• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Injustice: Gods Among Us |OT| With Super Friends Like These, Who Needs Enemies?

I still feel the Season Pass should have been called a Character pass, since that's primarily what you're getting (4 characters for the price of 3 and one extra skin pack). If they were including multiple skin packs then yes, Season pass would have been a good name, but it's kinda misleading.

shaowebb

a7uioID.gif

shaowebb

Dude is gonna DEMAND you block him low. Leg trap, teleport punch, hellfire...yep blockin low. Seriously betting he's awesome though because those 3 tools look like they will really give him good punishes. His vortex will need tested in the lab because its looking like they are changing things in where they hit (high to mid, etc) and since Spear needs MB.

BTW his super is a teleport slide kick. Random super will be a thing with him for comebacks and given he covers so much ground with it he'll easily be able to combo just about anything into it. Yeah I prefer all DC but its fighting games and if Capcom can shove Akuma/Ryu into everything then NRS can do the same. Besides he'll help lure this game's crowd over to MK10 with his inclusion. Good stuff.

h0mebas3

Hey everyone,

I'm learning the basics of blocking, high low mix ups, etc...and I was curious if someone wouldn't mind beating me up every so often so I can practice? I think learning the fundamentals at this point is probably what I should focus on.

As far as Scorpion goes, hmm...I suppose I don't mind as long as it's not at the expense of other DC characters being added. If I don't get Power Girl because of this though then I'm going to be salty...

J-Tier

Such an outrage because of Scorpion, they did a good job on him, not like they just threw him into the game.
The outrage is from the fans of DC comics. It's not like its unwarranted, considering Scorpion is there in the place of a plethora of characters with a legacy that spans many decades. They did a good job on him, but any DC character could've been just as cool with the effort put into it.

It's very clear they're aware of how unpopular the decision was, that's why they had to preface the opening with an explanation from Jim Lee and Boon(that I don't buy, full circle? More like putting your baby on the same pedestal as Superman and Batman) and ending with a tease for MMH. The tease with MMH though, that makes me willing to accept Scorpion.

Ryce

It's very clear they're aware of how unpopular the decision was, that's why they had to preface the opening with an explanation from Jim Lee and Boon
I'm pretty sure that introduction would have been there regardless. Jim Lee might be the biggest artist in comics -- getting him to design Scorpion is a big deal.

BTW his super is a teleport slide kick. Random super will be a thing with him for comebacks and given he covers so much ground with it he'll easily be able to combo just about anything into it. Yeah I prefer all DC but its fighting games and if Capcom can shove Akuma/Ryu into everything then NRS can do the same. Besides he'll help lure this game's crowd over to MK10 with his inclusion. Good stuff.

To be honest, I'm starting to wonder what they'll take from IJ into MK. MK is a different style, but there are somethings I hope they change/add to MK from IJ. Watching Scorpion in action is almost like a Pseudo-sneak peek for me lol.

shaowebb

I'd just rather have literally any other DC character over him.
Same, but he's here, he's looking like he'll be fun and I respect what he will likely do for helping MK10 to grow its market as well as I respect that this is just something fighting game companies do.

I'll play him. Would have preferred that "any other DC character of name value", but I can't really get mad here. Besides $5 per character. Buy $15 season pass and you essentially get one free. This is your extra dude in my eyes. Would you have preferred 4 DC? Yup and so would I, but I know I didnt pay for one of my 4 dlc extra guys and he looks really good to play so I'm cool with it.

vg260

It's very clear they're aware of how unpopular the decision was, that's why they had to preface the opening with an explanation from Jim Lee and Boon(that I don't buy, full circle? More like putting your baby on the same pedestal as Superman and Batman) and ending with a tease for MMH. The tease with MMH though, that makes me willing to accept Scorpion.

I'm 50/50 on the first part, but I think MMH was for sure teased because they are aware of a lot of the displeasure.

Same, but he's here, he's looking like he'll be fun and I respect what he will likely do for helping MK10 to grow its market as well as I respect that this is just something fighting game companies do.

I'll play him. Would have preferred that "any other DC character of name value", but I can't really get mad here. Besides $5 per character. Buy $15 season pass and you essentially get one free. This is your extra dude in my eyes. Would you have preferred 4 DC? Yup and so would I, but I know I didnt pay for one of my 4 dlc extra guys and he looks really good to play so I'm cool with it.

