• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Injustice: Gods Among Us |OT| With Super Friends Like These, Who Needs Enemies?

Lost Fragment

Obsessed with 4chan
MK players will take the game more serious and body the Capcom players. That's how it's going now.

Yeah that's how it'll go down imo. Chris G will be a threat, but will probably be a guy you expect to place top 8 and not be a guy you expect to place top 3 every tournament.

Grecco

MK players will take the game more serious and body the Capcom players. That's how it's going now.

With how SF XT essentially died i could see capcom players lasting longer with injustice now that its an evo game

anyways anybody have superman bnbs i can use :/

shaowebb

Aw yeah.
Injustice sold 424k units in April and it released on the 16th meaning it moved 424,000 units in just 15 days. UMVC3 Had a November launch when it came out and it took it all the way till February to move 600k.

These are some awesome numbers for a fighter and apparently the numbers are so good its already been stated that it warrants sequels. Pure profit machine.

This is great news...ESPECIALLY WITH MARVEL NOW HAVING GAMES DONE BY WB OWNED STUDIOS AHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!

This is great news...ESPECIALLY WITH MARVEL NOW HAVING GAMES DONE BY WB OWNED STUDIOS AHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!

I've been meaning since the last time the topic came up in this thread to say, we should sit down and theorycraft some movesets for Marvel characters in the Injustice engine. It would be pretty fun.

shaowebb

I've been meaning since the last time the topic came up in this thread to say, we should sit down and theorycraft some movesets for Marvel characters in the Injustice engine. It would be pretty fun.

Iron Fist=Johnny Cage with Bane boosts and Flash style dash up full screen punishes.

Kizer

Spider-Man's character power would be like Flash's. There. That's all I got.

I see it being an auto dodge to replicate his spider-senses. It would be difficult to balance, but I see no other way to use his spider-senses in game.

Holy shit, Nightwing is a blast to play, gonna try and work on him as a second character. So much different from Adam.

Also I want more magic characters and a red lantern. Vice or Atrocitus. Just would be a nice change from the construct happy lanterns.

I really like them and feel they add a lot. Only ones that aren't great are the endlessly respawning robots in Watchtower, Hall of Justice (outside), and Metropolis (Rooftop). They should really decrease the spawn rate on those, at least.
This. The worst part about Watchtower isn't even that it respawns constantly, but that it respawns on the SAME side. I've noticed some people zoning from right side and abusing the hell out of the robot.

I'm not a big destructible fan though. I almost always pick Atlantis as Adam.

EDIT: But as you said, most of them are easily avoided and predictable.

I see it being an auto dodge to replicate his spider-senses. It would be difficult to balance, but I see no other way to use his spider-senses in game.

Maybe have the trait button act as a taunt button, and after taunting X number of times to charge the trait you can unleash it for a short period of auto-dodging.

El Sloth

Banned
Watchtower has already been banned by my friends because I kept abusing the robot lol
Could just have it be a parry like Joker's.

Ryce

I guess we're getting Red Son Batman eventually:
SHH: I know already that DLC was announced that's based upon Superman: Red Son, which adorns Superman and Wonder Woman with that book's design. But why no Batmankoff?
Hector Sanchez: No worries. You'll see him eventually. We have a TON of new extras coming down the pipeline.
That's from an old interview I've never seen before.

SuperBonk

I really fucking hate that giant turbine on the left side of ferris.

Offline its pretty easy to MBDC it and get a punish, but online is a different story.

I believe it's a high. You can duck it.

And yeah, I really do not like the infinitely respawning interactables.

Pig is fine unless Ares is involved.

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
I honestly love the pig, shit is hilarious. But yeah, Ares is able to exploit that waaaay too easily with teleport.

I really fucking hate that giant turbine on the left side of ferris.

Offline its pretty easy to MBDC it and get a punish, but online is a different story.

Pretty much, faced a few deathstrokes that pick that stage everytime and zone from beside the turbine. I think they need to balance some of the interactables.

Only in the United States, too.

Yep great sales. Capcom has a few things they should learn from NRS because they are kicking their ass on the sales front.

strobogo

Banned
Now that I'm unlocking the concept art, I can't believe how most of the characters actually looked WORSE in concept. I thought they were as ugly as can be in the game, but the first drafts are even uglier. Who the fuck designed these characters and why did DC allow it?

Grimsen

I dunno, I find most outfits look pretty good. Player 2 not having drastic color changes for 99% of the outfits sucks, but it's a NRS staple by now. :/

Marz

Aw yeah.
Injustice sold 424k units in April and it released on the 16th meaning it moved 424,000 units in just 15 days. UMVC3 Had a November launch when it came out and it took it all the way till February to move 600k.

These are some awesome numbers for a fighter and apparently the numbers are so good its already been stated that it warrants sequels. Pure profit machine.

Why are you comparing Injustice sales with UMvC3? Shouldn't you be comparing them to Vanilla MvC3?

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
The look of everyone has grown on me a lot. Batman is one of the few I still really don't like, but his Flashpoint and Beyond skins are good.

Well, Wonder Woman and Raven are also hideous, but that isn't really the design and more the modeling. I know NRS did the barely change the color thing with MK, but I wonder if DC restricted them in doing it at all here.

kunonabi

I dunno, I find most outfits look pretty good. Player 2 not having drastic color changes for 99% of the outfits sucks, but it's a NRS staple by now. :/

i'm ok with most of them. supes is the only one who doesn't have a single alt that i can tolerate.

BadAss2961

The look of everyone has grown on me a lot. Batman is one of the few I still really don't like, but his Flashpoint and Beyond skins are good.

