• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Injustice: Gods Among Us |OT| With Super Friends Like These, Who Needs Enemies?

Village

marvels roster was based on marketing not risks

shuma gorath
Sentinel

Otherwise yeah

Marvel marketing is taking risks. They are embracing their weird, and it i working. Do you know there are Nova fans now, I was like one of 50 people who knew who the hell he was a few years go , BAM. Nova fans.

tim1138

I still really want Carol to make it into the game, shes a villain, a female, and she has very flashy powers, all the things people want right now.

I'd love to see Carol (or any Star Sapphire), but she hasn't been a villain for a looong time.

NEO0MJ

shuma gorath
Sentinel

Otherwise yeah

Marvel marketing is taking risks. They are embracing their weird, and it i working. Do you know there are Nova fans now, I was like one of 50 people who knew who the hell he was a few years go , BAM. Nova fans.

Shuma and Sentinel felt like gifts to Capcom in my opinion, especially considering that they let them use Capcom's version of sentinel rather than the original design.

Also, I'm pretty sure Marvel demanded that Nova and R. Raccoon be added, considering how they're pushing both Nova and GOTG pretty hard now.

Village

Shuma and Sentinel felt like gifts to Capcom in my opinion, especially considering that they let them use Capcom's version of sentinel rather than the original design.

Also, I'm pretty sure Marvel demanded that Nova and R. Raccoon be added, considering how they're pushing both Nova and GOTG pretty hard now.

Speaking of gifts to capcom
Letting Deadpool say,

" where Yo Curley mustache at" was gold

That is exactly what I am saying. Now there are nova fans, because that and some other things.

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
Probably old, anyway...

injustice_badgirls_dl0gkib.jpg

badgirlsskinpack_collage.jpg

Dispatch

Yup but some folks hadn't seen Harley in game yet and like I thought she looks perfectly awesome in game in that outfit. Looks great.

It's funny, but seeing Harley in game in her harlequin outfit actually made her feel more like Harley to me. The flirtatious win pose seemed less overtly sexual and more playful and demented. In this case, it really does seem that clothes make the (wo)man.

Kizer

shuma gorath
Sentinel

Otherwise yeah

Don't forget Taskmaster. Umvc3 did wonders for Taskmaster's popularity. We are seeing much more of him in several things because of it.

Just took the game online for the first time (on wii u here) and of course i suck. Anyway, is catwoman the current hotness? I fought two different players, both catwoman, both doing the exact same combo endlessly.

shaowebb

Thought I'd share a little gem for folks struggling against Grundy that was posted over in the Green Arrow boards at TYM.

jimmypotato said:
here is a video my friend STB Charlie murphy made on options for dealing with the 112 string.

Video of how to blow up someone using 112 Pain Train with any character

Its pretty awesome and its universal. As the grab comes out B3 or F3 and jump as well work to go through the grab and punish it. Figured this is gonna come in handy for folks here.

SJRB

Gold Member
Picked up this game last week as a total fighting game amateur, tried to main Black Adam but was having a pretty hard time pulling worthwhile combos.

Switched to Batman yesterday, already having tons more fun. His combos seem easier to pull off and his "stay down.." never gets old.

I just wish there was a way to obtain the New 52 suit, because the default suit looks dreadful.

truly101

I got grudge sucked!
Red Tornado would have been a cool character, and nobody on the roster has his skill set.
I wouldn't be surprised to see Power Girl, since one of her alt costumes would be Super Girl. Two characters for the price of one.

shaowebb

Red Tornado would have been a cool character, and nobody on the roster has his skill set.
I wouldn't be surprised to see Power Girl, since one of her alt costumes would be Super Girl. Two characters for the price of one.

Yeah I kept imagining Red Tornado's trait as a tornado vacuum that would pull you in and then toss you upwards for a free launcher. Something along the range of Lobo's shotgun or shorter with OTG properties. Long cooldown, but oh man it'd be awesome for combos.

Requiem

Picked up Green Lantern and he's mighty fun! He does feel a bit 'easy/beginner' but that's ok for now...

I also love destroying Grundy with my Bane...it's physically satisfying

vg260

Picked up this game last week as a total fighting game amateur, tried to main Black Adam but was having a pretty hard time pulling worthwhile combos.

Switched to Batman yesterday, already having tons more fun. His combos seem easier to pull off and his "stay down.." never gets old.

I just wish there was a way to obtain the New 52 suit, because the default suit looks dreadful.

They should be coming along with the other pre-order stuff eventually.

Batman's weird to me in this game (and was also in MKvsDC). It feels like's kinda missing some of the fun of Batman that the Arkham games conveyed.. Perhaps they gave Batgirl some better Batman moves. I was never a big Superman fan, but he feels like Superman, if that makes sense.

