• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Injustice: Gods Among Us |OT| With Super Friends Like These, Who Needs Enemies?

Khezu

Which ones are you going for? I gave up trying to do the ones involving her B3, so I'm not breaking 40% but at least I can do some ok ones consistently.

Ya basically anything involving B3.

I just do B113, 23, MBDF1 which costs 1 bar, and only does 31-35 because MBDF1 seems to do random damage in combos for some reason.

Moaradin

I'm having such a hard time against zoners with Harley Quinn. I can beat just about any other characters but Deathstroke and Cyborg give me problems every time.

Ryce

TomBywater1: Only complaint i have is that i would have wanted more than 4.
Ed Boon: How do you know we are doing only 4 ??

Xevren

Ya basically anything involving B3.

I just do B113, 23, MBDF1 which costs 1 bar, and only does 31-35 because MBDF1 seems to do random damage in combos for some reason.

Yea it's known that meter burn lasso gives random damage, it's strange.

I do either B113, B113, 23 x DF1
or low starter 33, B113, 23 x DF1

Only difficult part is the small pause you need on the first one for the second set of b113 to hit, but it's more possible online at least.

Moaradin

But harley is the best zoner in the game how are you having trouble vs other zoners!

Honestly, I don't think Harley is a zoner at all. Her gunshots do so little damage, even if I punish Cyborg's fireball, his chip will do more damage than my gunshot.

I think her rushdown is very good.

strobogo

Banned
I'm enjoying the game play after having a hard time adjusting to the stage interactions, but the story and designs are fucking terrible. Seriously outright ugly designs for pretty much everyone. I do enjoy how over the top the special moves and stage transitions are.

Kurod

Banned
Why is Lobo sometimes grayed out and sometimes not even showing up on character select?

Because your opponent, or one of the people you're spectating, don't have the compatibility pack. I think greyed out means one person doesn't have it while gone means neither player does.

I hate to post this here as it's more of a general fighter question, but any tips for learning when to open on someone/punish? I hate that I know how to do basic Black Adam combos, but just never seem to find the opportunity. I just am not good at reacting fast enough.

I just feel like a shitty player cause against other people around my level I tend to win based off of specials and just knowing when to block/evade. I don't spam, but Adam's damage adds up quickly once you start stacking orbs into even small attacks. While someone who at least knows the game more will pretty easily wipe the floor with me.

Just seeing if there's anything besides "play more". Like any special practice settings I could set to help train.

I hate to post this here as it's more of a general fighter question, but any tips for learning when to open on someone/punish? I hate that I know how to do basic Black Adam combos, but just never seem to find the opportunity. I just am not good at reacting fast enough.

I just feel like a shitty player cause against other people around my level I tend to win based off of specials and just knowing when to block/evade. I don't spam, but Adam's damage adds up quickly once you start stacking orbs into even small attacks. While someone who at least knows the game more will pretty easily wipe the floor with me.

Just seeing if there's anything besides "play more". Like any special practice settings I could set to help train.

If you knock them down, you can go for a crossup. Besides that, you can just go for high/low mixups. If the opponent is blocking low and is unable to punish, use an overhead attack or vise versa.

Playing the computer on medium or hard might help.

Xevren

You can play with the reversals on in training mode to punish special moves, which is a good way to see how to punish specific specials, outside of that you would need to use the record function. Though opening up with Black Adam will require some work, since you have 2 lows and can't really combo from them. You can use your trait to cancel the recovery of a normal and go straight into another though. Like B2 trait into something else, since it moves you forward. Hopefully that makes some sense.

If you knock them down, you can go for a crossup. Besides that, you can just go for high/low mixups. If the opponent is blocking low and is unable to punish, use an overhead attack or vise versa.

Playing the computer on medium or hard might help.

You can play with the reversals on in training mode to punish special moves, which is a good way to see how to punish specific specials, outside of that you would need to use the record function. Though opening up with Black Adam will require some work, since you have 2 lows and can't really combo from them. You can use your trait to cancel the recovery of a normal and go straight into another though. Like B2 trait into something else, since it moves you forward. Hopefully that makes some sense.
It does, I knew it reset recovery on normals, but just didn't know how to make use of it. I'll try it out.

