• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Injustice: Gods Among Us |OT| With Super Friends Like These, Who Needs Enemies?

SUPARSTARX

Am I the only person that gets really annoyed reading TYM? People make new threads for one combo and call it "tech", nobody merges info, etc.

Ryce

Slamtastic posted it above.

Is it me, or did they change Catwomans face again?
Catwoman's face is modeled the same for all of her costumes, but the changes in makeup, hair, and accessories kind of give off the impression that they're different. Wonder Woman's the same way. None of the characters actually have "different" faces.

How does the game control? Is it a hard game to learn?

I mostly play the Capcom fighters, but I'm also familiar with games like SoulCalibur and BlazBlue. I haven't played Mortal Kombat. I'm still on the fence about getting the game, but I'm tempted to buy it seeing how it's discounted in one of my local stores.

If you can learn BlazBlue, this game will be easy.

Try the demo though. It's very limited but it is a good place to feel the game and see if you will like it.

Khezu

Catwoman's face is modeled the same for all of her costumes, but the changes in makeup, hair, and accessories kind of give off the impression that they're different. Wonder Woman's the same way. None of the characters actually have "different" faces.

Ya, the skin color is throwing me off.
I still want her to get a MKvsDC costume.
iE8mjeC.jpg

fader

you know, I love how NRS answers people crys about people playing lame keepaway with a DLC character and not a HUGE nerf.. AWESOME!

Ryce

For all of MKvDCU's faults, I really like how the characters look. I prefer them to Injustice's models, actually. The Alex Ross-inspired art direction is much better than the gritty superfluous armor look.

vg260

For all of MKvDCU's faults, I really like how the characters look. I prefer them to Injustice's models, actually. The Alex Ross-inspired art direction is much better than the gritty superfluous armor look.

I feel MKvDC was a mixed bag. Captain Marvel did look awesome though.

Ryce

Before the game was released I assumed the hidden songs were alternate tracks that played during battle, but having to unlock the ability to listen to the music that's already available is pretty stupid. You don't even have to unlock the stage viewer in the Archives.

kyo27

Flashpoint aquaman does.

Kizer

I don't know who in their right mind would want to do such a thing. Unless their favorite genre of music is "Generic Action Scores."

I happen to think the score was very well done given the feel of the game. Yeah, it won't be something to listen to on your way to work (Well, I guess that really depends on your line of work, huh) but to be played during the background of the fights? The idea of the game was to feel sort of like a summer movie block buster. The music helps it do just that.

None of the themes sounded grandiose enough. They merely did their job, there was nothing memorable. Just about every other fighting game has at least a couple of great themes.

Khezu

Ed Boon ‏@noobde 12m
Further proof that dreams come true. That is, if you nag 1 million tweets for it. MK9 Komplete Edition on PC !!

Ed Boon ‏@noobde 10m
I just hope the twitter-verse won't nag 1 million tweets for Martian Manhunter DLC in INJUSTICE. Or will they....? ;)

NRS hasn't had any good music since MK3... I didn't play MK5-8 though, but they probably sucked.

Ryce

I was right -- Swamp Thing came in fourth place in Boon's poll. An admirable showing! (Please don't win, Red Hood.)

9L3t00Y.jpg

Ryce

They're the same -- he's making a facial expression in the second pic so it's hard to tell. It'll be easier to see if you can find a 1:1 comparison.

kyo27

They're the same -- he's making a facial expression in the second pic so it's hard to tell. It'll be easier to see if you can find a 1:1 comparison.

I took these pics myself offscreen so sorry for the bad quality. They are from archive mode, and yeah I know not the same expression. But I can't change that so oh well. I'll admit they share some features, but don't look the same to me at all otherwise.

dubq

They're the same face, bro. You're letting texture and shading changes fool you into thinking they are different.

If going by heroes/villains for dlc and by that poll just now:
season 1 heroes
Batgirl

villains
Lobo
Scorpion
Zod

Season 2 heroes
Martian Manhunter
Zantana
Static Shock

villains