• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Injustice: Gods Among Us |OT| With Super Friends Like These, Who Needs Enemies?

Khezu

Good, I'd love to see her... but man... it'd be a trainwreck.

Eh, since its DLC, they would have to bring there A game so people would buy it, of course there A game is not great, but at least we wouldn't end up with another Wonder Woman, probably somewhere around Killer Frost, who is slightly Sarah Jessica Parker faced, but she at least looks like a Woman.

Speaking of Frost, I really want her Disney Princess costume as DLC.
LsLLXfo.jpg

J-Tier

Red Hood is the one I want in the least. With that said, I don't mind him getting in at all. Just out of that collection of awesome characters, he's at the bottom of the list.

Ryce

My hopes:

1. Swamp Thing
2. Zatanna
3. Static
4. Red Hood

My expectations:

1. Red Hood
2. Zatanna
3. Static
4. Swamp Thing

TDLink

Why do I get the feeling that its actually going to go in order.

Boon says it isn't but he could easily be lying about that. Red Hood being the next one out would be great. I really don't want to see him in the top 3. That would also mean Static would lose though, which would suck. Zatanna winning is not bad.

Really though, it is obviously just Alphabetical order so just coincidence, probably.

Caspel

Business & Marketing Manager @ GungHo
If/when there's a sequel, I'd like to see the following characters swapped out if the base roster size is the same:

Ares for Black Manta (this takes away Wonder Woman's villain and gives Aquaman one)
Cyborg for Martian Manhunter
Doomsday for Mongul
Harley Quinn for Poison Ivy
Killer Frost for Captain Cold (gives Flash a villain rep)
Sinestro for Larfreeze/Agent Orange or Atrocious
Solomon Grundy for Gorilla Grodd (gives a Flash another villain rep, along with a new grappler)
Bane for Star Sapphire (this takes away a Batman villain and gives one to Green Lantern)
Deathstroke for Metallo or Parasite or Brainiac (this takes away a Batman villain and gives one to Superman)
Hawkgirl for Zatanna
Hal Jordan for John Stewart

I'd like see less Batman villains in general next time around. Sure, the characters leaving the game would suck, but this would give a fresh set of new characters to play with that is nearly half of the original roster. Leave Darkseid out of the main roster to be an unlockable after beating the storyline. The only issue with switching many of these is that it would go from a more popular or well-known character to a character with either a cult following or lesser of a reputation.

Caspel

No that would be a huge downgrade.

Well what other female heroes could take the place? Please don't say Supergirl or Powergirl. I've heard the rumblings that they don't want too many female characters, so it'd have to be another heroine.

Ryce

Hal Jordan, Sinestro, and Deathstroke shouldn't go anywhere, and I wouldn't call Deathstroke a Batman villain. He's in the new Arkham game and has had some run-ins with Batman, but he's a catch-all villain most closely associated with the Teen Titans.

SmokeMaxX

A few confirmed changes in the Batgirl patch.

Supermans breath is going to be -1 on block.
A couple Sinestro buffs, faster trait charge, arachnid being safer on block and hitting mid.

Some stuff on Deathstroke, not really sure what to make of it, sounds like a buff and a nerf, and they way it was described makes it hard to know what it actually does.

Is this a Tekken Mid or a Street Fighter Mid? Tekken Mids you can't duck or you get hit (hits overhead). Street Fighter mids you can block high or low.

If/when there's a sequel, I'd like to see the following characters swapped out if the base roster size is the same:

Ares for Black Manta (this takes away Wonder Woman's villain and gives Aquaman one)
Cyborg for Martian Manhunter
Doomsday for Mongul
Harley Quinn for Poison Ivy
Killer Frost for Captain Cold (gives Flash a villain rep)
Sinestro for Larfreeze/Agent Orange or Atrocious
Solomon Grundy for Gorilla Grodd (gives a Flash another villain rep, along with a new grappler)
Bane for Star Sapphire (this takes away a Batman villain and gives one to Green Lantern)
Deathstroke for Metallo or Parasite or Brainiac (this takes away a Batman villain and gives one to Superman)
Hawkgirl for Zatanna
Hal Jordan for John Stewart

I'd like see less Batman villains in general next time around. Sure, the characters leaving the game would suck, but this would give a fresh set of new characters to play with that is nearly half of the original roster. Leave Darkseid out of the main roster to be an unlockable after beating the storyline. The only issue with switching many of these is that it would go from a more popular or well-known character to a character with either a cult following or lesser of a reputation.
Out of all the things, huh, Deathstroke is not a Batman villain.

