• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Injustice: Gods Among Us |OT| With Super Friends Like These, Who Needs Enemies?

Khezu

Fuck, I didn't get a chance to play her much at all, wanted to fuck with people online for at least a couple hours.

Oh well, at least I got to watch Rip do it, even though he sucks.

J-Tier

Poor Swamp Thing. I guess that's just because the majority have no clue who he even is...nor do they even bother to research and find out lol...

Kurod

Banned
There's still a chance for Ed Boon to go "Fuck the polls. Swamp Thing is just THAT awesome" and put him in, right? Right?

There's still a chance for Ed Boon to go "Fuck the polls. Swamp Thing is just THAT awesome" and put him in, right? Right?

Yeah. Wouldn't be surprised if Zatanna or Static got dropped. I'd hoped boring fucking Jason would be an easy swap for Swamp Thing, but if he's any higher than third there's just no way.

Still, I am pleasantly surprised Static is so high. While I wouldn't trade Swamp Thing for him, he was one of my hopes. A dream scenario would have been Lobo, Swamp Thing, Static, and Animal Man. If Static gets in I'll buy him.

TDLink

If going by heroes/villains for dlc and by that poll just now:
season 1 heroes
Batgirl

villains
Lobo
Scorpion
Zod

Season 2 heroes
Martian Manhunter
Zantana
Static Shock

villains
Red Hood Robin

I'd trade them all for Swamp Thing!

I would be totally down for this. Everybody wins! Not really sure he is actually going to use 3 from the poll though. Would also still sort of rather another GL villain or a Flash or Aquaman villain instead of another Batman one.

Sure, Boon could do whatever he wants. I don't think he actually thinks "Swamp Thing is just THAT awesome" though so the chances of that happening seem pretty low.

All that said, it's pretty impressive that Swamp Thing beat out Blue Beetle, Dr. Fate, and Powergirl.

WanderingWind

Mecklemore Is My Favorite Wrapper
Can anybody tell me how to unlock different costumes? I randomly unlocked a Grundy one and I know how to unlock the ones in the STARS lab, but what is the criteria for the random unlocks?

Also, how do you get more of the card things to open stuff in the lab?

Can anybody tell me how to unlock different costumes? I randomly unlocked a Grundy one and I know how to unlock the ones in the STARS lab, but what is the criteria for the random unlocks?

Also, how do you get more of the card things to open stuff in the lab?

For the in-game unlockable costumes:

Beat Story Mode for Godfall Superman
Link your WBID for New 52 Flash
Beat a Classic Battle for Boss Grundy
Win one ranked match for Yellow Lantern
Get to level 30 for New 52 Nightwing
Beat (don't need to 3 star) all Shazam Star Lab missions for New 52 Shazam
Beat (don't need to 3 star) all Star Lab missions for Kryptonite Lex
3 Star all Star Lab missions for Elseworlds Flash

You unlock the rest through Armory keys, which you get just by leveling up. You get the last Armory key to get all the costumes by level 52.

Ryce

Conspiracy time (I don't particularly believe this -- it's just for fun): what if the poll is a red herring? I'm positive we're going to get more DLC, but what if the poll is a list of characters who aren't going to appear? That in itself is a hint as it narrows down the pool of plausible suspects. Ed Boon said the poll was unofficial, after all.

Martian Manhunter is a given, but what about characters like Booster Gold and Black Canary? They're certainly more popular (or have more vocal fan bases) than Blue Beetle and Doctor Fate, so why wouldn't Boon put them in his poll? What about Supergirl, who Boon mentioned in an interview as being a fan favorite? Where are the villains? I could see the second wave of DLC consisting of:

1. Martian Manhunter
2. Supergirl or Booster Gold
3. Black Canary or gadget guest character (Rorschach, Sub-Zero [ugh], etc.)
4. Professor Zoom or Poison Ivy

Option B, which is more realistic, is that Boon locked down three of the characters in advance and is using the poll to influence his final selection.

