• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Injustice: Gods Among Us |OT| With Super Friends Like These, Who Needs Enemies?

Batgirl was put in this game to teach people how to block. Out of 20 ranked matches or so against her with my DS, ive lost 3-4 times.

I know, and it's not hard, really. It just takes me out of my usual rhythm. I've won most of my matches against her and have considered getting the season pass just to mess with her and scorpion.

Nori Chan

Fuck black Adams first mission.

He has those stupid up any button combos and has the dont miss any inputs too

This will literally be the hardest one ever

then i realize all you have to do is hold up then the button wow

shaowebb

Fuck Green Arrow

Yes I am salty

I play Green Arrow. Maybe I can help tell you how to deal with whatever happened to you. Sort of a way to offer you some therapy for the traumatic experience you've been through.
yETw9yg.jpg

Tell me where the bad man touched you by pointing to it on this doll.

Gbraga

I play Green Arrow. Maybe I can help tell you how to deal with whatever happened to you. Sort of a way to offer you some therapy for the traumatic experience you've been through.

Tell me where the bad man touched you by pointing to it on this doll.

BAHAHAHAHAHA

Awesome.

I really can't deal with that string where the second hit is a low and the third an overhead, and he cancels it into an arrow. Is this shit an infinite blockstring? Where can I punish it? It's so frustrating to be able to block everything but still be unable to do anything.

Bleepey

Is it wrong that I like Green Arrow and Nightwing's 20+ hit combos that do only 15% damage. Pretty to watch but it's laughable they do so little damage for so many hits. Then there's Cyborg with his touch of death combo set ups where he can kill you in two combos quite literally.

shaowebb

BAHAHAHAHAHA

Awesome.

I really can't deal with that string where the second hit is a low and the third an overhead, and he cancels it into an arrow. Is this shit an infinite blockstring? Where can I punish it? It's so frustrating to be able to block everything but still be unable to do anything.

Its not an infinite blockstring as you can pushblock it by spending meter (which folks rarely do for some reason) Pushblock and the whole thing gets blown up usually because F2D13 is sort of a commitment combo. Generally we use Light em Up before that combo since its safe as well, but allows us to go into F2D13 as well. One starts high one starts low...and thus our high low mixup pressure begins.

Also if you are trying to block that combo it almost always ends in ice arrow which is a high since THAT is what makes it safe on block for us. I've been trying to educate folks in the corner you can end it with stinger and MB air dead on to slip in a low and pull in some big damage on just those two moves alone, but its rare anyone uses that tech.

Anyhow the way around it is pushblock and go into something quick. Dont go meaty, just use an armored move if you got it or straight up use somethign fast after the pushblock.
NEVER let Green Arrow put you in the corner. All his strings push folks back into the corner and his zoning (while fast) is punish only in essence. He wont be able to full screen you very well as the damage on it is too poor. IF you see someone with electric or fire though then either they experimenting, or are amazing as they are either someone who can make good enough reads that they feel they don't need his ice reset damage (which is the bulk of his damage) or they are good enough that they feel ANY punish off those arrows they can convert at midscreen for one of his trickier combos and that they'll break even. He also suffers against folks with good wakeups as most arent using that WCOS thing I posted at all on those and many Green Arrows while good at high low pressure struggle against pressure themselves as his GTFO game is pretty limited once put in block string. Put GA in the corner and its hard for us to get back out and predictable we'll go for box spin wakeups most times for the armor.

Also beware...folks are starting to realize air dead on MB and sky alert MB do insane damage. Lots of us are trying to come up with punishes in the lab on folks using them and most end up mid to high 20's all the way to mid 30's in damage. Be careful with jump ins or run in attacks that go in raw as those are generally how we are setting up for these high damage small tick combo punishes.

For now, push block if he does the high low. It is WELL worth the meter as if you convince someone that you will always pushblock and punish it they will be forced to midscreen fight you and most don't know how to open folks up without that combo. They'll likely try to just random arrow you and convert (which a lot aren't good at) or they'll jump 3 all day which can get you killed if abused too often.

J-Tier

I'm excited, actually. Zod's going to win over more naysayers than Batgirl.

Hopefully. I have no issues with Zod at all really. But we all know what I have issues with xD

Also, there's no doubt in my mind we'll be hearing his iconic "KNEEL BEFORE ZOD!"

