• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Injustice: Gods Among Us |OT| With Super Friends Like These, Who Needs Enemies?

Ryce

So... why Lobo became a bad guy from one patch to another?
I guess the "DLC 1" slot is in the bottom left, which is why Lobo was put there since he was the first one. He was always coded as a bad guy, though; winning with him counts towards the "villain victories" stat and he has villain clash dialog with Deathstroke and Shazam.

DRE Fei

Yeah, Batgirl is legit. Excellent high/low mixup in close range and her anti-zoning game is good.

Corner super combo:

f21~db2u, f21, f21, f21, 11u2~super 58%

Marz

Bat girl seems really balanced. Like she's really good and has some nice tools, but she needs a ton of meter to do decent damage.

Caspel

Business & Marketing Manager @ GungHo
I once was against Batgirl being included, but after playing as her: Damn, she's awesome! Going to main her for a bit.

RM8

Guise, guise. Can anyone kindly explain to me what I'd be missing if I buy this on WiiU and not on PS3? Other than an active online community. Thanks in advance.

Guise, guise. Can anyone kindly explain to me what I'd be missing if I buy this on WiiU and not on PS3? Other than an active online community. Thanks in advance.

Two playable characters now, Lobo and Batgirl, two later, Zod and Scorpion

Like 12+ costumes

Caspel

Business & Marketing Manager @ GungHo
Many zoners will rage quit against her online. She's like the rushdown answer to keep away in this game.

Yup! I'll be using her in the office tomorrow against colleagues that zone with Deathstroke and even Aquaman.

fader

im really trying to get good at this game. anyone on xbox? i would love to run some game later when i wake up.
GT: eyekantspele

fader

Two playable characters now, Lobo and Batgirl, two later, Zod and Scorpion

Like 12+ costumes

I...*sigh*.... I just don't like the decision to put Scorpion in the game....

I understand that Scorpion is Ed Boon's favorite character. I also understand Freddy Krueger was the highest selling DLC for MK9, but there was a reason... He was a out-of-the-box Character that was interesting.
Scorpion is not. You can play Scorpion in 9 other Mortal Kombat games. can'y NRS just make ONE game without MK characters?

J-Tier

I...*sigh*.... I just don't like the decision to put Scorpion in the game....

I understand that Scorpion is Ed Boon's favorite character. I also understand Freddy Krueger was the highest selling DLC for MK9, but there was a reason... He was a out-of-the-box Character that was interesting.
Scorpion is not. You can play Scorpion in 9 other Mortal Kombat games. can'y NRS just make ONE game without MK characters?

I'm with ya on that.

Also, I don't think Injustice even needs help with a "noticeable character" as they're doing extremely well sales-wise. I put "noticeable character" in quotes as I do NOT think Scorpion is as marketable as Freddy Krueger, and definitely not more marketable than various DCU characters.

Khezu

Well it sold less then MK9, so clearly Scorpion is more marketable then any DC character lol.

But seriously, its 1 character out of 32, it doesn't ruin the game because he is in it, and sure you can plays as him in MK9, but this is a very different game then any of the MK games in the past, and it will be very cool to see him translated into these mechanics.

fader

I'm with ya on that.

Also, I don't think Injustice even needs help with a "noticeable character" as they're doing extremely well sales-wise. I put "noticeable character" in quotes as I do NOT think Scorpion is as marketable as Freddy Krueger, and definitely not more marketable than various DCU characters.

EXACTLY! This game is doing so much better than MK vs DC thus far, why waste a DLC slot on a MK character people seen 9 times when you can add a DC character people would love to see?

Dont get me wrong to, I love Scorpion, hes my favorite MK character, but he just does NOT belong in this game...

ReiGun

Scorpion is in, I imagine, for two reasons:

1. They made the decision before the game launched and were unsure how it would do in sales. Guest characters are big now, so it's another way to entice people to buy the game and the DLC.

2. The figure Scorp will push more DLC than, say, Zatanna or Red Hood. And hey, he very well may.

Still feels like a waste, but thems the breaks I suppose.

J-Tier

Well it sold less then MK9, so clearly Scorpion is more marketable then any DC character lol.
Lol, that's accurate. Seriously though, the character Scorpion being more marketable than a Batman rogues gallery, in example, is highly doubtful.

J-Tier

sold less? wait, did they release the selling figures yet?

I don't think there's a way to accurately gauge and compare the sales at this point. Too early for Injustice, but we know it has been topping charts.

On a different note...fuuuuu--! Forgot the DLC characters can't be viewed in the model viewer. I wanted to see how Babs looked without the weird hunched position.

shaowebb

Batgirl wont be making tournies till she's hotfixed is my guess. You see she's glitched right now and has infinites.

Here is Test Your Might's Still Alive demonstrating THE BATGIRL INFINITE

Plus even if it cost meter if she had 4 bars it might just kill anyways so yeah...expect that hotfixed and soon.
dookieagain from TYM said:
Batgirl can meter burn bf1 without meter and reset bolo knockdown using a whiffed move. Makes for super easy infinites.

Step it up Gaf. Your behind on tech. Also WW cant jump after B3 now for some reason. Confirmed glitch that delays her jump after that now and it means she cant do her main BnB combo.

I'll post more as I find out. Also Stroke's sword spin is now neutral on block...the +4 rumor didn't happen even though it did get buffed.

Xevren

Batgirl wont be making tournies till she's hotfixed is my guess. You see she's glitched right now and has infinites.

