• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Injustice: Gods Among Us |OT| With Super Friends Like These, Who Needs Enemies?

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
Is there frame data available anywhere for this game? I'm trying to find a more safe, reliable way of getting in with Flash. It feels really difficult against any kind of zoning without using his trait.

DorianD

So I have owned this game since launch and have been scouring the web for this issue regarding the game freezing of a supposed internet disconnection. I have my cisco modem to my router, router to my ps3 via ethernet. My download speeds are 50Mb/s and 3Mb/s upload. I have opened the require for ports of ps3 and DMZ the ip. It seems like this is the only ps3 game that I'm aware of that causes my system to freeze, and sometimes upon bootup the ps3 would require to perform a hdd recovery. I have the PSN version of the game. Any helpful advice, I would appreciate it!

Mutzdyal.jpg

J-Tier

So I have owned this game since launch and have been scouring the web for this issue regarding the game freezing of a supposed internet disconnection. I have my cisco modem to my router, router to my ps3 via ethernet. I have opened the require for ports of ps3 and DMZ the ip. It seems like this is the only ps3 game that I'm aware of that causes my system to freeze, and sometimes upon bootup the ps3 would require to perform a hdd recovery. I have the PSN version of the game. Any helpful advice, I would appreciate it!
Quote the image to make it smaller. It's far too large right now.

vg260

Marvel and DC are very strict when it comes to the identities of their characters. They don't like the idea of their characters being modded. They don't want to see nude Batman mods, and Deadpool outfits for Deathstroke on an official game of theirs. That's the main reason why these games aren't on the PC.

Regardless, it could still happen. I just don't think it'll be any time soon.

I agree with this. I think it's a HUGE reason. Lump that in with piracy concerns, and a potentially smaller userbase, and that probably covers it. I'm hoping this game still makes it to the PC.

Salamando

Marvel and DC are very strict when it comes to the identities of their characters. They don't like the idea of their characters being modded. They don't want to see nude Batman mods, and Deadpool outfits for Deathstroke on an official game of theirs. That's the main reason why these games aren't on the PC.

You say that as if there aren't already Deadpool skins for a DC game.
http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/LEVITIKUZsLOUNGE/news/?a=68680

J-Tier

You say that as if there aren't already Deadpool skins for a DC game.
http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/LEVITIKUZsLOUNGE/news/?a=68680

The Amazing Spider-Man falls into this too. Why do you think these games get the pass, whilst a fighting game, or a MOBA, or a MMO would be more tightly regulated?

Despite my points, I'm not saying it's impossible. I'm saying that I'm aware of how apprehensive they are about releasing these titles on PC for that very reason.

Is there any way for Europeans to get the costumes tied to the IOs game and WBid?

The option to log in simply refuses to show up and I even tried to use my old US Xbl-account to access it to no vail, as it seems to be a IP check.

I want my new52 Hal and Barry...

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
I'm about halfway through all the Classic battles right now and wow does every ending blow chunks or what. Half of these thus far end in Victory Over Superman xx Rise to power xx Create army. Goddamnit. I'm thinking they didn't have much creative control over the endings or just went the safe route because they had to do them quick and would rather put the effort into the story mode.

Khezu

I'm about halfway through all the Classic battles right now and wow does every ending blow chunks or what. Half of these thus far end in Victory Over Superman xx Rise to power xx Create army. Goddamnit. I'm thinking they didn't have much creative control over the endings or just went the safe route because they had to do them quick and would rather put the effort into the story mode.

From the weird panel they did when they announced Lobo, it sounded like Jimmy Palmiotti had a big role in the endings, but from going through them... it's certainly not his best work.

Salamando

The Amazing Spider-Man falls into this too. Why do you think these games get the pass, whilst a fighting game, or a MOBA, or a MMO would be more tightly regulated?

Despite my points, I'm not saying it's impossible. I'm saying that I'm aware of how apprehensive they are about releasing these titles on PC for that very reason.

Not following your logic. Single player games are okay to release on PC, but multiplayer ones need to be more tightly regulated? In either case, I can apply client-side hacks to change the appearance of stuff in my game...were Injustice released on PC, I could have a Halle Berry Catwoman skin replace her default, but it'd only look like that on my machine. People playing against me would just see her default.

