• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Injustice: Gods Among Us |OT| With Super Friends Like These, Who Needs Enemies?

WanderingWind

Mecklemore Is My Favorite Wrapper
Just played the demo. Fantastic. Before I run and buy it for the 360, is there any solid info on whether or not it's coming to PC? Googled around a bit and there are rumors, but nothing substantial I could find

J-Tier

Just played the demo. Fantastic. Before I run and buy it for the 360, is there any solid info on whether or not it's coming to PC? Googled around a bit and there are rumors, but nothing substantial I could find

I wouldn't bank on it coming to PC, MK9 hasn't even gone on PC yet. Also, DC would probably be very wary of giving the character models to the hands of the general modding community.

shaowebb

I think I'm gonna start playing meter whore Green Arrow now. Turns out that nerf was to remove a small block infinite that was found in the corner so I have to agree with it. But no damage boost to arrows or trait has me thinking that reset fishing and doing long combos is the wrong way.

He's got two meter burnable moves that are some of the best punishes in the game.
  • Air Dead On is 3 frames of startup and 22% damage and covers both in front of and behind people by a huge margin.
  • Air Sky Alert has a 5 frame startup and does 26% damage and covers an equally ridiculous area

These moves have shit recovery, but the startup on them is so fast and the damage so high that I'm wondering if perhaps he should be a meter whore who abuses big damage punishes. I want to see if I can start hitting these consistent on reaction to folks and I'm going to count the damage over a match as it plays out to see if its working. Land 2 get maximum 52%? Sounds worth the effort.

I'm gonna lab out and test a meter whore Green Arrow to go along with that Fire and Electric arrow emphasis I've been wanting to utilize and see if his overall damage during a match gets better that way. If nothing else it'll allow me more control over meter against clashes than the whole "all or nothing" 4 bar super shenanigans with Ice Arrow I see people sticking to.

If Green Arrow didn't get damage or arrow buffs...there has to be a reason. Time to start using his bigger damaging arrow attacks and see if they become cornerstones or not to his offense. Wish me luck.

Also congrats to Bane and Shazam! They needed it.

DorianD

Thankfully, clearing the cache works. Thanks to all that gave me a quick heads up.

Would anyone know how to do this on the PS3 (PSN dowloaded) with out downloading the whole game again? I have been runnning into freezes when selecting lobbies, player matches, and when internet related error messages pop up on screen.

WanderingWind

Mecklemore Is My Favorite Wrapper
I wouldn't bank on it coming to PC, MK9 hasn't even gone on PC yet. Also, DC would probably be very wary of giving the character models to the hands of the general modding community.

Cool, thanks.

One issue I had in the demo, and I'm sure this is due to noobness, but when I activate WW's ultimate, she slaps him with her shield and he just sort of dies. He's not blocking and the hit connects, but he just dies without any other animation besides WW giving out the pimp slap of justice.

What's up with that?

SuperBonk

Cool, thanks.

One issue I had in the demo, and I'm sure this is due to noobness, but when I activate WW's ultimate, she slaps him with her shield and he just sort of dies. He's not blocking and the hit connects, but he just dies without any other animation besides WW giving out the pimp slap of justice.

What's up with that?

If the character has low health and you hit them with a super, they don't make you watch the whole animation. Same thing for level transitions. It happens in every round.

Nori Chan

of course deathstroke gets nerfed :(

cant wait til he gets a buffed when the 8th character hits so he could look good for arkham origins

One change that sounds incredibly nasty to me is for Catwoman. She now has a string that starts off as an overhead. (already had a low combo chain starter) She's gonna be really damn good now. I mean, I never thought she was bad before. Damn.

What's the low combo starter? Want to play her more since she disrupts the flow of the one person I play this seriously with.

Caspel

Business & Marketing Manager @ GungHo
Has NR mentioned much about the classic battle mode endings for the characters? Are they all throwaway? A few mentions of nonplayable DC comic heroes and villains, so I'm a bit curious if any hold weight.

