• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Injustice: Gods Among Us |OT| With Super Friends Like These, Who Needs Enemies?

J-Tier

I meant as what they could add as part of a DLC pack. Police man Ledger, nurse Ledger, Joker Ledger.

I would prefer The Batman Joker, and that one was kinda whack.

Tb_joker.jpg

Personally not sure how I feel about sticking anything from the Nolan-verse into this game.

Ryce

Can we take something out of this?
Not directly, no, but I'm willing to bet that Martian Manhunter will headline a second wave of downloadable characters based on the countless hints and references made over the last few months. I don't think I have some superhuman ability to read between the lines, but it's easy for me to infer which of Boon's Tweets are jokes and which are legitimate -- I've never felt misled or "betrayed" by him, though I know there are people who have. With that said, all of the MMH stuff strikes me as sincere.

NRS used Comic-Con 2011 as their big venue to announce the Freddy Krueger DLC; I think they'll use this year's Comic-Con to announce Martian Manhunter as the first character from a new set of four.

vg260

Those are my expectations as well, although I still feel there should not be any MK characters in here, DLC or not.

J-Tier

I wonder how the tourney scene for this game will be like. It's got both Capcom and MK players, and I feel like the fighting game fundamentals and philosophies are different enough between the two groups that the top players for Injustice will be a bit of a toss up.

Though I feel like the predominant Capcom guys like ChrisG will have the edge...

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
I wonder how the tourney scene for this game will be like. It's got both Capcom and MK players, and I feel like the fighting game fundamentals and philosophies are different enough between the two groups that the top players for Injustice will be a bit of a toss up.

Though I feel like the predominant Capcom guys like ChrisG will have the edge...

Injustice is more Capcom-friendly than Mortal Kombat, and the game is still fresh. Justin Wong won the first MK tournament sponsored by PDP way back when.

Khezu

New issue of the comic was interesting, much better then last weeks.

Black Lightning, Huntress, Batwoman, Black Canary, and Captain Atom show up.
They all have very NRS inspired designs.

Ryce

That would be fucking sweet. If Bat-Mite popped in and out over his shoulder I'd pay 5 dollars. 5 dollars! And I don't even play Batman in the game.
The one thing I dislike about NetherRealm is that they tend to avoid wacky and/or small characters. I just know a Capcom DC fighter would have Bat-Mite or Mxyzptlk as a playable character.

J-Tier

The one thing I dislike about NetherRealm is that they tend to avoid wacky and/or small characters. I just know a Capcom DC fighter would have Bat-Mite or Mxyzptlk as a playable character.

Yeah, they try to be too serious. That's why I like Green Arrow (and I suppose Harley to a degree) in this game as he's really the only light-hearted character.

It's why I want to see Booster Gold or Plasticman though. Someone to lighten up the mood a bit.

MK players will take the game more serious and body the Capcom players. That's how it's going now.

J-Tier

Just like MK you'll see them in early majors in the top 16 but their main focus will be Marvel/SF4. This is a MK players game.

Not sure if we can use MK9 as a frame of reference. Injustice has mechanics that are definitely more Capcom-fighter-friendly, so I don't think it will be as black and white.

J-Tier

It doesn't matter if they're not going to play the game as much as us.

There's no way we can make that call.

Is it probable? Sure. But the allegiances to playing a game isn't based solely on the company that made it.

Factors are:

Viewership popularity.
Money.
"Hype".
Personal enjoyment.

etc.

MK9 was quickly shunned by Capcom players, I can easily see why as I never bothered to adapt to it myself. On the other hand, Injustice's future is much more in the dark, it can go either way.

tim1138

Are there any other costumes could possibly get in the future? New 52 is the only one I can think off the top of my head.

New 52, Kingdom Come, Blackest Night, more Flashpoint, Golden Age/Silver Age/classic (depending on the character), more Elseworlds, multiverse (Crime Syndicate for example), etc., etc.. Really they could mine most of the major events and stories for alt costumes.

J-Tier

New 52, Kingdom Come, Blackest Night, more Flashpoint, Golden Age/Silver Age/classic (depending on the character), more Elseworlds, multiverse (Crime Syndicate for example), etc., etc.. Really they could mine most of the major events and stories for alt costumes.

