• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Injustice: Gods Among Us |OT| With Super Friends Like These, Who Needs Enemies?

My most used characters (Lobo and Bane) are apparently bottom tier, but I don't care. I play to have fun.

I play to have fun too, it just so happens that one of my characters (Black Adam) happens to be really good.

Shazam is so fun. Mobile grapplers like him and She-Hulk in Marvel are a blast. Getting in can be rough though.

Kizer

My most used characters (Lobo and Bane) are apparently bottom tier, but I don't care. I play to have fun.

You shouldn't care. Match ups and things to that nature go farther than a month long tier list. There are also things like stage intractables that need to be accounted for.

fader

...they're 2 different seperate companies, far as I know.
...and why Mask when we could get Hellboy? Speaking of which, Hellboy would be an awesome guest character.

....I can do Hellboy... He would definitly be a cool character but hes not added to the DC Universe as far as i know.

goldensun

Injustice-GAF, I want to add more content to my youtube channel. Anyone on XBL care to play me in a FT10 and I can upload it?

I don't know how to stream (yet) but I will eventually get to figuring that all out. (XSplit is a bitch to work with on Windows XP lol).

Please either reply here or drop me a private message and let me know. I'm not the greatest there ever was at this game, but I consider myself to be pretty decent. Here's my youtube if you want to get a glimpse at my recordings: https://www.youtube.com/user/jonfled/

Thanks GAF!

WatTsu

....I can do Hellboy... He would definitly be a cool character but hes not added to the DC Universe as far as i know.

Dark Horse (which owns Hellboy) and DC are two very, very separate companies.

While we're at it, neither DC nor Marvel own Image, either. IDW and Dynamite Comics? Also separate.

Basically, DC only owns the Wildstorm and Vertigo imprints along with the regular DC line.

Edit: Also even if there are crossovers (i.e. Batman fighting Alien or Predator) in the comics, those are usually one-off deals for a specific book; moreover the game licenses for those properties are likely held by companies other than Warner Interactive. You'd see a better chance of Harry Potter crossing over into Injustice than those characters (and even that would take a lot of negotiating with JK Rowling's people).

Edit Again: Also I wouldn't hold your breath for a Marvel crossover even though WB's making the Marvel Lego game now. That's really more because they own the Lego license than it is confirmation they'll get to do Marvel stuff after that.

Ryce

Do you guys think Batgirl would have been more warmly received had Ed Boon never Tweeted that "poll" in the first place? I feel like coming in last place unfairly soured her reputation among the Injustice fan base by creating the illusion that she's unpopular. In reality, she's DC's best-selling female hero, and her book has consistently been among the top five best-selling DC comics of the past few months. She certainly trumps Power Girl and Supergirl in that regard. She also has a ton of mainstream exposure going for her.

I don't know where I'm going with this, but I'm glad Batgirl's in the game and she looks like a lot of fun. I just wish the Internet would stop acting like Power Girl's some iconic, beloved A-list icon. Is she "fun"? Sure. Does she "have personality"? Yeah. But she pales in comparison to both Batgirl and Supergirl when it comes to the more tangible factors.

J-Tier

Do you guys think Batgirl would have been more warmly received had Ed Boon never Tweeted that "poll" in the first place? I feel like coming in last place unfairly soured her reputation among the Injustice fan base by creating the illusion that she's unpopular. In reality, she's DC's best-selling female hero, and her book has consistently been among the top five best-selling DC comics of the past few months.
That's potentially the reason. I always liked Barbara Gordon though, she's my favorite Batgirl since I tend to have a bias towards the "original" (like Dick Grayson will always be THE Robin for me). For me, Batgirl being revealed made Scorpion a lock--that's why I rebelled so hard.

WatTsu

Do you guys think Batgirl would have been more warmly received had Ed Boon never Tweeted that "poll" in the first place? I feel like coming in last place unfairly soured her reputation among the Injustice fan base by creating the illusion that she's unpopular. In reality, she's DC's best-selling female hero, and her book has consistently been among the top five best-selling DC comics of the past few months. She certainly trumps Power Girl and Supergirl in that regard. She also has a ton of mainstream exposure going for her.

I don't know where I'm going with this, but I'm glad Batgirl's in the game and she looks like a lot of fun. I just wish the Internet would stop acting like Power Girl's some iconic, beloved A-list icon. Is she "fun"? Sure. Does she "have personality"? Yeah. But she pales in comparison to both Batgirl and Supergirl when it comes to the more tangible factors.

