• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Injustice: Gods Among Us |OT| With Super Friends Like These, Who Needs Enemies?

Ryce

Yeah, what is the predicted timing of the XBL appaearance based on the last two?
Today.

Lobo - April 18
Batgirl - May 2
??? - May 16

Batgirl went up at 5 or 6 PM ET, I believe. Xbox users should check the in-game store in a couple of hours.

http://testyourmight.com/threads/wednesday-night-fights-2013-2-7-results.32536/

Injustice: Gods Among Us — Results
1. ATP| Aris (Deathstroke)
2. EGP| Wonder Chef (Black Adam, Superman)
3. LUYG| Rip (Superman)
4. RDK| Godspeed (Black Adam)
5. EGP| Krayzie (Catwoman, Cyborg)
5. True (Aquaman)
7. RDK| Tyrant (Superman)
7. BL (Black Adam)

Yep, knew I wasnt just imaging tons of Superman and Black Adam fights. Maybe in a few weeks some people will get comfortable with other characters.

kyo27

Red sons pack will be available next tuesday along with the killing joke.

now if only we can get a robin or disco nightwing costume for the comp pack

Good to know they are releasing the preorder costumes. Hopefully the New 52 pack releases with the third character.

Archon473

Deathstroke's super is another one with a ridiculous hitbox,

Deathstroke's super starts slow, does not autocorrect against crossover jumping opponents, has practically no vertical hitbox, absorbs only one hit with armor, is unsafe on block, and barely breaks 40% when finishing a combo. It is very bad.

No character needs nerfs. They all have strengths and weaknesses. Superman is great the way he is. If you anticipate 11>Breath, backdash out of 11 and continue blocking Low. If Superman read your backdash and dashed himself, you can begin attacking. If he tried downforward 3, you'll block. If he Superman punched, you'll at least be farther away. If I don't see Superman landing 61% corner combos, I will be disgusted.

3. LUYG| Rip (Superman)
5. True (Aquaman)
7. BL (Black Adam)

Yep, knew I wasnt just imaging tons of Superman and Black Adam fights. Maybe in a few weeks some people will get comfortable with other characters.

It's really common for EGP guys to all train on the same characters (I guess RDK is a new team but Tyrant used to team with EGP). They have leagues of Jax, Sub-Zero, and Liu Kang players in MK9. I've noticed West Coast MvC3 players sharing characters often, as well (they all experimented with Vergil and Zero on point and Strider last toward the beginning of UMvC3 while East Coast stuck with their original teams).

Having popular characters means more exposure and experience. Players either become comfortable fighting the popular characters and prove no nerfing is warranted, or find the character's weakness to a universal option or a counter character.

Grundy is so fun to use, but man do people rage when they lose to him. Guy rage quit just before the last hit. Sigh. Was a player match too. :/

El Sloth

Banned
If a Superman or Deathstroke player has enough meter for a super, then personally I think they're doing it wrong. Especially Deathstroke.

Grundy is so fun to use, but man do people rage when they lose to him. Guy rage quit just before the last hit. Sigh. Was a player match too. :/
Some people don't care about what day Grundy was born :-(

BadAss2961

it shouldn't be luck. It should be prediction. Here let me help you. Is he doing it from full screen? He is going to meter burn it. Yeah, because not meter burning it won't reach you. You could just meter burn a wall bounce too for more armor if you are really that unsure and get a full combo off it. Or just anti-air him coming down as some characters can (like hawkgirl and green arrow).
I know, but it's still not easy to dodge consistently, especially online. And it's not always the obvious full screen jump. On top of having to worry about his rush, you have to be prepared for that jump.

The move is so wild that when Doomsday does jump full screen and the player dodges it, he ends up completely off camera and recovers before a lot of characters can punish him... It's too much reward and not much risk for DD players. Either make it blockable, or it should damage him when the player dodges it.

Grimsen

I know, but it's still not easy to dodge consistently, especially online. And it's not always the obvious full screen jump. On top of having to worry about his rush, you have to be prepared for that jump.

The move is so wild that when Doomsday does jump full screen and the player dodges it, he ends up completely off camera and recovers before a lot of characters can punish him... It's too much reward and not much risk for DD players. Either make it blockable, or it should damage him when the player dodges it.

Not true. If you dash forward to avoid the gamma crush, every character gets a punish.

If your dash is slow, it's harder. I use GL, and if I'm too late to read the move, I either B+3 MB, or B+3 MB forward dash cancel if I think he might be baiting me to waste my meter by doing a normal instead of a MB gamma crush.

BadAss2961

Not true. If you dash forward to avoid the gamma crush, every character gets a punish.