J-Tier

Has NR mentioned much about the classic battle mode endings for the characters? Are they all throwaway? A few mentions of nonplayable DC comic heroes and villains, so I'm a bit curious if any hold weight.

NRS hasn't talked about this stuff at all, at least not that I know of. Not sure what that means, though I don't think they're significant...

Jagxyz

Ugh, so frustrating to be able to land combos 9/10 times offline, but never get them off online.

Think I'm just gonna have to stick with 20% combos, maybe I can actually land them :-/

TheShah

Maybe people will realize how good rushdown Deathstroke can be. His jumping heavy is amazing and his 50/50s are nasty. At least in my experience. The Deathstrokes that stay in my face give me far more trouble than zoning ones.

shaowebb

BTW that general fix that allows me to use Stick now is pure sex. Thank you NRS! Now that the shortcuts work on stick its time to rock.

J-Tier

Ugh, so frustrating to be able to land combos 9/10 times offline, but never get them off online.

Think I'm just gonna have to stick with 20% combos, maybe I can actually land them :-/

I have this issue with Aquaman, and only Aquaman. Try it offline -- it works, try it online -- doesn't work, goes back offline -- it still works.

Online, the timing is different as there's always a lag regardless of connection, and for certain characters, the inputs have an even tighter window for executing the commands. So tighter execution + different timing make the longer and more "swaggier" combos inviable for the online environment.

NRS hasn't talked about this stuff at all, at least not that I know of. Not sure what that means, though I don't think they're significant...

Did they ever matter in MK? I still want the Liu-Kang Costume from his ending.

LiuKang_god.jpg

Moaradin

Harley nerfs don't really make any sense, but they're so minor it's whatever.

Overall these are good patch notes and I didn't expect them to change so much.

Jagxyz

I have this issue with Aquaman, and only Aquaman. Try it offline -- it works, try it online -- doesn't work, goes back offline -- it still works.

Online, the timing is different as there's always a lag regardless of connection, and for certain characters, the inputs have an even tighter window for executing the commands. So tighter execution + different timing make the longer and more "swaggier" combos inviable for the online environment.

Yeah, it's definitely harder for some characters in particular. For Raven, getting that f222 off of her mb force grab is impossible for me online, I always end up doing a 22 instead and dropping the combo.
Go offline and try the same thing? Easy peasy.

I think I'm gonna start playing meter whore Green Arrow now. Turns out that nerf was to remove a small block infinite that was found in the corner so I have to agree with it. But no damage boost to arrows or trait has me thinking that reset fishing and doing long combos is the wrong way.

He's got two meter burnable moves that are some of the best punishes in the game.
  • Air Dead On is 3 frames of startup and 22% damage and covers both in front of and behind people by a huge margin.
  • Air Sky Alert has a 5 frame startup and does 26% damage and covers an equally ridiculous area

These moves have shit recovery, but the startup on them is so fast and the damage so high that I'm wondering if perhaps he should be a meter whore who abuses big damage punishes. I want to see if I can start hitting these consistent on reaction to folks and I'm going to count the damage over a match as it plays out to see if its working. Land 2 get maximum 52%? Sounds worth the effort.

I'm gonna lab out and test a meter whore Green Arrow to go along with that Fire and Electric arrow emphasis I've been wanting to utilize and see if his overall damage during a match gets better that way. If nothing else it'll allow me more control over meter against clashes than the whole "all or nothing" 4 bar super shenanigans with Ice Arrow I see people sticking to.

If Green Arrow didn't get damage or arrow buffs...there has to be a reason. Time to start using his bigger damaging arrow attacks and see if they become cornerstones or not to his offense. Wish me luck.

Also congrats to Bane and Shazam! They needed it.

Let us know how it works out. I'd love if Useless Arrow turned out to be not-so-useless after all (but I'll still call it that). I see obvious uses for electric arrow with b3 launches but yeah, there's got to be more to him and the other non-ice arrows. I can do almost as much damage as GA's bnbs with Nightwing just j3 and WingDinging all day so there's got to be something more for GA players to discover. I've been messing around with him on the side and he's super fun. As a Reptile player myself, I can sort of see why ChrisG went with GA in this game.

