• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Injustice: Gods Among Us |OT| With Super Friends Like These, Who Needs Enemies?

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
If it says it linked to your account try playing through a round of Arcade mode or something. Sometimes it takes a while to trigger. If that didn't work then you can try rebooting your game too.
Yeah I just did a round of battle mode and it still gives me the linked message then asks me to log in or use existing account etc. So I don't know if its still linked or not. And it won't let me create a new WBID through the game, it just keeps failing D; And it won't authenticate when I try to log into Gotham city Imposters site to try and unlink from there D;

wat do

I don't want to screw it up for anyone else.

I was able to get it to link and the unlocks triggered for me but I don't have the costumes now. Any reason why that would be?
You just use the reddit one too?

WatTsu

Yeah I just did a round of battle mode and it still gives me the linked message then asks me to log in or use existing account etc. So I don't know if its still linked or not. And it won't let me create a new WBID through the game, it just keeps failing D; And it won't authenticate when I try to log into Gotham city Imposters site to try and unlink from there D;

wat do

You just use the reddit one too?

I used it last week.

TDLink

wat do

Have you gotten the unlocks now that you did battle mode? What happens now when you try to put in the account info again under link?

J-Tier

Why is Boon trickling the poll results? >.>

Whatever the case, he's actually making a big deal of the. The winner(s) are likely solid for DLC.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Have you gotten the unlocks now that you did battle mode? What happens now when you try to put in the account info again under link?
Yeah I have the costumes, they never went away.

I put the account info in from reddit and it says account linked and exits the WBID menu. When I go back into the WBID menu it first gives me a pop up that says the same, WB account linked, but then it sends me to the page again where I can either create, use existing WBID or skip. No option to unlink here and I can't access Gotham Imposters site. Is there anywhere else I can manually unlink?

I should also note I'm getting frequent errors trying to connect to WB, but eventually I get through, though it won't let me create a new account at ALL.

How did everybody else unlink theirs?

so with no way to see the poll results besides taking NRS/Boon's word for it, whose to say they haven't already been working on the next DLC characters for a while and faked the poll results (if necessary) to make sure the characters they were already going to sell were the "most popular"

so with no way to see the poll results besides taking NRS/Boon's word for it, whose to say they haven't already been working on the next DLC characters for a while and faked the poll results (if necessary) to make sure the characters they were already going to sell were the "most popular"
I'd prefer Swamp Thing, but honestly I'd buy anyone on the poll besides Red Hood. There are a lot of cool choices.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Okay I linked it to *my* account, hopefully that means the other account is unlinked now..

Now I can finally play story mode. Thanks for all of your help, TDLink!

TDLink

Why is Boon trickling the poll results? >.>

Whatever the case, he's actually making a big deal of the. The winner(s) are likely solid for DLC.

I agree. I hope they take the top two (which are hopefully Static and Zatanna based on indications). Out of the 5 remaining choices Red Hood would be the only travesty, though Power Girl is also pretty meh if we are indeed getting Zod. So really...any combination of Static, Zatanna, and Swamp Thing will work. If we have to include less I prefer Static if it is just 1 and add Zatanna if we get a second. I'd be down for all 3 though. They could all bring something unique to the roster.

Guess we just have to take their word for it. Based on hints though we know Zatanna was first at one point and then knocked to second...so she is at least third place if not higher. It also seemed to be implied that Static won but I suppose we will see whenever Boon actually gets around to revealing all the results (which at the current rate would be next week).

Okay I linked it to *my* account, hopefully that means the other account is unlinked now..

Now I can finally play story mode. Thanks for all of your help, TDLink!

Yes. You can only have one account linked at a time. This is how you "unlink" another account. Glad you figured it out, enjoy the game!

J-Tier

Sorry if its been asked but are the costume packs coming to Wii U??

Was looking around the eshop last night and couldn't find anything :/
Word is sometime during the summer. Probably gonna be a pack of everything, WiiU owners getting the short end if the stick.

