• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Injustice: Gods Among Us |OT| With Super Friends Like These, Who Needs Enemies?

Archon473

1368972854-batman-ao-preorder.jpg

Add this skin to Injustice, oh please

Says sword spin will be +4 on hit. What was it before?

It was likely +4 but the frame data showed it as being disadvantaged. I think the coded data isn't being changed, they're just correcting the displayed frame data to reflect the final hit of multi-hitting moves as opposed to the initial hit which is shown as of v1.02. Sword Spin currently is advantaged on hit but disadvantaged on block (though difficult to punish depending on character distance).

WatTsu

Supes' breath was overpowered? I never actually use it.

And I can't help but notice the distinct lack of Aquaman in those balance notes. Speed+short animation cycles+range make him super annoying.

shaowebb

Thread got moved on the patch leaks

Here is a quote of the highlights. Shout outs to Test Your Might for always being on top of this game.

m2dave from TYM said:
I am asking everyone in this thread to be respectful to the developer(s). Do not spam anyone's private message inbox, Twitter, or Facebook page with rants and complaints, please.

With that said, I asked about Deathstroke's changes for the patch coming with Batgirl on Tuesday. Here is the response that all of you are curious about.

"ds changes are -9 on low gunshot (from -4), slightly less falling after ags, less chip on lgs, ss isn't punishable on hit anymore its +4 now"

So I assume that Low Shots will have 5 more frames of recovery, which is devastating (unless the developer was talking about block stun?), especially considering the chip damage reduction too. I think these changes are undoubtedly an overkill and can potentially ruin the character, but we shall see how everything plays out on Tuesday. I am, however, unsure what those aforementioned numbers are referring to. Low Shots have never been -4 on block. They are approximately -12 when blocked at point blank range. Green Lantern gets free lift (10F) while The Flash gets free charge (11F).

I am also uncertain what "slightly less falling after ags" means. Will aerial gun shots have a quicker recover because you fall faster to the ground?

Sword Spin will be +4 on hit at all times. That is unquestionably a nice buff.

Other observed chat notes on the patch.

- no changes to Black Adam
- Sinestro's trait loads 35% faster and d,f+2 to hit mid and recover at -11F
- Superman's breath to be changed to -1 on block

Xevren

Supes' breath was overpowered? I never actually use it.

And I can't help but notice the distinct lack of Aquaman in those balance notes. Speed+short animation cycles+range make him super annoying.

Only thing remotely OP about Aquaman is his trait.

Khezu

Honestly, the only thing I would nerf about Deathstroke is his J3, fuck that thing.

But that's probably just me sucking at Air to Airs.

shaowebb

Only thing remotely OP about Aquaman is his trait.

That dude can fully convert off any high or low or punish into over 30% combos without even trying and his zoning allows for easy cheap damage. On hit that trident low tracking projectile that he can do will result in over 20%+ and on chip its still good. He also has a great AA and huge pokes plus the water shield which could be front dash canceled to put him right in kill range with his trident from over half screen. On top of that the shield could also be meter burned to explode to put you full screen if you tried to get in on it.

Dude has everything ever for offense, great range, and his defense is amazing, and he aint even hard on his timing for combos. I dont know if he is OP, but dont downplay the man.

Ryce

I don't care what she looks like, I'm just afraid the Power Girl brigade got to Ed Boon's head. I mean... nothing against Power Girl, but if we're going to get a woman with Superman's powers, I'd rather have the more recognizable, "important" one. I've always seen her as DC's third most iconic female hero (if we're counting Catwoman as a villain), and I'd hate to see her get left out for her more obscure Earth-Two counterpart. That wouldn't sit right with my OCD.

Boon had the good sense to recognize that despite losing his "poll," Batgirl is an important and popular character outside of the message boards, so hopefully he realizes Supergirl means better business than Power Girl. That S emblem markets itself.

J-Tier

I don't care what she looks like, I'm just afraid the Power Girl brigade got to Ed Boon's head. I mean... nothing against Power Girl, but if we're going to get a woman with Superman's powers, I'd rather have the more recognizable, "important" one. I've always seen her as DC's third most iconic female hero (if we're counting Catwoman as a villain), and I'd hate to see her get left out for her more obscure Earth-Two counterpart. That wouldn't sit right with my OCD.