If your dash is slow, it's harder. I use GL, and if I'm too late to read the move, I either B+3 MB, or B+3 MB forward dash cancel if I think he might be baiting me to waste my meter by doing a normal instead of a MB gamma crush.
By the time I dash forward and DD lands, he's usually just at the right distance that I can't really punish him for it. Especially when he ends up off screen.

I guess if I anticipate a successful dodge and jump right on top of him I can nail him for it. But again, that's pretty ridiculous. I've seen pretty good players get spammed by gamma crush and lose because of it several times -- even in a tournament. It needs to be nerfed.

Ryce

Have any of the 360 users checked the in-game store to see if Scorpion/Zod was put up early? This is right around the time Batgirl went up.

SuperBonk

By the time I dash forward and DD lands, he's usually just at the right distance that I can't really punish him for it. Especially when he ends up off screen.

I guess if I anticipate a successful dodge and jump right on top of him I can nail him for it. But again, that's pretty ridiculous. I've seen pretty good players get spammed by gamma crush and lose because of it several times -- even in a tournament. It needs to be nerfed.

While Doomsday is a lot harder to punish online, it's still possible. Wonder Woman can punish pretty much anything from mid-range with B2,3 (whatever the whip thing is) I believe.

The game is a month old. It doesn't make sense to call for nerfs unless something is absolutely broken, like an infinite or something. The tiers will change as new tech is discovered and new ways of countering are developed. Sheeva had an unblockable air stomp in MK9 and was considered very low tier for the majority of the game's lifespan. Getting rid of Deathstroke's air gunshots would absolutely cripple him. If anything, get rid of his air machine gun, not because it's broken but because it's useless.

BadAss2961

Down, 2 and Down, Back 3 (lasso stance) should knock him out of supernova. Down, 2 is your best bet. I would say Wonder Woman is my main (although i play a lot of Black adam as well) and I have very little difficulties with Doomsday.
Is that her whip strike from crouched position? Thanks for the tip. I'll have to practice that.
While Doomsday is a lot harder to punish online, it's still possible. Wonder Woman can punish pretty much anything from mid-range with B2,3 (whatever the whip thing is) I believe.

The game is a month old. It doesn't make sense to call for nerfs unless something is absolutely broken, like an infinite or something. The tiers will change as new tech is discovered and new ways of countering are developed. Sheeva had an unblockable air stomp in MK9 and was considered very low tier for the majority of the game's lifespan. Getting rid of Deathstroke's air gunshots would absolutely cripple him. If anything, get rid of his air machine gun, not because it's broken but because it's useless.
I don't see how. It's not like he's at a disadvantage up-close like Sinestro is.

Deathstroke is very capable even without using his guns too much.

Is that her whip strike from crouched position? Thanks for the tip. I'll have to practice that.

Yeah Down 2 is the crouching up whip. Down, back 3 is the twirling lasso. I would actually say if you sense a Supernova coming, just go into the crouching 2 simply because the timing is pretty easy to figure out on it more so than the Down back 3. Even missing the timing, you should still manage a trade at worse.

BadAss2961

Yeah Down 2 is the crouching up whip. Down, back 3 is the twirling lasso. I would actually say if you sense a Supernova coming, just go into the crouching 2 simply because the timing is pretty easy to figure out on it more so than the Down back 3.
Yeah, she covers some good ground with that up whip. Surprised I never thought of that.

Still think supernova is bullshit though. lol

Yeah, she covers some good ground with that up whip. Surprised I never thought of that.

Still think supernova is bullshit though. lol

I don't think a lot of people realize that it serves as a quick anti-jump move. Wonder Woman is a very underrated fighter I think. The only thing I really struggle with her is against Zoners (which is why I second Black Adam ;)

SuperBonk

After facing a few good Cyborg players, I really have no idea how to play against him. Just eat chip all day until you get close and then he can still escape pretty easily. Very frustrating, makes me wish I was playing Deathstroke instead.

Spinluck

Even after blocking and dashing forward, Deathstroke's guns in the hands of a good spammer can really chip away at your health by the time you reach him. Then when you do reach him, here comes the flipping sword attack which is punishable, but also chips a bit of health... Look at Sinestro who's a pure zoning character, yet his distance game isn't as strong or nearly as noobish as Deathstroke's.

Deathstroke can already fire his machine gun diagonally in the air, which is why I think it's excessive that he also has the ability to jump, lose gravity for a second (which doesn't make sense for him), and fire a couple shots that sends his opponent right back to distance again for more health chipping.

Let's not forget his special ability makes his guns unblockable. The tradeoff is that he'll miss every shot after it runs out I think, but that's only for like 3 seconds lol.

SuperBonk

Let's not forget his special ability makes his guns unblockable. The tradeoff is that he'll miss every shot after it runs out I think, but that's only for like 3 seconds lol.

