• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Injustice: Gods Among Us |OT| With Super Friends Like These, Who Needs Enemies?

Ryce

Tekken is full of like 50 characters who all do various forms of martial arts, if they really wanted too, they could easily make a unique moveset for Powergirl, I could probably make one in like 10 minutes.
Yeah, but Tekken is explicitly a "martial arts fighting game," if that makes any sense. It's not as dull/realistic as Virtua Fighter, but it's still hand-to-hand combat. The Tekken team doesn't mind including clone characters, but NetherRealm is seemingly avoiding that with Injustice.

Power Girl's special moves would have to include the vortex breath, freeze breath, and heat vision, which Superman already uses, and then there's whatever Zod will have. A potential Martian Manhunter would have all of that, too. A fourth "Kryptonian power set" character doesn't seem worth the effort to me.

No. She has all the powers that Superman has. I suppose they could have her use them in a different manner, though. As batgirl would to batman.
Batgirl's really only similar to Batman in name only -- there are a bunch of gadgets that Batman doesn't have in Injustice that could easily go to Batgirl. Power Girl is sort of tied down to the powers that Superman already utilizes.

Khezu

Yeah, but Tekken is explicitly a "martial arts fighting game," if that makes any sense. It's not as dull/realistic as Virtua Fighter, but it's still hand-to-hand combat. The Tekken team doesn't mind including clone characters, but NetherRealm is seemingly avoiding that with Injustice.

Power Girl's special moves would have to include the vortex breath, freeze breath, and heat vision, which Superman already uses, and then there's whatever Zod will have. A potential Martian Manhunter would have all of that, too.

You can use all those powers in very different ways, like heat vision doesn't have to be a full screen projectile, she could have a command grab when she picks you up and throws you into the air and then zaps you back down. Or her freeze breath could be a air move where she shoots a freezing air bubble downward like a Sindel projectile. She could also use things like super speed which Clark doesn't bother with in this game.

The moves would obviously have a similar theme, but they wouldn't have to play anywhere near the same.

As for MMH, they would probably not bother with his fake kyrptonian powers, and focus more on his mind powers and shapeshifting.

Doesn't she have like telekenisis or something?

All kryptonians kinda have TK, but it's like a weird variation where it only effects things they touch, writes have used it to explain why they can fly, or pick things up with out breaking them with there super strength.

Not sure if its currently cannon though, it's always been a weird thing lots of people ignore.

WatTsu

I've been reading back issues of All-Star Western and in some universe there's a version of this game with Jonah Hex as part of the roster, and I kinda want to live in there. I'm not even sure if he'd be that interesting a character to play as but there's a part of me that wants to see an Old West gunslinger among the superhumans.

Of course, considering how bad that movie was, the character will probably never show up anywhere outside of the comics or occasionally in a cartoon. (Also the whole Confederate thing.)

Actually, I'd kinda rather see Bat Lash.

All right so I picked it up and I'm doing the tutorial, and it is just not registering my combos, I swear I'm inputting them correctly. Batman won't do a grapple after XXY, it's really annoying me. Any advice? Is the game just super strict on timing or something?

Khezu

Her mask is purple again.

All right so I picked it up and I'm doing the tutorial, and it is just not registering my combos, I swear I'm inputting them correctly. Batman won't do a grapple after XXY, it's really annoying me. Any advice? Is the game just super strict on timing or something?

It's strict, sorta. The inputs for like everything are really weird and you just have to find the particular cancel window for everything.

MGrant

You've gotta buffer it in super early, the game makes you commit to your strings. Try and do it all in one quick motion, 112DF1, you should be finished with the grapple input before the animation for the 2 even begins.

Also, standard notation:

X > 1
Y > 2
A > 3
B > 4 or Trait

sephi22

https://www.injustice.com/en/stats/psnusa/sephi22

k03Dnke.jpg
God I play too much

That 117,000+ hours should be seconds. Which amounts to 36 hours. Which sounds realistic

Lost Fragment

Obsessed with 4chan
Harley Quinn matchup protip: block high low against her from close range. Her overhead is 27 frames or something. Really reactable.

I feel like I'm not really getting any better because people just keep getting hit by things they shouldn't be getting hit by all day. Combo into 112 untechable knockdown into high/low "mixups." Repeat. Maybe I should stop playing ranked for a while.

Ryce

Something about the stats page:

Total Number of Hero Victories
Total Number of Villain Victories

Can one of you guys win a match as Lobo and see which category gains a point (if any)? Lobo's next to the heroes on the select screen, but his arcade ending and "history of" video are full-on villain.

impirius

I'm so bad at fighting games, but the D-pad and on-screen move list on the Wii U Gamepad help make me feel just a little less scrubby. Glad to see it'll be getting the DLC eventually.

shaowebb

I barely got anything listed on that. Really goes to show me how busy I've been lately. Student loans dont mess around. I'm running non stop to try and meet them and still trying to find steady work in my field to make them a non issue. :C

Someday GA...someday.

jobber

Would let Tony Parker sleep with his wife
was there a change log of what the update did?

I was just fucking around and the CPU whooped my ass on medium

Usually the CPU doesn't go into god mode until fight 8

laaame

Anybody here use the Madcatz fightpads? If so, how are the dpads on them? Would you recommend them?

The d-pad is pretty great for most games but I'm not sure about about this game mainly because the back forward motion is sometimes odd and that d-pad is a connected disc that could register other inputs. If the 360 d-pad is your only other option then I would probably recommend it.
That said, the d-pad on mine eventually wore down and doesn't work anymore but if you go in not expecting your controller to last 100+ hours then your fine.

El Sloth

Banned
I change my main characters so much that this time its Bane, Shazam, and Joker. Once I learn how to close in on those corner projectile spammers with my bane, I'll have him down set. Still wish people didn't do that though, it's so unprofessional.
Unprofessional?

TriniTrin

war of titties grampa
I don't like playing against Superman. So that means I'm going to start playing as him.
I feel like I need to play as a power character because its so much more effective to use interactables when you can throw them and they track to the dudes. But I am fighting it. I must FIGHT IT!

Khezu

I hate fighting Deathstroke in lag, in fact, I just hate fighting that character in general.

Even though I beat a lot of them, he just is so annoying.

It wouldn't be a private match. You can do it under the "create room" option.

Wii U version of Injustice doesn't even have that. No private match or create room which is pretty dumb in my opinion. It doesn't have the same online features as 360/PS3 versions.

Sephzilla

I hate fighting Deathstroke in lag, in fact, I just hate fighting that character in general.

Even though I beat a lot of them, he just is so annoying.

Yeah, Deathstroke is just annoying because if you start beating him up early then every single player does the exact same thing - stay back and shoot.

Top Bottom