Even with the upcoming Infinite Crisis MOBA, someone will create Skin Mods that affect the client only. Happened for League of Legends.

J-Tier

Not following your logic. Single player games are okay to release on PC, but multiplayer ones need to be more tightly regulated? In either case, I can apply client-side hacks to change the appearance of stuff in my game...were Injustice released on PC, I could have a Halle Berry Catwoman skin replace her default, but it'd only look like that on my machine. People playing against me would just see her default.

Even with the upcoming Infinite Crisis MOBA, someone will create Skin Mods that affect the client only. Happened for League of Legends.

It's not my logic that's flawed. It's the IP laws that have already been established. Ideally, they'd have it so no mods can happen. It's outside of their control with popular single player titles that WILL SELL on the PC though. In a perfect world for them (the companies), they would have full control over everything. It's why some companies now are making moves to actually stay in control.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
From the weird panel they did when they announced Lobo, it sounded like Jimmy Palmiotti had a big role in the endings, but from going through them... it's certainly not his best work.
Sounds like how Frank Tieri "wrote" the MvC3 story all over again. Though I did enjoy those endings a lot because some had some cool mash ups (Megamen joining the Nova Corps, Arthur fighting Fing Fang Foom, Nick Fury hiring Viper as a spy, Blade in RE, Galactus Sentinels, etc.). It's understandable why not much effort was put into it, but these are just safe and bland, so it makes me wonder if DC wanted to make sure they were all super serious and they weren't given the same reign they were given for the story mode.

Blah, didn't really enjoy the story either.

J-Tier

Sounds like how Frank Tieri "wrote" the MvC3 story all over again. Though I did enjoy those endings a lot because some had some cool mash ups (Megamen joining the Nova Corps, Arthur fighting Fing Fang Foom, Nick Fury hiring Viper as a spy, Blade in RE, Galactus Sentinels, etc.). It's understandable why not much effort was put into it, but these are just safe and bland, so it makes me wonder if DC wanted to make sure they were all super serious and they weren't given the same reign they were given for the story mode.

Blah, didn't really enjoy the story either.

Yeah, the classic battle endings are stale and uninteresting. The effort was definitely put into the story. Despite it being an okay story, I can safely say that it's probably the best presented story mode I've seen in a fighting game.

Salamando

I think it simply has to do with them not wanting to do a PC port.

They're not even doing the MK9 port in house.

This sounds like the more likely case to me. DC's allowed a lot of other games to be released on PC in the past couple years...2 Lego Batmans, 2 Arkhams, Gotham City Imposters, the new Young Justice. Injustice is more of an exception than the rule.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Yeah, the classic battle endings are stale and uninteresting. The effort was definitely put into the story. Despite it being an okay story, I can safely say that it's probably the best presented story mode I've seen in a fighting game.
Yeah they put a lot of effort into it, and they definitely did something interesting with how the player plays through it; moving from character to character, breaking up gameplay, etc. It's also good for adding tension, you really don't know what your going to do next or who your going to play next and I thought that was really cool. I just thought it was a bit messy, and by the end of it all I didn't really care for all that just happened. And sometimes you can really see the rough edges in the models they made just for the story, etc.

Valiant effort, just a bit underwhelming. I'd like for them, if there is a sequel, to take the same idea and apply it to a non-inter-dimensional-nonsense story (forget
the tease at the end, pretend it didn't happen
) and just do something in a single universe. And maybe have you play as multiple different parties with different current goals (as opposed to good team vs. evil team) that cross paths within the same universe, kinda like how STAR Labs are loosely structured. Would be hard though.

J-Tier

Yeah they put a lot of effort into it, and they definitely did something interesting with how the player plays through it; moving from character to character, breaking up gameplay, etc. It's also good for adding tension, you really don't know what your going to do next or who your going to play next and I thought that was really cool. I just thought it was a bit messy, and by the end of it all I didn't really care for all that just happened. And sometimes you can really see the rough edges in the models they made just for the story, etc.