Thanks guys!

Bleepey

Speaking of Cyborg, I actually fought a good one finally.

Fucking never want to do that again lol.

Did he kill you in two combos? I saw thus one cyborg player lay traps and start pressing buttons and shit started and stopped happening very quickly.

OSHAN

Well, I guess since Demon's book got canceled today, there's no hope of him ever being in the game. Ah well.

I think the chances of Etrigan were extremely small, even if the book continued. Still, a bummer. I think he would have fit right in, and I would have really enjoyed his rhymes during clashes:

etrigan.jpg

Bleepey

I think the chances of Etrigan were extremely small, even if the book continued. Still, a bummer. I think he would have fit right in, and I would have really enjoyed his rhymes during clashes:

etrigan.jpg

It would have been cool to see him rhyme before each match.

Lost Fragment

Obsessed with 4chan
Honestly, I don't think Harley is a zoner at all. Her gunshots do so little damage, even if I punish Cyborg's fireball, his chip will do more damage than my gunshot.

I think her rushdown is very good.

I think her rushdown is potentially good, but it's hard to say since people are still at the point where they get hit by shit they shouldn't be getting hit by.

Kizer

942258_545859972133289_1523589259_n.jpg

Killing Joke pack has 2 joker costumes. Will they make a 3rd as well? CAN they make a 3rd? Can't think of another look he had....

It would have been cool to see him rhyme before each match.

He would have to. Jason Blood needs to transform into him.

Gone, gone the form of man....

J-Tier

The Killing Joke pack...what a joke. I'll still buy it though for tourist Joker.

Anyone still following Injustice comics?

It was nice seeing Huntress, Black Canary, Captain Atom, Batwoman and Black Lightning cameo.

Kizer

The Killing Joke pack...what a joke. I'll still buy it though for tourist Joker.

Anyone still following Injustice comics?

It was nice seeing Huntress, Black Canary, Captain Atom, Batwoman and Black Lightning cameo.

I am. I wonder what
happened to them? Probably nothing good.

Ryce

I don't mind a pack of three Joker skins, but having them all come from the same comic is a bit excessive. I want a colorful Silver Age/MKvDCU skin, dammit.

I'm sure the third skin will be the Red Hood, though.

J-Tier

I am. I wonder what
happened to them? Probably nothing good.

Yeah, probably not. I imagine the heavy hitters who end up agreeing with, and joining Bats get eliminated at some point, like Captain Atom. If the game's story is anything to go by, the Batcave definitely gets raided by Supes' group and we also know Aquaman doesn't stick around too long.

J-Tier

I don't mind a pack of three Joker skins, but having them all come from the same comic is a bit excessive. I want a colorful Silver Age/MKvDCU skin, dammit.

Those are nice picks for the Joker. There are so many picks for the Joker overall that it really is excessive to solely use the Killing Joke, regardless of how iconic/defining that one shot was.

I guess Ill go learn Joker later.. Still no word on release for Batgirl? I guess next week?

I'm pretty sure it was the 21st, right?

vg260

So next update has Joker 3-pack, another 3-pack, plus one compatibility pack skin?
They need to confirm the date. It's looking less likely it's the 21st if it has not been formally announced yet.

Bleepey

942258_545859972133289_1523589259_n.jpg

Killing Joke pack has 2 joker costumes. Will they make a 3rd as well? CAN they make a 3rd? Can't think of another look he had....

He would have to. Jason Blood needs to transform into him.

Gone, gone the form of man....
Heath Ledger joker?

Bleepey

I haven't a clue what they could give doomsday past the flashpoint green jumpsuit look.

Not gonna happen because Heath Ledger wasn't in the Killing Joke. It will probably be red hood.

I meant as what they could add as part of a DLC pack. Police man Ledger, nurse Ledger, Joker Ledger.

Top Bottom