• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Injustice: Gods Among Us |OT| With Super Friends Like These, Who Needs Enemies?

Ryce

Ed Boon completely shot down that obviously fake Sub-Zero/Red Hood/etc. "leak" on Twitter, so hopefully people will stop talking about it now.

Ryce

I don't believe him.
If something is legitimate he'll just ignore it. He hasn't said anything about Zod or Scorpion, but he was quick to discredit this "leak." And the fact remains that nobody's been able to legitimize the claim, whereas the first Season Pass leak was easily accessible by anyone.

vg260

Ed Boon completely shot down that obviously fake Sub-Zero/Red Hood/etc. "leak" on Twitter, so hopefully people will stop talking about it now.

Yes, please. That guy just found some random two-characters with a dot in between in a mess of random characters in a DLC file via a hex-editor, among a complete mess of characters. Nothing more. There were plenty of other random other strings he could have found as well. It's not even like it was among other text. Nothing like the ini file at all. It was absurd. Boon trolls, but this guys was trying to fabricate something out of nothing.

TDLink

Ed Boon shot down rumors that mk vita exist.

Him shutting down rumors is more likely a confirmation.

What kind of backwards logic is that? Boon is a troll but him flat out denying something does not mean it makes it more likely. I mean come on. If you want to play conspiracy theorist and say a denial means it could still happen, fine. But it sure doesn't make it more likely in any way shape or form.

Typically when Boon trolls he is pretty coy about it/you can easily tell/it is misdirection. Straightly addressing things like this is pretty rare for him.

I get it, you want Sub Zero, but I just don't think it is going to happen. And honestly, that's a good thing.

Also, Blue Beetle losing the poll isn't surprising. While he is a cool character he has never really been that popular, especially next to the rest on the poll. It looks like the results are going to be dragged out all week though, which sucks.

Nori Chan

What kind of backwards logic is that? Boon is a troll but him flat out denying something does not mean it makes it more likely. I mean come on. If you want to play conspiracy theorist and say a denial means it could still happen, fine. But it sure doesn't make it more likely in any way shape or form.

Typically when Boon trolls he is pretty coy about it/you can easily tell/it is misdirection. Straightly addressing things like this is pretty rare for him.

I get it, you want Sub Zero, but I just don't think it is going to happen. And honestly, that's a good thing.

Also, Blue Beetle losing the poll isn't surprising. While he is a cool character he has never really been that popular, especially next to the rest on the poll. It looks like the results are going to be dragged out all week though, which sucks.
He also said Raven wasn't in the game when asked about the scan. He said just because someone is in the game doesn't mean they're playable.

wonder how that ended up

GrayFoxPL

Boon straight up said no vita mk. What conspiracy? What kind of proof would you like that him denying anything means it doesn't exist. Boon not only trolls he often just lies without blinking.

I have backward logic because I don't believe what he says? Please, you'll burn on him one day and understand.

vg260

This is literally a guy finding M.m in this sort of mess a hex editor, not together, just in random spots among hundreds of lines. Something like this:
"åm{;Ó¤"xû "–À^Û„M.mBýJL,šÂ’EG‘#ñ
It's not anything like how "DrOctopus" and "Frank" were found in MvC3 in a section with all the characters names listed. It's such an absurd way to start a rumor.
That being said, it's a pretty darn good guess at what a second set would be.

Ryce

He also said Raven wasn't in the game when asked about the scan.
He never said that.

He said just because someone is in the game doesn't mean they're playable.
Which is true -- Darkseid, Scarecrow, etc. are in the game but they aren't playable. It's misdirection when applied to Raven. Deceptive? Yes. Lying? No.

Kai Dracon

Writing a dinosaur space opera symphony
rAuIOtn.jpg

TDLink

He also said Raven wasn't in the game when asked about the scan. He said just because someone is in the game doesn't mean they're playable.

wonder how that ended up

See what Ryce wrote, or even just re-read what you just typed. Boon never said Raven wasn't playable. You see what you want to see.

Boon straight up said no vita mk. What conspiracy? What kind of proof would you like that him denying anything means it doesn't exist. Boon not only trolls he often just lies without blinking.

I have backward logic because I don't believe what he says? Please, you'll burn on him one day and understand.

Re-read what I said. If you want to believe Boon is being deceptive, then fine. Him denying something does not mean it is more likely that it is true (as you claim) though.