WanderingWind

Mecklemore Is My Favorite Wrapper
The in-game unlockable costumes are:

Beat Story Mode for Godfall Superman
Link your WBID for New 52 Flash
Beat a Classic Battle for Boss Grundy
Win one ranked match for Yellow Lantern
Get to level 30 for New 52 Nightwing
Beat (don't need 3 star) all Shazam Star Lab missions for New 52 Shazam
Beat (don't need to 3 star) all Star Lab missions for Kryptonite Lex
3 Star all Star Lab missions for Elseworlds Flash

You get the rest by unlocking them through Armory keys, which you get just by leveling up. You get the last Armory key to get all the costumes by level 52.

Thank you!

This game is packed with features, isn't it? The story mode was longer and certainly more well-written than any fighting game....well, ever, I think. The battle modes are just what other games call their story mode.

I wish you'd unlock more stuff for completing battles though, at least a character specific costume.

But, you know. DLC.

Khezu

The hotfix is up.

Batgirl infinite is gone, but the Bola not needing meter is still in, and won't be fixed for a few weeks, but by itself it isn't a huge problem.

kyo27

i just played this guy in ranked and when they showed his stats before the match i almost shit myself. 1435 wins 1359 losses and 965 disconnects! Good thing they fixed it, this guy abused the hell out of it.

DR2K

Banned
i just played this guy in ranked and when they showed his stats before the match i almost shit myself. 1435 wins 1359 losses and 965 disconnects! Good thing they fixed it, this guy abused the hell out of it.

Why would you play him. lol?

Khezu

Just FYI, Batgirl infinite still works if you don't block it, well obviously no shit, but the way it works is they reset the combo by whiffing a move well you are in a capture state, allowing the bola ID tag to be reset allowing them to do it over and over again, however, now if they whiff a normal well you are in the capture state, the MB explosion becomes blockable.

So always hold back.

Also Batgirl is so much fun, way better then Batman.

Grimsen

Has anyone tried to make a NeoGAF room on XBL?

I could make one if we got players interested in friendly matches. I rarely use a mic, being a family man and all.

tim1138

People still dunno how to counter Batgirl online, it's so much fun. Just played a GL whose entire game was one combo that required him to get close. He never seemed to figure out he could block her teleport, and the few times he did move out the way I could do a quick combine and go back to keep away with batarangs, bolos, and teleporting.

I don't know if any of you guys were watching the OBS show very late last night, but I was a guest and they were having the viewers chat with JamessMK.

I had shoutout(ed?) GAF.
3AQmK.gif

So, I finally cleared out STAR Labs. I three-stared it all. Unlocking the costume for Flash, and the trophy with it. So, happy that its over.. And even happier to officially say that I have everyone costume you can get in the game.

Batgirl is pretty damn fun, having trouble with some good combos. Anyone care to share? :p

Also, pretty sad about Swamp Thing not being the number one or two. :( Oh well, I hope that its Static then!

I have the game on 360 and turned it on just now and Batgirl and then Lobo was gone after I reset it. Simply went to extras and the re-dl was instant but I lost the Arkham outfits too and I guess I'll have to go to my account and re-dl through there (if possible). Lame.

TDLink

So, do you think we will get a Zod trailer tomorrow?

Batgirl trailer came Thursday, we shall see.

I hope so. After seeing how creative they were with Batgirl I am interested to see what they do with Zod to differentiate him from Supes.

Xevren

So, I finally cleared out STAR Labs. I three-stared it all. Unlocking the costume for Flash, and the trophy with it. So, happy that its over.. And even happier to officially say that I have everyone costume you can get in the game.

Batgirl is pretty damn fun, having trouble with some good combos. Anyone care to share? :p

Also, pretty sad about Swamp Thing not being the number one or two. :( Oh well, I hope that its Static then!

Batgirl combo thread. Grats on the star labs stuff.

Ryce

So, do you think we will get a Zod trailer tomorrow?

Batgirl trailer came Thursday, we shall see.
I still maintain that Zod will be released after Scorpion. The Season Pass has the characters ordered as Lobo, Batgirl, Scorpion, and Zod -- it got the first two right, so why not the last two? Besides, if the biweekly schedule holds true, it makes more sense to release Scorpion on June 4 and Zod on June 18; why would they reveal Scorpion and hype him up in the week leading up to Man of Steel?