And dear god most of those are atrocious. Getting rid of Sinestro for a minor villain?

And for fuck's sake, why are we talking about cutting characters. I hate it when they do that. Especially if they're not clones, and every character in this game is unique.

Khezu

In the past NRS have said on multiple occasions that around 30 characters is their sweet spot.

They will not just add characters and bloat the roster up.

Not to mention, the next Injustice game will be on new hardware, all the models and animations will be outdated by then, plus the next Injustice probably won't be much like this one as NRS has a constant need to switch things up far too much for there own good.

DR2K

Banned
Well what other female heroes could take the place? Please don't say Supergirl or Powergirl. I've heard the rumblings that they don't want too many female characters, so it'd have to be another heroine.

No one should take Hawkgirl's place.

Khezu

Is this a Tekken Mid or a Street Fighter Mid? Tekken Mids you can't duck or you get hit (hits overhead). Street Fighter mids you can block high or low.

SF, before it was a high and you could duck to evade it and punish it, now you have to take the chip even if you duck it.

J-Tier

In the past NRS have said on multiple occasions that around 30 characters is their sweet spot.

They will not just add characters and bloat the roster up.

Not to mention, the next Injustice game will be on new hardware, all the models and animations will be outdated by then, plus the next Injustice probably won't be much like this one as NRS has a constant need to switch things up far too much for there own good.

Right, MK has been a great example of this.

I don't care how "logical" it is, it's still stupid.

Caspel

no one would take any place because a sequel for this game should be expected to retain the previous cast

they aren't drawing sprites, and they don't have a mvc2 size roster, no excuses

Why would you swap out characters when you could add more? Not a big fan of cuts.

Not at all.

If you seriously think they'll go from 24 to 40 in the next game, then I think many people are going to be disappointed. Cuts are bound to happen, so I am not sure why the hostility. I'm under the assumption that they'll try to at least keep 24 characters in the next game, so that's why I changed/swapped characters.

I'd, of course, love to have an unlimited amount of characters in the game, but each character takes time to implement. If they come into the next game with the same roster, they'll have to introduce new maneuvers, which means mo-cap and voice work for each, thus meaning time spent on them.

But let's not act like them taking the same 24 and adding in another 10 is going to happen.

J-Tier

But let's not act like them taking the same 24 and adding in another 10 is going to happen.

When the fans start acting like this, it's basically telling the companies it's okay to do this. That it's okay to not put in more content when they can, because it'll be enough to appease the fans.

Realistically, yes, this will happen. But wishing for it to happen or defending it is a different matter altogether.

Khezu

Did they specifically say that in relation to a sequel or just when talking about this game?

The distinction is important.

It was in relation to MK9, it was a long ass time ago though, not sure if that totally counts as a sequel since it was more of a reboot.

Ryce

js7KlSR.jpg

I wouldn't put it past them. And I don't know why we're talking about a sequel that's most likely six years off. Let's talk about DLC!

DR2K

Banned
Game is basically guaranteed for another season pass due to sales.

Hopefully the next 4 are major fan favorites and come soon. I'm sure it will all be released by year end.

Gleethor

Which characters haven't gotten dlc costumes yet?

Sinestro, Hawkgirl, Doomsday, Black Adam, Ares and Frost don't have any additional costumes beyond their default/regime. Shazam, Luthor, and Nightwing have an additional costume but not DLC. And of course Lobo still just has one.

J-Tier

Which characters haven't gotten dlc costumes yet?

I'm personally waiting on Black Adam. Here's the list of characters that don't have a third costume:

• Ares
• Black Adam
• Doomsday
• Hawkgirl
• Killer Frost
• Lobo
• Sinestro

While Shazam and Lex I think don't have costumes outside of unlockables.

EDIT: Kinda beat by Gleethor =P

El Sloth

Banned
Kyle Rayner DLC skin plz

Blue Beetle, Static, Zatanna, and Poison Ivy for DLC characters plz

It was in relation to MK9, it was a long ass time ago though, not sure if that totally counts as a sequel since it was more of a reboot.
Well, we'll see. Things change after all.

Caspel

Out of all the things, huh, Deathstroke is not a Batman villain.

And dear god most of those are atrocious. Getting rid of Sinestro for a minor villain?

And for fuck's sake, why are we talking about cutting characters. I hate it when they do that. Especially if they're not clones, and every character in this game is unique.