WatTsu

I'm starting to come around to the way of thinking that Scorpion may not actually be in the Season Pass.

I finished listening to last week's Giant Bombcast today and they mentioned that when they talked to Boon he said having MK characters in the game would make no sense. Brad (I think) seemed to believe that Scorpion isn't in there unless Boon felt they needed Scorpion in there. I would think that a game full of DC heroes would sell itself, no help from MK needed.

Not ruling it out, but considering that anyone playing an NRS game should have one of those Memento-style photographs of Mr. Boon with a hand-scrawled note reading "Don't Believe His Lies" maybe there's hope yet.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
Tom Brady/REO early tier list from TYM: http://testyourmight.com/threads/tom-bradys-and-reos-early-injustice-gau-tier-list.32324/

S+ Cyborg (with block infinite combo)
S Aquaman, Batman, Black Adam, Deathstroke, Superman
S- Green Lantern, Wonder Woman
A+ Doomsday, Killer Frost, Nightwing, Solomon Grundy
A Catwoman, Green Arrow, Hawkgirl, Raven, Sinestro, The Flash
A- Ares, Joker, Shazam
B Harley Quinn, Lex Luthor
C Bane, Lobo

But guys people on GAF told me Cyborg isn't that good and Harley Quinn is WAY BETTER

Zephyrus

Banned
See what Ryce wrote, or even just re-read what you just typed. Boon never said Raven wasn't playable. You see what you want to see.

Re-read what I said. If you want to believe Boon is being deceptive, then fine. Him denying something does not mean it is more likely that it is true (as you claim) though.

He also didn't shot down this rumor. He didn't come out and say that's false.

Think the exact words are "Internets= Must be true"

I might not be an expert, but I'd say that is EXACTLY the same thing he did with the Raven pic. Deceptive? Yes. Confirmation of any sort whatsoever? NO.

Lost Fragment

Obsessed with 4chan
But guys people on GAF told me Cyborg isn't that good and Harley Quinn is WAY BETTER

Even without the block infinite there's no way in hell Harley is on Cyborg's level, and she's especially not on his level with her zoning since she's not really even a zoning character, but I'll be surprised if she stays bottom 5. I think she's just isn't repped very well atm. I have a feeling that Lex isn't that bad either.

Your Harley's awesome - got any more vids of her?

Played that dude 2 or 3 times that night so there might be a few more of me recorded there somewhere.

Zephyrus

Banned

I main Lobo and there's no way he's bottom 2.

He does have his share of problems against zoners and characters that can lock him down on ridiculous strings (Batman and Flash for example), but by no mean he's THAT bad.

Lobo hits you twice with a jump in 2 and you're dead. Plus he has some nasty setups.

Seeing Joker on that tier and Lobo below it is funny as hell. Hell seeing Shazam in it and Lobo not, is funny as hell because Lobo is a better Shazam. Plus unlike Shazam, Lobo only needs one bar to do a piss easy 50% combo. Shazam needs two and his trait active outside of the corner.

REO is just mad as hell that he wanted to main the character and he didn't turn out as godlike as Kenshi, Freddy and Skarlet did.

To be honest all he needs is a full screen projectile and one hit or armor on his bf+3 (including when he throws the chain. Whoever thought that shouldn't have it when meter burned is an idiot), to be top 5

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
Even without the block infinite there's no way in hell Harley is on Cyborg's level, and she's especially not on his level with her zoning since she's not really even a zoning character, but I'll be surprised if she stays bottom 5. I think she's just isn't repped very well atm. I have a feeling that Lex isn't that bad either.
But I even got little drawings about why she is so good!

Grecco

He does have his share of problems against zoners and characters that can lock him down on ridiculous strings (Batman and Flash for example), but by no mean he's THAT bad.

Lobo hits you twice with a jump in 2 and you're dead. Plus he has some nasty setups.

Seeing Joker on that tier and Lobo below it is funny as hell. Hell seeing Shazam in it and Lobo not, is funny as hell because Lobo is a better Shazam. Plus unlike Shazam, Lobo only needs one bar to do a piss easy 50% combo. Shazam needs two and his trait active outside of the corner.

REO is just mad as hell that he wanted to main the character and he didn't turn out as godlike as Kenshi, Freddy and Skarlet did.