TDLink

I still maintain that Zod will be released after Scorpion. The Season Pass has the characters ordered as Lobo, Batgirl, Scorpion, and Zod -- it got the first two right, so why not the last two? Besides, if the biweekly schedule holds true, it makes more sense to release Scorpion on June 4 and Zod on June 18; why would they reveal Scorpion and hype him up in the week leading up to Man of Steel?

Alternatively, they may want Zod to actually be out when the movie is out. I could see them running synergy-filled advertising for the game + movie with Zod and a Man of Steel skin pack. This also lets them reveal Scorpion at E3 (who makes more sense to be revealed there), surprising no one.

I could see them running synergy-filled advertising for the game + movie with Zod and a Man of Steel skin pack.

I'm pretty sure there is some legal bullshit that is preventing any movie, live TV, or animation based costumes from being included. Comics and originals only.

Khezu

I'm pretty sure there is some legal bullshit that is preventing any movie, live TV, or animation based costumes from being included. Comics and originals only.

Stephen Amell costume is in the game.

Also, someone said to boon that the game could use some MoS rep, and he "agreed".

Stephen Amell costume is in the game.

Also, someone said to boon that the game could use some MoS rep, and he "agreed".

Well, I was sure I saw him also shoot down tons of requests for Nolanverse costumes, which I guess is because of an impending reboot of the Bat films. Obviously it's just that they can put in what was outlined in the contract and approved by the higherups, which may not include older, fan desired stuff like BTAS, BB/TDK/R, cartoon TT, but include stuff WB wants to promote. It's just the lack of the "obvious", heavily desired by fans stuff that makes me think they can't do it, not that they don't know people want it.

TDLink

As already mentioned they have the "Arrow" skin in the game. I also find it pretty unlikely they would be using Zod at all if it wasn't for the purposes of Man of Steel synergy. I am pretty sure they did say WB asked them not to use the Nolanverse Batman costumes, but anything else is fair game. Man of Steel especially, being something upcoming, is prime marketing potential.

Khezu

To be fair I guess, Amell is really only in the game because he himself wanted to, because he thought it would be cool to voice Green Arrow.

But ya, I would imagine most things would be fair game, outside of Nolan Bats for w/e reason. Did Arkham City have a Nolan costume? I can't remember.

TDLink

To be fair I guess, Amell is really only in the game because he himself wanted to, because he thought it would be cool to voice Green Arrow.

But ya, I would imagine most things would be fair game, outside of Nolan Bats for w/e reason. Did Arkham City have a Nolan costume? I can't remember.

No it did not.

In a hypothetical "Man of Steel" skin pack what would you want to see as the third skin? I am assuming, naturally, that Man of Steel Supes and Man of Steel Zod would be locks for the first two.

TDLink

Considering there's a three Joker skin pack, they could just do MoS Superman, Zod, and MoS shirtless bearded Clark Kent.

If you want to go that route how about a Zod costume where he wears the helmet and one where he doesn't?

Helmet please if we are just getting one

Bearded plainclothes Supes would be neat too though (over shirtless).

Ryce

Ed Boon or Hector Sanchez said last year that they weren't allowed to use the Man of Steel costume for Superman -- I'm not sure what would have changed since then to allow it. Also, Boon said he wasn't allowed to see an early screening of Man of Steel, so we know Zod's move set at least will have nothing to do with the movie since nobody on the team has seen it. I think Zod will be a catch-all incarnation released to coincide with Man of Steel not because of some top-down WB conspiracy but because it's the smart thing for NetherRealm to do.

Given how liberal WB/DC were with the game, I doubt they stepped in and forced NetherRealm to include Zod. They probably chose him on their own because they knew how popular/mainstream Man of Steel would make him. You can't beat free marketing. The generic public didn't know who Bane was until Dark Knight Rises, and for months afterwards people who have never even seen a comic book were doing Hardy Bane impressions.

J-Tier

Whaddaya guys think of stage DLC, yay or nay? IMO, they should probably put their resources into characters...

Though I wouldn't mind seeing an Apokalips stage, Mogo stage, War world coliseum, or Wild West stage.

Top Bottom