LOL, hyperbole much? Poison Ivy is on the same level as Harley Quinn. Ares is a throwaway villain that can be changed. Same as Killer Frost. Doomsday is brilliant, but in terms of storyline for the game's campaign, I don't see him fitting in again (we have him contained, oh no, he broke out again, let's send him far away once more). The Batman villains are certainly more popular and I'll admit it is wishful thinking that they'll replace them with other rogues from other galleries.

No one should take Hawkgirl's place.

Fair enough. I do find her to be my favorite heroine, but in terms of the roster, I find her to be replaceable out of the female heroines if they were to make a roster change due to Wonder Woman's popularity and Raven's ties to Teen Titans.

Hal Jordan, Sinestro, and Deathstroke shouldn't go anywhere, and I wouldn't call Deathstroke a Batman villain. He's in the new Arkham game and has had some run-ins with Batman, but he's a catch-all villain most closely associated with the Teen Titans.

True. I guess the same applies to Grundy. As much as I love Sinestro, I don't see a place for too many other Green Lantern villains if he is on the roster.

When the fans start acting like this, it's basically telling the companies it's okay to do this. That it's okay to not put in more content when they can, because it'll be enough to appease the fans.

Realistically, yes, this will happen. But wishing for it to happen or defending it is a different matter altogether.

Within the fighting genre, there have always been cuts and additions that fans should have be accustomed to. I've never bought a fighting game dating back to Street Fighter 2 and thought that the next game would have the same roster plus a dozen more.
js7KlSR.jpg

I wouldn't put it past them. And I don't know why we're talking about a sequel that's most likely six years off. Let's talk about DLC!

Mortal Kombat Armageddon was one my least favorite of the series, but it wasn't because of the roster size. In any case, I'll stop chatter about swapping out characters in a sequel (even though it's inevitable and some will have to learn to live with it).

The office I work at are ready for the Batgirl DLC to come out so we can use her during our lunch breaks. Lobo hasn't been used all that often. The frequented characters are: Aquaman, Superman, Deathstroke, Nightwing, and Green Arrow. I often resort to Doomsday, Raven, and Hawkgirl.

Ryce

If I had to categorize the first four characters...

1. Highly requested cult following character - Lobo
2. Batman character - Batgirl
3. Superman character - Zod
4. Guest character - Scorpion

If NRS wants to play it safe again and go with four more mainstream/mass appeal characters from the same groups, I'd like to see:

1. Martian Manhunter
2. Poison Ivy
3. Supergirl
4. Rorschach (revealed at Comic-Con)

My personal requests ignoring any kind of balance or logic would be Martian Manhunter, Swamp Thing, Darkseid, and Gorilla Grodd. My list is heavy on the giant power characters, but that's the archetype I like best.

J-Tier

LOL, hyperbole much? Poison Ivy is on the same level as Harley Quinn. Ares is a throwaway villain that can be changed. Same as Killer Frost. Doomsday is brilliant, but in terms of storyline for the game's campaign, I don't see him fitting in again (we have him contained, oh no, he broke out again, let's send him far away once more). The Batman villains are certainly more popular and I'll admit it is wishful thinking that they'll replace them with other rogues from other galleries.
They've been marketing the hell out of Quinn though, much less with Ivy. She plays a much bigger role in the New 52 and DC is well aware of her...appeal...

Within the fighting genre, there have always been cuts and additions that fans should have be accustomed to. I've never bought a fighting game dating back to Street Fighter 2 and thought that the next game would have the same roster plus a dozen more.
This is a given. But I don't think we as fans should be asking for less. That's just weird IMO.

DR2K

Banned
Fair enough. I do find her to be my favorite heroine, but in terms of the roster, I find her to be replaceable out of the female heroines if they were to make a roster change due to Wonder Woman's popularity and Raven's ties to Teen Titans.

HG got in due to her popularity in the JL cartoons.

Amazing how a main Justice League member has to be classified as a "cult following".

I'm thinking:

Martian Manhunter
Red Hood
Power Girl
Goku Spider-Man Sub-Zero

If you're categories prove accurate.

J-Tier

Amazing how a main Justice League member has to be classified as a "cult following".

I'm thinking:

Martian Manhunter
Red Hood
Power Girl
Goku Spider-Man Sub-Zero

If you're categories prove accurate.

Lol, that's exactly, and I mean exactly the same listing as the leaked second season's pass that Boon recently deconfirmed.

Top Bottom