• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Injustice: Gods Among Us |OT| With Super Friends Like These, Who Needs Enemies?

Ryce

Nah, that was just the armor from being hit.
Thanks, I wasn't sure. I'm not a big fan of counter supers.

Some more Ed Boon goodness...

eric_theViking: i will never play injustice again. Honestly you've ruined a great original game.
Ed Boon: Really? One out of 28+ characters? Really?

TazTitan85: why, why put Scorpion in Injustice? Martian Manhunter would have been a better choice.
Ed Boon: If you assume we're done.

So, yeah, a second Season Pass is pretty much a done deal. "28+."

TDLink

I still think Scorpion is a dumb inclusion, even after seeing him in action. I am happy we are getting a second season pass though and hope it is the top 3 from the poll + Manhunter. Would be a real thank you to fans if it is. Somehow I am guessing we are still going to be stuck with at least something lackluster...we'll see.

I don't understand why people think Sub Zero is now a foregone conclusion. There is literally 0 evidence towards him being in the game outside of the gamefaqs post where the dude just took random letters from the Hex code and tried to imply it meant anything whatsoever (it didn't). Boon has also now very clearly said it isn't happening. Scorpion is the only MK character we are getting (thankfully).

This Superman alt is presumably the costume that comes with the new character right? Looks really awesome, almost more hyped for that than Scorp.

TDLink

This Superman alt is presumably the costume that comes with the new character right? Looks really awesome, almost more hyped for that than Scorp.

Possibly but not definitely. The Lobo video had him fighting Flashpoint Batman, which was the compatibility skin. The Batgirl video had her fighting Tourist Joker, which was one of the 3 skins in the Killing Joke pack you had to pay extra for. So it could go either way.

GrayFoxPL

That Scorpion design is shit.

Not very well animated either.

Eh, thinking about selling Injustice, I was just waiting for Scorp but this? Dunno.

Ryce

MidApollo: Officially disappointed you would ignore MMH
Ed Boon: Are you sure about that?

MidApollo: Dear Mr. Ed i have been waiting for MMH to turn up ever since u announced this game... so excuse me for not being all optimistic
Ed Boon: Don't touch that dial ...assuming your TV has an actual dial... you know what I mean.

It's happening, guys. This isn't Boon's trolling persona.

Sonson21

Banned
Nice his gameplay looks awesome and I'm hyped that they added him, but that costume sucks. Hopefully the DLC characters get alternate costumes too. I'd love to get a more traditional looking Scorpion like his Deadly Alliance costume.

GrayFoxPL

Nice his gameplay looks awesome and I'm hyped that they added him, but that costume sucks. Hopefully the DLC characters get alternate costumes too. I'd love to get a more traditional looking Scorpion like his Deadly Alliance costume.

Yeah Scorp in DA is one of mine all time favorite costumes.

ik1KGe8kpRkdY.gif

I'm sure he[ll have more classic dlc outfit, I just don't know if I want to wait for it.

Ryce

For what it's worth, the Reddit leaker says Martian Manhunter and Supergirl are part of the second Season Pass. I've got no complaints about that if true.

Kyzon

Why wasn't this costume in Mortal Kombat '11? Scorpion looks fantastic here.

I'm kinda hoping in the next MK, they have Xrays and super moves. Brutality, and a place to showcase your powers would be ideal for me.

Khezu

For what it's worth, the Reddit leaker says Martian Manhunter and Supergirl are part of the second Season Pass. I've got no complaints about that if true.

The Supergirl part makes me not believe it.... but then again we did get Batgirl. Will have to wait and see if Zod summons dudes.

Also we need this.
wa9jVYO.jpg

Eidan

I played some of this at a friend's place over the weekend. I have to say, I was very impressed. Once again NetherRealm does what other fighters don't. The story mode, the sheer glut of single player content in this game, is fucking inspiring. With MK9, and now this game, I can easily say that NetherRealm are the king of fighters.

Ryce

NetherRealm could easily differentiate three Kryptonians from one another:

Superman - powerful, hard-hitting
Zod - technical, has a parry, traps (heats ground with eye lasers, burns on touch), summons soldiers
Supergirl - speedy rushdown brawler with a bunch of fast combos

vg260

I played some of this at a friend's place over the weekend. I have to say, I was very impressed. Once again NetherRealm does what other fighters don't. The story mode, the sheer glut of single player content in this game, is fucking inspiring. With MK9, and now this game, I can easily say that NetherRealm are the king of fighters.

A ton of content for sure, but Star Labs is a lot of fat they need to cut next time. It's not fun or helpful.

Derpstar

Banned
NetherRealm could easily differentiate three Kryptonians from one another:

Superman - powerful, hard-hitting
Zod - technical, has a parry, traps (heats ground with eye lasers, burns on touch), summons soldiers
Supergirl - speedy rushdown brawler with a bunch of fast combos

But why not Boo—I mean—Powergirl? ;__;

GrayFoxPL

If we get a costume for Scorpion, it has to be flaming skull! Inferno Scorpion!

Ah.

I'd vote for DA, UMK3 or MK4 Scorpion outfits.

itbSESI3DeLXc.jpg

iIaAwYonTms4e.gif

i98pKrieBTLTm.jpg

This is Scorp. Not what they've shown. Why on Earth should he "fit in"? He's summoned straight from MK tournament. In ridiculous costume.

TDLink

I trust this reddit guy after the scorpion reveal so I am sure he is right about Supergirl. She is a better choice than power girl but still a pretty lame choice. 3 kryptonians is so redundant, even if they make them all different.

I suspect Zatanna and Red Hood would be the last two then, which would overall be a pretty good second set of characters. I would totally take Black Manta or a Flash villain over Jason though.

Horseress

Agreed. I don't like having mortal kombat characters in a DC fighting game but this is easily the best costume Scorpion had ever had. He looks really cool.

I was ready to rage when I opened the video, but they were very aware that people would rage and made it very clear that Scorpion would not be just a MK port in the DC, he's the guest character (the only one, thank god) redesigned to look like a comic character, and that worked very well
Good shit, again, Netherrealm

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
Really like Scorpion's costume. He has a cool intro/win animation and nice looking clash too, but otherwise he does seem pretty much ported over. I do find him fun to play atleast, but meh overall.

Curious to see how he'll end up competitively. They did speed him up, but his spear and teleport leave him insanely unsafe.

Top Bottom