Ive been watching a lot of streams since release, and it unfortunately is turning into the Superman vs. Black Adam game. You get the occasional aquaman or Green Lantern, but I am so tired of Superman fights

Khezu

Ive been watching a lot of streams since release, and it unfortunately is turning into the Superman vs. Black Adam game. You get the occasional aquaman or Green Lantern, but I am so tired of Superman fights

Superman is the best character in the game(at least right now) and the easiest to learn, a combination that makes him very popular.

Sadly he is also one of the most boring top tier characters to watch in any fighting game.

Hopefully they give him a slight nerf and everyone overreacts like crazy people and all drop him even though he is still good, like what happens when they nerf any character.

Superman is the best character in the game(at least right now) and the easiest to learn, a combination that makes him very popular.

Sadly he is also one of the most boring top tier characters to watch in any fighting game.

Hopefully they give him a slight nerf and everyone overreacts like crazy people and all drop him even though he is still good, like what happens when they nerf any character.

What should they nerf, exactly? Almost every, if not every aspect of Superman is extremely good.

BadAss2961

I think Superman is fine. Perhaps slightly overpowered in good hands, but he's Superman afterall.

After spending tons of hours with this game, i'm convinced that the only two characters that definitely need nerfs are Doomsday and Deathstroke. Deathstroke at least shouldn't be able to jump and shoot mid-air. Doomsday sky jump needs to be blockable.

Khezu

What should they nerf, exactly? Almost every, if not every aspect of Superman is extremely good.

The most reasonable nerf I have heard suggested would be to make his breath have more pushback, that way you can backdash his frame traps from midscreen, but he can keep his corner pressure.

Maybe add longer CD on his trait, and nerf the damage and hitbox on his super.

I think Superman is fine. Perhaps slightly overpowered in good hands, but he's Superman afterall.

After spending tons of hours with this game, i'm convinced that the only two characters that definitely need nerfs are Doomsday and Deathstroke. Deathstroke at least shouldn't be able to jump and shoot mid-air. Doomsday sky jump needs to be blockable.

Deathstroke is fine. Removing his jumping gunshots is overkill, just walk/dash and block. He's a good character but I don't think he's as good as Superman, Black Adam, Batman, etc.

Agreed on Superman being the best though. I'm not really serious with this game, but that session I had with a good Supes player the other night wasn't very enjoyable. I mean I play Black Adam and I think he's already one of the best characters, but Superman just seemed better in most aspects. I don't know much about this game competitively though. I'm not gonna call for nerfs or anything, I'd like to give it more time and see what people come up with.

Trying to get better with Shazam, I really want to make him work for me. Getting more consistent with 2,2 xx command throw online. His command grab setups are super fun.

Spinluck

Deathstroke is fine. Removing his jumping gunshots is overkill, just walk/dash and block. He's a good character but I don't think he's as good as Superman, Black Adam, Batman, etc.

Agreed on Superman being the best though. I'm not really serious with this game, but that session I had with a good Supes player the other night wasn't very enjoyable. I mean I play Black Adam and I think he's already one of the best characters, but Superman just seemed better in most aspects. I don't know much about this game competitively though. I'm not gonna call for nerfs or anything, I'd like to give it more time and see what people come up with.

Trying to get better with Shazam, I really want to make him work for me. Getting more consistent with 2,2 xx command throw online. His command grab setups are super fun.

Deathstroke is definitely up there with those characters, and so is Aquaman imo.

All they have to do with Supes is nerf his Finisher/Super, I mean, Jesus Christ. Once he gets full meter you cannot do SHIT, unless that Supes user is garbage. He can punish ANYTHING full screen. It's also an overhead, and he can cancel into it right after using his Special Ability. It is crazy OP, and correct me if I'm wrong I think it also has the least start up frames in the game as far as supers go.

Of course even if they do nerf that, he'd still be really good. But I hope they take care of it before most online players begin to exploit it. So far I haven't seen too many.

