• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Injustice: Gods Among Us |OT| With Super Friends Like These, Who Needs Enemies?

fader

Whaddaya guys think of stage DLC, yay or nay? IMO, they should probably put their resources into characters...

Though I wouldn't mind seeing an Apokalips stage, Mogo stage, War world coliseum, or Wild West stage.

if it was a pack like stage packs or even included with costumes. i couldnt see problems in new stages.

but i agree they should focus more on chatacters tho, i would rather see new characters then stages FREE

NEO0MJ

Another update on the strange lack of Injustice DLC for the middle east. Today while browsing the store I stumbled upon the Batgirl DLC. It wasn't listed under the game either, in fact it was listed as a standalone game. So if you search injustice you see nothing but if you search Batgirl you see it. I then tried searching for Lobo but got nothing. Very strange.

Another update on the strange lack of Injustice DLC for the middle east. Today while browsing the store I stumbled upon the Batgirl DLC. It wasn't listed under the game either, in fact it was listed as a standalone game. So if you search injustice you see nothing but if you search Batgirl you see it. I then tried searching for Lobo but got nothing. Very strange.
How about if you access the downloadable content through the game itself?

vg260

Alternatively, they may want Zod to actually be out when the movie is out. I could see them running synergy-filled advertising for the game + movie with Zod and a Man of Steel skin pack. This also lets them reveal Scorpion at E3 (who makes more sense to be revealed there), surprising no one.

I'm inclined to believe this. Man of Steel advertising is ramping up right now, and I'm seeing ads around the city. I think the order in the ini file is how it will play out.

J-Tier

Of the last three, I'd say Static is most likely to win due to the fact that a LOT of people know who he is.

Red Hood is up there...but it was only one animated movie. Despite that, he has the gritty anti-hero appeal. But I think he's actually one of the lesser known bat-family members amongst the general public. More known than Batwing, Ace the Bat-Hound and Red Robin, but I think Static is taking the poll.

Static Shock was a Saturday Morning cartoon for the target demographic of this game (people ages 18-30) which was HUGE during the 90s in the US. The TV ruled people's lives back then and many kids/teens at the time for sure saw the exploits of Virgil Hawkins and can probably sing a portion of the opening song (At the least, SUPERHERO, STATIC SHOCK! WHOO WHOO!).

Zatanna has a classy female appearance, but despite showing up in Young Justice and JLU, I think aesthetics are what's getting her up there in the polls.

My guess would be:

Static
Red Hood
Zatanna

In that order of popularity. Though I think Zatanna or Red Hood could be swapped considering Zatanna was in first at some point.

TDLink

Of the last three, I'd say Static is most likely to win due to the fact that a LOT of people know who he is.

Red Hood is up there...but it was only one animated movie. Despite that, he has the gritty anti-hero appeal. But I think he's actually one of the lesser known bat-family members amongst the general public. More known than Batwing, Ace the Bat-Hound and Red Robin, but I think Static is taking the poll.

Static Shock was a Saturday Morning cartoon for the target demographic of this game (people ages 18-30) which was HUGE during the 90s in the US. The TV ruled people's lives back then and many kids/teens at the time for sure saw the exploits of Virgil Hawkins and can probably sing a portion of the opening song (At the least, SUPERHERO, STATIC SHOCK! WHOO WHOO!).

Zatanna has a classy female appearance, but despite showing up in Young Justice and JLU, I think aesthetics are what's getting her up there in the polls.

My guess would be:

Static
Red Hood
Zatanna

In that order of popularity. Though I think Zatanna or Red Hood could be swapped considering Zatanna was in first at some point.

I agree with and support this message

Slurmer

Banned
Just ran into my first good bane player online. He definitely abused venom shoulder charge when in a bind though. Anyone know a good way to punish that on block (with catwoman if possible?). Blocking low reduces the stun but it seems safe, at least vs CW, on block.

kyo27

Just jumped online and it said my content was out of date and made me download the lucidore compatibility pack even though i downloaded it two days ago already. Guess everyone has to dl the compatiblity packs or won't be able to play online now.