Ryce

Hopefully. I have no issues with Zod at all really. But we all know what I have issues with xD

Also, there's no doubt in my mind we'll be hearing his iconic "KNEEL BEFORE ZOD!"
Intro: "Kneel before me!"
Second Health Bar: "Kneel!"
Clash: "You will kneel before Zod!"
Victory: "Kneel before Zod!"

Such diversity! I wonder if Nolan North will be affecting a British accent.

Village

My issue with zod, is that he int really that relevant. The best most interesting thing zod did was inadvertently create vegeta when akira toriyama made Japanese superman I mean dragon ball.

He was in a movie once ... eh.

Yeah I understand he is in the new superman movie, but still he gets beat and gets thrown in inter-dimensional jail, and then no one cares.

Ryce

My issue with zod, is that he int really that relevant. The best most interesting thing zod did was inadvertently create vegeta when akira toriyama made Japanese superman I mean dragon ball.

He was in a movie once ... eh.
He was technically in two movies (he appeared at the beginning of the original Superman), and I don't know how you can call him irrelevant when he's the main villain in the upcoming Man of Steel. For better or worse, that's more exposure than 95% of the Injustice cast. Because of those film appearances, he's probably the second most recognizable Superman villain behind Lex Luthor.

But I get what you're saying. Strictly speaking, Zod's a fairly minor comic book character; it's just that comic books are far less popular than movies, TV shows, video games, et cetera.

Village

He was technically in two movies (he appeared at the beginning of the original Superman), and I don't know how you can call him irrelevant when he's the main villain in the upcoming Man of Steel. For better or worse, that's more exposure than 95% of the Injustice cast. Because of those film appearances, he's probably the second most recognizable Superman villain behind Lex Luthor.

That is sad. Also I am pretty sure people could recognize bizarro superman.

Anyways, I still see him as largely irrelevant not to get to into film here, but we know the plot to this movie. And if this superman movie is leading up to some justice leuge flick he is going to be even more Irrelevant.

again I can understand movie relevance, but.... it should have just been darksied

Ryce

again I can understand movie relevance, but.... it should have just been darksied
Darkseid's still my second most wanted DLC character behind Martian Manhunter, but I feel like NetherRealm is saving him for a prospective sequel. Supergirl's the only additional Superman character I could possibly see happening.

Ed Boon retweeted my achievement :O
Congratulations! I could barely get through S.T.A.R. Labs with one star each -- there's no way I'm even going to attempt 100% completion.

Jagxyz

What type of skin packs do you guys want?

I really want another new 52 pack with

Gotta have that new reverse flash, black + red is just too good.
Grundy is pretty good as well
Third would have to be the new sinestro look from GL 20, don't wanna post a pic cause it's a 1 week old spoiler, but he really needs a better alt costume. Regime is just terrible on him.

Khezu

Also one thing I'm kinda curious about, do you think they will eventually do a GOTY edition with all the DLC?

I know MK got one, but this game has considerably more DLC then MK9 did. This will probably have about 60+ dollars worth of DLC when all is said and done.

Plus, xbox and ps3 are kinda dying, so I'm not sure if it would really sell very well.

J-Tier

Yeah, I think I mainly want the New 52 skins. Everything else is just bonus. Maybe some of the Elseworld stuff from Infinite Crisis would be good too.

shaowebb

That's what Grundy looks like in New 52? Do want!

No thats what Grundy looks like in Earth 2 where instead of just being a zombie he also inherits the powers of being the main avatar for the Rot which is one of the 3 major forces of the planet. The Rot-The Red-The Green. Each element is a fundamental force of life. Red=flesh. Any living being of any species is connected to it. The avatars can channel abilities from any living creature, flesh-mancer healing, jump from one being to another and reshape them to a form suited to them and more. The Green =plant life. The avatar of the green can control all plants, travel by channeling their beings across the root systems of plants or just plain reform themselves out of other plants similar to the flesh-mancy The Red uses. The rot=death. Decay, rot, pestilence...anything tainted belongs to the rot. It can infect anything and is strongest around these elements. Its avatars cannot truly be destroyed as they are already one with death and stay animate.