I had the same problem, really the only way around it is to input the strings and specials even faster. I don't really like the dial-a-combo system the game uses.

Xevren

This is why I cant play online. If I had no offline people to play with I could probably get used to it. Going from offline to online is just so awful.

SUPARSTARX

Still not much Bane buffs. Debuff duration lowered is decent but would still like the Venom buff/debuff to reset between rounds.

BadAss2961

True, but it rarely seems to stop top Aquaman players from landing their 40% combos on me. lol

Just played some random ranked matches with my DS and I did not use guns unless my opponent jumped or I traited. Won all of them. Think it was 7 matches. Still have one of the best f3's. B222 is still a good overhead. Of course spin is still awesome. Im not worried about the nerf. There will still fun to be had.

It's ok. You can use your guns. We're not going to judge you.

I was just practicing for the patch. I admit I get lazy sometimes and spam those suckers. When my friends come over to play (they casual), if I use DS, I am not allowed to use guns so that has made me learn his pressure game. I feel have a grasp of DS in all areas of his game. I still get slaughtered by great rushdown players.

J-Tier

yeah...

I have this wierd thing that I main whoever looks cool.

I respect that.

I have this thing where I try to main my favorite character from the source material.

Didn't work out though...
My favorite character is Harley

I currently main Black Adam.

Lost Fragment

Obsessed with 4chan
Yeah I'm having trouble wrapping my head around the Harley nerf. Her 2D3 string is one of the main things that made her close range pressure not so bad. With the way it's worded though, it sounds like it'll still be plus, but maybe not plus enough to frame trap back into itself.

Solomon Grundy chain grab nerf is really dumb.

I understand why they nerfed DS even if I wished they didn't do it.

Bleh. I wish NRS could just let shit gel for a while before bringing out major character patches.

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
The grundy change seems the most severe to me, that sucks.

As for the rest...well, I think it needs to be seen first to gauge. Deathstroke specifically says slightly less damage for blocked guns, and the actual change on blockstun isn't known. Same with all of the 'normalized damage' things.

Deathstroke nerf really sucks for offline players but I understand why it matters in online. A lot of the time I feel like I time my dashes perfectly between gunshots and still end up getting hit. The window to dash between his shots is super-tight and doesn't mesh well with even minor input lag. Dashing is on Dpad is annoying enough without being pressured by quick gun shots. Hope he's still good after this.

sephi22

Deathstroke nerf really sucks for offline players but I understand why it matters in online. A lot of the time I feel like I time my dashes perfectly between gunshots and still end up getting hit. The window to dash between his shots is super-tight and doesn't mesh well with even minor input lag. Dashing is annoying on Dpad enough as it is. Hope he's still good after this.

Nerfing should never be done based on online.

Tizoc

So I finally got the game yesterday for PS3, tried everyone's super, and I now wanna main Black Adam, cuz he's got a badass stance XP.
Hook me up with those BA strats, broskis.

Nerfing should never be done based on online.

What if a hybrid system was used? Like if certain moves had slightly different properties online and offline. So Deathstroke's pistol shots would have slightly longer recovery or slightly less blockstun online, but would remain untouched offline? I mean, offline tourney players don't generally practice online anyway right?

You can probably just buffer it.

Perhaps. Dashing is quite bothersome for me since I play Batman and constantly have to get in there. Easier dashing seems like the biggest advantage of using a stick, though I suck at anything where I have to use my fingers to input commands. Would be nice if there was a macro like in Marvel (replace stance change?) but I'll deal with it.

A Pretty Panda

fuckin' called it, man
So I finally got the game yesterday for PS3, tried everyone's super, and I now wanna main Black Adam, cuz he's got a badass stance XP.
Hook me up with those BA strats, broskis.

1) He has a stupid trait that is both stupid and stupid
2) He has 2 foot dive kicks
3) I should block high up close and block those lightenings low
4) He does a lot of damage
5) He doesn't look that black

These are the things I keep in mind when I fight BA so like just switch the words around so it's like you're the one playing him

Top Bottom