MGrant

Just took the game online for the first time (on wii u here) and of course i suck. Anyway, is catwoman the current hotness? I fought two different players, both catwoman, both doing the exact same combo endlessly.

She's got pretty good mobility and that dash claw attack that crumples on hit, making for really easy combos. Her trait isn't too bad, either, and dat whip. But I tend to see more Green Lanterns spamming lol lift jump jet engine in my experience.

kamicowzi

Banned
I think a female villain that hasn't been mentioned here (not that I noticed) that would be a decent add would be Bleez. She is fairly relevant in the New 52, could fill the Red Lantern role instead of Atrocitus, and the Red Lantern powers are different enough from Hal's and Sinestro's that it would be a different play experience.

I, personally, would like to see another magic character along the lines of Dr. Fate (his new costume in Earth 2 is pretty bitchin') or John Constantine.

Khezu

I think a female villain that hasn't been mentioned here (not that I noticed) that would be a decent add would be Bleez. She is fairly relevant in the New 52, could fill the Red Lantern role instead of Atrocitus, and the Red Lantern powers are different enough from Hal's and Sinestro's that it would be a different play experience.

I, personally, would like to see another magic character along the lines of Dr. Fate (his new costume in Earth 2 is pretty bitchin') or John Constantine.

Bleez could be cool, plus they basically already did that before.
t0Yhmb1.gif

Daingurse

Game needs more females in general. Big Barda? Mega Rod some fools?

Barda.PNG

I'd buy a Seasonpass Round 3 DLC, New Gods pack with Mr. Miracle, Orion, Darkseid and Big Barda. Money NetherRealm.

Only 1 villain, but it's fucking Darkseid who else do you need?

darkseid.jpg

kamicowzi

Banned
Game needs more females in general. Big Barda? Mega Rod some fools?

Barda.PNG

I''d buy a Seasonpass 3 DLC, New Gods pack with Mr. Miracle, Orion, Darkseid and Big Barda. Money NetherRealm.

Only 1 villain, but it's fucking Darkseid who else do you need?

Ohhh....a New Gods pack would be great! Make it two villains...toss Granny Goodness in there for shits and giggles.

Daingurse

Ohhh....a New Gods pack would be great! Make it two villains...toss Granny Goodness in there for shits and giggles.

As long as they got the person who voiced her in DCAU, I wouldn't even be mad. She's creepy as fuck, could see a Super with the Furies dog-piling on someone easy.

SJRB

Gold Member
They should be coming along with the other pre-order stuff eventually.

Batman's weird to me in this game (and was also in MKvsDC). It feels like's kinda missing some of the fun of Batman that the Arkham games conveyed.. Perhaps they gave Batgirl some better Batman moves. I was never a big Superman fan, but he feels like Superman, if that makes sense.

Well judging by the trailer, Batgirl is more 'Batman' than Batman himself.

She is sassy though, haha.

Chindogg

My only problem with having more females in Injustice is that NRS can't design them for shit. They always look super ugly and borderline deformed. I don't know what it is but they just can't design females.

Khezu

My only problem with having more females in Injustice is that NRS can't design them for shit. They always look super ugly and borderline deformed. I don't know what it is but they just can't design females.

I don't know why the females always get singled out, the males look terrible too, everyone in this game is a weird deformed monster.

It's never been a problem until this game, in all the other games, there were only a few character models, male, female, sheeva. In this though, they didn't have to worry about fatalitis, so they made a unique model for everyone, some turned out alright I guess, but some are really bad.

I'm pretty sure it all comes down to Boon not wanting to fire his friends that have been working there since the beginning.

AgentP

Thinks mods influence posters politics. Promoted to QAnon Editor.

Wonder Woman looks like a guy in drag. Why can't they just make her look like a human woman in good shape?

Daingurse

Wonder Woman looks like a guy in drag. Why can't they just make her look like a human woman in good shape?

Yeah Wonder Woman is a bit handsome. When she was giving the speech to the Amazons in story mode, I was like. . .

25296961.jpg

She freaking towered over them hahaha. But hey, she's a beefy gal.

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
I don't know why the females always get singled out, the males look terrible too, everyone in this game is a weird deformed monster.

Because the men, ugly or not, tend to look like men.

The women range from looking okay to looking deformed.

Kizer

I feel like I am the only person who literally doesn't care about the faces. I dunno, I just think that is such a stupid thing to complain about. "I don't find them pretty, this sucks."

I feel like I am the only person who literally doesn't care about the faces. I dunno, I just think that is such a stupid thing to complain about. "I don't find them pretty, this sucks."
For a game that is graphically beautiful, it is especially jarring when looking at some of the characters' face modelling.