Should any of the 3 grow more powerful than the others all things will end. The Rot is striving to force itself over the other 2 due to the other two force's avatars not being fully ready to assume their roles. Life. Death. And all things that have ever existed on the planet are connected in this struggle but the only forces that can actually fight this war are those connected to the elements themselves.

In Earth 2 Universe their Green Lantern is an avatar of the The Green instead of a normal corp lantern. He still uses constructs which Swamp Thing does not. Its just sort of a different origin on Green Lantern in Earth 2 as he is largely unchanged.

Since Animal Man and Swamp Thing introduced these elements to DC proper they have brought about some of the absolute coolest shit ever written into comics. Check out anything involving them.

Khezu

How much work would it realistically take to change all of Black Adams lightning blue for just an alt costume?

I know they did it for Yellow Lantern, but he was a pivotal story character.

shaowebb

How much work would it realistically take to change all of Black Adams lightning blue for just an alt costume?

I know they did it for Yellow Lantern, but he was a pivotal story character.

Not much. If its all tied to particle emitters just a change to one setting. If its pre-rendered effects that are tied to his character they should be on a seperate file that could be altered in much the same manner. It'd only take work if the entire character was a pre-rendered animation and none of the game was being rendered in 3D using models in real time...which the game is indeed doing so the ONE way it'd take a lot of work is a non factor as this game most assuredly is using 3d models and animation files and not just pre-rendered animation frames exported over as 2D frames.

In any event, it'd be only a few minutes work to tweak the levels on those. One of MANY reasons why I want this on PC. One good unpacker gets made and I can make any alt I want and tweak any effect I want by exporting files over into Maya/zbrush/photoshop.

One of MANY reasons why I want this on PC. One good unpacker gets made and I can make any alt I want and tweak any effect I want by exporting files over into Maya/zbrush/photoshop.

Which surely makes DC (and Marvel) hesitant to allow games with their characters on PC.

shaowebb

Which surely makes DC (and Marvel) hesitant to allow games with their characters on PC.

You should see Street Fighter games on PC. If its a super hero it has been made. If I could drag and drop a rig off a model it'd be great, but that'd likely screw up hitboxes so not a lot of replacement models get made...just additive elements on costumes crop up and of course reskins are by and large the MOST prominent as most folks can photoshop, but few can model.

PC...if you are doing it right you support modding communities. They keep folks excited for your game for way longer than normal. Just ask Bethesda.

J-Tier

Marvel and DC are very strict when it comes to the identities of their characters. They don't like the idea of their characters being modded. They don't want to see nude Batman mods, and Deadpool outfits for Deathstroke on an official game of theirs. That's the main reason why these games aren't on the PC.

Regardless, it could still happen. I just don't think it'll be any time soon.

Lost Fragment

Obsessed with 4chan
I have a hard time believing it's the "main" reason they don't release games on PC. If they thought they could sell a million copies on PC they'd do it. But yeah, probably one of the reasons at least.

J-Tier

I have a hard time believing it's the "main" reason they don't release games on PC. If they thought they could sell a million copies on PC they'd do it. But yeah, probably one of the reasons at least.

It's a big deal. They don't want their IP's misrepresented in any way. To us, it's trivial. To them, they foresee potential (imaginary) lawsuits.

Sephzilla

It's a big deal. They don't want their IP's misrepresented in any way. To us, it's trivial. To them, they foresee potential (imaginary) lawsuits.

I don't buy that as a real reason either, to be honest. If people were that concerned about their IPs being misrepresented I don't think stuff like "machinima" and such would even exist.

J-Tier

I don't buy that as a real reason either, to be honest. If people were that concerned about their IPs being misrepresented I don't think stuff like "machinima" and such would even exist.

They're safe under fair use (machinima). They do it in parody, therefore they cannot be harassed by the companies. When it is in their (DC/Marvel/etc) control though, they make sure it's entirely in their control. Some companies care more than others of course, i.e. Capcom, at least on the surface, doesn't care about the modding done to their games.

For Marvel and DC, their characters appeal to a wide demographic, they don't want parents (as one example) seeing naked Spider-Man from an official game of theirs. It's why Hasbro shot down the My Little Pony fighting game, they don't want to be associated with violence, etc as the project began to look more and more like a real product of their own.

Top Bottom