Sure. I understand. I just don't care about their MK brand. I don't buy the MK games. I respect that they are a good studio when it comes to fighting games; I've been loving Injustice. But it's been a cautionary tale that I shouldn't buy season passes. I don't do it often but when I do I swear to God I always get burned. :p

Probably not going to DL him just so he isn't on my roster.

BadAss2961

Scoripions teleport punch looks crazy fast in this.
Looks about as annoying as Batgirl's teleport. That shit better be super punishable after blocking it.

MMH should be awesome... Hopefully he's not still in the watchtower background when he fights there.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
The Jim Lee Scorpion design reminds me of how tragic it is that we never got an alternate costume set for MvC3 with Capcom characters redesigned by Marvel artists and Marvel heroes with designs by the Capcom artists. I really like seeing the outside take on the characters in this game (not that I don't want classic DLC).
That actually sounds like a really cool idea. Can't say I thought of that at the time though.

I think DC should do the designs for the next MK.

Khezu

Sure. I understand. I just don't care about their MK brand. I don't buy the MK games. I respect that they are a good studio when it comes to fighting games; I've been loving Injustice. But it's been a cautionary tale that I shouldn't buy season passes. I don't do it often but when I do I swear to God I always get burned. :p

Probably not going to DL him just so he isn't on my roster.

If you play online you will have to.

J-Tier

That actually sounds like a really cool idea. Can't say I thought of that at the time though.

I think DC should do the designs for the next MK.

That is indeed a good idea. We'd see more anime-esque interpretations from Capcom for sure...but Marvel versions of the Capcom characters could be really interesting.

Kizer

So was that Blackest Night Supes?

Correct. This Superman is the one from Earth 2 (which is the silver age continuity 1956 — c.1970)

I hope we continue to see blackest night skins for all the characters involved. I would adore an orange lantern Lex and a blue lantern Barry.

Ryce

I'm not as upset about Scorpion as I once was. His intro animation is perfect, and it manages to represent all of Mortal Kombat in only a few seconds.

DR2K

Banned
MMH is obviously for season pass 2. Sub Zero is all but confirmed for it as well. Winner of poll(Zatanna/Redhood), and super/power girl.

vg260

I'm not as upset about Scorpion as I once was. His intro animation is perfect, and it manages to represent all of Mortal Kombat in only a few seconds.

His win pose is awesome though, as skeletons are ridiculous and awesome, so that's a redeeming quality. I can't play Joker, because I hate his win animation.

J-Tier

MMH is obviously for season pass 2. Sub Zero is all but confirmed for it as well. Winner of poll(Zatanna/Redhood), and super/power girl.

Boon emphasized in a tweet today that Scorpion will be the only guest character though, so I'd be disappointed with a Sub-Zero for a completely different reason. And that would be for straight up lying.

Ryce

Scorpion's Injustice incarnation screams "villain" to me, but I suppose we'll have to wait for him to come out before knowing for certain. Shazam's "I thought we were friends?" and Deathstroke's "Still want to be a hero?" clash quotes wouldn't make any sense for him. He's a murderous loner out for revenge.

If there's a second Season Pass, and if NetherRealm bothers to keep the roster balanced, we can expect the following:

Power Hero (Martian Manhunter)
Power Hero
Gadget Hero
Gadget Villain

His win pose is awesome though, as skeletons are ridiculous and awesome, so that's a redeeming quality. I can't play Joker, because I hate his win animation.

Doo bee doo...You're fired!

I actually like that he pours gasoline on someone and sets them on fire.

J-Tier

Doo bee doo...You're fired!

I actually like that he pours gasoline on someone and sets them on fire.

Yeah, I think it's fitting. Joker's meant to be a scary character, he's the last villain I'd want to be stuck in the same room with as it likely means a sure death.

Nori Chan

MMH
Power Girl
Red Hood
Zatanna

i believe ;___;

those are perfect for me i would pay double the season pass for this season pass lol

Ryce

LaudinumGamer: So...is 4 characters the limit then? No more DLC Season 2?
Ed Boon: Oh, we didn't say that! :)

BOOOOOOOOOON!

It's fitting, it just creeps me out too much :p

Hah. I actually think I understand. I don't like his creepy ass face as the win pose over. It freaks me out. That's why I use Red Hood to cover that. XD

As for Scorpions.. (NEWS!)

I was disappointed with him not getting different stuff, since I was hoping to main him, being one of my favorite MK characters. But I really loved his intro/win pose. Sure his super could have better, for others. I enjoyed it, but what would have been better if the last hit was him sending them into the lava.

I'm ready for that Season Pass 2!

Top Bottom