• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Injustice: Gods Among Us |OT| With Super Friends Like These, Who Needs Enemies?

Caspel

Business & Marketing Manager @ GungHo
They've been marketing the hell out of Quinn though, much less with Ivy. She plays a much bigger role in the New 52 and DC is well aware of her...appeal...

This is a given. But I don't think we as fans should be asking for less. That's just weird IMO.

I only ask for quality characters to be in the game that are justifiable. If they have to swap characters out for new ones due to the time it takes to animate, mo-cap, implement voice overs, and what not, then so be it. In addition, I certainly don't want all of the same 24 characters in the next game's storyline. I'd like to see new characters interacting and getting spotlight, no matter who they are.

HG got in due to her popularity in the JL cartoons.

Yeah, I've seen them all. I still believe Wonder Woman and Raven rank above her in terms of importance to DC Comics.

Ryce

Amazing how a main Justice League member has to be classified as a "cult following".
I'm sure you know what I mean. The A-listers are on the disc already, so "cult following" is probably the nicest term I could use to describe popular but not necessary characters like Martian Manhunter.

J-Tier

I only ask for quality characters to be in the game that are justifiable. If they have to swap characters out for new ones due to the time it takes to animate, mo-cap, implement voice overs, and what not, then so be it. In addition, I certainly don't want all of the same 24 characters in the next game's storyline. I'd like to see new characters interacting and getting spotlight, no matter who they are.

I still don't get the point of "logical" swaps. I don't see what's to gain vs. just asking for the characters. *shrugs* but I'll drop the subject.

I'm sure you know what I mean. The A-listers are on the disc already, so "cult following" is probably the nicest term I could use to describe popular but not necessary characters like Martian Manhunter.

All A-listers besides Martian Manhunter*

(Still salty about that xD)

Blue_Beetle_Ted_Kord.jpg

Do it Noob!

J-Tier

I didn't make the connection until years after. She's a great VA.

Same, I only realized it in retrospect after re-watching JLU.

On a different note...I'm pretty impressed with the Red Hood costume for Joker, the more I look at it, the better it looks. My initial impressions before seeing it was that it'll turn out stupid, but no...it doesn't look stupid at all.

Xevren

One change that sounds incredibly nasty to me is for Catwoman. She now has a string that starts off as an overhead. (already had a low combo chain starter) She's gonna be really damn good now. I mean, I never thought she was bad before. Damn.

TDLink

"Guys please play Joker, Sinestro, Bane, and Shazam" is what those notes are telling me.

"Normalized" for "we nerfed the damage" is pretty vague also. Guess we will see just what the damage is (for Superman's stuff especially) after the patch hits.

Overall it seems like they are making the right calls on the patch though. Joker's HA HA HA duration buff may be a little overboard, but we will see.

If I had to categorize the first four characters...

1. Highly requested cult following character - Lobo
2. Batman character - Batgirl
3. Superman character - Zod
4. Guest character - Scorpion

If NRS wants to play it safe again and go with four more mainstream/mass appeal characters from the same groups, I'd like to see:

1. Martian Manhunter
2. Poison Ivy
3. Supergirl
4. Rorschach (revealed at Comic-Con)

My personal requests ignoring any kind of balance or logic would be Martian Manhunter, Swamp Thing, Darkseid, and Gorilla Grodd. My list is heavy on the giant power characters, but that's the archetype I like best.

My man!

Odinson

One change that sounds incredibly nasty to me is for Catwoman. She now has a string that starts off as an overhead. (already had a low combo chain starter) She's gonna be really damn good now. I mean, I never thought she was bad before. Damn.

Yaasss!!! I love her versatilely. I'm starting to pick up cyborg and he's a lot of fun. Think I will get the season pass tomorrow, barb looks like my kinda character.

DRE Fei

I like those Shazam buffs. He was already a great 50/50 character before, but this improved frame data still makes sense.

No Flash changes are listed there, but the only one I would want is more projectile invincibility on db1 startup.

DS forced to use trait now which is a gamble. Probably have to meter burn guns alot more now. Thinking assult rifle will have to be incorperated more. Its a nerf but all it will do is seperate the people who like DS and the people who just want to spam guns. I know I will be using 231 more now.

sephi22

Haven't played Injustice in a while.
Damn Deathstroke got hit hard.

Grundy
A player can now activate a Clash (as a defender) during the 2nd and 3rd hit of Solomon Grundy’s Chain Grabs.

