• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Injustice: Gods Among Us |OT| With Super Friends Like These, Who Needs Enemies?

Caspel

Business & Marketing Manager @ GungHo
Black Manta (Aquaman) and Gorilla Grodd (Flash) are my guesses for the villains.

Other villains I would guess: Atrocitus (GL), Mirror Master (Flash), or Captain Cold (Flash).

Then the two good guys will be Martian Manhunter and whoever wins this poll probably (hopefully Dr Fate, Static, or Zatanna).

Atrocious would be redundant with Sinestro based on the question.

Ryce

All Killer Frost has going for her is that she's the "ice character," so including Captain Cold would make her seem like an even bigger waste of a roster space. I'd avatar bet that we'd either get Professor Zoom or no Flash villain at all in the second wave of DLC. Maybe Grodd, but Grundy already does a lot of what I'd expect to see in a Grodd move set (chain throws, etc.).

Really, the only villains I could see being marketable enough as DLC are:

Atrocitus
Black Manta
Darkseid
Gorilla Grodd
Poison Ivy
Professor Zoom
Ra's al Ghul

Anyone else would shock me.

But Captain Cold is related to Flash, as Black Manta is to Aquaman. :p

Need more variety in franchises.

Deadshot? His model is already in the game, is relatively well known and doesn't represent a specific franchise.

Amazo? Cheshire? OMAC? I'm not sure that these villains are deserving of a character slot before reps from Aquaman and Flash's rogue galleries. Even another Green Lantern villain isn't unwarranted, given the popularity of that franchise. Cheetah or Circe might be welcome additions as well.

TDLink

All Killer Frost has going for her is that she's the "ice character," so including Captain Cold would make her seem like an even bigger waste of a roster space. I'd avatar bet that we'd either get Professor Zoom or no Flash villain at all in the second wave of DLC.

The only villains I could see being marketable enough as DLC are:

Atrocitus
Black Manta
Darkseid
Gorilla Grodd
Poison Ivy
Professor Zoom
Ra's al Ghul

Yeah I pretty much agree with this. Black Manta is my top choice from those.

Oh, something that is completely unrepresented otherwise? Like Killer Frost? Well...uh...there really aren't any good (and/or marketable) choices. Most of the well known villains belong to a franchise already represented in the game.

I guess some that could be possible would be:

Eclipso (The Spectre)
Doctor Light (JSA/Dr. Mid-Nite)
Sportsmaster (JSA/Wildcat)

I wouldn't think any of those 3 likely over the others listed above though...it is pretty hard to think of villains not connected to franchises already in the game.

Caspel

To answer your question, here are a handful:

Despero
Prometheus
Brother Night
Dr. Light
Doctor Destiny
Felix Faust
Harm
King Shark
Black Beetle

All Killer Frost has going for her is that she's the "ice character," so including Captain Cold would make her seem like an even bigger waste of a roster space. I'd avatar bet that we'd either get Professor Zoom or no Flash villain at all in the second wave of DLC. Maybe Grodd, but Grundy already does a lot of what I'd expect to see in a Grodd move set (chain throws, etc.).

Really, the only villains I could see being marketable enough as DLC are:

Atrocitus
Black Manta
Darkseid
Gorilla Grodd
Poison Ivy
Professor Zoom
Ra's al Ghul

Anyone else would shock me.

I'd also add Cheetah and Circe to that list. If Superman will potentially have two villains, it's likely Wonder Woman will as well. It avoids having to include another Batman rep in Poison Ivy. There are equal number of female characters on either side. Based on Batgirl's addition, it seems reasonable to assume a female villain will feature in another Season Pass.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
It's like Soulfist and hidden missiles together.

I've been saying he's one of the best characters in the game :lol He's fucking stupid. He can kill you with out ever hitting you once. I play Killer Frost though so I dont really have to worry about it.

And best of all, this isn't even as fast as Cyborg can do all this shit, it's coming out a bit slower cause online.

To answer your question, here are a handful:

Despero
Prometheus
Brother Night
Black Manta (Black Aqua Lad)
Dr. Light
Doctor Destiny
Felix Faust
Harm
Big Barda
King Shark
Black Beetle

Just add Eclipso, The Ray, Darkseid & The Spectre.. and you've got my most wanted game ever.

EDIT:
Arturo getting mauled by Alioune's Cyborg
http://www.twitch.tv/nycfurby/new/

This. Fucking. Character.

SOUL BORG or MORRIBORG, the difference doens't matter much.

FlyFaster

I didn't get this game but I would really like for it to come to red box. I'd like to give it a spin. Not a big DC fan but ever since Batman:Arkham City I've given at least Bats a chance. Hope you guys are enjoying it! It looks pretty cool.

Ryce

I'd also add Cheetah and Circe to that list. If Superman will potentially have two villains, it's likely Wonder Woman will as well. It avoids having to include another Batman rep in Poison Ivy. There are equal number of female characters on either side. Based on Batgirl's addition, it seems reasonable to assume a female villain will feature in another Season Pass.
In terms of a fighting game move set, there isn't much Cheetah could do that Catwoman doesn't already have. It's not like Batgirl where she uses gadgets left out of Batman's move set; Cheetah literally fights using only her claws. I guess she could also bite, but that's still pretty boring. Circe is way too inconsequential to be sold as standalone DLC -- there just isn't any excitement for her. Lobo's a fan favorite with a cult following, Batgirl's very mainstream, Scorpion has legions of MK fans, and Zod's in the Man of Steel movie; Circe's just an obscure DC character at best. I think the inclusion of Ares, of all characters, shows how far NetherRealm had to dig to come up with a decent Wonder Woman villain.

Caspel

Yeah I pretty much agree with this. Black Manta is my top choice from those.