I love Doomsday :-(

I can see how sky jump spam can be annoying as fuck, but I've seen good players dance around it. But I agree that it may need a slight nerf, just because it is very spammable if you have meter (since it only locks on with meter burn).

I don't think Superman is the undisputed best. There's a pretty good chance Killer Frost beats Superman. He may lose to Cyborg as well. So he may have a couple bad MU. Hard to say who the best is since the super top tier body most of the cast and only lose to a couple of each other.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
So now that you are in here Enzo who are you hoping to main?
Nightwing, but I'm not a fan of stances, despite liking his toolset. Still screwing around with the cast and more importantly screwing around with different control configurations. Kinda played through all of the story mode already with controls I don't particularly like, so now I'm experimenting and it's even harder to change D;

I keep trying to do quarter circles and the moves I want aren't coming out consistently, even with alternate control on :/ Have to try to find what I'm doing wrong.

Also looking at Lex too, he hits hard and is a bully.

Also fuck the kryptonite batarangs STARS mission.

Spinluck

I don't think Superman is the undisputed best. There's a pretty good chance Killer Frost beats Superman. He may lose to Cyborg as well. So he may have a couple bad MU. Hard to say who the best is since the super top tier body most of the cast and only lose to a couple of each other.

Yea I agree, but I don't think it's debatable who has the best super/finisher. It hands down has to be Supes. They need to nerf that shit quick.

Why nerf it? It was designed to be the ultimate punisher. The tradeoff is losing all his meter so he doesn't have access to MB breath, MB laser or the bars for clash. His super isn't the reason he's winning all these tournaments.

Khezu

His super is like 2 frames I think, its really good. It's hitbox is also stupid good.

Deathstroke's super is another one with a ridiculous hitbox, so many times he has hit me with it in the silliest way possible, one time he went full screen and I jumped, he was just chilling behind me for like a split second, and I landed on the the very edge of his sword and then the cinematic played.

Nightwing, but I'm not a fan of stances, despite liking his toolset. Still screwing around with the cast and more importantly screwing around with different control configurations. Kinda played through all of the story mode already with controls I don't particularly like, so now I'm experimenting and it's even harder to change D;

I keep trying to do quarter circles and the moves I want aren't coming out consistently, even with alternate control on :/ Have to try to find what I'm doing wrong.

Also looking at Lex too, he hits hard and is a bully.

Also fuck the kryptonite batarangs STARS mission.
That took me 3 hrs to finish.lol

BadAss2961

Even after blocking and dashing forward, Deathstroke's guns in the hands of a good spammer can really chip away at your health by the time you reach him. Then when you do reach him, here comes the flipping sword attack which is punishable, but also chips a bit of health... Look at Sinestro who's a pure zoning character, yet his distance game isn't as strong or nearly as noobish as Deathstroke's.

Deathstroke can already fire his machine gun diagonally in the air, which is why I think it's excessive that he also has the ability to jump, lose gravity for a second (which doesn't make sense for him), and fire a couple shots that sends his opponent right back to distance again for more health chipping.

Khezu

No rhyme or rhythm to that shit. Does a wakeup batarangs whenever he feels OR the CPU just decides to instareact to you jumping with a batarang.

Do blocked ones count?

Here is the best tip for star labs, don't play star labs.

Seriously, its awful and will just make you want to kill yourself, the rewards are also terrible.
Just 3 skins.
cpdOVUy.jpg

I guess there are also character specific hero card stuff, but eh.

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
I beat the batarang thing on my first try, lol. Might have been lucky.

I gave up once I hit Cyborg, his missions just got straight up dumb in general before even thinking about getting 3 stars.

vg260

I beat the batarang thing on my first try, lol. Might have been lucky.

I gave up once I hit Cyborg, his missions just got straight up dumb in general before even thinking about getting 3 stars.

