• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Injustice: Gods Among Us |OT| With Super Friends Like These, Who Needs Enemies?

Is there even any other costumes Bane could possibly have? Just curious as to why they chose their own design.

I'm still saddened by Doomsday not getting his Death of Superman outfit.

Nori Chan

I didn't want another Bane skin :( There's so many characters with just two, why give one to Bane, who already has the Knightfall one? I mean, if you're giving him a fourth one, give him the TDKR one for the lols. Or the Arkham one, which, as ugly as it is, makes sense.

But I love free skins, regardless. Also, even if the comic called it "Peña Duro", gramatically it should be "Peña Dura" so it's k.

Also, shit, the Red Son pack? I want the Arkham City one :( Catwoman's Arkham City costume is by far the est.

They really should be releasing skins faster.

yes arkham city catwoman is the best one :D

Also hopefully every two weeks they release costumes

El Sloth

Banned
Peope get so upset when you beat them by simply blocking/dodging and timing specials. Knowing combos is great, and i wont get anywhere once I play against tougher people, but I think knowing how to block moves is just as important too.

So many people swing like mad trying to land a combo, but never try to get setup.

Then again, I'm still a huge noob and playing in beginner rooms, hah.
How to block properly (and tech throws) are the very first things I teach someone to do when they want to learn a fighting game. Most important thing to know in any fighting game in my opinion. Someone is just pressing buttons non-stop? Block and punish. It's important to learn and recognize which moves hit overhead, which hit low, when do certain characters look like they might cross you up, etc.

Ryce

Some great news for Injustice:

1368739565123ujc.jpg

capture01x3c.png

Bring on the Manhunter, Boon!

Finally got this game, ordered the Collector's Edition on Monday from Amazon.

shit is tight, I'm gonna play Supes until they nerf him, then i'll play Wondie.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Omfg I DID ONLY USE SPECIAL MOVES
NOT EVEN EXs THIS TIME

fucking hell STARs. These challenges range from reasonable to idiotic, and the often vague descriptions don't help.

Grimsen

Good shit with the Bane dlc and the great sales.

I'm off the game for a little while, since I'm a new dad again, but I've got 8 weeks off ahead of me, so i'm sure I can sneak in some Injustice once we get a hang of things.

Ryce

I don't know if that would be good enough. Robin deserves his own character.
I don't see why it shouldn't be a skin; Dick Grayson's the best-known Robin. Damian only lasted a few years, Jason Todd is more likely to be included as Red Hood, and Tim Drake's staff fighting style is already covered with Nightwing's stance change.

BadAss2961

I don't see why it shouldn't be a skin; Dick Grayson's the best-known Robin. Damian only lasted a few years, Jason Todd is more likely to be included as Red Hood, and Tim Drake's staff fighting style is already covered with Nightwing's stance change.
Nightwing's likeness and fighting style is too different from Robin's.

Robin should be a different character entirely with Grayson as the main costume, Todd and Damian as alts, and let that release coincide with a Tim Drake Nightwing alt. Just a Robin pack all around.

Robin will probably be saved for the sequel though.

Khezu

STAR Labs bullshit is just as dumb and inane as The Tower in MK9. They clearly ran out of ideas about 20 missions in on both.

I liked the challenge tower, it was simple, 95% of the missions were just fighting with weird conditions, and it let you skip any mission you couldn't beat, even the final one.

Star Labs looks like it created just to be annoying as possible, horrible minigames, can't skip anything, have to 3 star every mission which is ridiculous.

A waste of man power on there part.

Hopefully for MK10, they just abandon it, and instead make a Konquest mode similar to MK deception, but with MK9 style cut scenes.

Challenge Tower and Star Labs were repetitive and boring most of the time (and I completed both on 360, even did the Vita towers completely). Would much rather they focused on polishing other parts of the game.

I liked the challenge tower, it was simple, 95% of the missions were just fighting with weird conditions, and it let you skip any mission you couldn't beat, even the final one.

Star Labs looks like it created just to be annoying as possible, horrible minigames, can't skip anything, have to 3 star every mission which is ridiculous.

Hopefully for MK10, they just abandon it, and instead make a Konquest mode similar to MK deception, but with MK9 style cut scenes.

Feelings about Stars Lab aside... You don't have to 3 star everything...

You need a certain amount of stars to open up additional missions, that does not mean 3 star every mission. If you want to skip a mission you can so long as you have unlocked enough stars to move on. It isn't that complicated. For example, the entire first page can be unlocked by simply 1 starring every challenge and you get 3 stars just for completing the first challenge so thats a guaranteed 23 stars by the time you finish and you only need 20 through 25 challenges.

Ryce

Nightwing's likeness and fighting style is too different from Robin's.

Robin should be a different character entirely with Grayson as the main costume, Todd and Damian as alts, and let that release coincide with a Tim Drake Nightwing alt. Just a Robin pack all around.

Robin will probably be saved for the sequel though.
Eh... I really don't see it happening. Having Dick Grayson Nightwing and Dick Grayson Robin as separate characters seems excessive to me. Batgirl's probably as far as they're willing to go with additional Batman heroes, and even she's stretching it kind of thin. As iconic as he is, I feel like Robin is better known for being Batman's sidekick and less for his individuality as far as combat is concerned. I don't think it would bother many people to just give Nightwing a Robin skin -- Dick Grayson is Dick Grayson.

