• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Injustice: Gods Among Us |OT| With Super Friends Like These, Who Needs Enemies?

vg260

So this is really just Boon getting his ego stroked by the DC guys by having them design a new outfit for his baby. Blech. I've said my fill previously, but yeah.

So what's his power? Was that guy on reddit right?

Also, pretty funny they had to put a MMH tease in there to help soften the outrage.

clockpunk

Hmmm.... I would have liked to see a couple of new movesets, but I'll still enjoy trying him out, and could see him becoming popular for online matches (anyone else think soon enough all we'll see is Batgirl vs. Scorpion? :p) - hope the content hits soon!

TDLink

Looking at Scorpion it appears that the Reddit guy may have been right...they just didn't release the trailer when hey said they would. His trait looks exactly as described though based on this video.

Khezu

Looking at Scorpion it appears that the Reddit guy may have been right...they just didn't release the trailer when hey said they would. His trait looks exactly as described though based on this video.

My friend firmly believes they are going to release him Tomorrow, and they just sorta threw him under the bus after all the negative reaction online, and waited for the last possible minute to show him.

I'm unsure what to believe.

Kizer

which was...what, again?

God his super leaves so much to be desired. I am a lot more hype for that Superman alt than I am Scorpion.

Horseress

Very end.

LOL I closed the video after his win pose

Ok, there's no more doubts about MMH being at the game, but I think they will use him the hype up the second DLC characters wave.
And about Scorpion, I'm just happy he isn't gore or anything that could resemble MK, and he looks cool

vg260

LOL I closed the video after his win pose

Ok, there's no more doubts about MMH being at the game, but I think they will use him the hype up the second DLC characters wave.
And about Scorpion, I'm just happy he isn't gore or anything that could resemble MK, and he looks cool

I will concede that his design fits in better with the wonky default outfit art style than any previous version of the character. That's not saying much though.

Awesome. I enjoyed the trailer. And more super man alts!!!!

Can't wait for sub zero in the 2nd season pass.

Both Lobo and Scorpion having a chain move is bad enough. Sub-zero would be so much worse than Scorpion considering there's already an ice character with similar moves, and she was chosen over Captain Cold, a more requested one. Not to mention no Flash villain.

Still waiting for classic/70s/Superfriends alts. Those are a must.

Ryce

The Reddit leaker got the date wrong, but he accurately predicted Scorpion before Zod, a brand new design, new attacks, and the flaming character power. Not impossible guesses by any means, but he's the only person to have made them all.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
It looks as if this is going to be the best and most interesting Scorpion iteration yet, and the most well designed. Now if only they took this differentiating direction with MK.

Scorpion looks 10x more interesting than Lobo and Batgirl, and probably Zod.

Village

I will concede that his design fits in better with the wonky default outfit art style than any previous version of the character. That's not saying much though.

Both Lobo and Scorpion having a chain move is bad enough. Sub-zero would be so much worse than Scorpion considering there's already an ice character with similar moves, and she was chosen over Captain Cold, a more requested one. Not to mention no Flash villain.

Still waiting for classic/70s/Superfriends alts. Those are a must.

WHAT?!

I like the looks of Scorpion and Superman. Not pumped about Scorp and Sub in this game, but if they have to be added I'm glad DC artists are making designs. I hope this leads to DC making a line of MK comics.

I am interested to see how MK characters feel in this system. I really like INjustice and hope MK follows suit with the back to block, unique jump attacks, and overall flow. No need for wall bounces, interactables, but stage transitions could work considering MK's past.

I don't think NRS will be making any more current gen games so hopefully while they are tinkering with the inevitable Next gen MK they continue pumpting out DLC for Injustice. Id be down for a Season 3 next winter.

skarabrae

Banned
I can see how they repurposed some of Scorpion's moves to work with Injustice, and the fact that Jim Lee designed this look isn't too bad... but I'm still not sold with his presence in the game. Honestly, I would have much rather seen Power Girl in the game, but that's just me I guess :p

Horseress

It looks as if this is going to be the best and most interesting Scorpion iteration yet, and the most well designed. Now if only they took this differentiating direction with MK.

Scorpion looks 10x more interesting than Lobo and Batgirl, and probably Zod.

I still didn't want to see him in this game, but I can give you that, he does looks cool

Any word about when he'll be released?

The Jim Lee Scorpion design reminds me of how tragic it is that we never got an alternate costume set for MvC3 with Capcom characters redesigned by Marvel artists and Marvel heroes with designs by the Capcom artists. I really like seeing the outside take on the characters in this game (not that I don't want classic DLC).

Khezu

As for Scorpions teleport, 90% it still hits mid like MK, which means as long as you duck block, it can't cross you up.

It will however probably be very good for punishing jumps and stage hazards, and maybe some projectiles.

The Jim Lee Scorpion design reminds me of how tragic it is that we never got an alternate costume set for MvC3 with Capcom characters redesigned by Marvel artists and Marvel heroes with designs by the Capcom artists. I really like seeing the outside take on the characters in this game (not that I don't want classic DLC).

That would've been amazing. I'm down for more Jim Lee designs in MK10 if he's available.

Nori Chan

I can see how they repurposed some of Scorpion's moves to work with Injustice, and the fact that Jim Lee designed this look isn't too bad... but I'm still not sold with his presence in the game. Honestly, I would have much rather seen Power Girl in the game, but that's just me I guess :p

we'll get her in the second season pass lol or not

MMH
Power Girl/Zatanna
Red Hood
SUB ZERO

Xevren

As for Scorpions teleport, 90% it still hits mid like MK, which means as long as you duck block, it can't cross you up.

It will however probably be very good for punishing jumps and stage hazards, and maybe some projectiles.

Yeah it has to be mid, would be awful if they made it overhead. If it is mid you can just hold down and not worry about the left/right mixup.

vg260

No Sub Zero DLC according to Boon's twitter:
"@noobde so does that trailer mean Sub-Zero is gonna be DLC as well?...
@P_Dubs20 LOL! Nope... one is enough. Like Freddy Krueger in MK9"

It's funny that he's still at a hilariously large disadvantage when the spear at the teleport don't hit. It almost seems unfair considering how much faster IJ is as opposed to MK. You're gonna have to be super careful how you place his specials.

Khezu

It's funny that he's still at a hilariously large disadvantage when the spear at the teleport don't hit. It almost seems unfair considering how much faster IJ is as opposed to MK. You're gonna have to be super careful how you place his specials.

Not to mention, it looks like you have to meter burn the spear for it to combo now, similar to Batmans grapple.

Buncha jerks.
He does look a lot faster overall though, especially his teleport, it seems crazy now.

More stuff on his Twitter. Double "no SZ" confirmed. Not able to paste here though.

Didn't he also say that there's no mk characters in the first place?

Him or hector said that they wanted injustice to be its own thing and weren't going to include MK characters

Oh well, this will teach me to never buy a season pass again from them

vg260

Didn't he also say that there's no mk characters in the first place?

Him or hector said that they wanted injustice to be its own thing and weren't going to include MK characters

Oh well, this will teach me to never buy a season pass again from them

They never technically said there won't be any MK characters in the game. They never directly address it specifically like that in interviews, even in a Giant Bomb interview where Jeff talked about Scorpion as a requested character. They just talk in vague terms.

I agree the season pass thing is sketchy, though.

Top Bottom