I didn't find his as bad as a lot of people here said. There were others that were a lot more of a pain for me. It was torture going through all those, but I'm really digging the Flash skin. I think both Lex and Flash's alts from this mode are their best. Such a dumb mode, though.

WatTsu

I think Superman has a lot of tools and doesn't take a lot of practice to be good with, but there are other characters who seem to have higher priorities and faster animations. I main Superman at the moment and have trouble against a good Aquaman because all of his moves are fast with high priority and reach, and I'm still trying to figure out how to handle Green Lantern and Raven consistently. Raven in particular seems to be able to shut down long-range characters like Superman if you know how to use her.

I think I actually want to learn how to use Raven, even though I don't like her design or voice much. She seems like a character that doesn't really have an analogue anywhere else in the cast.

Edit: It should be noted I try not to hang back and zone all match, because that's not really fun for me and it's a scummy way to play unless you're a hair's breadth from either losing or winning the match.

A Pretty Panda

fuckin' called it, man
Of course even if they do nerf that, he'd still be really good. But I hope they take care of it before most online players begin to exploit it. So far I haven't seen too many.
Exploit what, wake up supers? Online players will be doing that even if it was the slowest move their character has.

edit- taking away deathstroke jump guns are you crazy?

Doomsday sky jump is bad enough as it is. Backdash if he doesn't use meter, forward dash if he does. Free combo to you.

Nori Chan

Red sons pack will be available next tuesday along with the killing joke.

now if only we can get a robin or disco nightwing costume for the comp pack

BadAss2961

Here is the best tip for star labs, don't play star labs.

Seriously, its awful and will just make you want to kill yourself, the rewards are also terrible.
Just 3 skins.

I guess there are also character specific hero card stuff, but eh.
Other than a few stupid gimmick challenges against Lex Luthor, Star Labs hasn't been too difficult for me. I'm almost done 3 starring every mission.
Doomsday sky jump is bad enough as it is. Backdash if he doesn't use meter, forward dash if he does. Free combo to you.
There's no time to react to whether he uses meter or not. So you just have to guess based on the situation. It's dumb.

Doomsday is a guy that wants to get up close -- that's fine. Sky jumping to get up close is okay, but he shouldn't also be rewarded with an unblockable hit that flattens you. It needs to be blockable up top.

I dodge it a lot now, but still feel lucky every time I do. With all his gimmicks, every decent Doomdsay player feels like a fucking boss battle. That's how overpowered he is. lol

Kizer

Other than a few stupid gimmick challenges against Lex Luthor, Star Labs hasn't been too difficult for me. I'm almost done 3 starring every mission. There's no time to react to whether he uses meter or not. So you just have to guess based on the situation. It's dumb.

Doomsday is a guy that wants to get up close -- that's fine. Sky jumping to get up close is okay, but he shouldn't also be rewarded with an unblockable hit that flattens you. It needs to be blockable up top.

I dodge it a lot now, but still feel lucky every time I do. With all his gimmicks, every decent Doomdsay player feels like a fucking boss battle. That's how overpowered he is. lol

it shouldn't be luck. It should be prediction. Here let me help you. Is he doing it from full screen? He is going to meter burn it. Yeah, because not meter burning it won't reach you. You could just meter burn a wall bounce too for more armor if you are really that unsure and get a full combo off it. Or just anti-air him coming down as some characters can (like hawkgirl and green arrow).

J-Tier

it shouldn't be luck. It should be prediction. Here let me help you. Is he doing it from full screen? He is going to meter burn it. Yeah, because not meter burning it won't reach you. You could just meter burn a wall bounce too for more armor if you are really that unsure and get a full combo off it. Or just anti-air him coming down as some characters can (like hawkgirl and green arrow).
Yeah Doomsday isn't a big deal at all offline or with a good connection. Very predictable gameplay.

onionfrog

I wonder what free costume will come with the Batgirl compatability pack.
Also I'm surprised the third DLC character hasn't leaked on XBL yet .

Top Bottom