Valiant effort, just a bit underwhelming. I'd like for them, if there is a sequel, to take the same idea and apply it to a non-inter-dimensional-nonsense story (forget
the tease at the end, pretend it didn't happen
) and just do something in a single universe. And maybe have you play as multiple different parties with different current goals (as opposed to good team vs. evil team) that cross paths within the same universe, kinda like how STAR Labs are loosely structured. Would be hard though.

I'd say the pro to the whole interdimension thing was that it explains mirror matches--kinda.

But I agree, an in-universe story would be a lot less convoluted and manageable. Plus, you can give the random characters more limelight. Like Ares's role in the story...it's like he was just plugged in there for no reason at all. Stuck out like a sore thumb whenever he randomly pulled you away.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
I'd say the pro to the whole interdimension thing was that it explains mirror matches--kinda.

But I agree, an in-universe story would be a lot less convoluted and manageable. Plus, you can give the random characters more limelight. Like Ares's role in the story...it's like he was just plugged in there for no reason at all. Stuck out like a sore thumb whenever he randomly pulled you away.
Yeah I was waiting to play as Ares and then it never happened. And that's extra weird cause characters like Sinestro get like no exposure at all outside of flickers in cutscenes. Very inconsistent stuff, but I understand they can't shoehorn everything. I would like to see a more complete, integrated solution, if its even possible. You would need the best writers working overtime.

A Pretty Panda

fuckin' called it, man
Fuck playing this game online. It's a shame I like playing it so much otherwise I wouldn't have this problem. My online experience consists of waiting for a player match,waiting some more, and when someone does popup they decline because it shows my stupid online record. And when they do accept they leave after one match win or lose. What a load of shit.

"Waaah this person might beat me so I won't play" fuck off

Fuck playing this game online. It's a shame I like playing it so much otherwise I wouldn't have this problem. My online experience consists of waiting for a player match,waiting some more, and when someone does popup they decline because it shows my stupid online record. And when they do accept they leave after one match win or lose. What a load of shit.

You play on PS3? If so you could always make a fresh account. But yeah I agree the quitters suck and it sounds like Ranked or KotH might be better options for you than random Player matches.

Play ranked?

A Pretty Panda

fuckin' called it, man
Ranked and KOTH are both better in that I will definitely find a match but I still have to go back to waiting which I hate. Ranked win or lose you have to go and find a new opponent. In KOTH if I win the next person has to play me I think, but if I lose I'll have to wait through multiple matches which doesn't sound fun.

Thing I dislike the most about player matches is that people will usually leave after one game. I wouldn't mind waiting so much as long as people just stay after one match. Also in Marvel you can search while messing around in training mode and I think every game should steal that.

h0mebas3

Hey Everyone,

Turning to those more experienced than I for some advice. I'm curious what button layout you've used if your using an Arcade Stick. I'm coming from being a casual Marvel/Street Fighter player and I'm having trouble deciding on a layout.

Thanks in advance :)

Khezu

Ranked and KOTH are both better in that I will definitely find a match but I still have to go back to waiting which I hate. Ranked win or lose you have to go and find a new opponent. In KOTH if I win the next person has to play me I think, but if I lose I'll have to wait through multiple matches which doesn't sound fun.

Thing I dislike the most about player matches is that people will usually leave after one game. I wouldn't mind waiting so much as long as people just stay after one match. Also in Marvel you can search while messing around in training mode and I think every game should steal that.

You could try making your own lobby specifically for longer sessions.

Or make an account on TYM and look for games there.

Hey Everyone,

Turning to those more experienced than I for some advice. I'm curious what button layout you've used if your using an Arcade Stick. I'm coming from being a casual Marvel/Street Fighter player and I'm having trouble deciding on a layout.

I personally use.

Light Heavy Trait
Medium meter stance

Hey Everyone,

Light Medium Heavy Meter
Power

L+H = Throw
L+M = Interact
L+M+H = Meter
L+M+H+Meter = Super

Ideally they would patch it so L+M+H+P or QCF L+M+H or something would work as super, and you could map buttons to "No function" in the controls menu, but I manage with this.