Plus even if it cost meter if she had 4 bars it might just kill anyways so yeah...expect that hotfixed and soon.

Step it up Gaf. Your behind on tech. Also WW cant jump after B3 now for some reason. Confirmed glitch that delays her jump after that now and it means she cant do her main BnB combo.

I'll post more as I find out. Also Stroke's sword spin is now neutral on block...the +4 rumor didn't happen even though it did get buffed.

Hey you step it up, I posted about the WW stuff this morning! Shit sucks. Just gonna be using KF until she gets her B3 stuff back I guess.

J-Tier

Actually seeing it in motion, Catwoman's Weaboo costume isn't half bad, the others are still terrible though.

I'm okay with them, as long as we get even more costumes for those who lack them...

Somehow I don't see that happening =( We'll probably getting one or two tops for the likes of Killer Frost, Ares, and possibly Hawkgirl and Black Adam...if even that.

one_kill

How does the game control? Is it a hard game to learn?

I mostly play the Capcom fighters, but I'm also familiar with games like SoulCalibur and BlazBlue. I haven't played Mortal Kombat. I'm still on the fence about getting the game, but I'm tempted to buy it seeing how it's discounted in one of my local stores.

J-Tier

I mostly play the Capcom fighters, but I'm also familiar with games like SoulCalibur and BlazBlue. I haven't played Mortal Kombat. I'm still on the fence about getting the game, but I'm tempted to buy it seeing how it's discounted in one of my local stores.

Injustice has...Back to block, uncancelable dashes, and dialed combos. Overall, Street Fighter fundamentals should transfer over well (blocking, footsies, mixups on wakeup, anti-airing, etc). The fighting system is a tad "clunky" from the start, but it's easy to adjust to once you wrap your head around it.

Khezu

It's pretty easy to learn, just kinda really weird and takes a bit of getting used to.

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.

Yeah, I have no idea how they missed the fact that you can MB that with no meter, lol. Not really a huge deal as it's obviously going to get fixed, but pretty funny.

I am liking the Joker buff to his gas can, he can do it out of a few more strings now. Don't really think the HA duration buff does much as it's still damn near useless, same with slightly more damage off parry.

Have you downloaded the demo on Live or PSN? Try it out if you can.

J-Tier

Don't really think the HA duration buff does much as it's still damn near useless, same with slightly more damage off parry.

Yeah, I wish his trait was a little more viable. The timing is so strict, the the length of time each "Ha" lasts, as well as the length of the final "Ha ha ha!" is so short that it's not very useful. Comparing it to how derp Supe's and Aquaman's traits are, I'd like to see Joker get a little more advantages to his trait.

WatTsu

It's different from those games, but it's in no way difficult to play. It's probably going to be a little stiff at first if you aren't used to the recent MK style, but as soon as you start to understand the systems it gets really smooth really fast. Honestly, it's not too challenging to pick up. The amount of stuff going on - interactables, clashes, stage transitions, meter burns, etc. - seems like a lot but the game has a good tutorial that eases you into it and if you can pick up half or most of it you can go online and play and have a good time for the most part. You might get stuck with some people that are out of your league until the game figures out your TrueSkill rank but that's playing online fighting games for you.

I think this is the best fighting game I've played in a while, probably since SF4. P4 Arena came close but this game has more characters, more interesting systems, and a lot more to do. You should check it out if it's discounted.

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
Yeah, I wish his trait was a little more viable. The timing is so strict, the the length of time each "Ha" lasts, as well as the length of the final "Ha ha ha!" is so short that it's not very useful. Comparing it to how derp Supe's and Aquaman's traits are, I'd like to see Joker get a little more advantages to his trait.

Not even just the trait, compare it to other parries. Batman and Killer Frost have a 1 frame parry, and KF can burn it into a combo, lol. Batman also does 12% with his. Joker's is a 2 frame and is active for a short time, like it was made weaker for the buff, but the buff itself is not nearly worth the risk.

But yeah, eating a giant combo on an attempted parry that if it lands gets you a 9 second small speed boost vs. superman hitting a button and getting more damage and armor breaking is an...injustice. *shades*

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
I wonder what traits they will give Sub-Zero and Scorpion and how they will update them for this game. Brutalities will be back!

I wonder what traits they will give Sub-Zero and Scorpion and how they will update them for this game. Brutalities will be back!

If people complain about the current animation and movement in the game I shudder to think what they'd say about true Brutalities coming back (not the "in-name-only" version from MKvsDC used just to avoid the word Fatality for the heroes). If you're talking about something like a canned combo extender, we've got Catwoman or Grundy's traits as examples of where they could go with that.

One thing I'd enjoy for Sub or Scorpion if they do make it in is if their trait either "chilled" or "heated" an interactable for a period of time. Either make it so that it's just a deterrent (using a Sub traited object would freeze you or a Scorpion one would burn and do damage) or make it a real hazard where moving to/making contact with the object would inflict the effects. I'd just love it if they had something to totally differentiate themselves from their MK gameplay while also highlighting what's unique about Injustice and interacting with the interactables in some meaningful way would be interesting to see.

I realize this is crazy and would probably lead to a ton of problems and glitches in light of stuff like the stage camera bugs but I'm just throwing ideas out. Picking a stage can and should be as important as picking something like your Ultra or Groove I think, it's just unfortunate that the stage selection process was implemented pretty poorly.

Khezu

Man, my execution is so ass, I have such problems with doing jump in attacks with directional based attacks, like J2 B2U3.

Top Bottom