Activating the ability is unsafe unless you want to sacrifice damage output. It only lasts for a few seconds as well. The trait is almost useless (I believe its only use is allowing for an unblockable launcher).

Yes, I base a lot of my Deathstroke knowledge on Aris's tutorial.

El Sloth

Banned
Lex is so much fun even though I still don't know what combos I should be doing with him when I get a hit.

Yeah, and it also takes a damn long time (relative to the game) to start up, thereby completely giving up any momentum he had and leaving himself open to punishes if activated at the wrong time. You can sorta combo into it, but then sacrifice positioning or a potential mixup. The max damage you can get from the unblockable guns is not worth all the time afterwards the opponent has to dash in and push your shit in.

As someone who likes using Deathstroke: the trait is trash. A gimmick. Only useful against less experienced players who don't know how to fight him yet or get easily frustrated.

There are legitimate things to complain about the character, but his trait is definitely not one of them.

Khezu

Lex is so much fun even though I still don't know what combos I should be doing with him when I get a hit.

I really need to learn to play Lex.

I choose him every once in awhile in player match when my opponent is character swap happy. Never went into the lab with him and only do what I vaguely remember from the demo, which is basically J3 and corps charge and throw mines and probes everywhere.

He just has a really fun toolset.

Kizer

316124_546945768691376_1178883192_n.jpg

This is your free costume, injustice gaf. You will have it on may 21.

Pretty sure the prison was called Peña Duro.

El Sloth

Banned
I really need to learn to play Lex.

I choose him every once in awhile in player match when my opponent is character swap happy. Never went into the lab with him and only do what I vaguely remember from the demo, which is basically J3 and corps charge and throw mines and probes everywhere.

He just has a really fun toolset.
The axe is so amazing. My friends are in constant fear of THE AXE now.

From the way I've seen better players use him, it seems like what you want to be doing with Lex is setting something up once you get a knockdown. Whether it's armoring up with his trait when ever you get a knockdown and then go for a throw or some sort of combo, setting up a mine for a trap, or setting up the little laser balls either to interrupt your opponent mashing on wakeup or setting up some brief zoning.

So far I'm not good at any of this and rely on THE AXE spam to bail me out. All I've learned is that be careful using corp charge to close the distance without armoring up first since he's so vulnerable afterwards (especially in the air).

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Wait, for STARS do you have to do them all in one run or no? Because that was my assumption and I've come across a batman challenge that's kinda contradictory with two challenges.

Xevren

Wait, for STARS do you have to do them all in one run or no? Because that was my assumption and I've come across a batman challenge that's kinda contradictory with two challenges.

You can do separate runs for each stars if need be. You pretty much have to for some.

Ryce

I know why it looks so familiar…

IWyRilC.png

It's an unused Injustice concept.

I suppose one thing's for certain -- if the team is resorting to giving Bane of all characters a fictitious skin, then we're in for a ton of alternate costumes.

Peope get so upset when you beat them by simply blocking/dodging and timing specials. Knowing combos is great, and i wont get anywhere once I play against tougher people, but I think knowing how to block moves is just as important too.

So many people swing like mad trying to land a combo, but never try to get setup.

Then again, I'm still a huge noob and playing in beginner rooms, hah.

J-Tier

Peope get so upset when you beat them by simply blocking/dodging and timing specials. Knowing combos is great, and i wont get anywhere once I play against tougher people, but I think knowing how to block moves is just as important too.

So many people swing like mad trying to land a combo, but never try to get setup.

Then again, I'm still a huge noob and playing in beginner rooms, hah.

Good fundamentals are what makes a good player though. Combos are secondary.

TDLink

This is your free costume, injustice gaf. You will have it on may 21.

Pretty sure the prison was called Peña Duro.

Really lame that the free skin is Bane. I never use him and we got a Bat character a skin last time...and the new skin pack is all costumes for one Bat character. Meh whatever, at least it's free.

I didn't want another Bane skin :( There's so many characters with just two, why give one to Bane, who already has the Knightfall one? I mean, if you're giving him a fourth one, give him the TDKR one for the lols. Or the Arkham one, which, as ugly as it is, makes sense.

But I love free skins, regardless. Also, even if the comic called it "Peña Duro", gramatically it should be "Peña Dura" so it's k.

Also, shit, the Red Son pack? I want the Arkham City one :( Catwoman's Arkham City costume is by far the est.

They really should be releasing skins faster.

GrayFoxPL

3. LUYG| Rip (Superman)
5. True (Aquaman)
7. BL (Black Adam)

Watched the finals. Aris avoiding those interactibles like they were nothing. Wow.

Top Bottom