GuardianE

Santa May Claus

Aesthetics, art direction, and character design are important in pretty much all forms of entertainment media, including games.

Everyone has a different tolerance level for things like that. I'm positive there's something that you care about that plenty of people couldn't give two shits about.

Khezu

my god if harley and selina arent ugly.

Honestly, outside of Wonder Woman, the rest of the females are completely fine.

90% of the time everyone looks normal and great and w/e, but every once in awhile, you get an awkward angle where the characters just look really weird.

I think the biggest offender in the game though is the facial animations, when Wonder Woman is just standing still making a blank face, she looks good, but when she goes into a super flash and makes a grunting face she looks crazy, or during her intro where she makes this scrunchy face and she looks like a caveman.

There are just a lot little things they need to work on.

Kizer

Aesthetics, art direction, and character design are important in pretty much all forms of entertainment media, including games.

Everyone has a different tolerance level for things like that. I'm positive there's something that you care about that plenty of people couldn't give two shits about.

I am sure there are things I care about that others don't either. Not the point. It just seems like such a dumb argument. Maybe I don't mind as much because there is a lot worse out there in comparison.

have you seen the character designs for dragons crown? Like all of their character designs besides the male wizard are literally repulsive

El Sloth

Banned
There are whole threads of people that disagree with you on Dragon's Crown.

How a character looks can play big parts when people are choosing who they'd like to play as. Choosing an avatar to represent you in game, etc.

Ryce

cviperfan: what about the rage quit glitch and the hero card glitch is it gonna get fix soon ed ?
Ed Boon: Yes! That will be addressed with the Batgirl update!

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
I am sure there are things I care about that others don't either. Not the point. It just seems like such a dumb argument. Maybe I don't mind as much because there is a lot worse out there in comparison.

have you seen the character designs for dragons crown? Like all of their character designs besides the male wizard are literally repulsive

I love the character designs in Dragon's Crown, so I can already tell this conversation will go nowhere. In fact, I find the male wizard the most boring looking thing in the entire game.

There's no dumb argument. No one's arguing anything. People are saying that Wonder Woman in this game is hideous. It's a statement... it's a fact. Maybe something they might want to work on because the source material says otherwise. That's it. I can't think of a single fighting game with more ugly female characters than Netherrealm's. It's a consistent flaw along with horrifically awkward animation. It's not a big deal, but it's something to comment on.

Kizer

I love the character designs in Dragon's Crown, so I can already tell this conversation will go nowhere.

There's no dumb argument. No one's arguing anything. People are saying that Wonder Woman is hideous. It's a statement... it's a fact. Maybe something they might want to work on because the source material says otherwise. That's it. I can't think of a single fighting game with more ugly female characters than Netherrealm's.

I bet you do.

Actually an opinion is not a fact. It's is an option. Since beauty is in the eye of the beholder, I can't really tell you what is ugly or what isn't but I happen to think that all things considered, the game looks really good and they clearly payed most attention to all the things that actually matter. Like gameplay rather than the "attractiveness" of their female cast.

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
I bet you do.

Actually an opinion is not a fact. It's is an option. Since beauty is in the eye of the beholder, I can't really tell you what is ugly or what isn't but I happen to think that all things considered, the game looks really good and they clearly payed most attention to all the things that actually matter. Like gameplay rather than the "attractiveness" of their female cast.

Nice jab, but I actually love the Warrior and Dwarf designs just as much as the Sorceress and Amazon. And the Elf. And the Thief. The game has good art.

Those two things you listed above aren't mutually exclusive, and it's silly to assume that it's an either-or situation when plenty of other fighting games manage to do it just fine. Wonder Woman is just one of many many complaints about ugly things in the game I could talk about. That's just what people are talking about right now.

Anyway, we get it. You don't mind deformed looking characters. Some people do. It's worth talking about, whether you like it or not.

kamicowzi

Banned
Another good (albeit very odd and out of place) character to add: Dex-Starr. I don't know how NRS could pull him off, but that would be a crazy piece of fan service. Just add him to a compatibility pack as a freebie.

Ryce

I can't think of a single fighting game with more ugly female characters than Netherrealm's. It's a consistent flaw along with horrifically awkward animation. It's not a big deal, but it's something to comment on.
...Aren't you the guy who was crying about Injustice making it to Evo over Skullgirls? You clearly don't like the game (I doubt you've played it, either), so I don't know what you're doing in the OT, but whatever.

And for the record, as someone who's been playing fighting games for close to twenty years, Injustice animates really well. And I say that as someone who never enjoyed the Mortal Kombat series. Lobo's one of the best-animated characters I've ever seen in a fighting game.

Top Bottom