• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Injustice: Gods Among Us |OT| With Super Friends Like These, Who Needs Enemies?

ahm998

If i have a chance to kill Mr.Boon I would but him in grave and finish him :p because he didn't give us Wii U owner Private match or DLC until now.

Shame on him if he think he is a good developer this is half work for his game.

I hope he give us small news like release date or answer our question in Twitter.

Khezu

I wonder if this was supposed to go up or not.

It seemed like NRS was going to ween into next week by showing off all the skins everyday.
Maybe it was supposed to go up this week like that one reddit dude said, but it got pushed back for what ever reason, and MS screwed up and released it anyway.

Moaradin

This character is really fun. NRS certainly did a good job with these DLC characters. He doesn't even feel out of place despite being a MK character. Both his moveset and looks fit this game pretty well.

He seems like another anti zoner as well. His teleport is gonna be a bitch to deal with. It can be done on the ground and in the air. To top it all off, it crosses up. I wonder how that's gonna work without a MK block button.

Slurmer

Banned
This character is really fun. NRS certainly did a good job with these DLC characters. He doesn't even feel out of place despite being a MK character. Both his moveset and looks fit this game pretty well.

He seems like another anti zoner as well. His teleport is gonna be a bitch to deal with. It can be done on the ground and in the air. To top it all off, it crosses up. I wonder how that's gonna work without a MK block button.

Duck

TDLink

I wonder if this was supposed to go up or not.

It seemed like NRS was going to ween into next week by showing off all the skins everyday.
Maybe it was supposed to go up this week like that one reddit dude said, but it got pushed back for what ever reason, and MS screwed up and released it anyway.

It's going to really suck if that is the case and PS3 doesn't get it until next week. I hope that now that the cat is out of the bag they don't pull it from 360 and hold off on PS3. Especially since it would mess up Online.

Excited about picking up Red Son pack 2. Any pictures of the costumes?

Blackest Night Doomsday looks meh, especially if the compatibility skin is just Classic Doomsday. I guess Doomsday doesn't really have a ton of skin options though.

Khezu

It's going to really suck if that is the case and PS3 doesn't get it until next week. I hope that now that the cat is out of the bag they don't pull it from 360 and hold off on PS3. Especially since it would mess up Online.

Excited about picking up Red Son pack 2. Any pictures of the costumes?

Blackest Night Doomsday looks meh, especially if the compatibility skin is just Classic Doomsday. I guess Doomsday doesn't really have a ton of skin options though.

No you can't buy the Red Son pack.

I think MS is going to pull this. It's clearly not ready. This stuff was supposed to come with a patch as well, but it didn't go live.

Also the Blackest night costumes are bugged, they freeze the game, or just cause weird things to happen.
TZqJia5.gif

kY7anWT.gif

I think the reddit dude was right, but the stuff got delayed because the patch wasn't ready.

tim1138

What a shame.

The blackest night costume selections are really freaking strange. Instead of Flash and Doomsday (I don't think Doomsday was ever a black lantern) why not Aquaman and Hawkgirl? Who were?

Or even Hal, especially considering recent events in the comic.

TDLink

I'm not really sure how NRS is going to fix this. They can't just un-download Scorpion from those who get him right now on 360. And it isn't really fair for some to get him but not everyone (who wants him) on both systems. The skins bugging out is really weird though. I wonder how they are going to react.

What a shame.

The blackest night costume selections are really freaking strange. Instead of Flash and Doomsday (I don't think Doomsday was ever a black lantern) why not Aquaman and Hawkgirl? Who were?

It's explicitly listed as "Blackest Night Pack 1". Past skin packs have not been numbered like that. This implies that there will probably be at least 3 more Blackest Night skins.

Grimsen

Scorpion is pretty slick in this. NRS did a good job.

And Zombie Supes moving super fast in his idle animation is funny as hell, but broken.

Khezu

I'm not really sure how NRS is going to fix this. They can't just un-download Scorpion from those who get him right now on 360. And it isn't really fair for some to get him but not everyone (who wants him) on both systems. The skins bugging out is really weird though. I wonder how they are going to react.

It's explicitly listed as "Blackest Night Pack 1". Past skin packs have not been numbered like that. This implies that there will probably be at least 3 more Blackest Night skins.

They will pull it from the store.

There also is no patch, and that means no compatibility patch either, so you can't really use the costumes or Scorpion online, since only a few people will have it, and we will get lots of desyncs.

TDLink

They will pull it from the store.

There also is no patch, and that means no compatibility patch either, so you can't really use the costumes or Scorpion online, since only a few people will have it, and we will get lots of desyncs.

Right so are the people who download Scorpion now just screwed in terms of playing online for the next week? Shitty situation if so.

Xevren

Right so are the people who download Scorpion now just screwed in terms of playing online for the next week? Shitty situation if so.

