• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Injustice: Gods Among Us |OT| With Super Friends Like These, Who Needs Enemies?

Khezu

I just want to say, Shazam and Black Adam are the coolest characters in this game.

Best animations, specials, normals, intro and win poses.

All that's missing is a new52 costume for Adam, and a classic for Shazam, one that changes his name to Captain Marvel.

NEO0MJ

I just want to say, Shazam and Black Adam are the coolest characters in this game.

I love Black Adam's intro.

Untitled-1_zps9054cab5.gif

Ryce

Is it weird that I'm still kind of expecting Scorpion to be revealed on Monday instead of Zod? June 11, the third character's suspected release date, is the first day of E3, a video game event. Zod's trailer would then go up three days later when Man of Steel premieres. I don't know, maybe I'm just trying to convince myself, but the Season Pass is damning evidence to me. Lobo's listed first, and then Batgirl, so I'm having a hard time believing that was coincidental.

SlickVic

Having a lot of fun with the game, though I just can't get blocking down. I'm pretty lousy with fighting games, so I'm not sure if I'm just too slow with hitting back/down when I get hit, but it just feels so hard for me to get the timing down. Hopefully with more time with the game it'll start clicking.

J-Tier

Having a lot of fun with the game, though I just can't get blocking down. I'm pretty lousy with fighting games, so I'm not sure if I'm just too slow with hitting back/down when I get hit, but it just feels so hard for me to get the timing down. Hopefully with more time with the game it'll start clicking.

Practice with an opponent that mixes you up. Have him hit highs and lows, and hold back then down back at the appropriate times. Do this enough and you will see a pattern and be able to almost predict what the opponent will do.

Wynnebeck

Banned
Pretty much. Been thinking about learning him since on the surface is seems like he can do everything Harley can do but 100x better.

That's scary because I'm a Harley player getting ready to switch over to NW. Also, Blackula just won a tournament here in VA using Green Lantern. :/

shaowebb

Damn is that really the general consensus for the tier list? I have just recently picked up this game and decided to main The Joker with Bane as my alt. I have this ability to always pick the lowest of tiered characters. In sfxt, prepatch, I ran Paul/Guile. Can't wait to catch a break and pick up a main that's S tier.

Joker still has teeth Loops and can annoy the shit outta people with zoning. Not a bad character, but since he's not braindead he's not played a lot. Bane is super slept on IMO. His supers leave him safe on block and his damage is insane. If he gets you in the corner he can pretty much have his way with you forever and you can't exactly run forever on the guy. Go ahead and work all day because if ONE Bane combo hits its suddenly a level playing field. If you try to trade normals sure you'll get blown up, but Bane is a VERY rewarding punish character and thats how he is not being played by most people making tier lists.

I'd call Lobo low tier due to his mobility, but those two? Yeah it depends on the player and neither of those guys are into those kinds of dudes. Play who you enjoy. I suggest STRONGLY you go to test your might and message a guy named Ryx in the Bane forums. He'll turn you into a damned nightmare.

DRE Fei

I got a bunch of salty messages today on xbl. I must be doing something right. I'm so bad at the game still. Why they mad tho? It's just a game.

BadAss2961

Joker still has teeth Loops and can annoy the shit outta people with zoning. Not a bad character, but since he's not braindead he's not played a lot. Bane is super slept on IMO. His supers leave him safe on block and his damage is insane. If he gets you in the corner he can pretty much have his way with you forever and you can't exactly run forever on the guy. Go ahead and work all day because if ONE Bane combo hits its suddenly a level playing field. If you try to trade normals sure you'll get blown up, but Bane is a VERY rewarding punish character and thats how he is not being played by most people making tier lists.

I'd call Lobo low tier due to his mobility, but those two? Yeah it depends on the player and neither of those guys are into those kinds of dudes. Play who you enjoy. I suggest STRONGLY you go to test your might and message a guy named Ryx in the Bane forums. He'll turn you into a damned nightmare.
Bane on venom does more damage than anyone in the game, but he's just so hard to be effective with. Nearly every matchup is a tough one for him.

He's one projectile or zombie hands (Grundy, Nightwing, etc.) type move away from being one of the best characters in the game.
Longhair Nightwing looks like he could be the bassist for some Eastern European metal band.
I hate how the hair doesn't move in his entrance.

shaowebb

Bane on venom does more damage than anyone in the game, but he's just so hard to be effective with. Nearly every matchup is a tough one for him.