You don't have to 3 star everything...
If you want the Elseworld Flash skin and trophy/achievement you do.

Khezu

Feelings about Stars Lab aside... You don't have to 3 star everything...

You need a certain amount of stars to open up additional missions, that does not mean 3 star every mission. If you want to skip a mission you can so long as you have unlocked enough stars to move on. It isn't that complicated. For example, the entire first page can be unlocked by simply 1 starring every challenge and you get 3 stars just for completing the first challenge so thats a guaranteed 23 stars by the time you finish and you only need 20 through 25 challenges.

If I want that Flash skin I do.

Tell Boon I would pay a 80 ms space bucks for an unlock key so I can avoid all that nonsense.

Sadly, i'm at a 93% completion in STAR Labs.. But i'm thinking of giving up on it. Just so annoyed of certain ones. I would honestly pay to have it unlocked.

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
It really sucks for people who want elseworld flash to go through that, lol. The mileena fleshpit costume still was obtained even if you skipped missions.

strobogo

Banned

I hope they do Konquest, but more like Shaolin Monks instead of Deception.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
that batman mission? lol good luck

that mission was built to say fuck you enzo
Yup.

Current STAR Labs issue I am fucking annoyed with: Flash's first. I hit every move on the first try and it connects every time. Where is my "Complete without missing a move" star?

BadAss2961

Sadly, i'm at a 93% completion in STAR Labs.. But i'm thinking of giving up on it. Just so annoyed of certain ones. I would honestly pay to have it unlocked.
Which ones are giving you trouble? I play STAR Labs between online sessions and have cruised through it for the most part.
Yup.

Current STAR Labs issue I am fucking annoyed with: Flash's first. I hit every move on the first try and it connects every time. Where is my "Complete without missing a move" star?
I think you gotta make sure everything lands on the practice dummy.

Also, what Batman mission are you guys talking about? I don't remember anything annoying in his run.

BadAss2961

At the moment, Catwoman #24 'flawless victory' and Deathstroke #75 'tie 5 times' (I'm not sure what i'm supposed to do.)
For the Catwoman, all I did was crouch and paw at each enemy. Every once in a small number of tries, all 20 guys will just run right into it.

The rock/paper/scissors game with Deathstroke literally just means that you have to tie 5 times. Wait to see what Joker throws at you, then throw the same thing back at least 5 times, then win.
You can pause the game then press the button. It doesn't have to be simultaneously thrown
I used pause for a couple button combo mini-games, and Hawkgirl's mission where she's flying upwards with rocks falling.

Yup.

Make sure you aren't doing any other move but the moves dictated. If you accidentally do something like cancel into a special move when you're not supposed to it could deny you the star.

For future reference to anyone doing Star Labs, I used the text tips SolitaryGenesis wrote on PS3Trophies to 3 star the whole mode. I didn't even bother with the videos on the first page of that thread, just read through SG's quick and simple guides posted in the order of each character in Star Labs.

BadAss2961

The most annoying missions for me usually involved Lex and all the bullshit he'd do with his armor. On top of having to deal with armor that pretty much makes it the equivalent of beating him like 3 times, you have an objective to accomplish that makes you fight differently until you get it.

I think it was Aquaman that also had this one where you have to avoid explosives throughout a match. One hit with an explosive (not much time to see them and avoid) and you miss the objective. Can't even combo since you'll probably get hit by one.

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
The most annoying missions for me usually involved Lex and all the bullshit he'd do with his armor. On top of having to deal with armor that pretty much makes it the equivalent of beating him like 3 times, you have an objective to accomplish that makes you fight differently until you get it.

I think it was Aquaman that also had this one where you have to avoid explosives throughout a match. One hit with an explosive (not much time to see them and avoid) and you miss the objective. Can't even combo since you'll probably get hit by one.

I forget what mission it was but it made you take damage when Lex had his armor on, and it would pop on even when you were comboing him. Was easily the hardest one for me...I want to see it was one for the Flash but fuck whatever it was.

For the Catwoman, all I did was crouch and paw at each enemy. Every once in a small number of tries, all 20 guys will just run right into it.

The rock/paper/scissors game with Deathstroke literally just means that you have to tie 5 times.

I have tried so many times on doing that. I usually only get up 10 everytime before I get hit. :( Either by low hits, or a jump in.

Also, with the Deathstroke one. I have actually done that more than 5 times but it just won't unlock for me.

KevinCow

Banned
I did Hawkgirl's missions and that's all I care about. Didn't even bother 3-starring them.

Now I have a mace icon with a mace background.

I wish there was a mace portrait.

BadAss2961

I forget what mission it was but it made you take damage when Lex had his armor on, and it would pop on even when you were comboing him. Was easily the hardest one for me...I want to see it was one for the Flash but fuck whatever it was.
I think two characters have to go through that. Yeah, I I don't like Lex Luthor very much now thanks to STAR Labs.
I did all the STAR labs missions. Some of them were awful, but none were that terrible.

Other than Black Adam's 10th.
Beat Killer Frost and Shazam with ice falling everywhere the whole match? lol, that was the last one I did. Winning a clash on top of that was the sucky part. I figured the mission out though by just staying in the right corner of the level and working from there. That's where the interactibles come from, and the CPU will be more vulnerable to ice than you from there.

All I have left now is Wonder Woman and Ares.

Top Bottom