Well, Wonder Woman and Raven are also hideous, but that isn't really the design and more the modeling.
Batman's Arkham City one is good too. The best conventional Batman in the game.

I just hate how so many good costumes are impossible to get because of all the pre-order exclusives.

TDLink

i'm ok with most of them. supes is the only one who doesn't have a single alt that i can tolerate.

Seriously? Godfall looks really nice in game. I'd even go so far as to say it is the best looking costume you can unlock and not have to have DLC of some sort. Red Son is also super sleek if you have it. He is definitely missing a good more classic costume (other than New 52) but that's about it.

Khezu

Blackest night batman is the best bat skin.

I wish stance canceling combos were more fluid, for WW at least, they feel really awkward.

shaowebb

Yep great sales. Capcom has a few things they should learn from NRS because they are kicking their ass on the sales front.

Mentioned that on the Mahvel-gaf boards. Some salt over me betting that Marvel is jumping ships to WB Studios for games from now on and that NRS will likely get that license, but no one really denies Capcom could learn some stuff on how to market a game towards casuals and that they should develop more single player focused content to make fighters hold more value and lifespan for casuals to draw in their money.

Personally I think not having a roster full of dipshits helps too. Draw folks in with name power not with what you wish they'd start liking in the future. Rocket Raccoon? MODOK? And cmon Capcom you were fapping to yourself with Shuma Gorath expecting Marvel Comics folk would flock to buy Shuma as DLC. They peppered the roster with b listers. Who cares that half of Marvel is mutant? If someone holds name value its money and you should invest in that. You can't tell people to suddenly like Rocket Raccoon by making him take a slot in your game.

And lets be serious here...I was one of the only Iron Fist fans on the boards. I liked his Immortal Iron Fist run, but he usually background fillers or comes across as some kind of dumbass or hippie in cartoons and comics these days. He's written terribly and he wasn't the best draw they could have used.

kyo27

Aw yeah.

Are those numbers official? Seems kinda low to me. MK9 did ~900k and MVC3 did ~700k their first month. And being out just 15 days isn't too big a deal as big new releases are typically frontloaded in terms of sales. If these numbers are true I blame the ugly default Batman costume.

kunonabi

Seriously? Godfall looks really nice in game. I'd even go so far as to say it is the best looking costume you can unlock and not have to have DLC of some sort. Red Son is also super sleek if you have it. He is definitely missing a good more classic costume (other than New 52) but that's about it.

Don't care for godfall at all and Red Son is alright. I just don't really have any interest in playing Soviet Superman though despite enjoying the comic.

KevinCow

Banned

Thor: Basically Hawkgirl with electricity.

Hulk: Doomsday, but green

Khezu

3 Joker skins, all very cool, but I still want Flashpoint Joker.

Though, I guess they could make it a skin for Harley Quinn, would probably fit her better I guess.

I wonder what the chances of a justice society skins pack are?

It'd be cool to have Alan Scott and Jay Garrick skins I think. Maybe a Batman one too.

J-Tier

I wonder what the chances of a justice society skins pack are?

It'd be cool to have Alan Scott and Jay Garrick skins I think. Maybe a Batman one too.
Yup, definitely want Jay Garrick. As for Alan Scott, ideally his constructs would have a flame effect as his powers are magic based.

KevinCow

Banned
Alan Scott and Jay Garrick skins are blindingly obvious. Jay's helmet is even an icon.

So we'll probably get more Batman skins instead.

shaowebb

Skins I'd be all over

first to get it out there for reference I want ANYONE Alex Ross painted an armored alt for in his comic Justice.
NLphcwy.jpg

FLASH
  • Zoom
  • Jay Garrick
  • Impulse

GREEN LANTERN
  • Guy Gardner
  • Simon Baz
  • Alan Scott
  • Kingdom Come Green Lantern Skin
  • Alex Ross "Justice" arrmored Green Lantern
  • White Lantern Kyle Rayner
  • Ion Kyle Rayner
  • Kyle Rayner

SUPERMAN
  • Justice Lords (JLU cartoon)
  • 90's Red/Blue Energy Supermen alts
  • Superman's black outfit from when he came back to life in the 90's
  • Kingdom Come old Superman

BATMAN
  • Knightfall Azrael Batman
  • Tim Burton "Batman Movie" Batman with the yellow logo
  • Dark Knight Returns Batman

WONDER WOMAN
  • Full Armored JUSTICE alt by Alex Ross
  • Wonder Girl
  • Toga outfit from Thamyscirra
  • Superman's Mistress Dress

CYBORG
  • Teen Titans Cartoon show inspired alt
  • Metallo Alt

NIGHTWING
  • Red Robin Alt
  • Tim Drake Robin Alt
  • Booty shorts Dick Grayson Robin
  • Disco Nightwing Teen Titans classic alt

DEATHSTROKE
  • Ravager

GREEN ARROW
  • Speedy
  • Red Arrow
  • JLU alt
  • Smallville alt

HAWKGIRL
  • JLU no helmet alt
  • JUSTICE armored alt by alex ross
  • Hawkman alt

CATWOMAN
  • 90's purple alt
  • Animated series gray alt
  • Michelle Pfeifer stitched up pleather alt.

Xevren

I like that list, I'd add New 52 Green Arrow too (so long as I can have the hood up at least). Azrael batman skin would be neat, though I'd probably just rather him as a new and different character.

vg260

Boon Twitter:
"Rumor has it that Batgirl will be available to download for INJUSTICE next Tuesday. Just sayin' ...."

Top Bottom