the past.

Khezu

IF there is a season 2, this is my wishlist. It's not completely what I want, but it follows NRS's DLC strategy.
Look, if you're gonna put Scorpion in, you can't leave Sub out, they're an item, its weird to have one with out the other.
Ld0QXsf.jpg

J-Tier

MMH is the only necessity still missing.

As for characters I want I can't decide, too many I want.

One character that would be cool is Red Tornado, but it would be tough to design his moveset IMO.

TDLink

MMH is the only necessity still missing.

As for characters I want I can't decide, too many I want.

One character that would be cool is Red Tornado, but it would be tough to design his moveset IMO.

I would really argue a Flash villain and Black Manta are kind of necessary too (right after Martian Manhunter). The other one I would most like to see is Doctor Fate. We'll see if we even get a round two though.

Ryce

IF there is a season 2, this is my wishlist. It's not completely what I want, but it follows NRS's DLC strategy.
Look, if you're gonna put Scorpion in, you can't leave Sub out, they're an item, its weird to have one with out the other.
I'm sure they'd want to keep the hero/villain split even, and Zod probably kills any chance Power Girl might have.

Khezu

I would really argue a Flash villain and Black Manta are kind of necessary too (right after Martian Manhunter). The other one I would most like to see is Doctor Fate. We'll see if we even get a round two though.

I think this has a better chance for a second season then MK9. For three reason.

One, they are choosing more marketable characters, say what you want about the choices, but these are characters that will sell to the masses.

Two, with MK9, afterwards they started wasting time porting it to the VITA, for like 2 people to buy it, I doubt there going to make that mistake again.

Three, were in a weird console shift right now, and it might take them longer to start work on MK10.

But who knows, maybe they'll get bored after Scorpion and get to work on what ever.

I'm sure they'd want to keep the hero/villain split even, and Zod probably kills any chance Power Girl might have.

Heroes MMH, PG. Villains, SZ, PI.

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
A good way to gauge PSN updates is if something actually good is coming out it will be very late. Atleast that's how it always feels.

No idea why Boon thinks he'll be up Wednesday on 360, DLC is always tuesday at 5am EST.

Khezu

Since when is Sub-Zero a villain?

He is an assassin that kills for money and sided with outworld in the MK tournament.
Plus he eventually becomes Noob Saibot, who is clearly straight up evil.

The younger brother is good though, still technically an assassin though.

Ryce

He is an assassin that kills for money and sided with outworld in the MK tournament.
Plus he eventually becomes Noob Saibot, who is clearly straight up evil.

The younger brother is good though, still technically an assassin though.
I'm sure they'd go with the younger Sub-Zero, though I don't think they'd add a second Mortal Kombat character to begin with.

What I'm more curious about is whether Scorpion and Zod will be grouped with the heroes or villains on the select screen. Batgirl's a hero and Zod is a villain, but Scorpion and Lobo have much grayer allegiances.

Scorpion's a stock hellfire bad guy-type character, and he's considered a villain in MKvDCU:

o0bH8B7.png

But at the same time, seeing Lobo on the heroes side of the select screen is going to be weird. Even at his best, he's infinitely more villainous than Catwoman.

Alfredo

Not to get too crazy with speculation stuff, but I feel that if they were to put in another MK character, they'd forgo another ninja and go with someone like Raiden, to put a god among them. Yeah, we already got tons of lightning characters...so, hey, let's have some more. :p

Triz

And Nintendo wonders why we are hesitant to buy titles on the system. Boon flat out ignoring my wiiu dlc date question, all it does is make the Rage build.

J-Tier

They shouldn't have committed to a WiiU version at all. What a way to sell a version with less content. Hopefully they work something out because it's pretty bad.

I faced this scrub Hawkgirl player and lost. What what pissed me more than that, is losing to a Harley player. As a Harley player, I'm ashamed of myself. The characters I need to learn more about in terms of match ups are Sinestro, Black Adam, Hawkgirl, Ares, Doomsday, Grundy, and basically everyone else that I haven't faced yet.

Nori Chan

I faced this scrub Hawkgirl player and lost. What what pissed me more than that, is losing to a Harley player. As a Harley player, I'm ashamed of myself. The characters I need to learn more about in terms of match ups are Sinestro, Black Adam, Hawkgirl, Ares, Doomsday, Grundy, and basically everyone else that I haven't faced yet.
You faced a siniestro? lol

shaowebb

Hmm...apparently F. Champ wanted to answer my question about why he's not playing Ares given the kind of dudes he usually goes for. He avoids due to not liking his wakeup it seems.

SuperBonk

I really like fighting good Sinestros. It's kind of fun to navigate the puzzle and once you get in you can go HAM. Of course him being ridiculously unsafe on a lot of his specials helps a lot.

WatTsu

Got a five or six-game winning streak, confirming that Superman is currently my guy. I'm still firmly in the newbie camp and am in no way confident in my ability but I've got enough different tools with him that I feel I can take on most people in my skill rank and have a good shot at winning. I need to learn some more complex combos, but I've found his light-light-light combo leads into the medium-medium-heavy combo pretty well. I also like his back-forward heavy attack, it really helps close the distance and can get out of some of those nasty "things reaching from the ground" moves like Grundy and Aquaman have. He may be newbie-friendly but he doesn't have as many cheap moves as some guys (Green Lantern, Deathstroke) so I feel fine using him.

I definitely wanna pick up one of the ladies next, as I haven't really used any of them outside of the story mode. Wonder Woman seems like a potentially destructive character if I can figure her out, and Catwoman seems to have a lot of nice tricks. I'm also tempted to wait for Batgirl, I'd like to see what they do with her.

Top Bottom