J-Tier

is the disconnect broken again? someone just rage quit on me and i got a disconnect. wtf

Idk, you don't get a loss anymore, but if that adds to your disconnect count, that's kind of annoying. I feel like fighting games don't punish rage quitters enough. It should be really harsh, like a ten minute ban from going back online or 20 losses or something...

Grimsen

Just ran into my first good bane player online. He definitely abused venom shoulder charge when in a bind though. Anyone know a good way to punish that on block (with catwoman if possible?). Blocking low reduces the stun but it seems safe, at least vs CW, on block.

Juiced-up charge gives a lot of blockstun. Unless you can land a 3 hit projectile, you're better off practicing jumping over the obvious ones.

When are we going to get some Infinite Crisis costumes! Its only a matter of time, especially with that MOBA game set in that universe.

kyo27

I think the mandatory online update for 360 did break the disconnect again. It was workin fine before the update. 2 rage quitters, 2 disconnects for me today post update.

fuck star labs is the most annoying shit ever.

fuck those lex luthor missions where you have to damage him before he shoots a laser at you.

fuck everything.

fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck

whoever decided to put star labs in this game should be demoted. we don't need fucking mini games, we need fucking combo trials that benefit your gameplay.

i'm so mad, where's the salt shakers at

fader

My guess would be:

Static
Red Hood
Zatanna

If Static wins I will become very happy for two reasons, one being he MAY be a potential DLC and another is that it shows how popular he his and is still a remembered named.

J-Tier

If Static wins I will become very happy for two reasons, one being he MAY be a potential DLC and another is that it shows how popular he his and is still a remembered named.

Not sure how I feel about Static in Injustice. I'll be happy...but I'm afraid they'll give him a generic moveset. Like, I'd be disappointed if he doesn't ride on the hover disc as part of his special attacks or trait. If that's included though, I'd be all for it.

Nori Chan

I have started Nightwings missions after 3 starring the ones before it. Currently in mission 103

I heard cyborg has the worst missions. Not looking forward to it.

Khezu

So this might be the compatibility skin?
xm4igj3.png

J-Tier

I wanna see both of them. Professor Zoom and Jay Garrick.

Gimme John Stewart too.

And Alan Scott, Guy Gardner, Kyle Rayner, Simon Baz, and Parallax Hal whole you're at it. Lol.

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
I'm liking the skins and all but goddammit, try to even it out a little. So many are still stuck at 2, lol.

fuck star labs is the most annoying shit ever.

fuck those lex luthor missions where you have to damage him before he shoots a laser at you.

fuck everything.

fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck

whoever decided to put star labs in this game should be demoted. we don't need fucking mini games, we need fucking combo trials that benefit your gameplay.

i'm so mad, where's the salt shakers at

I agree and hate every mini-game that NRS has ever put into their game EXCEPT Chess Kombat (and I 3 starred Star Labs so this isn't complaining about its difficulty). But we also don't need combo trials. They are always outdated, gimmicky, unoptimized and more importantly don't teach people anything really useful. I wish fighting games would move away from them and focus on something like Skullgirl's tutorial that actually attempts to teach people the fundamentals instead of listing a bunch of combos and saying "here you go, have fun." I'd rather they tell people why and when to use a move, not just how to do it.

TDLink

Not sure how I feel about Static in Injustice. I'll be happy...but I'm afraid they'll give him a generic moveset. Like, I'd be disappointed if he doesn't ride on the hover disc as part of his special attacks or trait. If that's included though, I'd be all for it.

It is such an iconic part of his character that they would sort of have to, don't you think?

So this might be the compatibility skin?
xm4igj3.png

Yuck. Why not just all of them? This game has so much skin potential, why limit it? Especially with alternate character versions. If I have to pick between them I'll pick Stewart but Jay Garrick is awesome too.

"Green Lantern Pack"

Jon Stewart
Guy Gardner
Green Lantern Sinestro

I would buy this.

Yes, I would get this too.

J-Tier

It is such an iconic part of his character that they would sort of have to, don't you think?

I would certainly hope so, but it doesn't look like the Injustice fighting system could really accommodate something like that outside a cinematic super. I'd really like it to be incorporated into his moveset though, that would be ideal.

Top Bottom