• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Injustice: Gods Among Us |OT| With Super Friends Like These, Who Needs Enemies?

Khezu

A parry. The button by itself is a mid/high parry. Down+gimmick is a low parry. Every parry he earns a "HA!" in a HA HA HA meter. Each HA makes his movement faster for a maximum of 3 HAs.

How long do the HA's last for? Can he parry projectiles?

Aren't there rights/licensing issues with Static Shock? I'd imagine that'd be reason for DC and Netherealm to avoid the character.

New52 had a Static Shock series for a few issues before it was cancelled, and he was a semi-big character in the 2nd season of Young Justice so if there is a licensing issue I dont know what it'd be.

New52 had a Static Shock series for a few issues before it was cancelled, and he was a semi-big character in the 2nd season of Young Justice so if there is a licensing issue I dont know what it'd be.

This is from October last year.

When asked whether there was a chance of seeing Static Shock in "Teen Titans,” Lobdell replied, “Nothing would make me happier.” However, he said "legal issues" prevent the character from joining the title.

It's possible the rights for the Milestone characters have reverted back to McDuffie's heirs.

EDIT: There's also this from Derek Dingle, one of the Milestone founders.

The deal that the Milestone founders have with DC Animation is totally separate from the publishing rights.

Khezu

Well I can say one thing about the online, if this was MK9, this King of the Hill would have been disconnected at least 20 times by now, so that's an improvement lol.

RazOmari

I saw the cover and was interested in this game. However it looks like it is just a DC Comics Street Figher 1x1?

Yes, it's a fighting game with characters from DC Comics, made from the fine folks who brought you Mortal Kombat. There is a wealth of information in the first post of this thread.

The Light

People were really just spoiling the injustice story a few matches ago in the chat lol. I don't think many people would have caught on though.

On another note nightwing has earned his way back up on the list of characters to try first.

The Light

I probably won't have the game until a month from now. Finals coming up so have to get ready for that study grind.

What's the deal with the costumes? There are some that are not DLC?
I think some are unlocked in game and others through that ios game, but im not sure maybe someone else can clarify.

Krackatoa

Undah da sea
Undah da sea!
Mullets are bettah
Down where it's wettah
Yo you so free!
On X Box Live you're free all day.
My low confirms make you so fray.
While we are rollin'
Scrubs all day moanin'
Undah da sea!

A Pretty Panda

fuckin' called it, man
They've had games be part of the line up that came out around this time before.

I'm not sure why it's not there. Out of the two NRS games I'd expect the new one to be there.

Khezu

That, and for a bit, Injustice was looking like it was catering a bit too hard to the casual audience(wager, stage hazards, long supers, stage transitions).

SFxT falling on its face like it did probably didn't help.

I think most of the MK community at this point would rather have Injustice there.

Edit: Flash driving that motorcycle is never not going to make me laugh.

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
Yeah, I distinctly recall MK releasing around the same time and making it. A damn shame as it seems very fun to watch, and I have no intention of watching sfxt.

Wallach

Yeah, I distinctly recall MK releasing around the same time and making it. A damn shame as it seems very fun to watch, and I have no intention of watching sfxt.

Yeah, I think that was what they said about it but MK definitely came out at almost the same time of the year. Maybe it was just harder this year since they're trying to run so many games so stuff had to be sorted out even earlier than before.

Will it be at da beach?

Bit more info on Alt costumes (probably known by now)

Every characters Alt(Regime or Insurgency) is unlocked with a In game purchase using an armor key. Not exactly sure how these are rewarded. 24 purchasable alts 1 for each character,

The alts outside of that are unlocked via S.T.A.Rs Labs. For example New52 Captain Marvel comes from completing Captain Marvel's 10 challenges.

Outside of all this is the preorder/vote/season pass costumes which we can only assume will all be DLC at a later date.

It seems that the iOS secret unlock is in fact Godfall Superman. Which means that Prison Superman could be the S.T.A.Rs Lab unlock for him or like some of the other characters he doesn't have a unlock and its the final super secret unlock for 720 stars.

Santar

The opening cinematic has been released.
Gotta say, that scene was handeled a lot better in the comic book, here it just seems awkward and stilted. And looks like they had some ps2 cop models leftovers at the start :p

Top Bottom