To be honest all he needs is a full screen projectile and one hit or armor on his bf+3 (including when he throws the chain. Whoever thought that shouldn't have it when meter burned is an idiot), to be top 5

lobos shot gun blows, and his combos are pretty har execution wise.

sephi22

Nope. Lobo's not nearly as good as you think he is.

J-Tier

Ironically, I'd have been okay with MMH, PG, RH, and SZ because SZ would balance out the other choice for DLC that still brings some salt.

Kinda-sorta glad he debunked it but now we're kinda in the dark about what to expect.

If MMH at the least is in, anyone else will be bonus.

fallingdove

Finished the story mode for the second time - one of the best things about this game. I sure wish they'd release a DLC story mode addition that covered the new characters.

Zephyrus

Banned
lobos shot gun blows, and his combos are pretty har execution wise.

the only harsh combo he has, execution wise, is his b+1,2...d+1, qcbf+2 move.

You could count trying to link b+3 after MB qcbf+2, but that move is way too hard to link for just a 2% upgrade in your combo

Here's a guaranteed piss easy 50% combo with lobo:

J+2, b+2 u+1, 113, MB qcbf+2, 21 qcb+2 (with trait).

Piss easy.

And I'm sorry to everyone else saying he's that bad. He's better than Shazam at everything he does. EVERYTHING. If Shazam is A- so is Lobo.

Both do need some heavy buffs though. Same as Bane and Sinestro.

And while I say Sinestro needs buffs, I'm talking about slightly more damaging and safer strings. His specials don't need a single buff.

Everyone else is fine. Joker has godlike vortexes, so he doesn't need buffs. Harley has crazy awesome mixups. Doubt she needs buffs too.

Superman, Batman, Aquaman, Deathstroke... any character that can lame you out with retarded zoning should be nerfed. Make their specials like Sinestro's. You use them outside of combos or anywhere but full screen and you eat a combo.

And nerf that retarded Batman b+2,3 string.

the only harsh combo he has, execution wise, is his b+1,2...d+1, qcbf+2 move.

You could count trying to link b+3 after MB qcbf+2, but that move is way too hard to link for just a 2% upgrade in your combo

Here's a guaranteed piss easy 50% combo with lobo:

J+2, b+2 u+1, 113, MB qcbf+2, 21 qcb+2 (with trait).

Piss easy.
I was having a *really* tough time hitting a Green Arrow with my J+2 as Lobo earlier. Either he was crouching and I'd whiff every time or he'd hit me with an uppercut and it stuffed me every time.

I love Lobo, and I love playing as Lobo, but some of his moves have slow start-ups (his air grab, his regular grab, even his low chain grab) and get stuffed pretty easily. I don't know if he is bottom tier, but I can see how he's not leading the pack.

Zephyrus

Banned
I was having a *really* tough time hitting a Green Arrow with my J+2 as Lobo earlier. Either he was crouching and I'd whiff every time or he'd hit me with an uppercut and it stuffed me every time.

I love Lobo, and I love playing as Lobo, but some of his moves have slow start-ups (his air grab, his regular grab, even his low chain grab) and get stuffed pretty easily. I don't know if he is bottom tier, but I can see how he's not leading the pack.

He's pretty low tier... but he's not Bane tier.

His AA grab is a bit slow and doesn't have much reach. Bane's much better.

His b+2 is insanely slow and should never be used outside of combos.

Basically what you want to do with Lobo is get in and hit them over and over with jumping d+3. Do it as fast as you can. Most people love to not block high against this character because of his b+12 and his chain grab or even his shotgun (with trait) because they can see his b+2 coming from a mile away. So after a few hits they will simply stop trying to do reversals and start blocking high. That's when you use the MB czar toss.

The character has some really great mixups and mind games when he's atleast mid screen.
Problem is getting there against zoners.

He also doesn't have good wakeup options.

The characters that give me the most trouble with him are Deathstroke (because his guns stuff everything he has and getting in is a pain), Superman (re tar ded zoning and safe strings), Batman (re tar ded ly insane pressure) and the Flash because I'm not that good against him.

Other than those guys, I don't have much trouble. Haven't fought a Cyborg who can use his IAFB, yet.

Anyone that can use a projectile with two hits stuffs Lobo since he'll have to use his MB bf+3 to get in and most times he'll get stuffed out of it.

Plus since he has no reliable ways to get someone off him without MB his b+3, he'll face some serious trouble against those guys too.

He's essentially Shazam with better combo options and a worse projectile

Top Bottom