ARE YOU SERIOUS?

shaowebb

Awesome!
dem notes said:
General Fixes

A player no longer receives a loss when an opponent quits an online match.
Fixed an issue where online Hero Cards were not visible if a user had > 30 friends.
Various Online fixes to enhance stability.
A player can now perform a 2in1 combo into background bounces and interactables using Light+Medium buttons on arcade sticks.
This makes the game fully playable on 5 button arcade sticks.
A player can no longer block or escape a throw in the middle of performing a stance switch.
The Fortress of Solitude (Upper Level-Left) Space Ship damage was normalized for all characters.
Fixed an issue that affected some characters when performing a combo on weapon-wielding defenders that were holding grenades in the Batcave.
Fixed various issues where Interactive Objects could obscure the players’ view after being used.
Fixed a rare issue where players could sometimes interact with invisible Interactive Objects.

Character Balance Improvements

Aquaman

Water of Life Character Power now lasts 2 seconds (down from 2.5) and has an 8 second cool down (increased from 7 seconds)
Increased the ability to punish a Trident Scoop (Down, Back, 1) from Aquaman when the defender blocks.
Normalized the amount of damage Aquaman inflicts on an opponent while they are blocking his Trident Rush (Down, Forward + 1)

Ares

Increased viability of Ares’ Teleport when used as a wake up attack.
Opponent’s can now perform a tech roll after being knocked down by Ares’ Invading Force (Back+2, 3) combo.

Bane

Normalized Bane’s backwards throw damage.
Slightly increased speed of Bane’s forward dash.
Reduced the cooldown on Level 2 Venom Boost to 4.5 seconds (down from 6)
Reduced the cooldown on Level 3 Venom Boost to 6 seconds (down from 9)

Catwoman

Catwoman’s Calico Cut (Forward + 1) attack now hits the opponent Overhead and will hit all opponent hitboxes while they are crouching.

Cyborg

Cyborg’s In-Air Projectiles are now a HIGH block instead of a MID.

Deathstroke

Deathstroke now stuns the defender for less time when the defender blocks his gunshots.
Deathstroke now deals slightly less damage when the defender blocks his gunshots.
Deathstroke now lands slightly slower after performing in-air gunshots.

Doomsday

Doomsday’s Hunter (1,1,2) combo no longer inflicts full damage while the opponent is blocking.

Green Arrow

Reduced the amount of block advantage on Green Arrow’s Light It Up (Back+2, 3) combo

Grundy

A player can now activate a Clash (as a defender) during the 2nd and 3rd hit of Solomon Grundy’s Chain Grabs.

Harley Quinn

Harley’s Irresistible combo (1 + Away, 2) no longer inflicts full damage while the opponent is blocking.
Harley’s Hi Puddin combo(2, Down+3) now has less advantage while the opponent is blocking.

Joker

Increased Joker’s Wild Character Power HA! duration to 9 seconds (from 6 seconds).
Increased Joker’s Wild Character Power Parry Damage to 11%
Slightly reduced the start-up frames for Laughing Gas (Down, Forward + 1) and Rolling Laughing Gas (Down, Forward + 2) to allow it to combo consistently on all opponents.

Lobo

Reduced Lobo’s recovery time while loading his Nuclear Shells Character Power to 49 frames (down from 57).
Removed the ability for an opponent to initiate a Clash while being hit by Lobo’s Meter Burn Pump Shots (Down, Forward + 1).
Removed the ability for an opponent to initiate a Clash while being hit by Lobo’s Pump Shots (Down, Forward + 1) while his shotgun is loaded with Nuclear Shells.
Increased the amount of damage an opponent will receive when blocking Lobo’s Pump Shots (Down, Forward + 1) while his shotgun is loaded with Nuclear Shells.

Raven

Raven’s Raven Slash (Down+3) attack now has normalized damage.
Increased viability of Raven’s Teleport when used as a wake up attack.

Shazam

Increased viability of Shazam’s Teleport when used as a wake up attack.
Shazam’s Herculean Might (Down, Back, Forward + 1) on miss is now -17 (down from -27)
Shazam’s Achilles’ Clutch (Down, Back + 1) on miss is now -21 (down from -35)
Shazam’s Solomon’s Judgment Character Power now activates faster
Normalized reaction time for Shazam after escaping an opponent’s throw attempt.

Sinestro

Normalized Sinestro’s Backwards Throw Damage
Arachnid Sting (Down, Forward 2) is now has a block advantage of -12 (down from -36) and is a Mid attack (changed from High).
Beware Your Fears Character Power activation time decreased to 1.66 seconds (down from 2 seconds).

Superman

Normalized the amount of damage scaling on Superman’s combos.
Normalized Superman’s damage scaling while using his Steel Rush (Forward+2, Down+1) combo.

Wonder Woman

Wonder Woman’s Knee Chop (Down+1) attack now inflicts normalized damage during hit and while an opponent is blocking.

GA GOT NERFED?!