I went in assuming I would be screwed for online, but I don't play this online ever so I'm fine with that. I still feel meh on the character, feels largely the same to me as he did in mk. Only difference is his trait really.

vg260

I'm confused. The compat skin pack is up on the marketplace. Scorpion just doesn't seem to be up for non-season pass buyers yet. If people buy that or the new skin pack, they could at least play online, right?

I went in assuming I would be screwed for online, but I don't play this online ever so I'm fine with that. I still feel meh on the character, feels largely the same to me as he did in mk. Only difference is his trait really.

But, what about Boon's "wait to you see how he plays"?

Slurmer

Banned
Can you explain what his trait does?

Khezu

You can still play online, you just can't choose Scorpion, and if you try and use any of the new skins you will desync.

DRE Fei

Scorpion seems pretty good as an anti-zoner. Teleport punch is mid, so you can just crouch to block it. It's more of a projectile punish move than a mixup move and still very unsafe on block.

Unblockable full screen hellfire should keep people from turtling too much. Seems really good for punishing full screen projectile characters along with teleport punch.

Flip kick special has really fast startup and recovery. It has great vertical range for anti-air and seems good for ending combos.

Leg takedown is really unsafe on block as expected, but I guess you could cancel into it from a string every once in a while to mix up. Seems more like a combo finisher.

Day 1 combos:

2~trait, f113~spear meterburn, b3, j3~teleport punch, f22~flip kick/leg takedown 38%

2~trait, f113~spear meterburn, b3, j2, j2~teleport punch, f22~flip kick/leg takedown 39%

Khezu

Can you explain what his trait does?

Like a weird mix of Grundy's and Black Adams. Does aoe dot damage, and you can combo into it and out of it to extend combos.

It will probably end up being very useful for setting up his vortex as if you hit someone with it in the air, it causes a standing reset.

Overall Scorpion is really awesome, he uses his MK9 base, but they changed the properties of a lot of moves, overall made him much faster and safer.

They also did the best thing ever, they made his flip kick a move again, in stead of being stuck as part of a string.

It totally makes up for him being junk in MK9.

Ryce

Could anyone with Scorpion please go into practice mode, turn AI Clash on, and see which lines Shazam and Deathstroke use to determine whether or not NRS considers him a villain?

Shazam
Hero - "I thought we were friends?"
Villain - "I'll be the bad guy!" (?)

Deathstroke
Hero - "Still want to be a hero?"
Villain - "Super-villains annoy me."

Nori Chan

Red son pack 2 up in the store but unable to buy. Also no scorpion in store for me.

I did get the compat pack and blackest night.
Maybe I should delete the compat pack to get scorpion?

Khezu

Red son pack 2 up in the store but unable to buy. Also no scorpion in store for me.

I did get the compat pack and blackest night.
Maybe I should delete the compat pack to get scorpion?

The only way to get Scorpion is with the season pass.

If you have it, it unlocks it when you DL either Blackest Night, or the Comp pack.

Nori Chan

Lmao scorpion says fatality in one of his clash quotes.

And nothing on him being a hero or villain. Weird thing is his clash with 4 bars does only 28% maybe he's still not done?

Ryce

And nothing on him being a hero or villain.
The easiest way of figuring this out is to do Scorpion vs. Shazam in training mode and keep initiating Clashes until Shazam says either "I thought we were friends" or "I'll be the bad guy." It might take a few tries, but I'm sure he'll say it eventually.

Nori Chan

The easiest way of figuring this out is to do Scorpion vs. Shazam in training mode and keep initiating Clashes until Shazam says either "I thought we were friends" or "I'll be the bad guy." It might take a few tries, but I'm sure he'll say it eventually.
Did it like 10 times and nothing. Guess ill keep doing it again

kyo27

Scorpion does a divekick on certain interactables otherwise he is a gadget character. I noticed he does it on the tvs in Arkham and the middle missile on the hangar stage.

DRE Fei

That must be the red son lantern. Looks cool.

More scorpion combos:

Meterless:

j2, f22u3~teleport punch, f22u3~spear 31%

f3, j2, f22u3~teleport punch, 21~leg takedown 32%

j3, f113~teleport punch, 113~leg takedown 33%

j2, 2~trait, f22u3~teleport punch, f22u3~spear 38%

1 Meter:

b2, dash, f113~spear MB, j2, 2u3~leg takedown 36%

j3, f113~spear MB, b3, j2, 2u3~leg takedown 38%

2~trait, f113~spear MB, b3, j3~teleport punch, f22~flip kick/leg takedown 38%

2~trait, f113~spear MB, b3, j2, j2~teleport punch, f22~flip kick/leg takedown 39%

2~trait, f113~spear MB, b3, j3~teleport punch, j3~air throw 40%

super:

j2, 2~trait, f22u3~super 49%

Top Bottom