• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Injustice: Gods Among Us |OT| With Super Friends Like These, Who Needs Enemies?

Dude Abides

Banned
I am really torn as to which platform to get this on. My understanding is the 360 has better AA, and I suspect that I'll have an easier time finding a match with manageable lag on Live than on PSN in the US. But the 360 pad sucks balls, and while I have a Hori Ex 2, I played MK on the DS3 due to the nature of the inputs and found it much easier to pull off moves than I ever was able to in SF4 using my stick. Not sure how well my stick would work with MK style inputs. I guess I could get that transforming 360 controller for $50. Thoughts?.

TDLink

I am really torn as to which platform to get this on. My understanding is the 360 has better AA, and I suspect that I'll have an easier time finding a match with manageable lag on Live than on PSN in the US. But the 360 pad sucks balls, and while I have a Hori Ex 2, I played MK on the DS3 due to the nature of the inputs and found it much easier to pull off moves than I ever was able to in SF4 using my stick. Not sure how well my stick would work with MK style inputs. I guess I could get that transforming 360 controller for $50. Thoughts?.

You can switch to SF-style inputs in this game if you don't want to deal with the MK ones.

I'm personally getting this on PS3...I think a lot of others here on GAF are also.

RS4-

re: SF motions, here's an example.

MK motion of back to forward (46) is half circle forward (41236) if you use the SF option.

I haven't had a chance to do the STAR Labs thing, just the first ten which were Superman related. I didn't pay attention to what else it unlocked though. I do have all the secondary costumes for each character that were unlocked with uhh, vault keys.

I'm not 100% sure how I unlocked the third Nightwing one though (new 52 I believe). I didn't do the story or any battles.

AEREC

Im in the same dilemma here...Ill play the PS3 version and be like "that looks fine, Ill just get it for the PS3," then I go and play the 360 demo and it just looks so much cleaner in image quality.

The PS3 controller is far superior for these types of fighters. I also have a HRAP pro for the 360 but I kinda hate setting it up everytime time I want to play a game for a few minutes and I dont have the ambition to be real competitive in fighting games...so Im sure I would just stick with the pad.

Online's not really a factor either since Ill have a shitty internet connection for the next few months and dont plan on even bothering with online play.

It looks like the 360 version is selling slightly more than the PS3 version...at least according to amazon.

Dude Abides

Banned
You can switch to SF-style inputs in this game if you don't want to deal with the MK ones.

I'm personally getting this on PS3...I think a lot of others here on GAF are also.

I do want to use the MK inputs. I think they are easier. I suspect a pad is better for them than my entry level stick would be.

My pros for the 360 version are the purportedly better AA and my suspicion that overall in the US there will be more people playing on Live, but I don't have a suitable Dpad, just the Hori.

shaowebb

What stream?

Arturo's stream i'm guessing.

Arturo's streams are archived, just go to past broadcasts.

ARTURO STREAM ARCHIVE

Stuff is golden. I think CD jr even showed up to rock Killer Frost during this. Enjoy folks. 6 hours of pure gold.

3hr7 minute mark has some goooood Aquaman btw. I like his full screen game and his gimmick that makes him slippery so he can block after the first hit in any combo to fall out is awesome. Small combos so far, but his tick game is beautiful.

Also this is just wrong. He does it to everyone, but oh maaaaaaan its wrong vs Cyborg.

3ZykAY4.jpg

f9IxNmu.gif

V_Arnold

How can I unlock Arrow skin/voice for Green Arrow?

And if I really cant now, I will throw this garbage I call a modern console out of the fucking window and RAGE for weeks like Yoshi would do at his best.

For WEEKS, man.

Help me!

NEO0MJ

And if I really cant now, I will throw this garbage I call a modern console out of the fucking window and RAGE for weeks like Yoshi would do at his best.

For WEEKS, man.

Help me!

You can't sorry =(

Still, you can always hope that someone has an extra code and is willing to share.

Gleethor

For WEEKS, man.

Help me!

I've got a ps3 code that I might not end up using if the Wii U gets dlc.

RS4-

Is everyone using the default button config?

On stick its awkward, I've been trying to find one that is comfortable.

Light - Medium - Interact - Throw (?)
Heavy - Trait - Burn - Stance (?)

If I go LMH, then throwing becomes awkward to push L & H to throw. If I stick with default, hitting HMB or Burn and Stance to super is also weird. I don't need a dedicated Interact button since LM works.

Using the burn in general just feels weird.

Error

Jealous of the Glory that is Johnny Depp
is the final game going to be more responsive than the demo? In the demo it was pretty hard to link together moves for longer combos, or maybe I was just shit but I remember linking up moves+combos fairly easily in the latest MK.

fader

Man. I was not planning on buying this game since I always hated Mortal Kombat but after watching Dragongod and Sabin play, this game looks dope...

Does anyone have a good reason why interactables and transitions should remain in use in competition? The former seems very easy to abuse and the latter takes too long.

TDLink

Does anyone have a good reason why interactables and transitions should remain in use in competition? The former seems very easy to abuse and the latter takes too long.

Because they are part of what makes the game new, different, and unique? Fighters don't need to be homogenized and all alike, otherwise what is the point of even having different ones? The timer also freezes during transitions so I don't see how it "takes too long".

A Pretty Panda

fuckin' called it, man
On stick its awkward, I've been trying to find one that is comfortable.

Light - Medium - Interact - Throw (?)
Heavy - Trait - Burn - Stance (?)

If I go LMH, then throwing becomes awkward to push L & H to throw.

That's the problem on pad too. Change it to regular LMH across the top and you fuck up grabs. I'll go with default for as long as I can. If not I'll change it to marvel and move grabs to R1 cause I'm used to hitting that for Smash I guess.

Anyone now which buttons are actually necessary and not like macros?

My guess is Transitions will be turned off during competitive play, but interactables add an additional layer of gameplay to the game that sets in apart from others. You are essentially arguing "Hey, why aren't Special moves turned off during competitive play?" because in my opinion, thats what interactables serve as. Character extensions beyond their set moves list that change depending on what arena you are on. There are some great combo opportunities with interactables turned on as well.

Deps

I'm fine with interactables, but stage transitions need to be turned off. They take way too long and the animation puts me to sleep, they're only interesting the first time you see them.

Lost Fragment

Obsessed with 4chan
Talk of banning transitions/interactables is pretty dumb at this point. Nobody has much to base any arguments on either way.

I'm fine with interactables, but stage transitions need to be turned off. They take way too long and the animation puts me to sleep, they're only interesting the first time you see them.

Ban transitions to make more time for Tekken 3/5s.

Transitions need to stay. They add depth since the b+3 is unclashable. When you go for them you're giving up your corner advantage to do big unclashable damage. It's good.

AKingNamedPaul

I am Homie
How are interactables easy to abuse exactly? I think it adds a layer of stage awareness to the gameplay and it just looks cool as hell. A lot of them are one time use and avoidable.

If interactables are on, transitions have to be on, because changing what interactables you have access to by changing the stage is a part of using them.

A Pretty Panda

fuckin' called it, man
I thought the general philosophy was always "play as close to default as possible and only ban shit that's clearly broken/dumb".

If they'll become a problem they'll be gone. Right now the game isn't even out so wtf

Top Bottom