Boon had the good sense to recognize that despite losing his "poll," Batgirl is an important and popular character outside of the message boards, so hopefully he realizes Supergirl means better business than Power Girl. That S emblem markets itself.
Yeah, I kinda agree with this. Kara is the best =D

I only supported PG because it would've meant no Scorpion and instead we'd get MMH and Atrocitus. Oh well.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Thinking of switching from Nightwing to Cyborg. Does Cyborg actually have any legit combos/strings or is he mostly dope because of his zoning right now?

I haven't followed the metagame at all and have barely played since I got it because I've been busy.

Khezu

Thinking of switching from Nightwing to Cyborg. Does Cyborg actually have any legit combos/strings or is he mostly dope because of his zoning right now?

I haven't followed the metagame at all and have barely played since I got it because I've been busy.

Mostly Zoning I believe, but I know very little about cyborg.

He can get around 30-35% midscreen.

Not sure how effect he is at straight rushdown, but he does have some interesting setups with his ziplines.

Grimsen

I played a guy on XBL that was level 104. His Superman was the brain dead kind, but I have a hard time beating that. His Batman couldn't dent my first lifebar though.

I think I'm gonna play some Supes, just so I can learn to beat him.

Dropping Lex, too, his shit just comes out too slow. Might pick up Grundy. I was a grappler fan in the VS games, I find dodging crap to throw ppl to death kinda fun. :p

Caspel

Business & Marketing Manager @ GungHo
I played a guy on XBL that was level 104. His Superman was the brain dead kind, but I have a hard time beating that. His Batman couldn't dent my first lifebar though.

Dropping Lex, too, his shit just comes out too slow. Might pick up Grundy. I was a grappler fan in the VS games, I find dodging crap to throw ppl to death kinda fun. :p

My zoner = Cyborg. My grappler = Doomsday. Aquaman has been the easiest character to use. I do enjoy playing Lex when someone is a zoner, but if the opponent selects anyone with speed, Lex is toast.

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.

Oh, you level above 100? Huh.

Lost Fragment

Obsessed with 4chan
Guess Harley Quinn isn't as viable as I hoped. Time to switch to a scumbag character. Maybe Shazam or Killer Frost?

Harley ain't top tier but she's good. She's not as straightforward as a lot of other characters but she isn't super-difficult either.

I don't get why people care about tier lists unless they're a tournament player.

Khezu

So if the two weeks between DLC characters coming out continues to hold true, Zod will be out on June 4th, that is a week and a half before Man of Steel is out.

Do you think they will delay the DLC a week or two to get the releases closer? Or I suppose they could release Scorpion first. They did delay freddy an extra week so they could market him, they even had commercials on TV about him. Zod is kind of a big deal.

Guess Harley Quinn isn't as viable as I hoped. Time to switch to a scumbag character. Maybe Shazam or Killer Frost?

Harley is fun. I'm never going to drop her whatever flaws she has. This is the only case if you go to tournaments and you have to pick characters like Batman, Superman, Black Adam, etc to win. But since I don't go to tournaments, I stick with her.

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
So if the two weeks between DLC characters coming out continues to hold true, Zod will be out on June 4th, that is a week and a half before Man of Steel is out.

Do you think they will delay the DLC a week or two to get the releases closer? Or I suppose they could release Scorpion first. They did delay freddy an extra week so they could market him, they even had commercials on TV about him. Zod is kind of a big deal.

I figured they would release Scorpion then Zod...but thinking of it that way it seems crazy that Scorpion of all people would be so close.

Moaradin

Once the patch is out and the fix the rage quit = loss for you, I hope they clear the rage quit losses from your profile. I swear I have at least 50 losses just from rage quits.

Lost Fragment

Obsessed with 4chan
I hope the changes don't hurt Deathstroke too much. Even with nerfing low gunshot he's still gonna be a scrub killer.

Once the patch is out and the fix the rage quit = loss for you, I hope they clear the rage quit losses from your profile. I swear I have at least 50 losses just from rage quits.