Earth-2 also has some decent alts.

Also, Golden Age Catwoman lol.

There's no way we can make that call.

Is it probable? Sure. But the allegiances to playing a game isn't based solely on the company that made it.

Factors are:

Viewership popularity.
Money.
"Hype".
Personal enjoyment.

etc.

MK9 was quickly shunned by Capcom players, I can easily see why as I never bothered to adapt to it myself. On the other hand, Injustice's future is much more in the dark, it can go either way.

Well so far they're not doing well. Chris G has already lost to REO, Brady and CD Jr and he's the best hope. Capcom vs. MK community isn't very hype now unless they step up.

To me the most hype thing about Injustice now is UFGT. That is the first true tournament. So far it's been a bunch of locals and regionals and we haven't seen the different top MK scenes play each other. EVERYONE is coming to UFGT. West Coast(Tyrant, Wound Cowboy, MIT/DJT), South(Pig of the Hut), East Coast(REO and Brady), and Midwest will be there(GGA and Perfect Legend).

GGA has been training hard and I'm very confident in us...but it's the wild west now. Anything can happen.

Archon473

That's a bold call lol. Lets see how EVO and other tourneys play out. I'm genuinely curious.

Capcom players are quick to grasp any fighting game because of their fundamentals, but in my opinion they have been slow to grasp the concepts of Injustice. The players who have shown strongest playing to the strengths of the Injustice system are REO, Tom Brady and Perfect Legend. These three are godlike MK9 players but more importantly, they are intelligent fighting game players, focusing on both 2D and 3D games (REO plays Third Strike, Tom Brady plays Tekken and PL plays DOA and SFIV). As far as tournament footage I've seen, it's been from Next Level, Civil War, and Toryuken streams. There are guys, testers even, who have not hit full potential with their characters or within Injustice's system. I'm not saying they will not, I'm simply saying they have not yet. Arturo admits he hasn't, but he plays three characters in Injustice and a ton of other fighting games. It's okay for a particular player to not be at their peak playing this game, but it is the truth.

I haven't seen offline footage of any Midwest/West Coast players since the demo so I can't judge those guys. Players seem to be on the right track investigating their characters but I'm surprised so few players are so far along. With how much Injustice rewards traditional fighting game fundamentals thanks to directional blocking and how convenient it is to study with the inclusion of frame data, it's a shame people are so stuck on building combos. I see many players failing to poke correctly, spending meter wastefully and failing to punish correctly. Capcom players will need to learn to manipulate Injustice's system and MK9 players need to learn how to move and defend with directional blocking.

Grimsen

Grouping Marvel and SF players under ''Capcom'' is a very broad generalization.

Hopefully Injustice branches out and get its own following, and then we can get away from this MK vs SF fans nonsense.

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
Given that the game has almost been out a month, how are people feeling about interactibles?

I personally really like them, but I don't like watchtower with the frequent respawning flying bots. A zoner on the right side of the screen can be a nightmare to fight when they get positioned well.

Zephyrus

Banned
Given that the game has almost been out a month, how are people feeling about interactibles?

I personally really like them, but I don't like watchtower with the frequent respawning flying bots. A zoner on the right side of the screen can be a nightmare to fight when they get positioned well.

I feel they're fine except respawning ones and the pig

TDLink

I really like them and feel they add a lot. Only ones that aren't great are the endlessly respawning robots in Watchtower, Hall of Justice (outside), and Metropolis (Rooftop). They should really decrease the spawn rate on those, at least.

All the rest that you can use multiple times (missiles in Ferris or Batmobile in Batcave, for example) have sufficient cooldowns.

The pig is fine because you need to actually bring the battle there in order to take advantage of it. If you don't want to deal with it don't go there and don't let the opponent lead you there. Map awareness is just another part of this game as that applies to every interactable in every stage as well as transition spots.

Don't like them at all, even though they have gotten me out of a few hairy situations. I'd be okay with them if you could only use them once. Stages like Watchtower can get really annoying. Try to pick stages with as few interactibles as possible.

Khezu

I really fucking hate that giant turbine on the left side of ferris.

Offline its pretty easy to MBDC it and get a punish, but online is a different story.

Top Bottom