He's one projectile or zombie hands (Grundy, Nightwing, etc.) type move away from being one of the best characters in the game.

Pretty much my thoughts on him. Basically, if you are a patient player you could take him and dominate. You wont be rewarded for going all in raw with charges and crap. You got to creep in and earn it but once there you will be one of the scariest things ever faced. I keep waiting for Mike Ross to try him for that reason, but he's likely gonna Grundy.

For me though, I have some patience after UMVC3 Iron Fist trying to go in on folks so this feels familiar to me. :)

Lost Fragment

Obsessed with 4chan
I need to start playing Hawkgirl so I can figure that character out. I get bodied by Hawkgirls that just do random stuff. Shit is worse than Doomsday for me.

DRE Fei

This game punishes me for walking forward, so I guess it's nothing but lame keepaway batman from now on lol.

The netcode is horrible.

J-Tier

Damn, the more I think about it, the more crazier it is that Darkseid isn't playable.

He's got quite a bit of moveset potential, he's not just about super strength and Omega beams.

I can imagine him as a summoner, since he doesn't really like to get his hands dirty. He'd summon other members of Apokolips and the Female Furies. It would be more in character too, with half of his special moves being summonings.

And if Black Adam is badass with his arms folded across his chest...Darkseid will have his arms behind his back with the air of a fascist leader.

I know it won't happen though, but Darkseid is probably one of the villains that have the most impact on the DCU, so it is a tad weird to relegate him to a transition.

Ryce

I don't think Darkseid would have worked in the Regime Superman story -- given the nature of his character, he would have to be the primary antagonist. You couldn't just relegate him to a minor background position like Hawkgirl or Grundy.

Though, again, since DLC characters are excluded from story mode, Darkseid would work just fine as DLC. I don't think it's going to happen, though.

J-Tier

I don't think Darkseid would have worked in the Regime Superman story -- given the nature of his character, he would have to be the primary antagonist. You couldn't just relegate him to a minor background position like Hawkgirl or Grundy.

Though, again, since DLC characters are excluded from story mode, Darkseid would work just fine as DLC. I don't think it's going to happen, though.

Yeah, you're right. It's a shame, cuz he'd be awesome.

NEO0MJ

I can imagine him as a summoner, since he doesn't really like to get his hands dirty. He'd summon other members of Apokolips and the Female Furies. It would be more in character too, with half of his special moves being summonings.

I'm not sure the engine nether real cooked up can handle so many character, though. Didn't they mention how difficult it was to get Noob running well in MK9?

J-Tier

I'm not sure the engine nether real cooked up can handle so many character, though. Didn't they mention how difficult it was to get Noob running well in MK9?

Yeah, I know their engine has a lot of limitations, and they're inexperienced on this front. It was just more of an "ideal" solution.

Aostia

El Capitan Todd
My Wii U copy (bought for just 30 € online) just arrived. I'm really in a DC mood (having finished Arkham City few days ago, and after the announcment of Scribblenauts unmasked) and I can't wait to play this game!
I opted for the Wii U especially because of the Offtv feature (a must for me, at the moment, at home...), and here what I'm expecting: a frenzy beat'em up with good characters, story mode and good arena interaction: have I chosen the right game?
What about the framerate/graphic performance on the Wii U? I know that the DLC are still missing but should arrive in the summer..I want LOBO!!!

So mad I let my friend borrow this game for the past 2 weeks. I bet everyone online is pretty darn good now, and now I'm gonna be the weakest link when I hop back in.

First thing I'm planning to do is to try my hand at maining Cyborg. Ever since I saw Teen Titans Go I really want to play as Cyborg now lol.

Scorpion trailer

Also a tease at MMH.

I'm really disappointed with him actually, he is much more of a straight port then I would have imagined.

I love the design. I think it's great to be honest, I don't mind his inclusion so much now. I love love Blackest Night Superman. Please release more Blackest Night costumes Netherealm. Superman's looks fantastic.

As for the MMH teaser... This is just a theory and it's likely a long-shot, but what if Netherealm have dropped Zod for MMH? Or at least, shuffled the characters around to include MMH in the first season pass, instead of the still unconfirmed second? It seems odd to be teasing him here when as far as leaked data has suggested, Zod will be the last character. Everything else in the leaks has been confirmed at this point. Unless they're going to announce a second season pass + MMH at E3?

Top Bottom