Oh, something that is completely unrepresented otherwise? Like Killer Frost? Well...uh...there really aren't any good (and/or marketable) choices. Most of the well known villains belong to a franchise already represented in the game.

I guess some that could be possible would be:

Eclipso (The Spectre)
Doctor Light (JSA/Dr. Mid-Nite)
Sportsmaster (JSA/Wildcat)

I wouldn't think any of those 3 likely over the others listed above though...it is pretty hard to think of villains not connected to franchises already in the game.

Here are few other decent villains that aren't tied specifically to any hero/villain series already in the game: Count Vertigo, Bronze Tiger, Lady Styx, Blackfire, and Monarch

Man, Green Lantern really controls the start of the match. I play green arrow, and he has low combo starter that can reach for a combo, lift for a combo that reaches, or the unblockable interactables with a jump if he gets his stages. Huge guessing game vs him, guess its best to just back dash.

J-Tier

Here are few other decent villains that aren't tied specifically to any hero/villain series already in the game: Count Vertigo, Bronze Tiger, Lady Styx, Blackfire, and Monarch

I guess Queen Bee could be interesting too, and maybe Emerald Empress, enemy of the Legion of Super Heroes. Would be cool to see that giant floating eyeball.

Khezu

I still really want Carol to make it into the game, shes a villain, a female, and she has very flashy powers, all the things people want right now.
I4qrLT5.jpg

DRE Fei

People will continue to get better with zoning characters in this game as time goes on. You guys better have a pocket Raven to counter that shit.

Batgirl looks like she might blow up zoners too.

Guys, I don't exactly think its very useful...

But Hawkgirl can take projectiles (meaning taking no damage) by doing Wing Evade at the perfect time. I found this out on accident , online fighting my friends Raven.

Caspel

Having accepted that Zod and Scorpion are forthcoming, I now focus on wishing for a second round of four DLC characters.

Taking into consideration that WB may want to loop in a cross-promotion (e.g. Man of Steel Zod DLC), the only two major promotions would be Infinite Crisis and Batman: Arkham Origins. The two characters (announced thus far) from Infinite Crisis that isn't in Injustice are Zatanna and Poison Ivy; from Origins: Black Mask (and Penguin if we are specifically talking about playable). I don't see Black Mask being an option for the game.

If I had it my way: Zatanna & Martian Manhunter / Black Manta & Despero would be the most rounded selection for play styles.

I'd like more grapple-heavy power characters. I wouldn't mind Mongul, Darkseid, Black Beetle (gadget/grappler mix), King Shark or Gorilla Grodd taking Despero's slot either. I'm not a fan of Bane, so that leaves me between Grundy or Doomsday. I've been using Doomsday the most of the three.

Sure, Darkseid would be great, but I don't see him making the game. There have been no hints to my knowledge of him making it in besides his cameo in a non-playable role. Red Hood and Poison Ivy both have a better chance than Darkseid for playable. Black Manta & Despero don't have great chances either, but I'd rather play as those two more than Darkseid, especially since they both aren't from the Superman and Batman rogues gallery. The villains are the hardest to gauge. When Killer Frost and Ares make it into the game from left field then anything goes!

people complaining about Bat characters, fail to realize just how popular they are.

Wonder Woman #15 -- 41,641
Wonder Woman #16 -- 40,105
Wonder Woman #17 -- 39,110
Wonder Woman #18 -- 38,406

Batgirl #15 -- 75,341
Batgirl #16 -- 72,470
Batgirl #17 -- 65,751
Batgirl #18 -- 51,677

last month was the first in a while that someone like Wonder Woman beat her.

J-Tier

people complaining about Bat characters, you fail to realize just how popular they are.

I'm sure quite a few of us realize that.

We--I want DC to take more risks like Marvel and market their lesser known characters. It's their own incompetence that's holding the other franchises back.

We--I want DC to take more risks like Marvel and market their lesser known characters. It's their own incompetence that's holding the other franchises back.

Yes I agree with that,
its a good choice from NetherRealm, DC is the problem.
im waiting for Batgirl to fall below Cass numbers

anyway on topic I think Batgirl looks alot more fun than Batman at least.

Khezu

Risks are fine, but there not going to do it with DLC, if you want obscure characters, they have to come in the base game.

Each DLC character has to sell on there own, so taking risks is really not worth it, because no one would pay 5 dollars for Gorrila Grodd.

J-Tier

Risks are fine, but there not going to do it with DLC, if you want obscure characters, they have to come in the base game.

Each DLC character has to sell on there own, so taking risks is really not worth it, because no one would pay 5 dollars for Gorrila Grodd.

That's why the season's pass model exist. You have three big names and one obscure and what difference does it make?

EDIT: Or one Batman character and three obscure. Works either way.

Khezu

That's why the season's pass model exist. You have three big names and one obscure and what difference does it make?

EDIT: Or one Batman character and three obscure. Works either way.

Ya, that's what they did, 3 well knowns, Batgirl, Zod, and Scorpion, and one obscure/terrible character Lobo.

Same thing they did with MK9.

J-Tier

Just saying, Iron Man was a nobody before RDJ. Thor was a huge gamble and is now a popular franchise. Antman and Guardians of the Galaxy are strait up obscure but happening.

When the studio head of your competitor is giving you advice on how to be successful, then you must be doing something wrong.

You're saying risks shouldn't be taken, and they should play it safe. I don't think that's something worth defending.

I thought I read somewhere that his popularity boomed cause of Marvel, but yea sure.

Oh ok. Marvel 2 maybe, but those risks were just bad choices.

Well of course it has. Shuma-Gorath is in like 10 comics. Any sort of mainstream-ish appearance will do great to his audience, which is apparently just a couple of higher ups at Capcom.

Top Bottom