Ever since finding out about them, I've hated the idea of the contextual buttons that only do something in certain situations (Meter and Interact). I'm glad that also put in those functions as combinations.

kyo27

Ranked is pretty quick to find matches for me. I usually never wait more than 30 seconds from the time that the previous match ended to the time a new one is found. Anyways in regards to player matches if you beat someone pretty badly, you can't expect them to stay in the room to keep playing you. Online players are mostly just looking to have fun, and getting your ass beat by a stranger isn't fun lol.

TTT2 has the training mode as well when waiting for a match. I kinda wish they would let you pick your character before you search like in TTT2. It's annoying when an opponent refuses to select a character until you pick yours even though they know they are picking Supes or Black Adam no matter what.

GrayFoxPL

So I have owned this game since launch and have been scouring the web for this issue regarding the game freezing of a supposed internet disconnection. I have my cisco modem to my router, router to my ps3 via ethernet. My download speeds are 50Mb/s and 3Mb/s upload. I have opened the require for ports of ps3 and DMZ the ip. It seems like this is the only ps3 game that I'm aware of that causes my system to freeze, and sometimes upon bootup the ps3 would require to perform a hdd recovery. I have the PSN version of the game. Any helpful advice, I would appreciate it!

Mutzdyal.jpg

Change mtu in connection settings to 1492. See if that helps.

Then we wouldn't have the batman arkham games on pc or any marvel games on the platform, either. It doesn't really add up.

h0mebas3

Light Medium Heavy Meter
Power

L+H = Throw
L+M = Interact
L+M+H = Meter
L+M+H+Meter = Super

Ideally they would patch it so L+M+H+P or QCF L+M+H or something would work as super, and you could map buttons to "No function" in the controls menu, but I manage with this.

Ever since finding out about them, I've hated the idea of the contextual buttons that only do something in certain situations (Meter and Interact). I'm glad that also put in those functions as combinations.

Slamtastic,

I like that setup, seems very convenient. Are you going with MK style or SF style controls? I've heard some people say avoid SF style, but others praise it...

Again thanks, and thanks to Khezu for the response also.

Slamtastic,

I like that setup, seems very convenient. Are you going with MK style or SF style controls? I've heard some people say avoid SF style, but others praise it...

Again thanks, and thanks to Khezu for the response also.

Neither style is perfect.

MK style = You get unintentional moves going from blocking to walking forward and when crouching

SF style = Back forward moves require extra inputs, making them slower to do and more possible to drop

For a character with no back forward motions, SF style is great though.

DRE Fei

My first question when determining who's good in this game is "how does this character deal with zoning?"

Basically, the exceptional characters are the ones with all the tools which means a good combination of zoning and rushdown.

These are IMO: Batman, Superman, Green Lantern, Black Adam, Nightwing, Killer Frost, Batgirl and Aquaman. These characters are in a class by themselves. I believe Batman is the best overall character in the game because of his trait, crossup, and high/low mixup. I don't think he dominates though.

Wonder Woman comes close, but her main problem is that her projectile isn't full screen.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace

This is a plague in modern multiplayer games in general. People need something to stroke their egos like a displayed win/loss ratio, but at the same time all it does is promote quitters and in some genres, boosting for wins. The amount of negatives so far outweighs the positives, it makes me upset that devs still go through with this implementation.

Lost Fragment

Obsessed with 4chan
Damn is that really the general consensus for the tier list? I have just recently picked up this game and decided to main The Joker with Bane as my alt. I have this ability to always pick the lowest of tiered characters. In sfxt, prepatch, I ran Paul/Guile. Can't wait to catch a break and pick up a main that's S tier.

No reason to worry about tiers too much unless you're a tournament player. Especially at this point in the game. I have like an 80% win rate with Harley and she's probably not so good heh.

Bleepey

This is a plague in modern multiplayer games in general. People need something to stroke their egos like a displayed win/loss ratio, but at the same time all it does is promote quitters and in some genres, boosting for wins. The amount of negatives so far outweighs the positives, it makes me upset that devs still go through with this implementation.

I think penalties like temporarily banning rage quitters for an hour or two. Maybe give 1/2 warnings a day before you're barred from going online. So if you rage quit prepare to not be allowed online Forman hour or so.

Top Bottom