I was expecting trait buffs...

sephi22

Is it that big a deal? Serious question, I've been playing Grundy as my secondary and clashes haven't really bothered me too much.
Well, no. It will only affect one of your chain grabs in the entire match.
But the good thing about Grundy was if they didn't wager the initial hit of your chain grab (X), then the next two were guaranteed. I've taken more than a few matches from the jaws of defeat like that.

So now if you grab someone raw on their wakeup, the rest of the 30% damage isn't guaranteed. I guess its a fair nerf.

Ferrio

Banned
Haven't played Injustice in a while.
Damn Deathstroke got hit hard.

ARE YOU SERIOUS?

As much as that sucks for grundy, I think any character that's able to bypass game mechanics is kinda BS. They should of given him something to compensate though.

J-Tier

Well, no. It will only affect one of your chain grabs in the entire match.
But the good thing about Grundy was if they didn't wager the initial hit of your chain grab (X), then the next two were guaranteed. I've taken more than a few matches from the jaws of defeat like that.

So now if you grab someone raw on their wakeup, the rest of the 30% damage isn't guaranteed. I guess its a fair nerf.

Ah okay.

You're right though, one combo makes a significant difference, particularly for Grundy. But I'm not worried, I think floor wiping will still happen.

sephi22

REO's thoughts on it.
http://testyourmight.com/threads/my-thoughts-on-new-balance-patch.32780/

Sinestro - Most cried about character, most significant buffs. (makes sense) Welcome to top 10.

Catwoman - Second most cried about character, second most significant buffs. Now rocket up to Killer Frost tier.

Ares - Still "OK" character in the long run. Probably slightly worse now in general.

Bane - Character is still underpowered compared to rest. Now he's a better low tier character.

Solomon Grundy - "Arrow man no hurt Grundy! Netherrealm, yes hurt Grundy" Biggest nerf for no reason.

Deathstroke - Second biggest nerfs to suit the cry babies.

Cyborg - Third biggest nerf, but at least his fireballs still keep his core game strategy.

Green Arrow - Nerfed just so we can see Chris G shake his head more on salt cam.

Haley Quinn - Nerfed because she should be worse than Joker, I guess? Makes sense.

Joker - Could be better than Harley now or on her level.

Lobo - Worse than Bane now.

Shazam - If he can do it as fast as Superman's trait, then we may have another good character on our hands. Other buffs are OK, but don't help him in his big problematic areas.

Superman - He's still top.

Aquaman - Now he will have to turtle an extra second longer to get his trait back.

Raven - Wake-ups game slightly better now, but she is still the same pretty much.

Introducing the UMadBro? Clan - Leader Batman
Members: Black Adam, Killer Frost, Green Lantern, and Nightwing

SuperBonk

The only nerf I sort of agree with is Aquaman's trait. Having essentially infinite combo breakers always seemed kind of broken to me.

Deathstroke's nerfs seem pretty severe and seem to be the result of online players' rage. If their intention was to satisfy the online community, I would much rather have seen them buff characters who have a hard time getting in.

Khezu

The only nerf I sort of agree with is Aquaman's trait. Having essentially infinite combo breakers always seemed kind of broken to me.

Deathstroke's nerfs seem pretty severe and seem to be the result of online players' rage. If their intention was to satisfy the online community, I would much rather have seen them buff characters who have a hard time getting in.

Ya, but that would cause all kinds of imbalances in other non Deathstroke match ups.

SuperBonk

Ya, but that would cause all kinds of imbalances in other non Deathstroke match ups.

Well I would hope the buffs would be subtle enough not to drastically change up the tier list. The reason I like this game is because almost every character seems super good and it's fun to figure out a way around their strengths rather than praying they get nerfed.

But you're essentially right, which is why I don't think they should listen to the online players in the first place.

Caspel

Injustice no longer works for me on my Xbox. This sucks. I just got the game a few days ago. The weird part is that it works for me offline. So long as I am not signed into my main Xbox Live account, I can play. But once I sign use my Xbox Live account to sign in and play, it freezes at the start when it tells me about automatic saving.

SuperBonk

Injustice no longer works for me on my Xbox. This sucks. I just got the game a few days ago. The weird part is that it works for me offline. So long as I am not signed into my main Xbox Live account, I can play. But once I sign use my Xbox Live account to sign in and play, it freezes at the start when it tells me about automatic saving.

Had this happen to me today too. Clear your cache and it'll work. Seems like other people in this thread and elsewhere have had this problem.

Xevren

I had that problem, I deleted the patch and redownloaded it and it started working again. Worth a shot.

Caspel

Had this happen to me today too. Clear your cache and it'll work. Seems like other people in this thread and elsewhere have had this problem.

Going to give it a try. I hope this is the case or else I'm going to be severely disappointed. Thanks for the heads up.

The Light

People on tym said a fix to this is to clear your cache

Top Bottom