If it retroactively fixes your w/l ratio it's going to be hilarious, but I doubt it'll work that way :(

Decided to pick up this game after watching ECT top 8. The game looks pretty fun and it has Joker.

I was not able to find any Joker match footage though. Is he considered low tier at the moment? Any suggestions on who to follow to watch some solid Joker play?

shaowebb

Decided to pick up this game after watching ECT top 8. The game looks pretty fun and it has Joker.

I was not able to find any Joker match footage though. Is he considered low tier at the moment? Any suggestions on who to follow to watch some solid Joker play?

Dude has stuff, but his mobility is kind of ass. Utilizing his teeth to gain loop combos is pretty great though and he has great resets. His trait is a pain to try and setup though. If they've gotten in on you then you've already goofed too much given he's a poke and space control sorta guy.

Here's the Joker forum on TYM

Pretty much your go to area on the character for any and all questions.

Also if you want swag his resets are insane.
Double Reset that does something like 93%

Credit goes to sunlord5 for that one. Here is him explaining how to get it to work.
sunlord5 from Test Your Might said:
JI2, 2 ~ MB RLG, med-high-hitting B+3, D+2 ~ Far teeth, 2 ~ BF+2, B+3, D+2 ~ Far teeth 2 ~ BF+2, B+3, ji2, 32 Acid Flower.

The first teeth should appear behind their feet. Walk forward for less than a second after each wall bounce. Hit them with 2 acid flower when they are at about med height. If the first B+3 hits low go for the single reset.

Here's the single reset:

JI2, 2 ~ DB+2+Meterburn, B+3, D2 DB3 ~ F, 2~BF+2, B+3 JI2 32 BF+2 (70 something%?)

If you want end it with sweep and Ji2 or Ji1 for an ambiguous cross up that looks like a front attack but hits them from behind.

Zephyrus

Banned

go to youtube and write "Joker CAT"

best Joker player in the US

Ryce

ZG685o9.jpg

Here's all the info on tomorrow's DLC:
- Batgirl will be available for $4.99, or free to Season Pass holders.
- Bane's Luchador skin is FREE with the compatibility pack.
- The Killing Joke and Red Son skin packs will be available for $2.99 each, and are not included in the Season Pass.
The wait's killing me.

And it looks like Boon's at it again…

Is SPRING considered the second season?

Coupled with the poll results he's milking out and Pesina's mocap Tweet, I'm betting on there being more characters.

Tek

I just got the game two weeks ago so this Zombie mode DLC is new to me. I gathered it was an exclusive pre order for Best Buy and it hasn't be released to the general masses? If so, any idea when?

Zephyrus

Banned
I just got the game two weeks ago so this Zombie mode DLC is new to me. I gathered it was an exclusive pre order for Best Buy and it hasn't be released to the general masses? If so, any idea when?

go to the download option on the game. It's there for purchase

Tek

go to the download option on the game. It's there for purchase

Oh ok, I'm at work at the moment so I couldn't check. I looked on the xbox live page and it only lists 6 game add ons

Lobo
Teen Titans Skin pack
Compat Pack 1: Flashpoint Batman Skin
Bad Girls Skin Pack
Flashpoint Skin Pack
Season Pass

So that is why I was wondering...

Nori Chan

So Powergirl is the 3rd lowest person in the poll.

Boon also tweeted a youtube video called: "Seasons in the Sun"

keyword being seasons :O

Ryce

So Powergirl is the 3rd lowest person in the poll.

Boon also tweeted a youtube video called: "Seasons in the Sun"

keyword being seasons :O
"Season in the Sun" = Summer

He also Tweeted something about "second season." Season Pass 2 begins in the summer. Mark my words.

onionfrog

Ryce said:
- The Killing Joke and Red Son skin packs will be available for $2.99 each, and are not included in the Season Pass.
So glad I sold my Red Son skin for $15 shortly after the game came out.
Red Son Pack paid for my season pass. Muahahaha!!!
I'm excited for batgirl, her gameplay looks dope. I'm ready to hang people from the ceiling.

Top Bottom