I'd rather have Batgirl in the game than Nightwing.

Caspel

Business & Marketing Manager @ GungHo
Went online for the first time and won with a sliver of my health left. Faced an Aquaman user that was trying to zone. He ran away for the last 20 or seconds trying to have the timer go out while he plucked away with trident throws and the ground water attacks. I used Doomsday's aerial shoulder attack with meter burn to target him in the corner and take the victory after figuring out the opponent's go-to maneuvers and close range combos to rush him down when he wasn't running. I'm glad Doomsday's super power is to eliminate juggles and knockdowns; makes it easier to adjust. For a first match. it was rewarding enough and now I'm back to offline achievement hunting for the time-being.

Typically I play in the office with 4-5 other colleagues, so I'm finding Injustice to be my favorite game of 2013 thus far.

I'm looking forward to the second batch of DLC announcements, should they come.

I would have accepted her about as well as I do now considering I was bitching about there being too many Bat characters back when Bane was announced.

Moaradin

I really don't object to any character as long as they are well designed and fun to play. I would prefer if some of my favorites were added, but I don't mind Batgirl.

fader

I dont care for Batgirl, but I do hope that there are SOME people who activly play her. I'd like to see every DLC character become used.

J-Tier

Can't wait for Tuesday. I'll finally be able to use Grundy online again without the ragequit issue. I've had an entire KOTH room just leave, simply cuz I chose Grundy and beat the King.

Xevren

Can't wait for Tuesday. I'll finally be able to use Grundy online again without the ragequit issue. I've had an entire KOTH room just leave, simply cuz I chose Grundy and beat the King.

They'll still rage quit, you just won't get a loss for it at least :p

They'll still rage quit, you just won't get a loss for it at least :p

and, they'll take the L, and he'll take the W.
3AQmK.gif

Ryce

I was watching some old footage and saw that Superman's Rising Grab used to meter burn into a Heat Vision. Is there a reason it was changed into a generic delayed throw? From what I can tell it's mainly an aesthetic difference, so why bother changing it into something more boring?

kunonabi

I was watching some old footage and saw that Superman's Rising Grab used to meter burn into a Heat Vision. Is there a reason it was changed into a generic delayed throw? From what I can tell it's mainly an aesthetic difference, so why bother changing it into something more boring?

It's still there it just doesn't cost meter now. You have to input the heat vision command during the grab.

SUPARSTARX

Can't stand the laggy connections online. They need a way to cancel/deny bad match making without penalizing the disconnection rates.

I do a jumping body splash and get a sweep after I land. Zzzzzz

WatTsu

I decided I'd start trying to use Harley today, as I wanted to pick up a female character and Catwoman/Killer Frost don't do much for me and I don't seem to be any good with Wonder Woman. I actually like her quite a bit - the Tantrum Stance into the multi-hit gun lift is awesome, and she can definitely play long and short-range pretty well.

Any suggestions? I've played online with her twice and lost both, though one was pretty close.

Gleethor

I'd say there's a pretty good chance of us getting an Arkham Origins Deathstroke skin, he's confirmed playable in the game via DLC.

Ryce

So soon? No way. Preproduction can last up to six months (if not longer). They wouldn't be mocapping MK10 less than a month after releasing Injustice.

For a frame of reference, planning for MK9 began shortly after the release of MKvDCU in late 2008, but mocap didn't start until June 2009. If NetherRealm's working on MK10, it's just a couple of guys throwing ideas around at this point.

Khezu

A few confirmed changes in the Batgirl patch.

Supermans breath is going to be -1 on block.
A couple Sinestro buffs, faster trait charge, arachnid being safer on block and hitting mid.

Some stuff on Deathstroke, not really sure what to make of it, sounds like a buff and a nerf, and they way it was described makes it hard to know what it actually does.

vg260

So soon? No way. Preproduction can last up to six months (if not longer). They wouldn't be mocapping MK10 less than a month after releasing Injustice.

For a frame of reference, planning for MK9 began shortly after the release of MKvDCU in late 2008, but mocap didn't start until June 2009. If NetherRealm's working on MK10, it's just a couple of guys throwing ideas around at this point.

Yeah you're probably right. Just trying to temper expectations. I just want the first wave of DLC to be out so we get some real confirmation.

Top Bottom